Seanzilla

DnD (A) Episode 4: Culling the Cult

110 posts in this topic

From her vantage point, Tellorda couldn't hear anything, but she figured she could go back to her team and tell them what she had seen so they could decide what they were going to do. She climbed down from the roof and snuck back to them, trying not to run into any guards.

 

Athletics/Climb Check

Roll(1d20)+13: (+5 from Lurking Spider)
6,+13
Total:19

 

Stealth Check

Roll(1d20)+15: (+2 from Lurking Spider)
17,+15
Total:32

 

She arrived in time to hear them whispering about taking the beads off a group of the cultists to infiltrate, and before she could report on what she had seen, four more people with the red-and-black armbands appeared. While Iris and Quarius were distracting the four, she slipped behind them to try to remove the beads without being noticed.

 

Thievery Check

Roll(1d20)+6:
19,+6
Total:25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Hell yea, Tellorda!" She let out a low whistle, expressing her thanks to her fellow teammates as the Charlie and company eventually moved on. "I suppose the best liars should use these. I'd vote Lysander. How goes the inspection, either way?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"We couldn't hear anything, but we saw a group in robes sitting on the ground and staring at the altar," Tellorda reported, handing the beads over to the group leader.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lysander watches from a distance as the operation goes down, commenting off-hand to Iris; "I'm not sure whether I should take the fact that you think me the best liar as a compliment or an insult." Still, he takes one bead bracelet, fastening it around his arm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I meant it in the best possible way," She replied. "Let's go soon. I get the feeling a nasty fate awaits us if we dawdle any further. Probably get struck down by lightning or something. " Iris peered up at the sky. It was clear.

 

With a swift motion, she fastened the second pair on her own self, before passing the remaining two to Tellorda and Quarius. After making sure everything's in place, she trotted up to the guards again, eager to pass the check and go in before the four poor saps were made aware of their missing accessories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The guard standing in front of the warehouse inspected their wrists before letting the carry on.

 

Once inside, they were handed the same black robes everyone else was wearing and were told to be seated. A while later a man, wearing a dark blue robe, appeared at the entrance and walked between the benches towards the altar in the back.

“Hello Brothers,†the man started, “I fear I am short on time today, but I could not let this day pass without making an appearance. It is no secret that I have been fighting the Empire in order to keep our Brotherhood intact. The Emperor’s attempts to quelch any religion that does not conform to his had successfully been staved off. I fear, however, that after yesterday’s display of weakness they will try to assert their power by forcing their policies through. They cannot afford to lose control of the city, but I refuse to let that happen.â€

Without anything else to say the man stepped down from the altar and headed for a room in the back of the warehouse. Many of the cultists were confused, they looked at each other for answers, but no one had any idea what had just happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amroth nodded at his friends entering into the house. "Call for me if things get bad in there, we'll come running." he said before they entered.

 

Then he walked to the side of the building and climbed up the roof, seeing if he could get a view from what was going on inside.

 

Acrobatics:

Roll(1d20)+11:
7,+11
Total:18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quarius performed an Arcana check around the area, just in case there were any magical devices or traps in the vicinity. He also tried to roll a Perception check to gather more information about the back room which the man had departed in.

 

Arcana Check:

Roller timedragon888
Character Quarius
Campaign Surreality
Description Arcana Check
Results 1d20+14: 32 [1d20=18]

 

Perception Check:

Roller timedragon888
Character Quarius
Campaign Surreality
Description Perception Check
Results 1d20+2: 13 [1d20=11]

http://orokos.com/roll/197615

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quarius could tell that the man who appeared upon the stage, who was being referred to as 'Brother Marco', had dabbled in magic. Quarius could easily identify that the magic was necromancy.

 

Slowly the people started to leave the warehouse, none the wiser as to what had happened. Before long the warehouse would be empty save for the party and the guard still standing at the entrance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tellorda looked somewhat unsettled as she took the beads--she couldn't think of any possible reason why a Wilden would ever condone this sort of activity, so her presence might be enough to give it away. But the rest of her teammates were already moving before she could pass them off, so she tossed them into the bushes and moved to join Amroth on the roof, again.

Athletics/Climb Check

Roll(1d20)+13: (+5 from Lurking Spider)

19,+13

Total:32

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"That man on stage just now has dabbled in necromancy before," Quarius explained. "I'll bet he's one of the culprits behind the whole Bones incident. We should follow him and see what he's up to." Having said that, he started to sneak towards the room where the man had left towards, motioning for his team members to follow.

 

Stealth check:

Roller timedragon888
Character Quarius
Campaign Surreality
Description Stealth check
Results 1d20+5: 20 [1d20=15]

http://orokos.com/roll/198078

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The group follows Quarius into the room in the back and the guard checks the warehouse and doesn't see anyone in it.He closes the large, solid steel door and locks it before leaving.

 

Amroth and Tellorda are on the roof and Sanger is standing outside; all three have been locked out of the warehouse.

 

The group discoves the that room Marco entered has a ladder leading into an underground room. The room is empty save for a door.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sanger decided it was prudent to join its comrades upon the rooftop, and started climbing. It didn't take it long to reach where Tellorda and Amroth were standing guard.

 

Athletics check: 1d20+8 28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Someone with better Perception with me should try and listen what's past this door. We don't want to be walking straight into a group of cultists."

 

Arcana Check:

Roller timedragon888
Character Quarius
Campaign Surreality
Description Arcana Check
Results 1d20+14: 29 [1d20=15]
 
Perception Check:
Roller timedragon888
Character Quarius
Campaign Surreality
Description Perception Check
Results 1d20+2: 18 [1d20=16]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I understand."

Iris stepped up and joined in the investigation, scanning the surrounding area for any other hints and clues.

 

checking the door: 1d20+7 25

 

edit: that one's a perception check btw, i just copied the bbcode, wasnt aware it won't link the skill i was using

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Iris and Quarius lean against the door to listen, but they hear absolutely nothing.

 

Quarius doesn't find any traces of magic in the room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Looks like they're done. Should we rejoin the others?" Tellorda asked the two next to her as they peered inside. With the metal door locked, it seemed like the easiest way in now was to jump.

She dropped down from the skylight, rolling as soon as she hit the ground to lessen the impact before approaching the trio who had attempted to infiltrate.

Acrobatics Check

Roll(1d20)+11:

13,+11

Total:24

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sanger and Amroth followed Tellorda down. 

[Amroth Acrobatics: 1d20+11 23

Damage rolls for Tellorda, Amroth and Sanger: 15, 24, 11.

Tellorda reduces damage by 12 and Amroth reduces it by 11.

Damage taken is 3, 13, 11]

 

The trio rejoined the other group and together they hopped through the hallway leading into a large room with several creepy statues and doors leading in every direction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That sure was a lot of trouble for nothing. She glanced around the room , carefully taking in the images of the statues, as if she was touring an art museum back in real life. The smaller ones each had a sword in hand, while the two humongous ones at either end of the room had - "What, rocks? Or are those giant prunes?" - held in their outstretched palms instead.

 

She stepped up closer to them, trying to look for more details and clues.

 

checking the room: 1d20+7 20

^Perception check

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Iris sees that the larger statues are holding what appears to be fire. The statues seem to be built into the floor and moving them is impossible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Oh. Fire. Right." She corrected herself, casually kicking one of the towering statues to mask her embarrassment before she moved on to the doorway at the top right of the room. It was then that she realized three out of the five rooms were seemingly sealed behind closed doors. She decided not to make life any more difficult for herself and strode towards the arch way at the left of the room instead, continuing her investigation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quarius was feeling pretty great all of a sudden, so he performed a Arcana Check in the room which ended in a Critical Success.

 

Arcana Check:

Roller timedragon888
Character Quarius
Campaign Surreality
Description Arcana Check
Results 1d20+14: 34 [1d20=20] CRIT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Her teammates seemed determined to search every corner of the room, and Tellorda was beginning to find it tedious. Their task was to investigate the cult that was dealing with such unnatural aberrations, yet it seemed that everyone was taking their sweet time admiring the decor.

"Should we not be finding the leader Marco?" she asked, throwing her gaze about the room for any sign of which door the man had left by. "We should imagine that it would be faster to ask him than to search this place for clues."

Perception Check

Roll(1d20)+8:

17,+8

Total:25

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quarius discovers that the statues are magical. Their exact capabilities couldn't be determined, but he can tell that they are under someone's spell.

 

Tellorda doesn't see anything unusual.

 

The archway to the west leads into a corridor that ends with another door.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online