dandanni

Potential rp ideas. Interesting or lame?

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys!  Been slow going on my part, so I'm gonna try and see if I can interest anyone with some rp ideas floating in my head (and hopefully graduate).  Right now they're just in their basic stages, but maybe if anyone is interested we can flesh them out?  Fingers crossed!  Please note that, this being me, I'll likely try to have some kind of comedy element in all of them.  Hope that's okay with you guys!

Okay, here goes!

Rp idea #1:  Basic concept, spiritual beings with special abilities who bond with human hosts.  Apart they have their own skills, but when they fuse together they become something like a super-hero kind of thing, with extra abilities that they did not have access to on their own. Their abilities can either resemble magic or something like technology (Like for instance the ability to create fireballs (resemble magic) or being able to turn your arm into an arm blaster (resemble technology)).  There's also a dangerous corruptive force that has a tendency to take anything and make it openly hostile to any living creature.

This idea kind of borrows a lot of concepts from the Megaman franchise, specifically the Battle Network and Starforce series, though whether theirs online-ness or not is still up for debate.

Rp Idea #2:  Giant monsters have been a problem for humanity for a long time, but humanity has been able to defend themselves and survive.  Two methods are the most well known.  The first is technological advances made specifically to fight the giant monsters (specialized vehicles, weapons, giant robots, etc.)  This method is the easier to obtain of the two, but can be pretty difficult as it endangers the lives of those fighting.  One would have to be very well coordinated to take down a giant monster without any casualties.  The second method is through the use of a kind of creature that is similar to the giant monsters (they are normally small enough to fit in a house with no trouble, but can be made giant sized to fight off the giant monsters).  A bit harder to come by as these creatures will choose who their human partners will be, but the advantages that comes with one makes for a much more efficient means of dealing with the giant monsters (faster, hit harder, a regenerative factor).  The creatures can take on many shapes and forms, from forms similar to the animals of the planet, to forms more similar to a human, to even some absolutely bizarre forms that borders on elderich.

This idea is more meant to be something like a mon rp, like pokemon or digimon, or something like that, so my initial thoughts were that the main role players would have access to these types of creatures.

Rp Idea #3:  The world at large has been, for the most part, completely unaware of the magical world due to it being kept secret from the public eye.  For the most part, anything that could have revealed the magical world was dealt with harshly, thus silencing the "threat of exposure."  The governments of the world hold a hugely tight monopoly of magic, practically deciding who can use magic and how, but always in secret.  Then one day, one of the greatest defenders of the "Silence" has openly revealed to the world the existence of magic, even promising asylum for those who wish to come into the light and not hide anymore.  This is the story of but a handful of people who are connected to the magical world in some way or form, and how they deal with this new and very radical approach as a revolution takes place.

Think "The Secret World" except the secret as been blown and people either trying to accept it or deny it.

Rp Idea #4:  Two divine beings decide to play a game.  They create a special world where magic and technology exist as one.  Then they summon various people from various dimensions and leave them stranded on this world.  They tell them that they are free to do what they wish in this world:  They can try to make it their own or try to go home.  All of the worlds resources is theirs to use so long as they can access it.  The point of the game is simple, who would win?  Good or evil?

This one is more of an excuse to have a huge crossover kind of event deal.  Rp any character you want from any franchise, or make your own character, or an expy of a character you like.

Rp Idea #5:  The end of the world has come and gone.  This is a post apocalyptic scenario.  Strangely, a large number of the population just vanished, up and disappeared.  Those that have remained have to try and survive.  However, since the apocalypse has happened, the rules have very much changed.  Demons are now free to roam the land and do as they see fit.  Angels by the hordes have been left behind, and they'll act as they feel they should, without the guidance of their lord.  Fairy and magical creatures now see Earth as their new playground.  The undead walk the earth (and even have their own civilizations).  Super advance technology is now suddenly being discovered, excavated, and being made use of.  Humanity will have to do all they can to survive in this new world.  One human in particular, obsessed with solving mysteries, wants to know why this happened, and he is on his way to the center of where the apocalypse began in order to solve this mission.

I was pretty proud of this one when I thought of it a long time ago.  I still love this idea, but recently I've noticed that it felt like something straight out of Shin Megumi Tensei, or something similar to it.  So... make of that what you will.

And those are my ideas.  If anyone is interested, please let me know!

Also, if you think I might be interesting to rp with, give me a PM.  The above ideas should give you an inkling of what I tend to go for, but for the most part I'm pretty open to anything so shoot me a thought and we'll see if I go for it!

Hi!  I'm looking to graduate too.  Maybe we can help each other out?  

I was hoping to discuss idea #5 with you.  I like it, but it does seem like a lot to keep track of with all the different beings roaming about (presumably) looking to hurt, maim, torment, or kill the boring little humans.  I wonder where another character(s) would fit in, as well, but as open as the idea seems to be, it shouldn't be too hard to work them in.  But I do really love the idea.  I think it's brilliant and I'm very interested.

If you need extra players for #5, I might be able to help out. All my RPs are infuriatingly stagnant thanks to *coughcoughcoughcough*

That's two so far!  Neat!  Most definitely welcomed!  Forgive me if I seem a little giddy right now.

*ahem*  I see your point, though, Heartherroneous.  Yeah, it does seem like a lot to keep track of.  I'm normally good at keeping track of most things, but might be better to ease into it.  I'd still would like to use them all, but maybe there's a way to make it easier?  I kind of figure that, essentually, everyone, humans, angels, demons, fae, they're all in the same boat, all trying to get by, they're just doing so the way they see fit.  Who knows, there might even be room for some of the super naturals among the surviving human groups.  At least, that's was a little back door I was thinking of throwing in for those who wanted to rp someone not human.  What ideas would you like to throw in?

Hey, if you need help for Idea #5, I'm in too! I like all of the ideas, really. ^^

The simplest way to do it is to have a ragtag team helping the investigator human, and they can come from any of the supernatural races. It can be episodic, so we give some airtime to each of the races in turn.

That's kind of what I was thinking, in terms of the ragtag team.  All things considered, if nothing else, it opens up plenty of bickering opportunities.

Haven't considered the episodic aspect, though.  I like that idea!  Like you said, airtime for each of the races, and this can allow for a few story arcs too!

(Also, glad that you liked all of the ideas.  Makes me head swell.  Priiiiiiide...)

Also, quick question.  I know I set this up for five different rps, but now that I think about it, wouldn't it be better to have each one as their own discussion thread?  Or are things fine the way they are right now?

Yes, it's better to have each one as their own discussion thread. People tend to avoid threads that have too many posts in there.

I thought so.  Thanks!  I'll go ahead and set up a different thread for each of them.  Should I also try to get in contact with those who have shown an interest individually as well?  Like through PM and such?  Sorry, this is actually kind of ambitious for me.  Never started an rp before so, like... super new to the concept... ^.^;

Oh yes, you probably should. They sometimes forget they ever posted, or lose interest, so it's best to confirm with them.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead