heatherroneous

Searching for new roleplays

12 posts in this topic

I just stole the form from the Classifieds.  Hope that's okay.   :)  At the moment I'm not really looking for anything specific.  This means that I also don't have any plots kicking around right now, so my partners have to be willing to help me come up with something.  Please help me graduate!

Username: heatherroneous
Name: Heather (that was tough to guess, wasn't it?)
Available Times: sporadically throughout the day.  More predictably in the evening.
Post Length: Long.  5+ paragraphs.  I'm not picky, though, and I'm pretty new to this, so I'm not a super stickler or anything.
Post Frequency: Once a day per RP, minimum... I'm a stay at home mom, I do what I want.

RP Preferences: 

• Fandom: Sherlock (BBC), Sherlock Holmes, House MD (though I'm only just finishing Season 2), Downton Abbey
  • Romance as a secondary theme
  • Action/Adventure
  • Mystery
  • Hurt/comfort
  • Real life (slice of life)
  • Horror
  • Historical fiction (Edwardian/Victorian especially)
  • M/M preferred, M/F accepted
  • I prefer to play male characters
  • I WILL NOT DO... magic, romance as a primary theme, explicit, F/F

Contact Details: Contact me here!  I don't really use any messengers, but could be convinced to do so if necessary.

Hullo, hullo. First, love Sherlock in (most) variations, but not something I roleplay personally. But just wanted to get it out there.

But potentially interested in some sort of hurt/comfort potentially leading up to M/M. I play usually dysfunctional characters, as a warning. My current pet is an emotionally-crippled manwhore who was sexually abused and pimped out by his father since he was seven, and is convinced that it's an expression of love. I wouldn't be using him for this, though; it's a very special character for me that I only use with one specific friend.

I tend to dislike slice of life; I rarely do anything "modern." I prefer a slightly fantastic setting, but if that's not your thing, historical fiction works just as well.

I don't post as frequently as you, but as I warm up to the roleplay, I may post more. It just takes some time for me to get used to handling a new character and getting a feel for their personalities/reactions/etc. But if/when it does get to that level, I can slip into their skins and write them faster.

Oh hi!  I've never roleplayed Sherlock either, but I am a huge fan of the BBC show and I write a lot of fanfiction, so I thought it might be fun to try sometime.  I'm definitely a Sherlockian - I've been reading Doyle's stories since I was a little girl, and I love all the new adaptations that have come about in recent years.  It's always fun to run into another fan.  :)

I could go for a historical fiction M/M H/C if that's what you're up for!  I'm not one for fantasy (I don't think so, anyway).  I love dysfunction, though.  I play characters who are slowly self-destructing too.  Between us I'm sure we could have a lovely little mess.  

No worries on posting speed. I'm not particularly looking for somebody who can reply at the speed of light - just someone who writes well and is willing to help me flesh out the storyline.  I don't want to overwhelm myself with a fast-moving roleplay just yet anyway.  I'm still new at this.

But as I've mentioned, I don't really have many ideas kicking around.  I had this vague thought of some sort of posh Victorian heir, his hired help (a doctor or lawyer or something, not like a houseboy), and maybe some sort of political or social conflict... like I said, vague.  I need a coffee to get the gears turning, lol.

LOVED Doyle's stories. I don't even remember what the first one I read was, it was so long ago. Must have read them again a dozen times since then. Mostly his huge collection of short ones, but I have read Study in Scarlet, Hound of Baskervilles. Need to read a few of the other ones that weren't in the compilation.

Slowly? Mine has the gas down and isn't letting up. I frustrate my partner so much because my character seems to be willfully misunderstanding and doing stupid things that hurt both of them. xDD

Mmm. I might be interested in an effeminate/delicate doctor (yeah, my characters tend toward that trend, too) with a shady past that's coming back to bite him. <3

Maybe he did some illegal work and wanted a clean start, but his old clients are coming to draw him back, and it gets the heir tangled up in it too? Maybe they've got a hold over the doctor and want to use him to kidnap the heir for ransom. Or to use him for something else, idk.

I like it.  Maybe the heir hired the doctor to care for his dying mother, as he is too busy with running the family estate (or, y'know, being a morphine-addicted alcoholic) to handle it himself.  He has quite a lot of money, though (and limited control over it til his mother dies), so he'd make the perfect target if the doctor's enemies got word of his new employment with the heir.  Perhaps they're putting pressure on the doctor to hand him over for ransom.  Perhaps the doctor is being pressured to murder the mother and/or the heir as well to pay off the enemies so they'll finally leave him alone.  Perhaps the heir's household staff has been infiltrated by one of these enemies and that person is threatening and tormenting the poor doctor day in and day out.

Jeez, I'm already starting to torture your character and we haven't even started...

I'd maybe throw in some extra complications with debts on the part of the heir, perhaps to drug suppliers or to the media who have discovered his less-than-respectable habits and want to expose him.  And voila.  Two broken individuals on a rapid downward spiral.  Oh, they'll be fine, right?

I have a good idea of how I want to play the heir... I like your effeminate doctor too.  :)  (I'm a sucker for those sorts.)  

Please feel free to torture him as much as you like. <3

I don't even mind sexual abuse (as you can see from my dysfunctional character above), as long as it's not explicit (I'm somewhat prudish). Some horrible brute who does heavy lifting around the house or whatever and corners the doctor often.

Oh! Maybe the heir KNOWS a little about the doctor's less-than-clean reputation, or at least some rumors, which is why he hired him in the first place. Because the doctor's connections can get more than just morphine.

I'm the same way!  I'm fine with certain explicit themes, I just don't like reading/writing the details.  (Usually.  I have made exceptions in the past.)

Yes, I like the heir having some idea of the doctor's reputation.  I imagine he'd like the idea of hiring a doctor with somewhat questionable morality - not only would there then be the chance of a better-quality supply of drugs, but also he might not insist on intervening if he discovered the heir's dirty habit.  You're brilliant.

What else should we flesh out before we get started?  I'm anxious to get my first posts underway and get on the road to graduation!  (Plus, I mean, obviously, this roleplay is going to be kickass.)

I have one exception at this point, but only because it's so lovably cute and I'm very comfortable with my partner. Otherwise, I just feel really awkward reading/writing about it.

And he can be cheap and pay less because most other people don't want a dirty doctor.

Hmmm. Can't think of anything else right now. But we can keep chatting as we write if any other ideas pop up. ^^

Okay, sounds great.  I can get us started after I put my baby down for his nap in a few minutes.  I'll also make us a discussion thread in the OOC area, so that we can continue to discuss the story as we go.  Does the good doctor have a name? 

EDIT: Discussion thread has been created.  http://www.surreality-rp.com/topic/759-untitled-hc-alisyn-x-heatherroneous/

Hi Heather! My exams end today so I'm looking forward to getting more roleplaying going. I'm afraid I don't know any of your fandoms well but I can do anything else on that list. XD Is there anything you'd particularly like to do?

Hi Heather! My exams end today so I'm looking forward to getting more roleplaying going. I'm afraid I don't know any of your fandoms well but I can do anything else on that list. XD Is there anything you'd particularly like to do?

I am NOT good at making decisions, lol!  Hm... what about a victorian horror story?  I don't have anything in particular in mind, though.  :]

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead