dandanni

Giant mon type story idea

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys.  This is just an idea that I had that might be worth sharing.  Some of you might have seen this one in an earlier thread I made.  Just following HH's advice and making a separate thread for each of said ideas.

Giant monsters have been a problem for humanity for a long time, but humanity has been able to defend themselves and survive.  Two methods are the most well known.  The first is technological advances made specifically to fight the giant monsters (specialized vehicles, weapons, giant robots, etc.)  This method is the easier to obtain of the two, but can be pretty difficult as it endangers the lives of those fighting.  One would have to be very well coordinated to take down a giant monster without any casualties.  The second method is through the use of a kind of creature that is similar to the giant monsters (they are normally small enough to fit in a house with no trouble, but can be made giant sized to fight off the giant monsters).  A bit harder to come by as these creatures will choose who their human partners will be, but the advantages that comes with one makes for a much more efficient means of dealing with the giant monsters (faster, hit harder, a regenerative factor).  The creatures can take on many shapes and forms, from forms similar to the animals of the planet, to forms more similar to a human, to even some absolutely bizarre forms that borders on elderich.

This idea is more meant to be something like a mon rp, like pokemon or digimon, or something like that, so my initial thoughts were that the main role players would have access to these types of creatures.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please let me know!  I'll try to set up more information and edit this page as I go along, so input and critique is very much appreciated.

I actually like this idea and want in on this. Did you have a set plot or genre for this or was it more just kinda see where the story goes

To be perfectly honest, this is a story concept that's been going in and out of my head for a while, so thus far I got about as far as the setting.

Been trying to figure out a few things, mainly what the giant monsters are, what are they here for, where do they come from, what are the creature companions and what is their relationship to humanity/the giant monsters, etc etc.

On my own, with the creature companions, I figured that certain humans produce some kind of something, like maybe a high amount of spiritual or magical energy or something. The creature companions need that something both to sustain themselves and to fight against the giant monsters, so maybe they try to find humans that will help fight the good fight?

As for genre, to me it feels like a modern fantasy/sci-fi with the potential for aspects of other genres to sneak in.

I'm open to suggestions! If you happen to have any, feel free to suggest!

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead