Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seanzilla

Sean's Game of Life

107 posts in this topic

Sean’s Game of Life

Chapter I: Infancy.

Strangely enough, in the year 1990 a lot of children were born in Surreality. Despite the fact that the total town population was no more than 1000, there were 30 births recorded in that very year.

You are one of these children.

As an infant, everything is interesting and wondrous in this world. You are tiny bundle of endless energy, optimism and curiosity who vastly enriches the lives of your parents. When you were first brought home, they showed you your room.

Over the course of your infancy, they bought you many toys and read you numerous stories before going to bed. These events, while seemingly insignificant, did play a part in laying the foundations of your personality as you grow up.

The first chapter is unique, in that you as an infant had little control over your life, but I need you to answer these questions:

• What did your room look like?
  • What was the first word you ever spoke?
  • What kind of toys did your parents buy you?
  • What kind of stories did they read to you?
  • Which one of your parents showed you the most affection?
  • And finally, which infants did you go on playdates with?

My room was painted with a mural of a fantasy world where adventures were had and dragons soared the skies.

The first word I ever spoke was "mum".

My parents bought me brightly coloured, educational toys that helped to develop the growing mind of an infant, such as mobiles, plush toys, coloured building blocks and toys that made various animal noises when you pushed on the corresponding creature.

My parents read me moral stories such as the hungry caterpillar and the ugly duckling. These books were of course colourful picture books.

My mother showed me the most affection.

As an infant I spent most of my play dates with Weston Finagle, Tachimitsu Okinawa and Inigo Harts and Kiara Nagoshi.

My room is decorated in different shades of purples and blues. My walls were blue, my crib was purple, my stuffed animals were all sorts of colors. And my room was right by my parents so they could hear me.

My first word was Baba- the stuffed sheep my mother got me.

Most of my toys were building blocks. My father always built buildings around Baba and I had to destroy it to save her from the bad guy.

My stories consisted of books where the bad guys never won.

My father showed me the most affection because my mother was always in the hospital. Baba was the most she could give to me before she died.

My playdates usually ended up being with Maxy, Weston, Hannah, and Tachi. Weston threw Baba at me one time. I threw my rattle at his head while screaming~

My room had a ceiling painted blue with white little clouds while my wall paper had soccer balls and red racing cars as a design. My crib was plain wood but my other furniture had bright colours. 

"Car" in reference to my toy car I always played with.

My parents brought me lots of stuffed animals, mostly bears but a lot of others too. My father bought me racing cars, firetrucks and soccer balls to play around with. When I was old enough my parents bought me a bicycle to ride around the street.

My parents told me a wide variety of stories. Some were nonsensical about the animal kingdom, one story about a sloth springs to mind, it had it's birthday and had to climb down from the tree, and when the sloth finally reached the bottom of the tree, the party was already over, so it had to climb back up. I used to love that story. Other stories my parents told me were about children (or animals) who had lost something or were lost themselves and their journey to find what they had lost or to find home again.

My mother nurtured and loved me, yet my father often played soccer with me or took me to the local soccer club. I loved the sounds and business of the stadiums.

My parents often let me play together with Weston, Samantha, Kiara and (*insert name of Demonic Gate's character here*)

What did your room look like?

• I had a relatively simple room. It was a neutral, pastel yellow with a soft white carpet. My crib was made of sturdy white plastic, but inside was filled with a fuzzy purple blanket with a glow-in-the-dark mobile of the solar system hanging low enough for me to touch if I reached up and some bells hanging off the sides that I could touch and ring (distracted me a lot at night so I didn't cry for my parents). The floor itself was scattered with my toys more often than not, though Daddy was good at putting them away.

What was the first word you ever spoke?

• Papa

What kind of toys did your parents buy you?

• Mostly stuff with moving/mobile parts and flashed/made noises. The kind with beads that you slid along bent metal paths, stuff that lit up and made sounds when you pressed them, building blocks, etc. Also puzzle stuff like fitting shapes into the right holes and whatever.

What kind of stories did they read to you?

• The normal fairytales for children? With dragons and princesses and knights in shining armor and happy endings. Or my mom's papers on quantum physics, when she came home.

Which one of your parents showed you the most affection?

• My father. Mommy was too busy with her research, but Daddy more than made up for it.

And finally, which infants did you go on playdates with?

• Maximillion Valentino III, Weston Finagle, Kiara Nagoshi, Franz Liebert

I didn't have a room. I was found in a box under a pool table in a pub.

Vodka

Coasters

Viz

The fruit machine

Maximillion, Franz, Inigo, David {all males, natually}

2 people like this

Much could be said about my room as an infant. A classical style of hardwood floors, large windows and a small chimney decorated much of the room, as we lived with a small amount of wealth. My crib was painted black and I recall the furniture in the room to be of a Rococo style. 

According to my parents, the first word I spoke with any competence was "dog". We had a large Irish Terrier named O'Malley whom was like a guardian to me when I was a babe.

Ah yes, I actually preserved the playthings of my youth. I recall my parents bringing over old toys of theirs from Germany and the UK. I had a pull along duck, one or two very valuable tin wind up toys, and one of my personal favorites, a stuffed bear that my grandmother, from my father's side, had sewn for me. Yes yes, Johan the bear's name was.

My parents would tell me stories such as the normal Fairy Stories and legends of their countries, but at an early age they began reading me some of the more child-friendly Shakespeare works and perhaps one of the more influential book series my parents read to me at a young age being "The Chronicles of Narnia".

Both of my parents loved me dearly. I could never be able to say which loved me more. 

I recall several playmates as a child. Kiara, Tachi, Weston, Hannah and Emma stuck out to me at an early age and my parents agreed that they would most likely be the best influences on me growing up.

1 person likes this

My room was painted ocean blue with red, black and white stripes along the middle. Various musical notations were also painted onto the walls and some leftover band posters from before the room was repurposed into the baby's room. It seemed large only because my toys were kept downstairs, therefore less mess. Much of my furniture were made from scratch by my dad and grandpa aside from my dresser that was passed down through my mother's family since my great-great-grandma.

"Diddy" (daddy)

Aside from the typical teddies and dolls, I had plenty of noise-making, nursery-rhyme signing, interactive playthings. I was especially fond of my teddy, Charles, and my toy piano.

I was probably read all of the Berenstain Bears. Other stories I could remember were Frog and Toad, Dr. Seuss, and different variations of fair tales.

Father. He originally hoped for a boy but fell in love with his little girl.

I GUESS I WAS ALL ALONE. ;___; 

I spent most of my time playing with Max, Hannah and Franz along with a couple of cousins.

It was a room painted in soothing pastel hues, with a wallpaper decorated with pictures of farm animals. The crib was, ironically, a flat-packed light blue thing from IKEA.

What was your first spoken word?

"Cat." My parents loved animals and I grew up with a couple of cats, one a massive black-and-white one with a scar over one eye, a missing tail and a propensity for beating up large dogs.

What kind of toys did you play with?

My first toy was a set of building blocks. I would never follow the instruction manual if given a model kit, which would become the source of my lifelong vendetta against IKEA furniture.

What kind of books did your parents read you?

The typical stuff, like old fables and classic fairy tales -- along with a lot of non-fiction, factual books about rockets or dinosaurs or things like that.

Which parent were you closer to?

Mother. Father worked long hours.

Which children did you SOCIAL LINK SOCIAL LINK SOCIAL LINK

Apparently, I was quite a popular kid, but I spent more time with Maximilian, Tachimitsu, Inigo and Kiara.

Dear Diary,

I'm too young to write in diary now, so my parents will be doing so on my behalf until I'm old enough to! My name is Inigo Harts. "Inigo" means "my little love", because I'm the first ever child they had and am therefore very pwecious! My parents were very excited about me, and wanted to write it all down so that I can read it someday and remember how much they've always loved me!

I shared the master bedroom with my parents so that I could always be close to them! It's quite spacious even with the king-sized bed backed against the western wall, the wardrobe occupying the northern wall next to the door and my white crib next to the window on the southern wall.

The mural on the eastern wall depicts cartoonish sheep jumping over a fence! Like the other walls, the dominant colors were sky blue and the wool white, cuz that's supposed to help me sleep better. But guess what? They painted it themselves by projecting the negative digital image over the wall and painting over it! Here's a tile sample of the design:

My parents are such geniuses. ^^

"Mummy?" But I said it to daddy cuz he was telling me that mummy was feeling unwell and couldn't come too near to me in case it made me distressed. It made mummy very happy when she learned about it though!

They bought hand puppets to be my friends! There was Woofy the courageous dog, Veggie the timid sheep and Aroo! the crafty wolf!

The Faraway Tree series! I did love the illustrations of Moonface so and would try to touch the illustration whenever with my tiny hand. They sometimes read me other short stories that were also written by Enid Blyton.

Mummy and daddy can't agree, so they'll agree to disagree (this means to say that they both treated me equally affectionately).

I had a curious affinity with little Allie, Emmy, Hannah and Sammi. My parents thought we were cute together!

My room was filled with gadgets and devices, which have fascinated me since I remember. Of note, there were several computers and a server machine against the wall, although simple things like calculators and phones fascinated me as well.

What was your first spoken word?

"Beep." I was imitating the sound of the computer start up process.

What kind of toys did you play with?

I was never in a shortage of toys, ranging from building blocks to figurines to educational games. My favourite set of toys were a set of Power Ranger figurines and their Megazord.

What kind of books did your parents read you?

They read a lot of fiction books to me, from reputable authors such as Enid Blyton. They also bought me a tiny encyclopedia set meant for children called "Why is...?"

Which parent were you closer to?

Father, because he spent the most time reading to me.

Which children did you SOCIAL LINK SOCIAL LINK SOCIAL LINK

Apart from those which had spent time with me (Maximillion, Kiara, Franz, Hannah and Weston), I also Social Linked with Inigo, Emma, Allie and Samantha.

I shared a room with my mother, so it wasn't a traditional baby room, but more of an adult's room with a crib at the side. There would be my mother's bed, and her wardrobe with toys in it.

"don't", when I first saw my father hitting my mother.

There were a lot of random stuff. Mainly Barbie dolls, but there were also plush toys.

My mother read Looney Tunes stories. We used to have a cupboard of big Looney Tunes book things. Her English was pretty poor so from very young I took the books from her and read them on my own. I mainly loved when she commented on the pictures.

I think I had the same amount of affection from both of them, but shown in different ways. My father loved to nuzzle with me when I was younger. I could feel his stubble against my face -- quite rough.

I was really shy around kids so I would much rather stay at home with the adults. As a result I didn't have many friends, but I knew Kiara from down the block. And my parents knew Inigo's parents so they made us play together too. And I think I went to the same nursery with Tachimitsu.

Whitewashed walls, but I made up for it by scribbling colourful doodles and images all over the slabs of concrete. Sometimes boogers will end up on it too. There isn't much toys in the room, as my family wasn't too well off at that point of time. It wasn't a problem though; I preferred climbing and drooling all over the furniture anyway.

'HALLO'.

My dad was usually in charge of toy purchases. His choice of toys mainly included LEGOs and toy cars. My mother brought me out once to pick a toy though. We entered a thrift shop and ended up settling down on a doll, as 'my father don't understand he's just buying the toys he wanted to play with'. I didn't know any better and just thrashed around. A little toy mouse ended up getting knocked off my shelf and falling off into the umbrella my mother was carrying around. No one found out. I managed to acquire myself a bonus toy that day.

The little men series, picture books, fables... My dad bought me a huge atlas too. I apparently pored over the countries and their information for hours on end. 

Both of them loved me equally. And gave me tons of petty change to put in my piggy bank.

Parents were chummy with Franz, David, Tachi and Inigo's folks. I managed to get exposure to the kiddies through their bonds too. My father's boyish toys really came in handy during those situations. I still spent more time chilling with my mother in the long run though. She taught me much about the apparent harshness of life, even though I was merely a babbling mess at that point of time.

1 person likes this

Chapter II: Childhood (Kindergarten)

In the eyes of a parent time flies in the blink of an eye, and as such these infants were suddenly ready for their first day of kindergarten. Despite everyone’s fondness for children, we tend to forget that they are as cruel as is humanly possible. A lack of empathy leads to no one leaving kindergarten unharmed:

Max was an incredibly shy child and had difficulty interacting with his class.

Hannah was scarred over what she had witnessed (even if she didn’t fully understand what happened).

Weston preferred to keep to himself.

Samantha learned how to lie and got into trouble for it.

Inigo got bullied because he preferred to play with girls.

Emma got frustrated because she didn’t understand how her beloved music worked.

Tachimitsu’s sleeping conditions led to him going insane, which led to everyone avoiding him.

David had trouble making friends because no one wanted to play with him.

Kiara being smarter and stronger than most kids lead to her becoming somewhat of a bully.

Allie was smart, but had a lot of trouble expressing herself and making friends

Kiora grew up a lot faster than her peers, but was also shunned because of how weird she was.

Franz had a lot of friends, but this lead to jealousy and other children being exceptionally cruel to him.

