Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seanzilla

DnD (B) Episode 4: Heralds of Rebellion

115 posts in this topic

Serafinn began to swirl his cane in his hand as sparkles began to fall from both ends. Spinning it faster and faster it began to look like a belt of stars flying out from the tip and foot of his cane. They began to dancing around the space behind the mage, before exploding into a swirling mass around each square adjacent to it. Many of the stars smashing into the mage's body.

 

Swirling Stars:

 

1d20 + 7 v. Reflex

 

15+7 = 22

 

Damage = 2d8 + 7 Cold/Thunder

 

13 + 7 = 20

 

"HA HA!" Serafinn laughed as the mage got battered with stars. "I don't know about everyone else, but I think this guy is a 'Big Dip'. HA HA."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Korrelia did not find the situation as funny. The enemy Mage was still going strong, while everyone in his Aura (which was indeed pretty much everyone) was getting badly hurt. She moved up to him and attempted to use Staggering Note to push him back, which would free Serafinn, Akerus and herself from the Aura.

 

[staggering Note vs Will: 1d20 + 7

Roll result: 20

 

If hit: 5 damage

 

Before moving, Dei can make free melee basic attack against Mage

 

Move Mage down 2 squares]

 

EDIT by Sean: [Dei's roll: Melee Basic Attack vs AC: 1d20+10 12 1d10+5 12]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[Taking Akerus' turn]

 

Move 4 squares to the right, triggering Shadow Walk and gaining Concealment.

 

Witchfire against the mage, with CA from Cunning Stalker:

 

1d20+10: 24 [1d20=14]
2d6+5: 10 [2d6=2, 3]

 

Target takes -2 to attack rolls.

 

Plus Curse damage:

1d6: 1 [1d6=1]

 

Darkspiral Aura interrupt if attacked:

 

1d20+3: 11 [1d20=8]
1d6+0: 6 [1d6=6]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Mage was now bloodied and used his Blizzard to try  and strike Korrelia, Tristan and Dei, but only Tristan lacked the Will to avoid the hit.

 

[Attack rolls were 8, 18 and 9 for Korrelia, Tristan and Dei respectively.

Tristan takes 6 damage]

 

Tristan moved in on the Mage to perform his Vengeful Strike, but he missed yet again.

 

[Vengeful Strike vs AC: 1d20+9 18 1d10+5 14]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Time to finish this." Dei said decisively, taking a step toward the Mage with his swords brandished, before striking with both.

 

[Twin Strike]

H: 1d20+10: 27 [1d20=17]
D: 1d10+1: 7 [1d10=6]

 

H:1d20+10: 18 [1d20=8]
D: 1d10+1: 11 [1d10=10]

 

[Hunter's Quarry]

1d6: 1 [1d6=1]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not being able to see the battle unfolding did not sit well with the raging Bachydios.
 
"ARE THEY STILL ALIVE?!"
 
He half-stomped, half-limped over to where Korrelia, Akerus and Serafinn were and estimated the position of the enemy based on where they were aiming at. The wizard then conjured an orb of psychic energy on the area.
 
"MELCHSEE'S DOOR!"

Grasping Shadow vs. WILL
rolling 1d20+10
(19)+10
= 29

Damage:
rolling 1d8+8
(3)+8
= 11
Effect: Target is slowed until EoNT.

 

He made sure to knock the Mage unconscious instead of killing him. They needed information on this place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The mage was still up and the group definitely needed him down. Serafinn needed to keep him alive though, so he went with his lowest damaging attack in hopes to simply knock the caster unconscious.

 

Blazing Starfall

1d20+7

 

13+7 = 20 v. Reflex

 

1d4+7 = 8 Radiant dmg.

 

"HA HA! LOOKS LIKE HE'LL BE SEEING STARS TONIGHT! HA HA HA!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"That mage sure is hardy!" Korrelia gritted her teeth and fired off her Longbow.

 

[Jinx Shot vs AC: 1d20 + 10

Roll result: 21

 

If hit: 1d10 + 5

Roll result: 7 damage]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[Taking Akerus' turn]
Standard: Eldritch Blast vs REF
rolling 1d20+8
(15)+8
= 23

Damage:
rolling 1d10+5
(7)+5
= 12

Curse Damage:
rolling 1d6
(6)
= 6

Move 6sq to the left and gain Concealment.


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Korrelia stood over the fainted Mage smugly.

 

"Guess we should bring him back to our guildhouse and interrogate him, huh? What do you think?" she asked her teammates. "Also, well done everyone~!" She flashed everyone a sudden thumbs-up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After spending several Healing Surges to bring his health up, Bachydios nudged the Mage awake with a foot. He then hit the area near him with a Winged Horde, and said menacingly," Tell us where the herald went. Now!"
 
Intimidate check:
rolling 1d20+3
(15)+3
= 18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"AHH!" The Mage shouted, still groggy from being knocked out. "I'm a herald... what do you people even want!?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"We're looking for those heralds involved with the recently arisen rebels. I suppose we've found one." Dei says, and gets out a rope to tie the Mage up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online