Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Echelon

The Scars of Magic

84 posts in this topic

Feel free to use this character template which I ripped off from Seanzi, or create your own. Really, it's up to you.

Name:

Personality:

Appearance:

Powers / Skills:

Background:

YO I CAME HERE TO DEMAND ROYALTIES

I ACCEPT PAYMENT IN FOOD, BOOZE OR BITCHES

1 person likes this

Quick question, shadow, does Thane know about Locri's secret identity (Neraphis)? Or does just think of her as a random free magic user?

He doesn't know of her other identity. Neraphis' existence is something like a wraith, or a ghost story. She's only known through stories and rumors passed around. Some people have heard of the name, but a lot don't even know that much, just the reaper. And (no one) knows what the reaper even looks like. 

Locri isn't open about her ability of course, but there are core people who she communicates with and who side with her, people like Thane, but this core isn't made of all magic users, and they aren't really an activist group or anything. After all, who is going to follow some 13 year old looking girl's ideals? ^.^

Sorry for the late reply. I never say this reply, and yes Chaika. I thought the look fit better than the other one, though Chaika's eyebrows are way too bushy! =P

Just a heads up that I'm out-of-country for the next four days and my internet situation is dubious. I shall probably be able to poke my head in via my phone, but a post during that time is unlikely. 

Want to is unlikely, but I think it is likely for them to meet. Like she gets her horse from the stables and finds the kid camped out behind the stables. Sounds feasible to me at least. and sorry I keep missing everyone's messages to this thread here.

Short and sweet. Hope you don't mind me jumping in on you HH!

FYI, my characters name has changed from 'Mercia' to 'Merc'. A character in another RP i'm in has the name Mercia and I can't help but think of that character when I read the name!

I have something for everyone here to discuss. How does the flow of free magic work? Because I'm getting mixed ideas from all over the board. So far the concepts I've heard are that the flow can be turn "on and off" when it's in use and not in use. 

I've heard that free magic is always flowing and can't be turned off. Even if it's not a lot, it's always flowing through the body of a user.

I've said that it can be suppressed though I didn't turn it off because I was under the impression it couldn't be. Can we work this one out erbudy? ^.^

I'd say that it can't be stopped. It is, after all, wild magic you can't control. Being able to have it on tap would be the domain of Charter Magic.

I was working off the idea that although Free Magic was always in a person who can use it, it isn't really manifested or noticable unless the person in question is channeling it into their chosen outlet (E.g. bringing toys to life.)

I was thinking there would always be traces, no matter how slight, of someone using Free Magic -- channeling the untamed power of creation through yourself is going to result in changes.

Besides, the inspiration from Free Magic is the Warp from Warhammer 40k, so make of that what you will.

(In other words you're lucky you aren't growing any extra eyeballs yet)

For the record, I'm already crazy corrupted with a psycho killer in my mind I don't know about, thank you very much XD

EDIT: Yajuu, Matty's dragon is a toy when not influenced by magic. When manifest by magic, it actually becomes a real fire breathing beast of the skies. (Complete with realistic hide and fire breathing action XD)

You've lived several years without exploding yet. You're doing great.

... Yet.

(Also, I've got a perfectly good reason for why Charter Magic corrupted Chaika Locri but saying what it is might ruin the fun~

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0