35 posts in this topic

Hey guys.  This is just an idea that I had that might be worth sharing.  Some of you might have seen this one in an earlier thread I made.  Just following HH's advice and making a separate thread for each of said ideas.

The end of the world has come and gone.  This is a post apocalyptic scenario.  Strangely, a large number of the population just vanished, up and disappeared.  Those that have remained have to try and survive.  However, since the apocalypse has happened, the rules have very much changed.  Demons are now free to roam the land and do as they see fit.  Angels by the hordes have been left behind, and they'll act as they feel they should, without the guidance of their lord.  Fairy and magical creatures now see Earth as their new playground.  The undead walk the earth (and even have their own civilizations).  Super advance technology is now suddenly being discovered, excavated, and being made use of.  All races are, for the most part, doing as they see fit, be it benign or malign.  Humanity will have to do all they can to survive in this new world.  One human in particular, obsessed with solving mysteries, wants to know why this happened, and he is on his way to the center of where the apocalypse began in order to solve this mission.

I was pretty proud of this one when I thought of it a long time ago.  I still love this idea, but recently I've noticed that it felt like something straight out of Shin Megumi Tensei, or something similar to it.  So... make of that what you will.

Taking into account opinions/suggestions made by Heatherroneous and HH from the earlier thread I made, it does seem like a lot to take in, so this will be done in an episodic/story arc style, to give each race a chance in the limelight and help figure out how the fit in with this new world now that the rules have been drastically changed.  Players can be from any of the races, though.  Whether they join up with the one human trying to solve this mystery or not is up to the individual players.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please let me know!  I'll try to set up more information and edit this page as I go along, so input and critique is very much appreciated.

Toying with the idea of creating a Demon. Maybe a succubus who is motivated to find fresh prey, and so joins the trip? XD

In that case, I might pick an Angel. Intra-party tension, ho!

This may get pretty interesting. I'm sure my Angel will be "Lawful" in morality, but "Good" may be questionable. Don't expect me to give him any morally sound advice.

XD Loving this! Loving this so much! This is a perfect set up! I can already see my human facepalming to this!

... What the heck, I'll let my human be the butt monkey for this. Too much fun not to play the butt monkey in this set up!

... And so this has become a comedy. XDD

Hm, my Demon shall be Chaotic, but more random than evil. She just can't stand doing the same thing more than once, and constantly needs new stuff to satisfy her. And once in a while she descends into inexplicable angst.

In short, she's a defiant adolescent.

^.^;  Heheh, yeah, I'm kind of a sucker for this kind of stuff.  It was bound to happen one way or another.

Like the idea of a defiant demoness.  Those can be pretty fun.  I can already picture my humans many face-palmings/disagreements.

Not sure what age to put my guy in.  Either teen or young adult.  I know for certain that he prides himself in his intellect (though is quite willing to admit intellectual defeat (sometimes begrudgingly depending on who beat him and how)).  I know he was planning on getting a job in forensics.  And I know that he decided to train himself early by trying to solve any mystery novels he comes across (his point of view is that forensics is basically a sciency approach to solving mysteries, so if he can learn how to read clues and follow their leads he can do his job better.)  I know that, due to this in some way, he's become pretty obsessed with solving mysteries, and will often go out of his way to try and understand something that particularly confounds him.  That's about all I got on him so far.

Question, should I limit how many players can come in at first or should I have it open for just about anyone to jump in?  Want to know what would be easier or best to start out with.

If you don't have any particular reason to limit, there's no need to. Though people usually don't join a roleplay that's already started. Also I don't think we'll have a swarm of people suddenly being interested too. XD It seems it'll be the 3 of us (or 4 if heatherroneous comes in).

Make that a potential four or five. I have a friend who is showing an interest and they're trying to figure out a character to use for this one.

I'll try and get in touch with heatherroneous and see if she is still interested.

Oh, who's your friend?

Also hmm, maybe we want to plan out what our tale will be like? How our characters will meet, for one?

Sorry for the silence there.  Had a crazy week and my ADD distracted me with it.

I've been trying to think of a story idea for how everyone meets during the time, though.  What do you guys think of this?

One of the strange mysteries of the world as it is now is that, for some reason, many of the buildings have suddenly gotten buried under ground.  In these buildings are various supplies that are necessary for survival, I.E. food, tools, cash, etc.  Basically, as my mind sees it, these places are were survivors go to dungeon crawl for their needs.

But what brings them all together....The demoness who looks for new things, the human who strives to solve the ultimate mystery, the angel who aims for lawful...ness? (don't know much about her/him) I'd say something like, the demoness finds the human interesting because of his nature to find interesting things, and the angel wants to watch the demoness to prevent chaos...

Ooh, hi Shadow.

Hmm, maybe my demon has a bunch of human thralls to serve her, but one day a building collapsed and all of them died. So she's got to look for new humans quickly, and also figure out why all these buildings are collapsing and how she can keep herself safe.

I'd love to join this RP if at all possible! I'm thinking about being a young teen who finds advanced technology and uses it to make him essentially better in all aspects (strength, intelligence, speed, and such) He'd try to just explore what's out there in the world, not stuck in his fallout shelter. Reply as soon as you can if I can join! Thanks

I'm planning to make my Angel start off as an antagonist, but get defeated by the party and subsequently be intrigued by the main character's will, since the Angels have had a collective identity crisis since everything went haywire, and decides to follow. And promptly spends the rest of the adventure snarking at everyone else.

Yay antagonists. Idk if I want to join or not. I haven't really thought of a character that I could implement that would add to the story yet...x.x

Ooooh, I likes those little origin ideas there.  Admittedly, Shadow caught me a little off guard there.  Guess I misinterpreted the question.  Also, it's up to you if you want to join, Shadow.  I'm pretty welcoming for this one, so if you do decide you want to join in, feel free to do so.

That goes for you too, ThatOneRoleplayer!  You are most definitely welcomed to jump in!

If your demoness is looking for new humans, HH, I wonder how my human will handle?  Somehow I get the feeling that it's waaaaaaaaaay to easy to get him really flustered.  I kind of imagine him being one of those "nervous around pretty girls" types.

Interesting choice for your angel, Wstfgl.  Starting out as an antagonist still trying to cope.  Could be an interesting chance to see a clash of philosophies and what not, even if I'm personally bad at philosophical debates.

I had something for my human, but I figured I should ask this to all those interested.  Do you think this cataclysm thing happened just recently?  Like maybe just a few days to a week ago?  Or do you think it should have been going on for a while now.  At first I was thinking have it happened just recently, but I thought I'd ask what you guys would think would be more interesting.

Little pointless edit:  Oh hey!  I started the new page!  ... why do I feel like that's an accomplishment?

Haha congratulations for that! I sometimes get pleasantly surprised when I start a new page too. XD

Hmmmm recently is better I think, since it doesn't make sense that people start wanting to investigate after it's gone on for a while?

Also heh heh heh my demoness will be motivated to seduce your human for shits and giggles all the time throughout the roleplay.

Lol. I say that it should be maybe a month, two at most. That way people have had to adjust and start trying to survive (the panic has settled more so) but it's still recent enough where things have started to settle so things like gangs and towns and stuff have started to form and claim territory and all that jazz.

Hey, I'd like to join in. Thinking of playing a magic-born human who was raised in a cult and knows little of the world outside.

Also, I think the suggestion of this happening about a month after the initial event is a pretty good one, my two cents.

Just curious, what country/city will this start out in?

So it seems our confirmed participants are:

Dandanni

Wstfgl

Me

Shadow (undecided)

ThatOneRoleplayer

Affinite

Is that right?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead