Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wstfgl

Rules of Nature (Closed)

87 posts in this topic

Ta Da

Name: Liam ‘Lee’ Burkson

Appearance: Liam is a fraction over 6 feet tall and has thin, defined muscles. His hair is pitch back and tied into a plait that runs down to the back of his knees, and his eyes are a bright green. With the exception of a fur-lined leather jacket, Liam keeps his upper half bare and sticks to jeans and heavy leather motorcycle boots.

Personality: Liam is obsessed with fighting and will do nearly anything to get in a fight with someone, or something, that he deems worthy. However, he wont do it recklessly and tends to scout out his targets before hand so he knows what to expect when he confronts them. Somewhat immature, Liam is rarely serious and likes to joke and mess around; even when fighting. He does, however, become fiercely protective when the lives of those around him become endangered during fights.

Background: Liam comes from what he had called a pretty normal family. He had a dad, a mum, and a little sister 2 years under him. His dad was a dentist and his mother a fairly renowned surgeon so the family lived in relative comfort. This life ended when a Werebeast and Anima user crashed into his house in the middle of their fight. The Werebeast was clearly strong and the Anima user couldn’t stop it when it turned on Liam’s parents, although he managed to stop it before it could kill Liam and his little sister. Despite attempted reconciliation from the Anima user, Liam vowed revenge on all those who bore Anima and the Werebeasts they fought. The Anima user didn’t want Liam to fall into revenge and offered his own life in payment if Liam did one thing for him; take his Anima and continue the fight against he Werebeasts. Liam agreed, wanting revenge and a weapon to continue his new war, and the Anima user transferred the weapon across after explaining all he knew about the Anima and the Werebeasts. Upon finishing, the Anima user offered himself and Liam killed him instantly with his own Anima.

When the deed was done, Liam realized that he felt no better and killing the man had been a mistake. His sister, who had watched in horror as he killed the man, screamed and ran away from Liam and he hasn’t seen her since. Liam still distrusts Anima Users on contact, but has no intent to kill them immediately.

Anima:

Scylla

Liam’s Anima abilities take the form of a skeletal armor that runs down his spine with 2 double layered reels position either side of his spine on his upper and lower back. A layered belt starts at the bottom of the spine and loops around his waist, leaving a couple of inches gap at the front; a similar loop is fastened around his neck. From the 8 reels on his back, segmented cables with wicked points can extend up to 10 meters in length, controlled freely by Liam’s thoughts and gestures. The speed at which the cables can extend and retract is entirely up to Liam. The entire Anima looks to be made of metal, but it is not one that Liam can identify with its high durability and resistance to damage.

Miscellaneous: Although nearly useless in actually killing a werebeast, Liam wears a spring-loaded blade fastened to the top of each wrist. The blades are 8 inches in length and are made of carbon steel. He uses these blades to irritate and injure a werebeast or defend himself in close combat before using his Anima to destroy the beast completely.

Okay, since DG is probably not in this RP (ergo, he is sad and I will pretend to ignore him unless he says 'please') we're waiting on Kyo's character to commence.

In the meantime, let's take a vote on the actual location of the RP. Actual place, or random fictional big city/small town? Y'all decide.

Hmmm, maybe not a city? Many roleplays seem to be set in big cities nowadays. Maybe a smaller town can be a nice change. I don't care about actual or fictional, unless the fictional has some unique trait.

The difference is that actual towns require at least a token amount of research to avoid looking like an idiot.

Name: Luka

Appearance: A giant of a man at 6'9''. A large muscular build makes his frame particularly imposing. Luka has unkempt, medium length, dark brown hair, with the right side completely shaved off. He has a tattoo along the shaved part of his head that reads "Unchained". he has three spiked studs pierced along the helix of his right ear, and one hoop in his right lobe. His eyes are a dull greyish blue. Additionally the letters "N E R O" are tattooed across the knuckles of his right hand. The letters "B I A N C O" are tattooed up the inside of his left arm. The words "Lycaon" is tattooed along his right collar bone, and a celtic triskelion symbol is tattooed on the right of his abdomen.

Personality: Introspective and often a man of few words. Luka can often be seem as a gentle giant. Despite his imposing physique he is not normally very aggressive, however, he is fiercely protective of children and women in particular. He is not much of a leader, and is happy taking instruction from others. People often confuse his quiet and compliant nature with lack of intelligence. Although he isn't an academic type, he is incredibly deep and thoughtful. His traumatic life has left him compliant and silent, out of fear that he might hurt innocent people otherwise. 

Background: Luka has lived a particularly traumatic life. When his werebeast abilities manifested he became crazed. As a result Luka murdered his younger sister. He fled his family and spent many years living on the streets, on the run from those who hunted him. Time and time again he battled with his random transformations and the crazed bloodlust that came with it. 

Salvation did not come until he was captured and kept in secure containment for several years of his life. Slowly his captor provided him with luxuries again, such as books, music and pictures. When he emerged he was not the same man. He vowed to serve his captor and hunt those like him, the crazed and malicious who cause so much bloodshed. 

Werebeast Abilities: Luka is a Chimera Werebeast and Sentient intelligence. 

Triple Threat - Luka can transform in to a total of 3 different animals at present. These animals are a Gray Wolf, Saltwater Crocodile and Emperor Scorpion. He can transform into a chimeric beast with properties from the three animals, or can individually become were versions of such animals. He is incapable of becoming a "true" animal, as in to take a form of an actual wolf, crocodile or scorpion, instead only able to make anthropomorphic transformations. In his chimeric form he can interchangeably use the various traits associated with each creature. 

Passive - While in his human form Luka has increased sense of smell, and excellent tracking abilities. He is physically strong and is often more receptive to body language and smells than he is to people's words. Most os his passive tendencies are from his dominant wolf traits, however due to his crocodile traits he can also survive a long time on only small amounts of food. 

Wolf - His most dominant and preferred form. As a traditional werewolf he benefits from keen sense of hearing and smell, increase in strength, speed and gains the advantage of claws and teeth. Luka prefers this form the most as he finds it is the easiest for him to control without becoming crazed. 

Crocodile - Easily his most volatile form. Luka is apprehensive about this form, because his aggression increases dramatically. However the crocodile is considerably stronger than his wolf form, while gaining the advantage of much more cowerful jaws to bite with, and still maintaining claws as offensive. The crocodile form also provides him with a more armoured hide making him more durable.

Scorpion - This form provides him with a prehensile tail that can sting his opponents and inject a painful venom that can kill in high doses. He can also shift his arms in to large pincers that are incredibly strong and durable.

Strict Regime - In order to maximise his control over his transformations and his own mind, Luka lives under a strictly diet and exercise regime designed to keep him as physically and mentally healthy as possible. His exercise regime includes meditation techniques, yoga and tai chi. His diet consists of high protein, and lots of lean meat to support the energy he burns off naturally and also to satitate his bloodlust as much as possible.  

Alright, all characters have been accepted. The RP will commence shortly.

Yay! Also, I totally vote for a fictional place; makes things easier then having to know a particular city.

The setting of this RP shall be the town of Fendale, Massachusetts, a rather quiet coastal town of average size a couple of hours away from Boston. Feel free to flesh out the town in whatever way you like.

Julia's been called to town by an Anima user named Daniel O'Dyna, who wants help investigating a spate of disappearances and deaths believed to be caused by Werebeast activity. Basically, he's there as an excuse for the Anima-using characters to meet up through a mutual contact, since it seems unlikely our ragtag bunch of misfits can meet otherwise.

He'll probably die horribly somewhere down the line.

So, Team Anima is up against two threats tonight. One is a crazed Pseudo-Werebeast who is hunting Daniel O'Dyna, and the other is... *gasp* a mysterious enemy with an Anima! Is this your culprit? (Obviously this guy's a recurring character, but the other one's got 'death flag' written all over him, so feel free to brutalize him)

Also, a sheet for Daniel O'Dyna for Yajuu's convenience, since he's teaming up with him against said Pseudo-Werebeast. 

