Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yasuraka

[Open] Skyrim roulette: signup

23 posts in this topic

The dovahkiin is sick, he hears voices in his head and he has multiple personalities, all trying to get control over his body and actions. This is his story!

---

Ok, so this is inspired by the dwarf fortress story of 'boatmurdered', where a bunch of guys got together and played a single game of dwarf fortress, however each person got exactly 1 year to control the fortress before having to give over control to the next person. Each of them described their actions and what happened during their short period as mayor of boatmurdered.

Now I want to take this concept to Skyrim. We will all play as the dovahkiin, however each of us will get 1 week to control the actions of the dragonborn before saving the game and passing the save file on. Each of us will describe our actions and adventures, all written from the perspective of your personality as you take control of the dragonborn.

Some practical stuff:

• Each player gets control of the dovahkiin for exactly one day (in game time), starting and ending at 7:00 am, during this day the player is allowed to play the game as he/she wants.
  • Fast travel is discouraged but not forbidden.
  • After 1 day the player saves the game and sends the save game to the next person.
  • We play without DLC/mods unless we all happen to have bought the same DLC and/or get to agree which mod to use.
  • Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
  • After everyone has had their turn, it's back to the first person's turn.
  • If someone doesn't complete their turn within a reasonable amount of time (say 1 week real time), we'll revert back to the latest save and continue from there.

So yeah, let me know if you would like to join this and we'll get a roster going.

Current roster:

- DragonGuard

- DayDreamer (Previous)

- Wstflg (current?)

- Kyo (backup current)

- Trioctium (if he has bought Skyrim)

- Rage_the_dragoon

---

How to turn off DLC/Mods:

Step 1: Start Skyrim

Step 2: Select data files

1ZBvU0n.png

Step 3: unselect all the boxes (you can do this with arrow buttons and spacebar).

HhY5bfn.png

Step 4: click ok

(Note: this will fuck up your load order, so that sucks...)

How to load save file:

Step 1: Save your current skyrim game (don't rely on auto-saves or quick saves, these get overwritten).

Step 2: Download the savefile you've recieved.

Step 3: Go to C:\users\*yourusername*\Documents\My games\Skyrim\saves\

Step 4: Place downloaded file in this folder.

How to upload save file:

Step 1: Save your game (manually, no quick or auto-save)

Step 2: Get the next person's email address

Step 3: Go to wetransfer.com

Step 4: Select to upload a file.

Step 5: Go to C:\users\*yourusername*\Documents\My games\Skyrim\saves\

Step 6: Select your save file, this should be the highest numbered save and include the name 'King Ronald Spiritwind VII'.

Step 7: Enter recipients email and your email.

Step 8: Send.

I'm only available on weekends, sadly, except for the week of the 13th to the 18th. Won't mind taking a turn then.

>spend a week catching salmon with my bare hands and roar like a bear

1 person likes this

>spend a week catching salmon with my bare hands and roar like a bear

Best use of your time ever!

>befriend Alvor the Blacksmith

>spend a week as Alvor's apprentice and learn the skills of smithing

> bond with Alvor. He is now my closest friend.

> week ends and the save game is passed on.

> next player murders Alvor.

T_______T

2 people like this

It'd be nice if everyone had Dawnguard/Dragonborn by now. I'm not saying this because I want to use the DLC-only Plastic Surgeon at Riften to screw around with the character's facial features at all.

Hmm yeah, I have all the DLC.

Everyone, please post which DLC you have (if any).

Dawnguard, Hearthfire, Dragonborn, 100+ mods of questionable usefulness.

Also, I suggest that our guinea pig be Freya Thunderfist of the Bow that goes Twang.

I don't even own Skyrim. But I guess if we're playing this I wouldn't mind buying it + all the DLCs. I've been meaning to do so for a while anyway.

Well, we'll play without DLC, since that also makes it easier for new players to join when they finally realize how epic this is.

I wouldn't mind helping to shell out for the DLC for DD if he's the only one playing who doesn't have DLC.

That hinges on whether we get any more participants though.

Hmm, well I've started the game without mods and DLC, we could always add them later. But for now. let's keep it vanilla.

I've decided to decrease the time alloted per person to 1 day. There is a lot you can do in a skyrim day (assuming you don't fast travel), and this gives you 72 minutes of real life time to play the game (without pauses to check gear and such).

I've gone ahead and created the character and all. This is all I managed to do so far:

http://www.surreality-rp.com/topic/751-skyrim-roulette-the-tale-of-king-roland-spiritwind-vii

I'll send the save game to DD, so he can continue.

Okay my turn is done and written. Should I send the file to Wstfgl, or skip him for the moment and send to Kyo? Since Wst said he can only play on the weekend, Kyo could probably fit his turn in before that and get it to Wst for the weekend. Otherwise, I'll just send to Wst and we can of course wait for him; the weekend is imminent anyway.

EDIT:

Actually, easiest way, here's the save file: https://www.mediafire.com/?vdcdmzthag8q56r

So I don't have to worry about it, whoever is gonna go next can just get it there.

I'm working tomorrow, then I'm only home for a short time before leaving to stay with my girlfriend for the weekend so I'm afraid I won't be able to do my day until until next week.

I'm having some issues with Skyrim -- I think I've bloated it with too much crap, so I've  probably got to reinstall it. I'll take my turn once I've sorted it out.

In the meantime, someone else could take a turn.

This exists???? Omgggggg

(Found it by stalking Nikkia~)

As far as I know nobody has yet managed to take a turn after me, so once again I'll place the link to the save file, and whoever is keen should just volunteer and take it so this can start moving again:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/vdcdmzthag8q56r/Save+1844+-+King+Ronald+Spiritwind+VII++Solitude++03.21.48.ess