35 posts in this topic

Seems to be the case.  Really good turn out!  I'm rather excited about this!

Admittedly, the month sounds most appealing to me.  In my head, my character, after having lost his family, would have holed up in his house until he ran out of resources and is forced to move on for the sake of survival, which I imagine would have taken a month.  Since this is recent, I'm leaning towards teen then, so he's prolly fourteen/fifteen or so.

As to the question, I'll be honest, I didn't give that much thought either.  Mainly I was thinking of starting out in some kind of semi-cityscape, like when you walk around you see maybe a good number of buildings halfway buried and entrances into underground caverns that lead to the fully buried buildings.  Any suggestions?

So we're looking at probably a first world cityscape that's undergone a rapid collapse... Might be fun to make up a non-existent city if you don't have a place in mind. What do you think?

Yeah, same here. I think I will try this one out since I'm starting to get a character idea. It's already been about a month that this has happened. No one really understands what "this" is though, just that it was "the end of the world". My character has no recollection the the events just before, during, and right after the end. He woke up one day to all of this. Of course, after the initial shock and all, he joined the fallen society that started trying to build order and (created or joined, idk yet) a new "branch/business" of society that searched for the cause of all of this.

Something like contractors who take on jobs related to the new chaos. A special task force if you will. Maybe he found a job to investigate this group, or maybe someone in this group hired him for his "special abilities/services".

Oh, maybe my character hired him to help her find more humans. He thought it a ridiculous job, but then realised we were looking for the cause of the cataclysm and then offered his services for that. XD

Hmmm...but I need to think of what his services are, why they are special in a way that he'd need hiring, and what exactly does he use them for...shitsumon! Is it just demons, angels, human, and the like, or are there like creatures that have risen from (whatever the end of the world actually was and what caused it, since we don't know if it was a war, or whatever) that are crazy powerful and that everyone fears, or should fear?

Well, if it helps to clarify, all kinds of magical creatures exist that are now popping out of the woodwork.  Fairies, gnomes, dwarves, elves, zombies, werewolves, mummies, vampires, etc.  Basically, if it's not part of the mundane world, it's gonna appear.  Heck, feel free to come up with your own kind of race if you want it thrown in.  About the only thing I might not accept is something like an elderich abomination like an elder god or something.  World and everyone on it might be royally screwed in that case (plus I'm currently debating if I want something like that to act as the antagonist that threatens everyone or not.)

They all vary in power, of course.  I think during the beginning of the month, they were pretty crazy, but by the end of the month, with everything beginning to settle down, people start to realize that a good number of these supernaturals are a lot more manageable than they were given credit for.  From that point on, I suppose there are those races that can count in the "Crazy powerful" category that should be feared, whether the individual among the race wants to be feared or not.

Some part of me suspects that I just spent two paragraphs saying pretty much what we already know, and if that's the case, I apologize for being redundant.

Also... oddly, I'm thinking of the name Dulce for the first city to be explored...

One last thing, I think I'm almost ready to start things.  Just wanted to know, I know in the guild-lines it suggested templates.  Just wanted to know if anyone wanted them so that I could try to cook up a template.  I normally don't ask for one when I role play since admittedly it's not the first thing I think of when I'm starting a role play.

I'll be drafting up a profile for my character, template or not. It's just something I prefer to do. It's up to you if you'd like to know specific information/to make a template, though admittedly I'd be curious to see profiles for the others myself. I just really love learning about all the characters :).

Also, Dulce! XD What an ironically innocent name for this setting. 

Haha for me i'm good with no template. I can fill it in, but most of the time my characters will arise naturally from the writing.

But you guys know i'll be playing a demoness who gets a kick out of finding new things to sate her ceaseless boredom.

Yeah, Templates kinda limit me. I'm forced to follow the guidelines, when my characters can only be really understood well through actual, well, roleplaying. So, this RP starting soon, or what?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead