Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Demonic Gate

MTG

12 posts in this topic

Well I don't think we have a thread set up for this even though we certainly have people who enjoy it. I'm just super excited since the new set for the end of the year was announced and it looks like a set with heavy Chinese/Mongolian background. I mean, the name itself gives it away a bit.

Khans of Tarkir

Art-by-Jason-Chan-615x615.jpg

Oh, yes. I'm looking forward to it too. I wonder how they can top the 15 Indestructible Gods in Theros though. Those are some of the best creatures I've seen recently.

Well, stepping away from Theros and the god worshiping, I think this is gonna be more Legendary based like how it was in Kamigawa. Depending on how they set the tribes of Tarkir up. I don't know how it all will work, but I know that Sarkhan will be bringing Dragons back to Tarkir, so I feel the story will be very interesting. Like first a war between the clans, then clan-wide alliances to fight the dragons, then maybe new tribes with dragons finally being accepted or something. This is just a thought, but I think it'd be cool like that.

Legendary dragons would be cool. I don't think if Mongolian tradition has dragons though. It's a weird combination, dragons and khans.

Well, Mongolia is very focused in Chinese history too. So, it wouldn't be unlikely to see lots of Legendary Nomad Leaders/Mounts or something.

So we've Sarkhan, and then we've Genghis Khan. Both their names end with "khan". It'll be convenient if Sarkhan does become a khan of some sort. XD

I was telling DreamyLane about this and she didn't have high hopes for the art. XD She says art of Mongolian warriors doesn't sound like it'll trump Theros' art.

Well ya never know. Don't forget it isn't just Mongolian art. I'm sure it'll have some Chinese influence too. I mean, the Mongolians played a huge role in Chinese history.

True enough. But who knows. They obviously have the ability to take artistic liberties with things. I don't think they'll do bad. After all the guys who were the big heads in designing Innistrad and Theros are gonna be behind this set too.

Heh, well, cities will probably be less prominent here. Since the Mongols were nomads, it'll probably be a lot of landscapes.

Just for lolz, I figured someone else was happy about this set.

tumblr_madmh5jVJS1rcb0d2o1_500.gif