Name: Daniel O'Dyna
Appearance: Stands at around six feet tall, with a moderately muscular build. Has dark hair and brown eyes, and wears a beige canvas trenchcoat, a battered old fedora and shades to prevent smarter Werebeasts from recognizing him. His shades hide a prominent mole under his left eye.
Personality: Daniel is a kindly, selfless man who wishes to protect those of the town he calls home, and is concerned for the well-being of the townspeople and his fellow Werebeast hunters. While he has the same disgust and revulsion for crazed Werebeasts as others, he will respect a worthy opponent and treat them with honor, and can be reasoned with provided you don't threaten innocents. Seems to have a bit of a martyr complex, and is willing to suffer if it means others can be saved.

BackgroundDaniel's past is not known to most, and it's suspected that he's actually hiding some skeletons in the closet. However, what matters is that he has been stalwartly protecting Fendale from the assorted supernatural threats that menace it nightly, playing the role of the town's honorable, knightly protector. 

Anima AbilitiesHis Anima is one of the most ancient ones in existence, a heavy, blood-red spear 2.4 m in length once known as Gae Bolg.. It has the following abilities:

Strength of the Hound -- His spear endows him with even greater physical prowess than the norm for Anima users, and also allows him to recover quickly from wounds that would be injurious or lethal.

Impaling Barbs of Death -- His finishing move. While it requires a couple of seconds to activate, during which its tip glows brightly with a crimson light and lets out a scream -- thus making it easily parried unless the enemy is immobilized, distracted or otherwise incapacitated, its effects on a living target are incredibly deadly. Its tip is keen enough to penetrate even the thickest of hide or armor, and upon entering any part of the body, its head splits into thirty steel barbs that course through the victim's bloodstream and seek the brain and heart, impaling and destroying them instantly. However, the spear remains stuck within the target upon use, requiring Daniel to dismiss the Anima to use it again, a time-consuming process as his Anima takes ten seconds to activate or deactivate.

Riastrad -- Gae Bolg is known to have a third ability, but few of its users ever willingly utilize it. The utilization of this power is believed to be what killed Daniel's predecessor. 

Name: Newt (Feel free to make up a better name for him if you like, or just make him skip the introductions and transform immediately.)

Appearance: A scrawny white-trash guy with dirty blond hair and slightly bulging eyes. He is wearing a grey hoodie with the hood pulled up, blue jeans and sneakers.
Personality: Rude, cocky delinquent-type who thinks he's hot shit. Is utterly confident that his powers will be sufficient to kill Daniel, and seems to be working under orders from a higher authority.
Background: I doubt anyone cares, really. He was probably beaten as a child or something.
Werebeast Abilities:  Newt s a pseudo-Werebeast who becomes Crazed upon using his powers, reducing his vocalizations to grunts and snarls. He acquires the abilities of an Iberian Ribbed Newt upon transformation.

Werebeast Regeneration -- If you don't put this guy down quickly, he'll get better fairly rapidly. He can be permanently killed by destroying either his heart or his brain. 

Poisonous Slime -- When he uses his powers, he begins secreting toxic slime from his pores, quickly covering him in a layer of toxic slime. This not only provides a layer of physical protection against impacts or grappling,  but also contains paralytic toxins that will numb a person's muscles, slowing and weakening them if they come into skin contact with the toxin. The poison can be lethal in high doses, and he can secrete globs of slime to hurl as an improvised ranged attack.

Extending Ribs -- His secret weapon. His ribs, like that of the Iberian Newt, can invert themselves and extend out of his skin, impaling people who get too close to him. This will not only wound them from the puncturing force, but inject them with the poisonous slime coating his skin.

And here's the character that Roberta and Julia will be up against. I'll be controlling him in your fight, and I'll make an introductory post for him soon. Feel free to go ahead and post before me, though. I'll react accordingly.

Name: Vincent Jackson

Personality: Independent and strong-willed. Has a haughty and confident attitude when it comes to talking to others.

Anima/Werebeast Abilities:

Werebeast Transformation: Wolf - Vincent is a standard wolf Werebeast, but he has the ability to turn into a humongous wolf that is easily as tall as a man. While he is in his wolf form, he gains enhanced senses and increased speed and strength, as well as the typical regeneration speed of a Werebeast.

