Seanzilla

Mafia! [open for new members]

265 posts in this topic

I'm not going to vote until we've had more posts to go off of.

Also, it would be easier for organization purposes if players would put their votes in bolded, red text.

Me!? I voted for Asura. You seem awfully defensive.. 

Asura - 2

Nikkia - 1

rubberrazors - 2

What happens in the event of a tie? Because there's only me and Bleck left to vote, and it could very easily end up tied. It could even become a three-way tie, so its highly relevant to know if everyone tied is lynched - half the players could be wiped out in this first round.

Wouldn't there be a second voting round where we could only choose between the 2 (or 3 or x) people if tied?

And I think that when no choice could be made, no one is lynched, which is a very bad situation because it means that the mafia get another round, while the innocents stand still. It'd be like giving the mafia a free turn.

Traditionally, if a verdict isn't reached, nobody is lynched. 

Aha I see. Since when guessing randomly, the current chance of lynching an innocent is greater than the chance of lynching a Mafia member, thus helping the Mafia be one death closer to their goal, I'm personally content to reach no verdict this first night.

So I'll vote Blackfrost.

Too late!

Day Phase 1 ends without anyone being lynched due to a tie, hereby signaling the start of Night Phase 1.

The Night Phase will end as soon as everyone with a special role (the Mafia, Detective and Doctor) have sent me a PM with the action they would like to take tonight or in 24 hours.

Its so tense! Very surprised I wasnt the first to be lynched o.o

Would the Mafia really kill their own member? Really?

Eager to uncover the true identities of the Mafia members the townspeople gather the next morning. Moments before they resume their debate they notice something...

DragonGuard is missing.

Quickly they rush over to his house and find him lying in his bed covered in his own blood. After searching through his house the townspeople discover that DragonGuard was a Doctor! Who could've done such a thing?

Day Phase 2 begins and will end in 24 hours or after everyone has cast their vote.

Survivors:

• BlackFrost
  • Asura
  • DayDreamer
  • rubberrazors
  • Bleck
  • Nikkia

Hmm well that ain't a good start! Guess we will have to be more careful. So I've been thinking that my guess for Asura was just that, a guess, a shot in the dark. But Nikkia votes for Asura too. Perhaps she knows somethin' I don't. Perhaps she wants to send poor Asura down the creek without a paddle? Perhaps I'm reading too much into it.

Food for thought though people. Food for thought.

Well with 2 Mafia people it's probable that any two people who voted the same way could have been colluding. It's also possible any of the people who were suspected could be guilty, with the mafia voting for each other to try to victimize themselves.

I am voting for rubberrazors because the Dragon voted for her last night and then was killed through the night. Also it's pretty safe to say Blackfrost is bluffing and isn't actually guilty but rubberrazors immediately voted for him because it would be easy to convince others that he's guilty.

I didn't do much convincing.

Edit: and now that I am not on my phone, if I were a mafia member, even if I wanted to kill DragonGuard, the other member reaction would've been "stop it why are you so stupid".

I find it suspect that when the votes were tied last round, Nikkia wished to change her vote upon the revelation that nobody would die if it remained a tie. Rubberrazors and Asura were tied, the only difference she could've made by changing her vote was to get rubberrazors killed (her original vote was for Asura, so no matter who else she voted for, the only two outcomes were that nobody would die or rubberrazors would die). That could just be chalked up to a preference for wanting to cut the numbers down by having a guess lynching and hoping we'd lynch a Mafia member, because I can't say I'm 100% sure in my earlier assertion that it would be best to kill nobody on the first day until there was more cause for suspicion.

But now, this quote:

I am voting for rubberrazors because the Dragon voted for her last night and then was killed through the night. Also it's pretty safe to say Blackfrost is bluffing and isn't actually guilty but rubberrazors immediately voted for him because it would be easy to convince others that he's guilty.

This sounds like Nikkia only decided this day, upon the reasons given, to get rubberrazors lynched. However, the fact she wanted to change her vote last round says that she wanted rubberrazors to be killed BEFORE the reasons she gave today existed. The fact that no reasons from before today were cited says that her desire to kill rubberrazors on the first day did not stem from any reason which she wished to share.

So either she's guilty and wanted a death by lynching on the first day to speed the killing, or she just really really hates rubberrazors.

So I cast my vote for Nikkia.

Now I'm all kinds of confused. I see Day's logic but I can sorta see Nikkia's as well. I feel like Day is stirring the pot a lot. Although he is making sense so...

At the moment I have three suspects: DayDreamer, Nikkia and rubberrazors. 

At the moment I feel Day is pitching to get Nikkia lynched, and if he were a Mafioso then this would mean Nikkia was innocent and would probably also mean that he was trying to deflect attention from rubberrazors most likely because she is the other mafioso. However if Nikkia is a Mafioso then it stands that rubberazors is probably innocent and that DayDreamer is a very clever and useful asset to us innocents. In conclusion DayDreamer is either a devious supervillain or a brilliant ace detective. It's too hard to say at the moment. However I feel like I'll have a pretty safe idea of who it is. 

I vote Nikkia to be lynched. Mostly because I feel DayDreamer's logic is sound. That said if she turns out to be innocent, then I know who I've got my crosshairs on for tomorrow. And if my suspicions are right I'll probably die tonight.