Seanzilla

DnD 4e Skype game (Closed)

18 posts in this topic

I will be running a new campaign for DnD, but it’ll be different from my current DMO campaign (which will continue, don’t worry).

For now this is just an interest check. Games would be played on Sundays from 3PM to 6PM GMT+2 / CEST (which would be 9AM to 12PM EST or 9PM to 12AM in Singapore, I believe), possibly later if convenient for everyone.

The only real requirement is that you can make it every week. While I understand if you cant make it once or twice, I'd rather not have to keep cancelling sessions. Oh! and that you have Skype of course. A working mic isn't necessary, but would be helpful.

If this is without the roleplaying element of the game via text, then I think i'd be up for this. I enjoyed doing DnD, but I found the writing of my character actions as part of a story or in general, became a little tiresome and slowed the progress of the game itself immensely. If you're willing to be patient with a DnD newb whose eyes glaze over when people go into numbers and calculating said numbers, i'm on board.

I might join in as myself. Being IC over the mic is too much improv for me otherwise.

If the timeslot is shifted 1 hour earlier, I can join. As it is now I may not be able to stay throughout as I usually go to bed at around 12am.

@Time; That might be possible, will have to discuss with Anna first. 'One hour earlier' is when she usually wakes up

@Eth; feel free to play yourself, even if that is hella boring

@Val; it'll still be roleplaying, but no longer through text, so it'll be significantly faster yeah

I've already shown interest in this. If only I could figure out why my computer doesn't recognize my mics properly...

World map

Characters:

- All classes are allowed

- Races are PHB1 only, if you would like one outside of PHB1 let me know and I will consider it.

- With regards to Backgrounds: You are allowed to pick 1 Background that gives a +2 Bonus to any skill.
- No Themes.

- Everyone gets 2 Houseruled feats: 'Melee Training (x)' and 'y Expertise'. (With x being the relevant Ability and y being the relevant Weapon group).

Background:

- Where are you from?
- How did you get in Arlys?
- Why do you owe allegiance to Arlys?
- Where did you learn how to fight?
- Where did you learn your skills?
- Any important friends/relatives/acquaintances/enemies?

EDIT: Please also provide a Character Image!

Critical Success and Failure Houserules:

- Under normal rules, when performing a skill or ability check a Natural 20 does not mean Critical Success. It is simply a high roll. In this game Natural 20s for skill and ability checks grant a Critical Success.

- On the flipside, under normal rules a Natural 1 did not mean a Critical Failure, it was possible to roll a 1 and gain a modifier high enough to beat the DC anyway. In this game a Natural 1 means Critical Failure; your action fails and you gain a -5 penalty to all your roles of this skill/ability for the duration of this challenge.
- Critical Failures in combat gain another aspect. When you roll a Natural 1; your attack always misses, your turn ends immediately and you roll a d10. If the result of the d10 is a 1, your weapon breaks.

- Critical Hits also gain another aspect. When you roll a Natural 20; your attack deals max damage, you gain bonus damage from your Enchantments and you roll a d10. If the result of the d10 roll is a 10, the victim of the Critical Hit will grant Combat Advantage to your party until the end of the encounter.

Also, adding one rule to speed up on all the checks!

When entering a new area and doing 'search' checks (Perception, Arcana, Dungeoneering, Nature) you will find something on each success. If you don't find anything after a check, it means that IC your character won't continue searching. In other words, when you guys enter a hallway you don't need to perform A MILLION Perception checks~

*perception check to find the keyboard*

*perception check to find the post button*

I make a perception check to see if it really was the best part of the game.

You forgot the Dexterity check to type the post.

Rolling a d100 to see if a meteor crashes on your house while you type