Seanzilla

DnD (A) Episode 4: Culling the Cult

110 posts in this topic

"... ... "

She was expecting tons of stuff to show up, but a door wasn't one of them.

Iris walked up to the door and felt around it, trying to see if there's a knob or something.

checking the door: 1d20+7 26

^ perception

Iris sees that the door is unlocked and can easily be pushed open. She doesn't find any traps either.

"Oi," She called out towards the party, making sure its loud enough to reach their ears. "I'll be in here. Holla if you need me."

With that settled, she pushed the door open and took one more step forward.

The party stepped into a small, seemingly empty, room when all of a sudden the ground they stood on tore up and several rotten corpses came crawling out. The of them were listed as Corruption Corpses while the remainder were tagged as Zombies.

[initiative rolls: Tellorda > Quarius > Iris > Corruption Corpse > Sanger > Amroth > Lysander > Zombie

In between Monster turns, everyone can take theirs whenever (provided that it isn't the end of the round. You are free to pick any spot within the square as starting position.]

Almost as if she's acting on reflex, Iris swiped through her skill list and picked Bless. A tiny little +1 appeared above the party's heads for a moment before fading away. Another blast of light, and the zombie on her far right buckled a little, taking the brunt of her attack.

Sacred Flame vs Reflex: 1d20+9 22 1d6+6 7
+4 hp to quarius

Bless : Everyone gets +1 power bonus to attack rolls till encounter ends

(Gonna ask Lysander to start outside of the square that I've drawn on the map so he doesn't get hit by Color Spray)

Quarius stepped forwards, utilizing one of the spells he had acquired last level: Color Spray. It struck quite a wide area, which managed to catch three of their enemies within the range of the blast. If any of them were hit, they would be dazed until the end of his next turn.

Color Spray (Corruption Corpse 1, Corruption Corpse 2, Zombie from left to right):

Roller timedragon888
Character Quarius
Campaign Surreality
Description Color Spray vs Will
Results 1d20+10: 16 [1d20=6] CC1
1d20+10: 23 [1d20=13] CC2
1d20+10: 21 [1d20=11] Zombie
1d6+8: 11 [1d6=3] Damage roll

(Edited in the +1 to attack rolls, it won't show on the link cuz I forgot it when I rolled)

"FOUL CORRUPTION. TASTE OUR WRATH!" Tellorda screamed as she settled into the Aspect of the Charging Ram before charging the closest Zombie. She swung her rapier towards the disgusting thing, driving deep into the rotting flesh before swinging her other hand around to strike the thing again.

Aspect of Charging Ram

Charge Zombie

Frost Rapier +1

Attack: 1d20+13 (+1 Charge) (+1 Bless): 20+15 = 35 (Natural 20, Crit)

Damage: 1d8+7 (+2 Charging Ram) (+1d6 cold for critical): 8 + 7 + 2 + 4 (cold) = 21

Zombie is knocked Prone

Short Sword

Attack: 1d20+12 (+1 Bless): 14+13 = 27

Damage: 1d6+6: 3+6 = 9

Total Damage: 30

(Also, Sanger, get out of my line of charge for my next turn. ;D) (Nvm. I think I can maneuver around to get a decent charge on something else.)

The two Corruption Corpses moved closer and struck Iris and Tellorda, but only Iris got hit.

Everyone within five feet of the corpses could smell their putrid stench. The stench was so foul, that it distracted them and reduced their aim.

[struck Iris for 4 damage.

Everyone takes -5 on their Attack Rolls when standing in the aura.

Corpses regenerated 5 health.]

"Oh, gross." Lysander groaned as he drew his scythes, spiraling inbetween the two of the shambling corpses. Both try to strike, but are unable to land their slow blows on the nimble tiefling. He retaliates against one of them, but the slash seems to do little. "I hate zombies," he sighs, as bits of gore fall dejectedly to the ground.

Move; Movement technique on Blistering Flourish. Both OA's miss.

Standard;  Attack technique on Blistering Flourish on bottom corpse. Miss with 1d20+8-5=14.

Sanger stomped up beside Quarius, setting its sights on the Corruption Corpse beside Iris. Then, it motioned to Lysander, who obligingly leaned out of the way as Sanger swung its blade in a wide arc around it to strike the two foes within its reach. Evidently, they were as good as evading as Lysander was, though, as its swing failed to connect.

[move to Quarius' right, mark Corpse next to Iris, use Cleave]

Attack roll for Cleave: 1d10+5 10

Amroth marked the closest Corpse, used his Evasive Strike to move himself away from the open door with the two zombies and shot the Corruption Corpse he had marked, dealing significant damage and bloodying the enemy.

The zombies moved in on their targets; the first attacked Amroth, the second and third attacked Sanger and the fourth attacked Tellorda, but they all missed. The same zombies also made an attempt to grab their victims, and succeeded at grabbing Tellorda and Sanger.

The group heard something pounding on the room's western door and a few seconds later it was broken down. Two zombies stood in the doorway.

[Amroth dealt 26 damage.

The people who have been grabbed can not perform move actions. In order to escape you have to kill the zombie or do a savings throw with a -5 penalty at the end of your turn.]

Iris shifted a few steps to the right, spluttering and gasping as she caught a whiff of the corpses' signature scent. Disoriented by the attack to her olfactory senses, she clumsily summoned her Lance and chucked it weakly towards the corpse closest to her. It missed. If her eyes weren't already watering, she would have rolled them as her lance crashed into the ground and dissipated into nothingness. 

She found herself wishing she was fighting normal human mobs again.

Move: Shifted 1 square to right.

Lance of Faith : 1d20+9: 10 (-5) = 5 [1d20=1]
1d8+6: 11 [1d8=5]

"What is this smell?!" Quarius quickly shifted away from the Corruption Corpse, eager to get away from both the debuffing aura and the stench. Fortunately, he was able to get a spot just outside their range, and fired two bolts of Arc Lightning at the two Corpses, hoping to kill them quickly.

Arc Lightning (CC1, CC2 from left to right):

Roller timedragon888
Character Quarius
Campaign Surreality
Description Arc Lightning vs Reflex
Results 1d20+10: 23 [1d20=13] CC1
1d20+10: 25 [1d20=15] CC2

(Can't figure out how to use orokos dice and Sean was whining, so using WotC dice since roll20 won't work on my phone. >.>)

Tellorda grimaced in disgust as her target seized her. The thing was honestly quite foul, especially so close, even without the stench of rot rolling off its companions. Viciously, she swung at the zombie, hoping that her attacks would land and free her from the cold, dead flesh that bound her.

Free Action: Frost Rapier will do cold damage

Frost Rapier +1

Attack: 1d20+13 (+1 Bless) (-5 Stench): 11 + 9 = 20

Damage: 1d8+7 : 1 + 7 = 8

IF HIT

Short Sword

Attack: 1d20+12 (+1 Bless) (-5 Stench): 12 + 8 = 20

Damage: 1d6+6: 1 + 6 = 7

Total Damage: 15 (?)

Saving Throw: 1d20 (-5?) : 4 (-5?) = -1 (?)

(Not sure what to roll and what modifications to add.)

Quarius's attack killed the first of the Corpse's, but as it died it exploded and covered everyone adjacent to it in necrotic flesh. Sanger managed to avoid getting hit by it, but Lysander and Iris weren't as lucky.

The remaining Corpse shifted down and attempted to strike Sanger, and missed.

[Rolled 15, 22 and 18 vs Fortitudes of Sanger, Lysander and Iris. Rolled 11 for damage.

Roll 11 vs AC for Sanger, missed.

With Savings Throws; just roll a d20. If the result is higher than a 10, you succeed.]

"Uuuughhhh," Lysander groaned, wiping the gore off his face., "I really hate zombies!" He steps to the side, then hacks at the approaching zombies in whirlwind of sickleblades, then kicks the stinking zombie in the face with a gout of flame, setting the creature alight.

Move; Shift one down.

Standard; Steel Wind versus both zombies at 2x1d20+8-5=14,4. Hit one zombie for 1d8+4=12.

No action; Desert Wind Flurry of Blows. Corruption Corpse takes 5 ongoing fire damage (save ends) and a -2 to attacks that include me as a target UEOMNT. I shift to the side.

Amroth had dazed off for a bit, somewhat confused by the whole situation, yet he came back to reality. He felt stuck between the zombie and his allies until Lysander moved to the zombies bursting through the door. Amroth took his place, shifting away from the zombie, and marked the remaining Corpse with his Hunter's quarry, loosing two arrows at it. Both his for a pathetic amount of damage. He cursed softly, wondering how he could have done so much damage last turn when he wasn't even paying attention. 

Attack:

Roll(1d20)+11:

13,+11

Total:24

Roll(1d20)+11:

19,+11

Total:30

Damage:

Roll(1d12)+1:

5,+1

Total:6

Roll(1d12)+1:

3,+1

Total:4

Roll(1d6)+0:

2,+0

Total:2

Total: 12

The zombie that was knocked down and bloodied stood up while its allies closed in on the nearest target. In unison they all attempted to grab whoever they could, but were ineffective as all their opponents seemed to possess the proper reflexes to dodge their attack. Immediately after the failed grab attempts they tried to slam their opponents, successfully striking Quarius and Lysander.

[All Grab Rolls vs Reflex were missed.

Attacks vs AC hit on Quarius (25) and Lysander (25).

Damage dealt was 11 to Quarius and 7 to Lysander.]

Freed from the scent of death, Iris zeroed in on the corpse with renewed focus - and successfully called down her Sacred Flame this time round. A little '+4' appeared over Lysander's head at the same time. She peered intently at the target. Hopefully it'll be enough to kill the undead and dispel the foul aura obstructing the team.

Sacred Flame vs Reflex: 1d20+9 23 1d6+6 8

Tellorda watched with vicious pleasure as the zombie grasping her crumbled before she charged toward the next one, which was attacking Lysander. Cold steel flashed as her blades bit deep into the rotting flesh, knocking the abomination to the ground.

Charge Zombie

Frost Rapier +1 (Cold Damage)

Attack: 1d20+13 (+1 Charge) (+1 Bless): 7+15 = 22

Damage: 1d8+7 (+2 Charging Ram): 1 + 9 = 10

Zombie is knocked Prone

Short Sword

Attack: 1d20+12 (+1 Bless): 16+13 = 29

Damage: 1d6+6: 6+6 = 12

Total Damage: 22

Things were looking bad for Quarius, who was quickly being surrounded by the monsters. Seeing as he couldn't pull off an attack without taking an Opportunity Attack to the head, he shifted 1 square away from the zombies, creating an arcane shield before him as he used Total Defense.

(+2 to all defenses until the start of my next turn)

The Corpse took damage from Lysander's earlier attack, but quickly regenerated the same amount as he shifted back and threw a black glob of filth at Quarius, sadly missing.

[Took 5 fire damage, regenerated 5 health.

Rolled 10 vs Reflex.

Rolled 10 for Save.]

Amroth felt himself locked in between the corpse and the zombie. He grumbled, he didn't like enemies getting close, shooting at them from a distance was just fine for him, no need to get close and get bloody and all. "Trust me" he whispered at Iris before using his Invigorating Stride to move up and around the corpse, shooting two arrows at it as he dodged around it. The first missed horribly the second did a decent amount of damage. Next he prepared his interrupt, Disruptive strike. "If anyone dares to touch you, I'll shoot him!" he yelled towards Iris. 

Attack:

Roll(1d20)+11:

1,+11

Total:12

Roll(1d20)+11:

19,+11

Total:30

Damage:

Roll(1d12)+1:

11,+1

Total:12

Roll(1d6)+0:

2,+0

Total:2

total: 12

(If anything attacks Iris: Disruptive strike)

The Corruption Corpse was a foul, distasteful creature, and Sanger decided to be rid of it as soon as possible. It delivered a swift flurry of blows with Dance of Steel, eviscerating the undead monster, which exploded and covered Sanger with its putrid, rotting guts.

Attack with Dance Of Steel:

Roll (1d20+6):

19+6=25

Total: 25

Damage Roll for Dance of Steel:

Roll(2d10+4):

8+8+4=20

Total: 20

(Was hit by disgusting corpse guts, I take 10 damage)