Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seanzilla

Game of Life OOC Thread

167 posts in this topic

Sean’s Game of Life

General Chart

Welcome to Surreality, a small town with a population of less than 1000. It isn’t a stretch to say that almost everyone knows everyone in this town. The reason Surreality will always stay small is that young, ambitious people tend to move to the larger nearby city: Twilight.

The year is 1990. You are a newborn child; recently brought to this world in Surreality. This is your story.

-----

As mentioned before, this game is a far cry from the competitive Mafia games that I’ve run. It is supposed to be 100% fun, but if you want to compete with someone, it is possible! Let me explain the mechanics.

• Life is divided in Stages.

• Infant (0-3yrs) > Child (4-10yrs) > Preteen (11-13yrs) > Teenager (14-16yrs) > Adolescent (17-18yrs) > Young Adult (19-30)  > Midlife (31-50) > Mature Adult (51-65yrs) > Elderly (65+yrs)

• Each stage has a certain amount of turns.

• Infant (1 Chapter) > Child (2 Chapters) > Preteen (2 Chapters) > Teenager (2 Chapters) > Adolescent (2 Chapters) > Young Adult (4 Chapters) > Midlife (6 Chapters) > Mature Adult (4 Chapters) > Elderly (x Chapters)

• At birth everyone picks a Goal and Strengths.

• Your Goal has to be ambitious; it is what you will strive for over the course of your life. It is your dream, your raison d’être.

• Your Strengths are things that make you excel when compared to your peers.

• For each Strength that you pick, you will be assigned 1 Weakness by the Moderator.

• During each Turn you can perform Activities.

• Activities can be anything you can think of, as long as it is plausible.

• Activities can influence your Skills, your Fame and your Popularity. In later stages it can also influence your Funds.

• During each turn, outside of your Activities, you can also Interact with fellow inhabitants of Surreality (including other players). The amount of players you can Interact with depends on the total amount of players.

• Skills are, as the name implies, skills that your character picked up while doing activities.

• The current list of Skills is: Athletic, Charismatic, Creative, Deceptive, Dextrous, Intelligent, Knowledgeable, Perceptive, Strong.

• These Skills increase, or in some cases decrease, through your activities. For example: playing the guitar would increase your creativeness, dexterity and intelligence.

• These skills are vital in determining your success when performing other activities.

• Fame and Popularity determine your social standing

• Fame is simply: “how well known are you.â€

• Popularity determines how people view you.

• Relationships are an important part of life and the game of life.

• By interacting with people (PCs or NPCs) you build rapport with them.

• These relationships can flourish into lifelong friendships, romantic relationships or business relationships, depending on how you approach them. They can also develop into antagonistic ones if you screw up badly.

• Working in also an important part of life.

• By working you gain Money.

• Money can be used for various things. Including, but not limited to: shopping, investing, saving or donating.

• Proper use of money can give you major benefits, like extra income through investments or increased gain in skills by buying more efficient equipment.

• Life is not within our control.

• To reflect this, certain activities have its failure or success decided by a roll of the Moderator’s die.

• For example, you went for a fishing trip with your father. Depending on the roll of the die several things can happen: You catch a humongous fish / you fall out of the boat and get sick / you fall of the boat and drown / your father drowns / you find a sunken treasure / you and your father bond and become closer than ever / you hate your father’s guts.

• Eventually it all comes to an end, whether you succeeded or not.

• Certain events can have fatal consequences, depending on the roll of a die, but success means that you achieved more than you ever would without taking the risk.

-----

That’s pretty much it. Noia compared it to a forum style ‘The Sims’ and that is sort of  what I was going for. I wanted to have something 100% stress free. (Now just wait until I roll 1s and everyone dies because of a meteor falling on their heads).

Uh, sure. I can be a guinea pig in this. That "100% stress free" sold me xDDDD

No this actually reminds me more of the game Alter Ego. Which I'm sure many of us here know about already.

But yes, I'd like to be in on this! I'm quite bad at such games cuz I make terrible decisions and also have bad luck to boot. But it sounds like fun!

Yes, I actually linked that game to Alisyn a while ago when telling her about my game.

Me

But don't fault me if the whims of fate make me stab another character, which would be understandably very stressful for them.

During each Turn you can perform Activities.

What does this entail?

(basically is this going to be a lot of work >.>)

Apparently 1 example was fishing.

Most likely we just declare what we do and seanzi rolls the outcome.

But I mean each phase is one-two turns. Does that mean we only pick 1-2 things to do for each stage of life?

I mean, what if I say "make a sandwich" in midlife, is that to represent that phase, or are we to list a bunch of things? Or pick bigger and more general things?

I guess I'm in. Watch my alter ego spiral from young prodigy to global terrorist! *misses the point*

If anything, it'll be a lot of work for me.

You can choose to make a sandwich, but something like that would have no influence on your character's stats.

And I forgot to mention that you can perform 3 activities per Turn.

ALSO!

Participants fill out this sheet:

Name:

Goal:

Strengths:

Remember that for each strength you will get a weakness of roughly equal level.

Name: Maximillion Valentino III
Goal: To own a successful Maid Cafe in Tokyo.
Strengths: Creative, Knowledgeable, Perceptive

actually, yeah good point, I think I messed up >_>

CHANGE OF PLANS WITH REGARDS TO STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES

Everyone gets to pick 3 Skills as their 'Strengths' and I will assign 3 Skills as their 'Weaknesses'. This determines speed of your character's progression through these skills.

edited to suit new requirements. 

Name: Hannah Horatia Hillary Hamilton

Goal: To make the world a happier place

Strengths: Charismatic, Perceptive, Deceptive

So many fancy names for such a small town

Anyway, added HHHH.

I like how every one has a default 10/10 relationship with parents x: