Kyo

The Call of Kings

35 posts in this topic

but that's more reason why you could teach her. Because it's so unlikely she'd have any knowledge of orcish magic. 

I'll also say that while I won't give too much away about Faze's background and identity, etc. What I will explain, is some of the Tryll's defining goals as a species, etc. So that you can better understand Faze's attitude in general, and his possible motives. This isn't information that your characters would necessarily know, but I thought it would be good to share so you get a feel for him as he's a bit enigmatic.

The Tryll, in short, are a species that consider survival and the propagation of their bloodline more important than anything. They are a very private species, they consider other races beneath them, weaker, etc. They are not bound by honour the way some cultures are, as they consider survival/victory to be the most defining cultural status symbol, as individuals who survive and thrive, are implied to have good genes, so they can further the genetic evolution/purity of their bloodline.
They have a fairly strict mindset in terms of loyalty - if you could call it that. Their first responsibility is to their children. They consider being a spouse and parent to be the most important role a Tryll can strive to be. After their children, comes themselves, everything after that could (possibly) be put secondary to their own survival/wishes. Then it's their immediate family, then their clan or what they call their 'Pride', and then their species as a whole.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me over Skype so I can keep as much of the character as possible a secret.

Well I don't mind Alivia and Ondine sharing magic, that might actually be cool. I do think of Aliva as more of a support character though (healing etc.), since I've already got Graegor to fight for me. (Aliva DOES known minor offensive magic)

And I do have some ideas as to what I could do with the bond with beasts, which would be fun to play, but if someone else wants to play that really badly, that's ok too.

BTW, could we please change the title of this topic to 'discussion - call of kings' or 'call of kings - discussion'? I almost always use the side bar to go to topics, and I thought that someone posted a reply instead in the RP...

1 person likes this

I was kinda waiting for DG to post but i don't think i can fit one in since i'll be busy for the next few days (see my Farewell thread).

I'll work it out after i'm back i guess.

EDIT: Oh DG HAS posted. Ah, i didn't see. Okay i'll post tomorrow.

In case you guys are wondering if this is dead, no it's not. I just sent HH a PM to do our convo and I have an idea how to meet up with you guys.

Alivia could get chased out of the city by people who know her true identity and want to kidnap her, knowing they'd kill krellin if she left him, she'd take him with her. Then she'll rush over the same road as Kyo and EE, meeting up with them.

1 person likes this

Glad to hear it. I need to sit and do some convo with Amanda for our characters anyway. I'm moving house this week which means I won't be available much but I haven't forgotten about this!

I guess I tied Krellin to Alivia by promising to compensate him for the loss of his house/stuff, and I'll make Alivia important by slowly developing her beast magic stuff.

I also brought Ondine/Krios and Alivia/Krellin together, but now we need a way to let these two groups stick together for more reason than 'hey we're going the same way, we're best buddies now...'

We could start with Ondine teaching Alivia magic, that would make Alivia tie herself to Ondine I guess... But anyone different ideas?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead