Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DayDreamer

Another DnD 4e Skype game {Open for 1-2}

58 posts in this topic

I've always been interested in doing a Dark Sun game; I'd play parallel versions of these characters if we do decide to go with it.

Bumping to let you all know that sign ups are open for 1 more. Games are on Tuesday at 8AM EST/2PM CEST/8PM Singapore Time.

*raises hand* Uhm. I could commit to that. (I was thinking it was Saturday when I told you I couldn't HH) But I'm really new and not quick at learning games so if you all don't want me, I -completely- understand. :x

Oh did i mislead you? I'm sorry if i made you think it was saturday!

Anyway it's fine to be new. I'm also quite n00bish myself but the best way to get out of it is to get into more games and learn, right? If one's slow at learning games it only means you must join -more- of them, not less.

If she's gonna play Controller there are 2 very easy classes to play and I can explain the basics to her.

STUFF

Okay so Sean has sorted his own items and I worked out with him what Ice will have. For those yet to finalize their new characters, you have:

HH: 88g, 270sp. Level 4 and Level 5 Magic item x 1 each.

Eth: 38g, 270sp. Level 5 Magic item x 2.

Just copy your other non-magic items and money from your previous characters, add the above money to yourself, then sell anything you don't want for 100%. Likewise if Noia wants to change any of her gear, you can sell things at 100% for now.

CHARACTER STUFF

The character creation rules have some additions. Anything in bold is new stuff to consider.

- All classes are allowed. Arcane and Divine classes subject to some modifications/restrictions.

- Races are PHB1 only, plus Mul, Thri-Kreen, Half-Giant, Kalashtar, Genasi, Minotaur

- Everyone gets 2 Houseruled feats: 'Melee Training (x)' and 'y Expertise'. (With x being the relevant Ability and y being the relevant Weapon group).

- Everyone also gets to choose one Background (from Dark Sun options only), and one Dark Sun Theme (from any book).

- Everyone also gets to choose one Wild Talent utility power.

- In the "Manage" tab of the character builder, look at the Optional Details. Tick Dark Sun and Inherent Bonuses.

RULES

- When you roll a natural 1 on an attack roll using a nonmetal weapon, the item breaks. When you roll a natural 1 on an attack roll using a metal weapon, roll a d20. If the result is another 1, the item breaks. Everyone's starting items are nonmetal. There is a flat stat bonus that will be applied to all characters per level, to ensure loss of a magic item does not ruin your balance. (at Level 3: Attack/damage rolls get +1. Does not stack with attack/damage bonuses from magic items, so only apply that bonus if you do not have a magic item that boosts your attack and damage rolls - ie, most weapons).

- When you roll a natural 20 on an attack roll (AKA crit), you may choose a specific location to strike the enemy. The enemy will take the crit damage as well as additional penalties based on the area struck (leg hits slow movement, arm hits confer an attack penalty, attacking the eyes confers an attack penalty, attacking any generally vital locations will confer a defense penalty. Specifics TBA).

ARCANE POWER

This only applies to Ice presently, but I might as well paste the info here for quick reference:

When you use any arcane power, you can choose to defile, destroying mundane plant life within at least 1 square ofyou. When you use a daily arcane attack power, the damage to the world extends out a number of squares equal to half the level of the power you use. This destruction does not normally affect creatures or terrain, though defiled squares might become defiled terrain (described in the Dark Sun Creature Catalog) at the Dungeon Master’s discretion. You are considered to be preserving unless you choose to defile. If you have at least one arcane daily attack power, you gain the Arcane Defiling power (add it to powers via the houserule button).

Arcane magic is illegal and can attract hostility, so a spellcaster often needs to conceal its use. When you use an arcane power without using arcane defiling, you can disguise the magic as another type of power, such
as primal or psionic. Most people can’t distinguish between types of magic. The Dungeon Master might require a Bluff check to disguise arcane magic when it is performed in the presence of enemies familiar with psionic or arcane power, such as templars, defil ers, or nobles. If a spellcaster is defiling, he or she cannot disguise the arcane magic because of the visible effect on the environment.

Okay we're looking for new person(s) again. We are on a 3-week break currently so it would not start till like halfway through September.

Currently OPEN. The current group is available Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, and we could start between like 11AM to 2PM GMT0, lasting for 2.5 hours.

We are seeking 1-2 people.

"The only real requirement is that you can make it every week. While I understand if you cant make it once or twice, I'd rather not have to keep cancelling sessions. Oh! and that you have Skype of course. A working mic isn't necessary, but would be helpful."

We're doing 4e, in the Dark Sun setting. Drop interest here, there's plenty of time to get up to speed with the particulars before we resume again.