Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seanzilla

DnD (B) Episode 4: Heralds of Rebellion

115 posts in this topic

Akerus moved swiftly but he was no athlete. The Tiefling could only muster enough speed to tail the herald, but try as he might he could not get close. However, while he could not inspire speed unto himself, he could inspire fear unto others.

Intimidate

Roll(1d20)+12:

13,+12

Total:25

"Slow your stride, cowardly wretch!" He bellowed, "you may think you can escape me, but rest assured that you will have to sleep eventually, and when darkness comes I am sure to follow!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"He can't hear you unless you get closer to him! Go! Jump! Serafinn, I choose you!"

 

With a flick of his wrist, Bachydios casted Jump on the Sorcerer, granting him an additional burst of strength and agility to leap onto the rooftops.

 

[+10 bonus for Serafinn's extra Athletics check during this turn]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a shaky start to the chase, Dei made up for lost time with some nimble climbing.

 

[Athletics]

1d20+11: 24 [1d20=13]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The herald continued tirelessly running, jumping over several rooftops.

 

Somehow it seemed like he was used to this.

 

[8 Successes, 1 failure.

Everyone perform an Endurance Check along with their next action (does not count towards Successes, but can count towards Failures)] 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Korrelia was starting to be unable to keep up. She tried to jump, but didn't seem to reach high enough.

 

[Athletics: 1d20 + 2

Roll result: 10]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Dude wait up. This is so uncool!"

 

Tristan climbed up the building.

 

[Athletics: 1d20+8 23]

 

And despite all the running he still has the energy to continue.

 

[Endurance: 1d20+0 16]

 

[9 Successes, 2 Failures]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Silly fellow, thinking he can escape from the Great Serafinn?

 

Endurance

1d20+7

15+7 = 22

 

Keeping lively, Serafinn kept pace with the herald, who was now hopping about roofs and putting himself into more danger. If Serafinn could surprise him and get him to trip, they could catch him.

 

Acrobatics

1d20+8

17+8 = 25

 

First he maneuvered up ahead to cut him off again, then he would attempt Diplomacy to have him stop calmly.

 

Diplomacy

1d20+12

16+12 = 28

 

"Good sir! Please stop!" Serafinn stopped in front of the man, holding his arms and cane out. "I can promise you, no harm will come to you if you simply listen to me."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Although he was beginning to fall behind, Akerus thought he'd give it one more attempt at stopping the fleeing man. 

 

"I won't tell you again! Stop this instant or face dire consequences!" He bellowed

 

Endurance

Roll(1d20)+3:

13,+3

Total:16

 

Intimidate


Roll(1d20)+12:

4,+12

Total:16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was one ridiculously nimble herald. Bachydios half-wondered, in-between gasping for air, why he was on the stand instead of the arena or stadium. This chase was taking its toll on the Tiefling's respiratory system and for a VR game, this was requiring way too much exertion.

Endurance check:
rolling 1d20+3
(2)+3
= 5

 

He gave up chasing. Let the... ninjas do the... chasing. I have… MAGIC! Pausing to catch his breath, Bachydios focused his senses to pre-empt any magical attempts to aid the herald.

 

Arcana check:
rolling 1d20+11
(10)+11
= 21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dei kept up the chase, though he wasn't sure whether he could maintain the pace.

 

[Athletics]

1d20+11: 30 [1d20=19]

 

[Endurance]

1d20+4: 12 [1d20=8]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The (majority of the) group managed to keep up with the herald throughout the entire chase.

 

While no one was able to catch up to the surprisingly athletic herald, they did manage to track him down until he entered an inconspicuous mansion in Central Avalon. The large double doors were quickly slammed shut after he entered and you could hear his footsteps as he continued his run while inside the building.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When he finally caught up to the more dextrous members of the party, Bachydios latched onto Serafinn's arm as he coughed and wheezed. His lungs were burning and not in a fire-breathing-Tiefling kind of way. With a moist finger, he brought up his UI to see if he could reduce the pain settings, but no such luck.
 
"Is it… going to be like… this for.. all the heralds?"
 
He had seen the herald enter the building, and reasoned that it was either their headquarters, a haunted house or part of some incredibly complex route to lose pursuers. Still bent on from the stitch in his side, he stretched out a hand to the ground to ascertain the presence and nature of Arcana use within the building as well as the subterranean layout of the area (particularly the sewage system and underground passages).

Arcana check:
rolling 1d20+11
(7)+11
= 18

Dungeoneering check:
rolling 1d20+10
(9)+10
= 19

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Hmm...perhaps I can recall something about this building. It looks old enough to have some historical value." Akerus mused as he stroked his chin.

History

Roll(1d20)+4:

14,+4

Total:18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bachydios noticed traces of magic lingering in the air around the building, but he can't pinpoint their exact nature.

 

Akerus knows that the house is owned by one of the noble families of Avalon, the Pembroke Family. Sadly, he does not know much more than that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Could it mean that the herald comes from the Pembroke family? That'd be useful," said Korrelia, sauntering over at last to re-join the group. Unlike Bachydios, she had given up on running once she had lost chase.

 

"Let's knock on the door and see what happens, but keep an eye out if he tries to escape from the window or something."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Well, no time to waste then! HA HA!" Serafinn lifted up his cane and knocked it against the door several times. He was able to keep pace the entire time, yet was still very much fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Korrelia did a Perception check to see if there was any other opening they could go in through.

 

[Perception: 1d20 + 12

Roll result: 27]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are several windows that you could likely unlock. There is also a chimney on the roof of the building.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I hate to split the party, but maybe we'll need to have people guarding the exits while a small group goes in? Preferably through the windows. This reeks of a trap."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Hm, good idea, Bachydios. Perhaps 3 people will go in and 3 stay to guard the exits? I'd like to go in, so that I can detect traps. Tristan should also come in in case we get under attack. And perhaps 1 of the Controllers can join us as well if we get outnumbered. And of course we'll be sure to call out if we need reinforcements," Korrelia decided.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Sure thing, Bossbro." Without giving it any thought Tristan charged the door off the house, kicking it down with ease. "Oh wait, you said window. Sorry, bro."

 

[Strength: 1d20+6 25]

 

The hallway he entered was large and decorated with various antiques. Ranging from tables to suits of armor or paintings. Despite all it's decorations it was completely void of life. "There's no one home, dude."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"So I am to sit at the doorstep like a faithful hound?" Akerus asked with a sigh. "If that is what you wish, then so be it..."

 

Akerus sat down outside the house and pulled an old, dusty book of dark magic his bag and began thumbing through it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Oh, I forgot, we only have 1 Controller," said Korrelia, embarrassed. "Come in with us then, Bachydios."

 

They entered through the window, though it was rather silly to do so now that Tristan had knocked down the door. Korrelia peered around. It couldn't be that it was empty; where had the guy gone? She had only normal vision, but she did her best to perceive any sign of movement.

 

[Perception Check: 1d20 + 12

Roll result: 21]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online