Seanzilla

DnD (A) Episode 4: Culling the Cult

110 posts in this topic

Lysander slashes a zombie to bits with his sickle, then punches another one in the face with a burst of fire.  His nose still scrunches up with the stench. "Somebody take care of that thing, please?" he asks. Sanger proceeds to do so, earning a relieved sigh from the tiefling. "Thank you."

 

Standard; Steel wind versus bottom two zombies, Crit the bloodied one, miss the second.

No Action Flurry of blows, dealing ongoing 5 fire damage to the zombie I missed. When he saves, he takes an additional 5 cold damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Zombies tried to grab Tellorda, Sanger and Iris, with Iris being the only one able to escape. But when the Zombies went for their attacks, Iris was the only one who got hit.

 

[Zombie took 5 ongoing damage. Failed save

Iris took 5 damage ]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Wilden seemed to grow darker in disgust as another foul creature approached her, reaching out with its slimy, rotting hands. Unwilling to let them touch her, she nimbly dodged one of their gruesome grasping before the other one grabbed her. Hissing her displeasure, Tellorda slashed at her original target again. As it slumped to the ground, Tellorda commanded it, "Begone, foul thing, and never show yourself before us again!"

 

Frost Rapier +1 (Cold Damage)

Attack: 1d20+13 (+1 Bless): 9+14 = 23

Damage: 1d8+7: 3 + 7 = 10

 

Short Sword

Attack: 1d20+12 (+1 Bless): 9+13 = 22

Damage: 1d6+6: 1+6 = 7

 

Total Damage: 17

 

Shift down one space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wincing from all the damage she's taken, Iris flung another wave of her sacred flame towards the zombie right at her side, hoping to leech off some health from her attack.

 

1d20+914 [1d20=5]
1d6+611 [1d6=5]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the zombies latched onto Sanger like an overly attached fangirl, and Sanger let out a noise of disgust, grabbing onto the zombie's putrefying arm and wrenching it to the side, breaking its grip and staggering it. The Warforged quickly followed up with a brutal slash to the zombie's midsection.

 

 

Athletics Check:

roll 1d20+8

7+8

Result: 15

 

Reaping Strike

Roll 1d10+11

13+11

Result: 24

 

Damage: Roll 1d10+4

10+4

Result: 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amroth blinked in surprise when Iris got attacked and his ability didn't activate. He checked again to make sure he had all the conditions right. "Sorry Iris! I think this must have been some bug in the game, I should have been able to fire an extra arrow at it when it attacked, but somehow I didn't.... I'll fix this next turn."

He moved closer to Iris and marked the zombie next to her. He took aim and shot two arrows.

 

attack:
Roll(1d20)+11:
3,+11
Total:14

Roll(1d20)+11:
19,+11
Total:30

 

damage:

Roll(1d12)+1:
7,+1
Total:8

Roll(1d6)+0:
3,+0
Total:3
 

If zombie is not dead yet when their turn comes around: interrupt any zombie attacking Iris, else, interrupt zombie attacking Tellorda.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing as two of the remaining zombies were bloodied, Quarius moved three squares upwards and shot a bolt of Arc Lightning at both of them.

Arc Lightning at two bloodied zombies (left to right):

Roller timedragon888

Character Quarius

Campaign Surreality

Description Arc Lightning vs Reflex

Results 1d20+9: 26 [1d20=17]

1d6+8: 11 [1d6=3]

1d20+9: 12 [1d20=3]

1d6+8: 11 [1d6=3]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lysander charges to the other side of the room, running up the wall for a moment and bringing down his foot as it lights on fire with a rush of consumed air. The blow misses the zombie just barely, but the tiefling doesn't miss a beat, using his momentum to turn and deliver a crushing frontal blow to the rotting corpse, followed by a swift jab as the air around him ignites, wreathing the monk and his companion in flames.

 

Move; to the zombie.

Standard: Burning Brand misses at 1d20+8=10

Action Point: Light the Fire hits at 1d20+8=28 for 2d8+5=13 damage. At the start of his turn, the zombie takes another 5 fire damage for starting his turn in the attack's aura.

No Action: Flurry of Blows for ongoing 5 fire damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last zombie dies!

 

[Lysander's Burning Brand hit the Zombie's reflex.]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"That was unnecessarily difficult," Quarius complained, wiping some of the exploded zombie goo off his wizardly cloak. "We'd better get some healing done before we proceed to the next stage. Perhaps we should try another of those doors in the last room?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lysander wipes some gore from his clothes with a grimace. "I hate this guy. As a necromancer he could at least have the courtesy to summon skeletons, or something. Zombies are just...ugh, this is never going to wash out. But I'm fine, I think. Lead on, fellows."

 

2 surges to heal to max.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Yea, let's get out of this place." Iris agreed, but not before  casting a final glance at the room she entered. They immediately got ambushed the moment she stepped in - could they be guarding something?

 

Perception

1d20+7 = 9+7 = 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This time round, she left the undead infested room for real, and traveled towards the other open doorway at the other side of the main room. "I've no idea what I'm doing, by the way." She quipped. "Don't kill me if we ended up disturbing another corpse party."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tellorda stepped into the hallway beyond the open door to take a quick look around.

Perception Check

Roll(1d20)+8:

8,+8

Total:16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amroth followed his team mates into the hallway.

if no enemies == in sight {

Amroth sneaks around the corner at the southern half of the hallway, walks along the hallway to check the door at the end.

 

Sneak check:

Roll(1d20)+11:
20,+11
Total:31

Perception check:

Roll(1d20)+12:
4,+12
Total:16

}

 

else{

Initiate combat I guess

}

 

(so sneak and check door if no enemies are in the hallway, else we'll fight...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quarius inspects the treasure for booby traps.

 

Perception:

Roll(1d20)+2:
3,+2
Total:5
(Passive perception: 12)
 
Arcana:
Roll(1d20)+14:
14,+14
Total:28

 

Assuming Quarius doesn't find any booby traps: Quarius gets the treasure. *fanfare*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

<Warning: Hold it. The treasure might turn out be to be some kind of chest monster. Suspicion: this seemed altogether too easy.>

Sanger prepared for combat as it approached the treasure.

[Ready Dance of Steel if the chest turns out to contain an ambush.]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quarius notices a dozen mounds of dirt on the ground. Something has been buried here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Edited my rolls in)

 

More importantly: What was the treasure?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The treasure is a pile of gold and silver.

 

Most importantly, Quarius notices that whatever was burried is tainted with necromancy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

<Sardonic Commentary: Finally I'm relevant!>

Sanger began digging up the dirt on the ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sanger walked into the room and started digging at the closest mound when suddenly an arm stretched out and tried to grab him. Sanger moved back, avoiding the arm, but zombies came crawling out of every mound. 

 

[initiative: Quarius / Sanger / Iris > Corruption Corpses  > Lysander / Amroth / Tellorda > Rotwing Zombies > Rotters]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online