Kyo

The Call of Kings

35 posts in this topic

Algaia

http://i.imgur.com/7bmM82h.jpg <----------- MAP!

Algaia is a land divided. While the Empire of man holds much of the fertile lands, it's struggle for dominance is still bitterly apparent. Unruly factions are constantly involved in skirmishes and battles for control over the land. Among the lands there are three who rule. Three Kings. With command of the people, the Kings are certainly the most powerful people in all of Algaia, but in our land power is something that can be wielded by those who strive to take it. In such a world the crown lies not with chosen blood, but with any and all who would chose to take the crown from wherever it may rest.

And so even among the Three Great Kingdoms, there is constant feuds between the oldest clans, each plotting for the crown they believe is rightfully theirs. The days are often dark, as is the way when all men believe themselves Kings. The days, however, will grow darker still. An evil far greater than the selfish desires of men is festering across Algaia. The signs are there but most are too blind to see. Perhaps hope is already lost...

Raeghal

The central land of Men. Raeghal is the largest and most prestigious Kingdom in Algaia. The Sunborn King, Isaac Ithenral II, saw to that as he finished the work of his father, crusading across the land and dominating all who opposed him. However in times of relative peace, Raeghal is a multi-cultural land, the various towns and keeps ruled over by Lords, chosen by King Isaac himself to keep his people in line.

The Kingdom enjoys the comfort of a well balanced climate, creating plenty of hospital lands for farmers to reap their bounty. Animals flourish in the woodlands and game is aplenty. The people also live in relative safety, the most terrifying of creatures, the Dragons, have not traversed to the lower lands of Raeghal in over 300 years.

Raeghal as a land of birthright. Your family's position in the social hierarchy is very important, and it is common for those of peasant families to be subjected to lives of servitude, slavery and prostitution. Foreigners can make a living as merchants, sellswords or tradesman, as long as they have the skills or goods to make it happen.

The Capitol city is Midas.

Agrines

Agrines is a dry land with a warm climate, covering large valleys and mountains. The land is more barren than Raeghal but there is still bounty to be had. Agrinian men are strong in body and mind. Lead by the Blood King of the North, Agron Rakfang, the men of Agrines are a warrior people. They are men of honour who settle their feuds on the battlefield.

Despite their formidable strength, they have never declared outright war on Raeghal, and at the moment the two lands share a time of relative peace. However the people of Agrines are not as soft as their lowland cousins, and build large fortresses of stone and steel. It is rare to see one who practices magic in Agrines, but normally it is dark energy that is manifest in their sorcerers.

Academics are no sought after in Agrines. Agrinians favour the great minds of tacticians and warlords over such studies as alchemy, the arts and history. In Agrines the victor writes the history books, and that is how it has always been.

The Capitol of Agrines is Blutgard.

Moraigh

The land of the Dwarven people. Moraigh is a rocky, mountainous region that enjoys cooler temperatures than those up north. The land is littered with caverns and catacombs, as well as a series of mines, excavated by the Dwarven people. The Dwarves have bent knee to the Hammerfist Clan for hundreds of years. The current Dwarven King is Duncan Hammerfist, a fierce and formidable warrior, and a loved and respected leader.

The Dwarves are master craftsmen. Due to this the Dwarves are on the brink of their industrial age, using engineering, coal and steam to build wonderous cities, weapons and armour. Their Capitol, Sanctuary, is a testament to their great craftsmanship.

Kotaer

The land of the Tryll, not much is known about this place. If a Kotaer indeed has a ruler, then it has neither been confirmed nor denied. The hostile territory has left much of Kotaer unexplored by anyone other than the Tryll themselves. Many live their whole life without nearing the land, and many fewer have even seen the Tryll's nearest settlement from their border, the town known as Whisper.

It is said that the Capitol of Kotaer is Fairun, however nobody has seen it. Due to the secretive nature of the Tryll, they do not speak of their homeland in any great detail.

Jogrund

In the far south resides the cold land of Jogrund. Few dare to challenge it's the Ice Desert, where many a man has perished, and fewer still wish to move around it and through the lands of Kotaer. However beyond the flats only worse trials await. Between the violent blizzards and the sub zero temperatures that fall at night, there is yet more to fear of this ancient land.

One of the last regions where Dragons are seen, and known to thrive. The Frost Dragons of Jogrund live on the mountain known as Drekfjall. However they are not the only inhabitants. There are also the Orcish people who coexist with the Dragons, living in the land around Drekfjall. Strange occurences have been happening in the land of Jogrund, but with so few inhabitants, who is really to know?

The Furia

Little is known of Furia. The land is far North, through Agrines. The foreign land is considered uninhabitable, and nary a soul ventures in to the land and returns. The only sign of life that ever comes from The Furia is the Fire Dragons that occasionally descend in to Agrines to hunt. Their attacks have been growing more frequent of late.

Important People/Places/Terms

Humans – usually simply referred to as Men (or women) folk. They are the largest population in number. Men are a diverse race, and...yeah humans, do I really have to explain this? >_<

Blutgard â€“ The Capitol of Agrines is a vast and sprawling city, full or mechants, craftsmen and warriors. The city was originally built on top of a mountain of the same name, but has since sprawled outwards, with the mountain serving as it's centrepiece. 

Midas â€“ Built inside a great valley. Midas is a regal city consisting of many large towers, and houses it's citizens in segregated areas, with only the most Regal of families being allowed to reside within the walls of the King's Quarter.

Dwarves – Dwarves are short in size and often in temper. Brave and fearless fighters, but also ingenious engineers, dedicated craftsman and strong labourers. They are a close nit community who love to sing songs and tell stories, all while sharing a drink at an inn. Small they may be, but in their lust for life, the Dwarven people are giants among men.

Sanctuary â€“ The great underground city of the Dwarves is perhaps the oldest of any settlement. It has served as their fortress for over 1'000 years and has grown considerably from it's incarnation. Sanctuary is the most valuable treasure to the Dwarven people, and is virtually impenetrable to those not welcome, as it is entirely underground, except for the main gates, which are too enormous and heavy for any force to move, other than with the magic of their own engineering.

Tryll – The Trylll are a rare sight. Many do not leave their homeland, but the few who venture in to the known Kingdoms often make their living in the darker, shadier walks of life. Tryll are often hired as assassins and thieves, or even as bodyguards. While they stand as tall as men, they are an unsettling sight, with a thick, prehensile tail, and a skin tone that varies from shades of crimson, bronze and ash white. Their teeth are fanged, and large, curved horns grow out of their forehead and travel back across their skull. The Tryll are very mysterious, and while they can be quite blunt and honest about matters that do not concern them, they are very secretive about their origins, and their homeland.

Kjolnas – The sacred land of the Orcish people. Kjolnas is a temple cavern formed out of the ice. It is said that the heart of the world resides within Kjolnas. Few orcs may enter, and never has any other race been allowed inside.

Orcs – The Orcs stand as tall as men, but far wider and more muscular, even the females. Their skin tones can be anything from green, to olive, yellow and grey. Their teeth are overgrown and often their canines grow over their lips. They are not as fearsome as they appear, but they are indeed fearsome. The Orcs live in a harsh landscape and admire strength and courage. They are a deeply spiritual and wise race, who frown upon complacence and excuses. It is this survivalist attitude that has earned them the mutual respect of the Frost Dragons with which they share their home. 

Magic - Magic is both well known and yet mysterious. Keep your eyes open in a city for more than 5 minutes and you will have not doubt witnessed one of the many parlour tricks performed by magicians and street performers. However real magic is something that takes a lifetime to master. The secrets of magic are rare and unyielding to the dull of mind. But for those who show promise, there are endless possibilities. Magic is a force that holds no council with the morals of men, it is absolute in it's power. However the hearts of men are not so subjective, and the magic they wield can take the form of light, and also darkness. 

Okay so basically fantasy rp! 

I'd be looking for 3-4 more people, but no more than that. Any takers? My character is below:

Krios Hakar

Krios is the first born son of Jotur Hakar, a renowned warrior in his home land of Agrines. He hails from Cambra but in his 27 years on this earth he has been well travelled in his home land. Born red of hair like his mother, with the green eyes of his father. He now stands a lean and strong young man, with shoulder length red hair, with a longer section the length of his back, tied behind him in a thick braid. While his face is unscathed it is rough to the touch and coarse with stubble. His body is worn and bears many scars, some new and some old. He dresses in the garb of his people, a maroon coloured, tunic with thick, brown leather pauldrons, inscribed with golden markings and dark fur lining on his collar and shoulders. 

As a young man he served as a Blood Scale, warriors who defend the fortress city of Tiern, the first line of defence against the encroaching dragons that fly in from The Furia. His term was brief compared to many others, and while he saw action he considers his time there to have been quieter than most. Krios, however, emerged as one of the many men of his race who had bested dragons. For his efforts he managed to procure dragonscale, used to forge Dragonsteel, plucked freshly from a fallen beast, and a valuable material in the neighbouring land of Rhaegal. Krios has travelled to Rhaegal to trade his dragonscales for coin, and to use that coin to indulge in Rhaegal's wine and women. 

Krios is no hero, but he is a man of honour and courage. He is disgusted by slavery, something unheard of in Agrines. He lives by the mantra of his people: "All Men Are Equal". As such he bows to no man, and refuses to bend to the will of others. He has suffered his fair share of trouble for his attitude, however he has proven himself to be incredibly formidable in combat. The Agrinians live for war, and will fight with sword, axe and bow as if they had emerged form the womb carrying them. Some call the Agrinians a barbaric horde, but Krios feels his people have more honour and integrity than any man in Rhaegal. 

He carries the Bastard Sword, Skuldrom, forged with Dragonsteel in the Molten Forge of Shaugr. While all other weapons come and go, Skuldrom will always stay at his side. The Dragonsteel sword is his prize for his time as a Blood Scale, and is a reminder of all that he holds true. All men are equal, however, only some choose to seize their greatness. 

This does sound interesting... Hmmm.....

Maybe it's time to get my RPing shoes back on...

Dibs on Tryll. lol. I'll have my profile up some time today/tomorrow.

Martin and I discussed the lore for the Tryll the other day, and with his permission i'll be sharing/expanding on it in the story, but i'll keep it out of my profile so the mysteries of the race remain. 

I'll be updating with my profile tomorrow. My character will be an Agrinian warrior. Feel free to be whichever race, etc you want. I've made a bunch of locations that I haven't fully fleshed out so make use of the map and think about where you could be from, etc. you can make up your own history and information about a particular town or city on the map if you like.

I'd like to be in. I've got an idea to play someone in Raeghal who was born of a family of prestige but was displaced through some means and grew up with a peasant. He bears a grudge against the rich, not knowing he was one of them, and is always trying to "claim his rights" by petty rioting or talking very loudly, and so he gets punished and ostracised a lot.

Name: Faze

Race: Tryll

Reference Pic: http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/Sephy_dude/Tiefpic_zps26d4d8d7.jpg
Appearance: Standing at around 6ft high with a slim, athletic build. His skin is ash white but his facial features are relatively unknown due to the mask he always wears. He has a thick mane of hair that comes down to his shoulders and like all Tryll, he has a pair of (black) horns that curve tightly back from the temples of his forehead and a long, prehensile tail. He tends to dress in dark colours but seems to favour the colour blue. He wears a long dark blue robe with a large hood and flared sleeves. The mask he wears is shaped as a human male's, only having slits for his eyes, mouth and nostrils. It is relatively featureless save for some kind of marking scratched into the mask and filled with a red ink.

Personality: Outwardly, Faze is sociable and polite, traits that he uses to obscure people's knowledge, or suspicion, of his past and true occupation. He displays a steady image of an optimistic and well-mannered person. Secretive, often creating elaborate stories about himself to avoid scrutiny about his exile. Faze might describe the truth as 'an excuse for a lack of imagination'. He is normally extremely patient and doesn't lose his temper easily, but when he does, he can be extremely violent and unpredictable. Under his cheery, gregarious nature, Faze is complicated man. He is bitter about his past and the circumstances of his exile from his homeland. He can be selfish and mercurial at the best of times, but he is also charming, capable of rare acts of kindness and he seems to have a natural affinity and patience with children.

Bio: Faze would tell you many things of his past, but how much of them (if any) are true, is difficult to decipher. He has made many claims, from being a mercenary, to a simple trader, to a spiritual monk and even to being royalty. However, it is often said of his race (whether true or not) that to tell when a Tryll is lying, you need only to see them move their lips, and none are more skilled at it than Faze himself. These days however, his career, at least on the surface, is clear. He carries a great deal of wares with him and travels the cities and roads, peddling his goods. He deals mostly in spice and cloth, and he is both a talented cook and tailor in addition to his mercantile occupation. Whatever his goals have been, or may yet remain, only he can know. The only certainty when dealing with Faze, is that anything is possible.

Faze's true history will be revealed during the course of the story, I hope this doesn't frustrate anyone, and if you have any questions you are free to ask me privately over Skype (so that these secrets remain so for the other members). I hope this profile is all good, Martin.   :3

Name: Krellin

Race: Human

Appearance: Krellin does not pay much attention to his appearance. He wears baggy trousers that are obviously too big for him. They cover his feet entirely and even drape along the ground behind him. His shirt, too, is torn and tattered, its holes mended by all kinds of cloth, including a patch that looks like it came from a baby's bib. He seems almost proud of the impression he gives off, that of being a carefree, easygoing man living in the fringes of society. His brown hair has grown over his shoulder, and a stubble can be seen on his chin. He stands at about 1 metre 83 centimetres (about 6 feet) and is rather skinny.

Personality: Krellin is a member of the lowest peasant class in Raeghal, and regards the rich with resentment. He is often heard complaining about the inequality in the city, and sometimes even seen taking part in protests or riots. As a result, he is often punished or ostracised, and even members of the peasant class dare not associate too closely to him. Coupled with his scruffy appearance, he does not usually give off a good impression. However, although he bears a grudge with the wealthy, he is friendly and outgoing to members of his own group, and people who know him well attest to his loyalty and sense of humour. He may be a bit stubborn and dislikes being told what to do (because once again it reminds him of power imbalance) but if one avoids those pet peeves, he can be an entertaining friend.

Bio: Krellin is the son of a carpenter. He does not know anything about his mother (in fact sometimes it puzzles him why his father never spoke of her). Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to have inherited his father's skill at carpentry -- Krellin is not nimble with his hands and by the time he reached 13 years of age his father had concluded that he was hopeless and both father and son mutually agreed that he should look for an apprentice elsewhere.

As a carpenter, Krellin's father was spared from a life of servitude due to his skills, but was forced to accede to the requests of the upper class at conditions to his disadvantage, such as a very low price. Krellin, having been unable to succeed him, was inducted as a labourer, and forced to carry heavy materials or work in construction when the need arose, for long hours.

What Krellin does not know is that he was actually the son of a rich family. The family was attacked by bandits on the streets one day and although all of them escaped unscathed, baby Krellin was somehow lost in the confusion. He was picked up by a carpenter who never got married but who always wanted a son, and raised without knowing that he would have grown up to become a member of the community he hated but envied.

I imagine you've got time, DragonGuard hasn't put up his profile yet, and I know Kyo wants at least 3 people. And it's an assumption, but I imagine he would give priority to the members of the RP who can commit to regular posts (and things like getting their profiles up  :p)

I think you can work on a profile, to speed things up. There isn't much reason for him to reject you, as Valentine has said.

updated the first post with my profile. I'd ideally like 1 more profile before starting this rp. 

HH and Val are accepted, clearly. =D

updated the first post with my profile. I'd ideally like 1 more profile before starting this rp. 

HH and Val are accepted, clearly. =D

thumbs_up.gif

So get your asses in gear so we can RP already!

I am intrigued if you're still accepting applicants. ^^

Name: Ondine

Race: Orc

Appearance: Ondine is considered 'petite' among Orcs but is still the size of the average human male, and definitely larger than human females. She has a wide curvy figure that is laced heavily with hard, taunt muscles, but that's just the norm for Orcs. Her skin is a dark misty gray, her eyes a pale crystal blue - very queer among them, and was viewed as a gift of magic. Her hair is pitch black and hangs limp and straggly down to the middle of her back. While her canines are larger than a human's they still fit in her mouth - albeit rather uncomfortably, and so her lips are usually parted just slightly to show the fangs which portrays a less than inviting image. Living in the cold homeland of Jogrund she dresses in layers of furs and leathers. Reference Picture

Personality: Ondine comes off as blunt and brutish, she speaks her mind and has no problem using intimidation as a means to get what she wants - though her wants are usually quite simple. Generally, she is not an easy individual to get along with, mostly only other Orcs understand her, though her contact with the other races is minimal. She is firm in her honesty and loyalty and has a lot of trouble handling liars and backstabbers appropriately. 

Bio: Ondine is part of a nomadic tribe that follow the migration paths of the Terabou - a rather large cousin to reindeer, with beautiful white and black fur that forms in interesting patterns all over their bodies, both the males and females have antlers - that they use for food, clothing, weaponry, and as their mounts of choice. Ondine was raised with a firm respect for nature, that everything falls into place as it was meant to be, not so much 'fate' per say, but simply that what one takes from the world they will give back in one form or another. 

From very young Ondine showed a gift in magic, which had always been expected of the strange blue eyed Orc, but she never truly grasped it. Her family and tribesmen even the tribesmen of other tribes they would pass or visit assured her that she would one day perceive the world with magic, but to date she still hadn't figured out more than simple magic. Ondine wields a polearm with the head of an axe, it's beautifully adorned with feathers and furs, created from the powerful bones of the Terabou. Her polearm she is far more skilled with and proves to be a deadly challenger even being smaller than many of her Orc kinsmen. 

yaaaay an Orc. You can PM me about backstory if you like. I can give you some more info about the Orcs. 

Name: Alivia al'Karenmosa

Appearance: 

Alivia is most often found wearing only the finest silks adorned with embroidery and lace, although a stout wool dress would do on the colder days. Although she nearly only wears dresses, sometimes divided to make for better riding, she does possess some good quality pants in case she ever needs them. During her journey she decided to wear only plain, gemless, jewelry which consists of a bracelet, a few rings, earrings and a diadem for special occasions, all gold of course. The diadem technically had a gem, a small blue sapphire, but it was so small it hardly counted as such.

Her long dark hair was tied in a neat braid, which was hardly her preference, loose it reflected light much more beautifully, yet it made for easy traveling. She had a pair of light blue eyes and a sharp nose, a signature of her father and the only thing about her that could be truly called his. Her body was petite, in all areas except her bosom, which was average yet looked big in comparison. On her hip she wore a small dagger with an ivory hilt, inlaid with a gold pattern of some strange exotic animal. The sheath matched yet was less fancy in it's making. She liked the beauty of the thing yet would rather have seen it on a shelf, yet Graeger insisted upon her wearing it.

History:

Alivia is the third-born child and first-born daughter of a high lord of Reaghal, although her father isn't one of the most important men in the country, his lands and wealth are plenty, and a great many men would gladly fight under his banner. Her older brother, 36, is the heir, with her other older brother next in line, yet even if both would happen to die before they bore children, her younger brother, and the last child her mother bore before she passed away, would inherit the lands. Though were she a lone child her situation would be no different, since her uncle would inherit then. Law and custom in her family prevented any woman from owning any land unless it were previously owned by her husband.

Being the only daughter still alive -her sister died when Alivia was only two years old- presented her father with two option. Either he could have betrothed her to a large family in order to strengthen his bonds with that family, or try to marry her off to a smaller family in a matrilineal marriage, opting for the second choice her father betrothed her to the lone child of a small lord who owned a castle and a village, the child is rather sickly so options were not plentiful for the small lord, having his grandchildren born into a high family seemed the best option for him, so Alivia is now betrothed until they can marry. Since the boy is only 10 years old and the minimal age of marriage if 16, she still has six years before being called upon to bear children.

During her fifteenth year she started developing a small talent for magic, which was rare but not unheard of in the family. Her father arranged for a trainer to come join the family and teach her all he knew of magic, yet during the two years he trained her it became obvious the man had rather overstated his ability to both train and preform magic, and turned out to be a small time mage himself. With her trainer beheaded for fraud against her family she was stopped in her training, without an immediate replacement to be found.

After a few months of waiting, with no real progress on the matter, and more months of discussion, she finally managed to convince her father to let her leave the castle on a journey to find a new trainer, or multiple if possible. Which would not only increase her ability with magic, but also teach her of other cultures and give her real-life knowledge of the world, which she could then use to guide and advice her future husband. Her father had set two conditions before she would be allowed to leave, the first being that she should at all times be accompanied by Graegor, the best guard of the castle, and that she would return before the 15th birthday of her future husband, so they had a year to prepare her for the wedding and marriage.

Her father didn't tell her to not stray from her search for a trainer however, and she would make sure to have some small adventures before returning.

---

Name: Graegor Bhuran

Appearance:

Graegor is a hard man, most men didn't reach up to his chin, which meant Alivia reached up to halfway his chest, his width equals that of orcs, though that was mostly due to the fact he also towered over orcs, an orc of his height would have been wider still. All of his body was muscle though, perfected through years of intense training. His clothing was plain black and brown wool, sturdy and allowing enough freedom to move in. Across his back was two-handed sword which he could wield as if it weight hardly a feather. His black hair was starting to show signs of graying and the wrinkles on his face were from more than just stress and glaring. He had a hardness in his eyes that would make you uncomfortable if he was in a good mood, and would freeze your soul if he was in a bad one. 

History:

He spoke little, and even less about his past, though her father that told Alivia that Graegor joined the palace guard at the age of twelve, the age that boys were first allowed to enter the training, and quickly moved through the ranks due to his combination of skills, which were more than just with a sword, he could see danger before her father had even thought of it, he knew how to hear without listening, he knew when to speak and when to hold his tongue and he knew how to intimidate an opponent without making any threatening move. At the age of twenty-one Graegor joined the personal guard of her father, saving his life half a dozen times and advising him on who to trust based on their behaviour in court.

Once asked Graegor accepted the request of her father to accompany and guard Alivia without a complaint, though Alivia expected she would have see the sun rise in the west before she would hear Graegor complain. On the day of her departure he presented her with the dagger and told her to wear it at all times, making it clear that she had no option to refuse. She didn't recognize the dagger, it wasn't part of her father's treasury and she had heard of no merchant carrying such a thing, she suspected Graegor must have bought it himself, though from whom or where she didn't know, and he always evaded her question if she did ask.

Aight all accepted. Echelon sorry buddy but you didn't get a profile up in time. I'm gonna close this for applications now.

For fear of being lost in the Skype chat, I'll post it here.

Krellin is open for hook-ups! I was considering going up to Alivia and lying that he knew whatever mage she was looking for, so that she would pay him. How does that sound, DragonGuard?

