heatherroneous

Hiya!

45 posts in this topic

Quite poorly.  I'm not sure if this board moves slow (I'm used to places like Gaiaonline where you get 20 messages within 10 minutes of posting an ad), or if my ad sucked.  Or maybe it's better to have a specific idea of what one wants to roleplay?

For starters, the speed on this board varies hugely. Each member has their own posting speed. In fact, each member has a spot in their profile where they can describe how they roleplay, including their speed. So if you're interested in someone in particular, you could always check their profile and see if they've filled that out. Some people post 20 times a day in a roleplay. Some post once a day. Some post once a week. It all depends.

So it's not that the board moves slow. But it is just a slow period right now. It's that time of year where people are getting overwhelmed with classes and such. For example, I'm in my last 2 weeks of classes, meaning final papers, final exams, and finals :p I'm in a few good roleplays but I've been unable to post. At the end of these two weeks, though, I should be back to my regular posting speed. I might even start looking for some new roleplays to do, cause I'm sure some of mine have died already ^.^

As for posting an ad, it is best to give some idea of what you want. I haven't seen your ad at all so maybe I missed it. If you link me, I could look at it and see what I think you may want to add?

I particularly prefer finding people with common interests to roleplay with instead of posting an ad. And this preference varies on the site, too. Some people do ads. Some people look through ads. Some people personally go to other members. I'm picky with who I roleplay with so I'm the latter :p But there is also a place in profiles where people give their preferred genre, so it's also easy to find the members who are still active then check their profile for what they like.

There is also a place in profiles to fill out what roleplays you're currently in. By checking those, you can see if you like the member's style or not.

Profiles are hugely helpful here haha. Versus other places where you just put your name, a picture, and maybe a favorite hobby xD

I do remember Gaia. I used to be there. I cannot, for the life of me, stick with it though o-o

Silly Sean, some people remain undercover with the guise of no color. In reality, it is I who is probably Third coolest. I can't deny the first and second coolest.

1 person likes this

Hi. I'm Alisyn and I'm crazy.

But wst (the haiku guy) is entirely psychotic. So stay away from him, and you'll be fine.

In any case, I'm late to the party as usual, but welcome to Surreality, and I hope you enjoy your stay!

The board is a little slower than some other roleplay websites I've been on, but it's more steady and higher quality as well, in my opinion. So give it a chance. ;D

Oh, I'm not giving up or anything.  :)  I was just noticing that it takes a bit of patience.  I am anxious to graduate, though.  

Is it okay to post multiple ads?  I posted a general one yesterday but might put one up for a BBC Sherlock RP to see if there would be any interest in that.  I'm not sure how popular fandom RPs are around here but figured it can't hurt to try...

I didn't consider the time of year, either.  Thanks for pointing that out, Ice.  :)  I haven't been in school in a long time so it didn't even cross my mind.  

Oh man, Gaia, I remember that website. Ah, memories, I used to love it. I'm probably quite rich on there now lol. I used to love fishing.

I haven't logged in for quite some time, but when I did, the place had changed SO much. I think I joined in 2006, so yeah, only natutal it's had a redesign and stuff. I used to love dressing my little avatar thing up ^^

Right?  I haven't been on there in so long.  I tried to log in when the roleplaying bug bit me a few months ago, but I couldn't remember my password.  Probably for the best... I don't think that 25 year old moms are really the target demographic anyway!  It would be awkward to be roleplaying with a teenager...

Not only that, from memory, a lot of the public forums were full of idiots. I mostly stuck to guilds. 

I remember one forum being INSANE. I think it was called Chatterbox, or something like that? I rarely went in there, but it was basically full of spam and shit.

I remember one forum being INSANE. I think it was called Chatterbox, or something like that? I rarely went in there, but it was basically full of spam and shit.

A forum called 'Chatterbox' full of spam and shit?!

well-i-never-meme-generator-well-i-never

lol. I joke. But anyway, welcome to the forums, have fun!!

1 person likes this

Hi. I'm Alisyn and I'm crazy.

But wst (the haiku guy) is entirely psychotic. So stay away from him, and you'll be fine.

In any case, I'm late to the party as usual, but welcome to Surreality, and I hope you enjoy your stay!

The board is a little slower than some other roleplay websites I've been on, but it's more steady and higher quality as well, in my opinion. So give it a chance. ;D

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of the locusts buzzing out of your hollowed-out skull. 

Did I forget to mention that this psycho will pimp out anything with a working set of orifices for the Mafiya?

Regrettably, she is right about something for once -- this forum's mostly made of people with quite some RP experience, so quality's fairly consistent around here ... however, since we're all no longer 14, we've got all these unfortunate commitments in meatspace to attend to, so activity can be kinda slow at times, especially around finals as Ice mentioned. 

Haha.  No worries.  I ended up taking all day to write a post anyway, so maybe I'm not as quick as I'd hoped.  I think when I was a kid I was posting in like a dozen roleplays a day... not gonna happen.  

Pffft. The Mafia? That's Alexandrina.

Poor wst can't tell the difference between reality and fantasy. -shakes head sadly-

You should avoid him, but also pity him.

It's okay, West. I'm on your side.

:D

1 person likes this

Oh, oh dear.  Poor wst.  *shakes head.*

Oh no, the rot is spreading! Don't listen to that foul wretch's disingenuous assertions, only horror and madness lies that way!

Thanks for the concern, wst, but she's rather partial to madness, I believe. ;D

Especially Victorian-era madness.

Thanks for the concern, wst, but she's rather partial to madness, I believe. ;D

Especially Victorian-era madness.

Fact.