Anima: Ascendant Soul - Manifesting as a silver greatsword, Ascendant Soul turns its user completely into steel when it is activated. Its other abilities are currently not known as they have not yet been witnessed by an external party.

Just FYI I've had a really busy week. I'll post in this tomorrow for sure. I had to go in a business trip!

I had a feeling Liam would be tagged to partner with Daniel.

On another note and and FYI to y'all; I'm out-of-country for the next 4 days and I'm unsure what my internet availability will be. I'll probably be able to poke my head in via mobile but I doubt I'll be able to get a post up within the four days I'm out and about.

It seemed unwise to get Liam to follow anyone else.

Also, I got down to drawing Julia.

nelBTtL.png

The first part of my latest post is for Liam and Daniel, the second part is for Julia and Roberta, and the third is for Luka. I'll get out the details of Kyo's opponent soon-ish.

Note: Feel free to kill Newt-man, but don't kill or severely injure Vincent. He's a recurring character, after all. Also, Vincent is a seasoned fighter, so expect him to be able to keep up with both Julia and Roberta at the same time without much effort. He won't be attempting to kill you, but he will be targeting your Anima, so they'll have to move quick if they don't want their weapons to be destroyed.

Here is Luka's opponent. The fact that I gave him a name and backstory is probably significant.

Name: Carlos Piazzolla

Appearance: Basically... he looks like Danny Trejo. Feel free to give him an absolutely terrible accent.

electra-avellan-danny-trejo-06.jpg

Personality: Bitter and hateful towards the world, especially other Werebeasts, and has a propensity for abusing drugs and alcohol to drown his sorrows. He is completely loyal to some unknown external party, and seems to treat them with almost religious reverence.

Background: Carlos was a reject since birth -- the fifth son of an impoverished family with a history of Werebeast transformation, he was thrown out of the house as soon as his powers first awakened, for his prideful father could not believe such a wretched creature could be any child of his. He has lived on the streets for as long as he knows, drifting from town to town and never staying long before being ostracized once again. He is now psychotically vengeful against the other Werebeasts who shunned him, and was responsible for the murders of several Werebeasts without regard for their affiliation.

A year or two ago, he was found by a mysterious benefactor who accepted him for what he was, and offered him a chance at a life where he could live without being judged by others; he immediately pledged his allegiance, and has been working on their orders ever since.

Anima/Werebeast Abilities: A Pseudo-Werebeast of Sentient Intelligence. He has the powers of a sea cucumber. Indeed, it is no wonder everyone hated him. His skin turns mottled, lumpy and dull grey when he uses his abilities.

Heightened Regeneration -- He can regenerate himself incredibly rapidly, and can in fact live for extended periods even without vital organs. In fact, the only guaranteed way to kill him is to completely destroy his nervous system, since even his brain will regenerate from the redundant nerve clusters scattered throughout his body.

What? Seriously? -- He can sprout probing tendrils from his mouth, extending them to a length of a meter. He uses them to garrote people, usually.

Oh My God That's Fucking Disgusting -- Basically, he vomits up his easily-regenerated internal organs over you. His entrails remain alive for about a minute after leaving his body, and will constrict and ensnare those unlucky enough to be caught in them.

You Have To Be Fucking Kidding Me -- The sea cucumber has the bizarre ability of liquefying itself to move through small crevices, and Carlos can basically dissolve into slime and reform himself at will. This, however, hurts like hell.

Miscellaneous: He prefers beating people to death with his bare hands, but owns a 9mm pistol and will use it to weaken his enemies before finishing them off. His preferred choice of targets are not humans but other Werebeasts, though he does not seem to attack other Pseudo-Werebeasts like himself.

On the bright side, he'd probably make a mean pot of Buddha Jumps Over The Wall.

I am gonna have to think about how I'm gonna fight that...

Don't worry about the last one. He'll only use it to slip away after the fight, since you can probably overpower him physically.

Hello all! I have returned from my jolly travels abroad and I am now settled cosily in my bed with my friendly computer. I shall begin work on my writing and get up poste haste.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0