Yeah I think that can work. My next post will be of Alivia going to the 'lord' and seeing him dead (and noticing Kyo's character who has been arrested).

After that you can come up to me, though I think you might have a hard time convincing Graegor.

Haha I don't think so either, but a conflict between Krellin and Graegor sounds like fun nonetheless.

Alright I'll wait for your post then.

I feel at this point, although we are all gaining confidence in our characters, we need to find reason to tie them together, and keep them on the same path. With this in mind I thought I'd mention a little about where I plan on taking this rp, so you can all consider how your character can contribute.

At present Krios and Ondine are tasked with the capture of Faze. Krios is an honourable man, and does not intend to harm Faze if he can help it. While we chase him down our story will allow us to find a way to resolve this situation without harm to Faze, of course. At the moment this is probably enough for Krios and Ondine to form a common bond, and create some ties with Faze. However this cannot be said for the others. Of course we can have it so our paths all cross in some way, but with stories like this it can be challenging to keep people together under a common goal.

An over arching plot will be the arrival and spread of an undead scourge rising up through the land, lead by a dark, evil magic. With this in mind, I'd like people to think about how their character becomes important to resolving this great issue. As an example, Krios comes from a land where birthright and title don't exist. However notoriety and reverence are not so easily squashed.

As a member of the Blood Scales, Krios' name is well known in his lands. His people tell tales of his bravery and mastery of the blade. Much less tell stories of what happened on the borders of the Furia, and Krios' experience with dragons. As the story progresses more and more information about this will be revealed and show that Krios has experienced things that set him above most men.

In regards to magic, which is a rare thing, there is also rarer beings still, infused with magic in unique ways. There are those with the Farsight, who see the past, present and future in the form of dreams. Beastlings are men who share a special bond with animals, and they can tame even the wildest of creatures. However both Beastlings and the Farsight are so rare that they are considered a myth. It's perfectly acceptable for any of the character to develop such gifts, as a way to give them something special that makes them important to stopping the darkness that approaches.

Ondine is perhaps the character with the most potential for being unique. The orcs are an ancient race, and the fewer still among them are privileged enough to enter the Heart of the World, and look upon our very nature. I was pleased that someone chose an Orc as a character because this character will become a crucial element, someone that we would be lost without.

So if you have some ideas on how you wish to progress, share them and we can figure it out. While a young woman wanting to know magic, and a young boy who isn't as common as he thinks, are great personal stories, they don't necessarily contribute to the overall plot. Adam's character Faze has a pretty interesting story with significant importance to the plot. However he has the advantage of being able to talk it over with me over the phone. So I offer you all the same courtesy, if you're a bit stuck we can discuss it here, or over PM if you wish to maintain some mystery to your characters.

I don't mind discussing my old boy Krellin here, especially since Kyo and I aren't always online together. Of course, Kyo's also free to hit me up when he sees me online on Skype.

I would want Krellin to reunite with his birth family somewhere down the line, where at least he won't be as much of a useless bum as he is now. His upper-class family could have attained their status due to magical ability/knowledge, which Krellin might have a natural aptitude for, which means it wouldn't be such a stretch to have superior magical ability to aid against the scourge.

Well all I got it's that maybe Alivia and Ondine could learn magic together. Ondine understand magic well enough as she's been fighting to learn it since she was a little girl, she just can't seem to grasp it. So she could theoretical explain it, but this won't work if Alivia already has a solid understanding of magic and is looking for advanced training.

It's important to consider that there are all types of magic. The magic an Orc practices may not be the same thing Alivia has been taught, in fact it's quite unlikely, unless Alivia was taught by an Orc originally. Magic comes from different forces, requires different sacrifice, different practices. To put it simply a sorcerer, who channels arcane wisdom and intellect of the cosmos, would not be able to perform dark magics such as blood magic which requires payment with blood and sacrifice, to summon the aid of dark spirits.

While the premise, and sometimes the result, may be the same, different school of magic do things differently.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead