Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seanzilla

Mafia War [Day Phase XI]

924 posts in this topic

Would you like me to show you another screenshot? When I say that two of us hit DGuard, it really means two. Now stop grasping at straws and let's talk about something more realistic.

There are three teams left. Famiglia (4), Yakuza (4), Bratva (2).

For us, our best course of action is to attempt to convince the Famiglia not to kill us as long as we have an even number of players as them. That way, we can still defend me to a certain extent. However, this point is probably moot considering that I was hit for 4 damage, which means that someone in the Famiglia can deal additional damage (unless all their uses have been consumed already). Frankly, I don't have any mind-blowing plan to help my team win this game.

For the Bratva, their best course of action is to get the Famiglia to kill us, because they are of no threat. If the two major families take each other out, their chances of winning is greatly increased.

For the Famiglia, however, I would dare to say that their best course of action is to team up with us to eliminate the Bratva first. You hold the Yakuza's fate in your hands, which means that the only variable in this game is the Bratva. Waste your resources dealing with us, and the Bratva may still have a chance to retaliate.

Therefore, it is in the best interests of both the Yakuza and the Famiglia if we agree to take out the Bratva first. And in case you want to mention that we may not stick to our word, I refer you back to the screenshot I posted above. The Yakuza struck the boss of the Hydras last night for 2 damage. We were also targeted by the Hydras. This should show you our commitment to the cause. Besides, other than attacking the Bratva, what else could we do? Attack the Famiglia? That would be suicidal.

Also, Ali, it is false that new agents cannot talk the night they are recruited. Wst talked plenty to us when he was recruited. Perhaps your information is inaccurate.

Nice try with your logic, but it is a little flawed. If you consider, 2 vs 4. We have a 1/3 chance to find their boss. They will hit us and we can only defend, with their 4 members, it wouldn't take more than three nights to kill us off with all four hits. if we defend, it merely doubles the nights and we can't fight. Hopeless. However, if they target you, then it's 6 vs 4. I have no reason to fight the Famiglia (kinda like them actually). So if they do away with us, then that leaves 4 vs 4. Too even a match. even if Jotaro isn't the boss, 3 vs 4 is still harsh considering territory and abilities. You'd still have a chance to win. 

If Jotaro is the boss, the Famiglia need either a skill for more damage or a way to stop a night action, otherwise it becomes a null zone until someone makes a move. If they have us, then there is no need for that. You all defend him, all 6 of us attack, land a hit on him, and he is defeated, along with the Japanese. Saves skills, turns, and effort _._

With DGate receiving massive damage (i.e. overkill) i can go ahead and comfirm that the japanese did as they said. Even when adding what everyone claimed they did, there is still one unclaimed damage left.

Clearly, he also committed seppuku.

What I feared seems to be coming to pass -- that the Invite mechanic will cause the game to snowball in the direction of the winning team. It wouldn't have been a problem normally, but since bon00b is not actually playing, we can't recruit him to even the odds against the Famiglia.

Really, it would be in the best interests of the Bratva and ourselves to help us knock the Famiglia down a notch since neither of us can beat them alone, BUT OBVIOUSLY WE CAN'T HAVE THAT

THE BLOOD FEUD MUST BE BROUGHT TO AN END

Sorry, I forgot Sunni joined the Famiglia's ranks. That makes them at a total strength of 5.

Yeah, the Yakuza is pretty much screwed. But we still could deal quite a lot of damage to them in one turn. It's better to keep us on their side until all other variables have been taken out.

So uh

Pretty sure screenshots of PMs were never allowed in these types of games.

I've always allowed it in my games. My bad.

I must say it wasn't an explicitly written rule so maybe it can be pardoned this once?

(like maybe just deduct half a health point)

So are we rounding that up or down

...Do I really need to explain why it works in the Swarm Misery game and not in this one?

Actually there's no reason why it wouldn't work in this one, as long as the screenshot didn't contain "vital" game information such as your roles. It's as HH said, it wasn't in the rules so I assumed it was allowed. In any case I won't do it anymore.

I thought it was obvious screenshots weren't allowed. That's why I only posted text, because it's not concrete and I'm free to manipulate it (though I didn't).

And in that case, wst was also breaking the rules.

A recently defected player is not allowed to send a message for an entire Round from the moment he defects.

Anyways, back to the bickering.

I'm assuming the last Drug Lab was set on Jotaro to prevent recruiting (correct me if I'm wrong). Yet Sancho says the reason they can't invite Booker is because he's not playing. Which again suggests that you may have the wrong target for the Yakuza boss.

And again, Jotaro says the Russians stand to profit if the Japanese and Italians off each other--he must have some confidence, then, that they can deal some significant damage to the Italians to make that even remotely possible.

The variable and the greatest threat to the Italians is the Japanese, if they are lying about their boss. Two is nothing against five, and even less against six. But three with abilities against five can turn the tide.

Yeah, that's my bad. That's one of the rules that stuck around from the first version of the game, when it was still very different.

>.>

That one's explicitly written out in the rules. D;

If the Russians actually wished to win, perhaps they should be aiding us against the Famiglia instead, now that they have the clear advantage. However, they insist on antagonizing the only ones who might have enough strength to help them oppose the Famiglia. Clearly they do not care about winning, or Alisyn's true power is to nuke the city and kill five angry mafiosi at once.

If it's the former, I suggest we indulge them and destroy them quickly. Their boss is exposed, after all. while you're gambling if you choose to strike us.

And frankly, our abilities ain't all that game-changing. You should be well aware that I've already used my own ability twice already, which means I'm likely only useful for the extra hits/defense I can contribute -- and I doubt my allies' ones are much better. You might know what some of them do by this point.

Yeah, that's my bad. That's one of the rules that stuck around from the first version of the game, when it was still very different.

Yeah, we don't intend to win. But neither do we want the Japanese to win, as they have soaked their hands in Stanislav's blood. So naturally, our alliances lie with the Italians and all my machinations have the Italians' best interests in mind, not our own. Even if they don't trust us and are canceling our Day Actions. I'm perfectly aware that if we and the Italians attack you, you'll preferentially attack us rather than the Italians, but I don't mind soaking up the damage in their stead.

My power was used up long ago. As was Shura's. Like you, we're only extra hits at this point--hits against the Italians' enemies. However, I don't believe for a moment that your teammates' are anything close to depleted or useless. Nor do we have any idea what they are but speculations of "defense, territorial, extra hits."

They are depleted and useless. It's been, what? 10 phases already? I'm sure some of the other deceased gangs have already felt the sting of our abilities more than once; there's no way ours can hold out.

There is no way we can win short of somehow decisively eliminating their boss before they can mount an offensive, and that is beyond our capabilities at present.

There is no way we can win short of somehow decisively eliminating their boss before they can mount an offensive, and that is beyond our capabilities at present.

Such as by diverting them to attack us and stabbing them in the back?

And again, Jotaro says the Russians stand to profit if the Japanese and Italians off each other--he must have some confidence, then, that they can deal some significant damage to the Italians to make that even remotely possible.

I have some confidence that we can attack them 4 times if we are threatened with disbanding. Of course, I have no confidence as to how many of these attacks actually get through.

I think it's funny. Every claim you make that "we will do", according to you, is coming from your mouth. Meaning you are the ones throwing all "our" ideas out, throwing out all "we will do". This, along with your better health stance, actually makes you all more likely to do anything you say we will. And it's funny cause, while I know everyone else is reading your posts as you write them, I'm sitting here reading them and asking 'are these threats unique to just us doing them or does it sound like they can do them too?' And not once have I said you can't xD

I have some confidence that we can attack them 4 times

Im guessing this means after successfully recruiting my former colleague.

Sorry Ice, but I have no idea who you are talking about, talking to, or what you just said x.x Could be the fact that I just woke up from that nightmarish hell >.<

Here, Shadow. An example, to help.

"You will get them to attack us then stab them in the back." -Said by Aleksandria referring to the Yakuza. Can also be used by the Russians. Every thing she says "we will do" can also be done by you all and she is the one thinking of all these things, not us. Basically, turned every argument back onto her. Without saying them. Ninja.