-----

How did your Kindergarten days go? Tell me the 4 people you interacted with and the 3 activities you took part in.

Since the town is rather small, we were all in the same kindergarten. I became friends with Weston, and started to stick to Samantha because she seemed like a nice person. I also became a lot more chatty and less lonely. Inigo and Tachimitsu were familiar people in my childhood and I sat with them in class too (but I was a little scared of boys so I preferred hanging around Samantha even if she had many other friends).

But school and friends were like a reprieve from the uncertainty of home, and so I enjoyed the company of these people even if I wasn't a very interesting person to them.

My 3 activities:

1. read a lot

2. watch a lot of cartoons

3. write my first story!

Yeah my life wasn't particularly meaningful in childhood.

My early childhood was an important part of my life, without a doubt. I learned one of the more important lessons you can learn fairly early, being, "People can be cruel." I grew to accept this fact even at my young age. The child I tended to favor as playmates varied for the most part but I found myself gravitating towards. Weston was, from my point of view, my 'best friend'. The one I tended to be around the most. My secondary friends which I could refer to as my 'close friends' were Emma, whose love for music drew me towards her, and Tachi who loved playing super robot heroes had a natural Creativeness to him that I felt was quite important in a friend. My tertiary friend who I would refer to as my "good friend" was Kiara. She tended to be more brash than the rest which kept me away, but she also stuck up for me from the more...prominent cruelties...

Of course there was home. Mother and father always caring deeply for me, though they realized they did not love one another as much as they used to. They willingly stayed together for me, but allowed themselves to meet new people, to understand if this growing distance was a necessity. Though the men and women they brought home seemed just as kind.

As I grew, I found myself growing fond of certain day to day activities that kept me entertained the most. A love of learning, reading, and cultural study fascinated me the most. My parents would tell me of their trips to the many places around the world and would buy me picture books with images of these places and that they promised to take me to them one day.

The days of my early childhood, though long, did not last forever. They were quite influential and important to me developing as a child, and I wouldn't have changed any of it.

While childhood had its troubles, it was still all in all a happy time. I had some friends in Franz and Hannah, even if Franz was picked on by the other kids and Hannah always seemed a little sad for whatever reason. I tried to approach Max and Tachi too, but they were rather withdrawn -- Max due to his shyness, and Tachi... was just different. He said he someday wanted to be G*ndam, which was a little strange. I heard you got a lot bigger when you grew up, but certainly not THAT big. Perhaps he was going to drink three times more milk than everyone else.

I spent my childhood reading and drawing. Children could be cruel, and immersing myself in these activities gave me solace from their histrionics. I also learnt words like "histrionics" from said reading, which was a handy side benefit.

Eventually, I came to realize that there were more cats in the neighborhood beyond just the trio who ruled my household, and sometimes I snuck food out of my lunchbox to feed them. My parents got worried I might catch something nasty from them, but they didn't have the heart to stop me and nothing really came out of it.

Hannah

Made a new friend in kindergarten; my social circle was slowly, but surely, expanding. The teachers weren't too fond of my attempts to sneak into the pantry and steal treats, but at least it gained me an unofficial title as the class's secret snack dealer. Other than these infrequent bouts of mischievousness, life went on as usual with my new buddy. We'd spend our free time combing out and braiding hairs while the rest engaged in their own relaxation activities. 

David

I remembered being quite impressed with David's athletic feats during PE classes. He was already running circles around the school's playground while I was still fumbling about with the balance beams. Sometimes we'd race each other, and get berated by the teachers for going too fast and endangering the other kids. But I suppose the thrills were well worth the scoldings.

Tachi

Tachi was strange. He'd get full marks for all his homework; even the icky maths ones. Tried copying his answers once, but he turned his head towards me and beeped my gaze away.

Franz

Franz attracted the extremes of both worlds. I decided to try giving him one of the cookies I borrowed from the pantry after seeing one of the mean kids push him around. We didn't exactly turn into overnight best friends, but at least he was willing to help me out with some mild tutoring whenever I failed to get Tachi to 'assist' me. I was better with my hands, so sometimes we'd trade homework answers for cookies too.

Activities

• Took an interest in PE lessons after getting inspired by David's show of skill.
  • Enjoyed crafting, as it was the only 'class' I really excelled in.
  • Brought a mantaray plush to show-and-tell. It was a hit.

It was hard for such a young child, being superior in strength and intelligence, to hold back when she wanted something and knew she had the power to get it. Her father had taught her to stick up for herself and get what she wanted. This came to be quite a hardship for her to overcome because she lost friends when striving for what she wanted. It was a true win/lose situation for her.

So who she interacted with and how she interacted dwindled to very few. In fact, she felt a need to force some friendships to keep them from breaking entirely. Max was one of these friendships. She felt the strings breaking between them from how she used to be able to get him to play with her and Baba and now, he rarely spoke to her. So she made special forceful efforts with him. When she had good ideas for games during recess, she’d run straight to Max and beg for him to play with her, tugging on him and whining should he ever refuse.

With Weston, she had a bit of a smoother exchange with. She got so frustrated with him when he didn’t chatter away with her when she did and that was the main thing she bothered with about him. She’d mock him, saying things she’d heard her father say to his friends, like “Cat got your tongue?†But that would be the extent of it. She liked Weston as a friend of hers and so felt little urge to bully him. She would often try to partner up with him during buddy-ups because he still showed her kindness and he was an entire 4-year friend.

Tachi was a very different story, though. She constantly picked on Tachi. He was always grabbing the glitters and glues during arts and crafts, taking the colored markers that she desperately needed to finish her pictures. Every time. It made her mad and she was not beyond shoving him and stealing ‘her’ utensils back. Still, there was something she did that was notable enough to call them ‘friends’. The other bullies, the older ones, they would also pick on Tachi because he was so weird. This made Kiara furious and she was constantly in and out of the principal’s office for punching the older kids or making them cry using other methods. Her excuse for it was always the same, though, when they asked why she hurt the other bullies when she herself bullied Tachi. “No one picks on Tachi but me!†She would then proceed to cross her arms and pout.

Franz was another kid she seemed to be growing protective of because she remembered playing with him when they were younger and hated how almost everyone picked on him. Including herself. She was like a mother to him, though. A horrible mother. For example, she once got him to go to the muddy spot in the playground and found a worm. She had convinced him, through many lies, to eat it. She cracked up at first… until he started getting sick. Then she started crying and dragged him quickly to the teacher so she could take care of him.

As for her outside hobbies, she tended to play around a lot at home.

Her father would buy her spy and ninja movies after listening to her beg for them and she could watch one movie over a hundred times.

It was because of these movies that she played ‘Spy’ in the house. She would use her hands to make a gun and hide behind walls, under chairs and beds, anywhere she could find and try to hit her Father with fake bullets. If he refused to play with her, she would simply set her stuffed animals up and throw Baba at them from different angles to take them out. Or she’d just imagine her enemies(you can’t miss an enemy that isn’t there).

What she loved most, though, was when her father and her had to clean up her mess of toys after playing because he made it fun. He would put on her favorite theme music(Kim Possible) and she had to get all of her toys cleaned up before the song ended. If she ever started falling behind, he would help her. It was sort of her “Lava Floor†game.

Tachi

I think a lot of kids might have felt Tachi was a little odd, but I looked up to him. He was a dreamer. He saw the world in a unique way, and didn't let the constraints of infancy have any effect on his goals for the future. Mostly though, he had cool toys and would always play such fun games, which fuelled my imagination. 

Kiara

Although I still spent time with Kiara, it was usually only when she forced me to. Girls were beginning to make me incredibly nervous. Kiara was about the only one I could manage to interact with, but even now I could feel our relationship beginning to strain. I used to worry that my shyness would cause her to stop liking me. 

Weston

Weston was quite popular but always seemed to play with Tachi, myself and Inigo. I felt most comfortable around a group of boys, they didn't make me anywhere near as nervous. I was too young to understand at the time that I feared the disapproval of women. 

Inigo

I enjoyed spending time with Inigo. He was very confident around everyone. I wished I could be more like him in that respect. 

Activities:

• Reading comic books
  • Watching cartoon shows
  • Drawing

Weston

He's quite a nice boy, I think. Quiet, creative, intelligent to boot! I'm not sure why the other kids didn't like to hang with him. But what do they know? Only the strongest gets to become G*ndam. Maybe one day I'll help him become a G*ndam too. For now, I'll content myself with sitting next to him and showing my Megazord to him. Surely he must appreciate its awesomeness!

Hannah

I sniffed her hair and she didn't mind. I think we're hitting it off splendidly.

Allie

She makes beeping noises too! We seem to be on the same wavelength. Perhaps I'll tell her about my grand plan to construct a Megazord in the future. I'll ask her if she wants a Zord of her own.

Kiara

Oh, the provider of stationery and other miscellaneous products! She always has plenty of stuff for me to use, even though she is a little rough with her actions at times. But I don't blame her. She even attacks the older kids while I'm busy saving the world with Megazord! Maybe I'll consider giving her the position of Yellow Ranger. Because Yellow Ranger is a girl, you know.

Activities:

• Watched 'The Terminator' with parents. Got inspired to build one in the future.
  • Started learning how to play the piano.
  • Experimented with disassembling toys and combining them in creative ways.

Dear Diary,

I've started kindergarten now! My parents can't believe how fast time has flown; pretty soon, I'll be able to write in the diary myself. My spelling and vocabulary is really good. The other day, I managed to spell 'environment' right! 'En-vi-ron-ment', that's a pretty long word.

I was actually rather popular with the girls, which made daddy say,"Yep, that's my boy alright!" There are four girls whom I seemed to be quite smitten and spend all my time with.

Emma

I tried to charm her with a love poem once. I told my parents about it in advance, so our parents were all gathered around when I sang it to her. Daddy said it was "cheesy as hell!" But mummy shushed him and said it was cute. Emma herself didn't seem too impressed though; she kinda yawned.  

Daddy saw it and quipped," Yup, story of my life. I see it runs in the family blood."

Hannah

Hannah always seemed worried, so I would sit next to her during recess breaks and lend her an listening ear. Sometimes we would reenact a scene I saw from tv. The girl lies down on a comfortable sofa (although we had to make do with a wooden bench in the edge of the field). The man wears serious spectacles (I made a pair for myself using wire), sit somewhere near her head and listen to her talk.

It's pretty difficult for me, because I'm so used to doing all the talking. But the man spoke in the tv show and the girl scolded him. I don't want to make Hannah angry.

Kiara & Tachi

Kiara was a pretty tough girl even at that age. The bullies caught me talking to Tachi once and started pushing the "girly boy and the looney bin" about. Kiara saved the both of us, so my parents were very thankful for her. I apparently wanted to be strong like her and so, near the end of kindergarten, I asked to learn judo. With Tachi's Megazoid, Kiara's Ninjitsu and my Judo, we'll push back the bullies!

Activities

1. I started learning Hiphop Dance because daddy said that's how you impress the girls!

2. I started learning Judo near the end of kindergarten to push back against the bullies!

3. I also chatted with girls a lot.

Tachi

So, in Kindergarten, I met this kid named Tachi. What attracted me to him first was that he kept making these funny noises. And he would bring all sorts of cool toys to school--stuff with buttons that you pressed and numbers would show up. I got pretty into numbers really fast--Daddy was so proud when I would come home with 100% on my addition and subtraction sheets and tell me that he couldn't do that good himself. I think he was lying, but he was being nice, so that was okay.

Inigo

Inigo's fun. He plays with me even when nobody else does. Maybe it's because we played with each other when we were littler, but I'm fine with that.

Kiara

I liked Kiara because she was so strong--none of the boys picked on her. Except she picked on Tachi, and that's not nice. If she doesn't stop being mean to him, I'm going to stop playing with her!

Weston

HE KNOWS A LOT OF CATS! They're so soft and warm.... sometimes we both go find them during lunch to feed them. A couple of them scratched me when I hugged them, but I didn't mind. Daddy was worried when he saw the scratches on my arm and poured lots of an-ti-spe-tic on them, and it hurt, but then everything was okay.

Activities

- Loved learning how to read and do math, and was good at it. Hated writing, though.

- Played with Tachi's electronic "toys" (calculators, etc.) and begged my parents for one of my own (I eventually received a rather fancy one with lots of buttons and liked sharing it with Tachi)

- Arts and crafts. I especially loved making patterns--beads on a string, coloring a grid in a very specific way, making symmetrical macaroni pictures, etc.

Kiora didn't really interact with anyone at this age. She was the outsider of the group, and kindergarten for her, was at the pub where she lived. (In a room above the bar obviously, not in the actual pub itself)

Her playmates were the punters of the pub, mostly in the garden as children are allowed out there. Most of her interactions were with adults, not children. For this reason, she's used to being the centre of attention.

Activites:

- dancing (with an audience, of course. It's more like bopping and arm waving though)

- singing/screaming

- running around, a lot. There are many people to see in a pub, ya know!