Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seanzilla

Sean's Game of Life

107 posts in this topic

Samantha

I often went running or racing with Samatha, she was one of the few kids who could keep up with me and not stop after 10 minutes. Besides racing Samantha often dared me into doing bad things as stealing candy from the store, teaching me how to be quick with my hands.

Kiara

We kept playing together, often playing hide and seek, although Kiara was better at hiding, I think I was better at running.

Franz

Although he seemed to think very high of himself Franz actually seemed to be a great guy.

James Lauda

One of the other boys in his class was James, who also liked to race and run, although he was a rather saint, disproving of all things bad.

Activities:

- Racing, running, anything to compete with others.

- Often went looking for cats, to catch them and bring them back to their owners, even if they weren't lost...

- Went to the racetrack with my father, which was even more awesome than a soccer stadium! Although I didn't quite understand what was going on.

Inigo

Inigo sang to me once in front of people. I didn't really understand what he meant of it and he was looking to me for a response. It was out of the blue and I didn't know what to do, so I just started sharing music with him during school.

Franz

I received a lot of encouragement from Franz when my little babby-mind couldn't get a grasp all this music jazz, including jazz! Thanks to him I remained determined and consider him a very close friend of mine.

David

Whenever I could, I would reach out to David. He seemed lonely and I would try to cheer him up with with my trademarked air-guitar moves. I'm not sure if he cared about it much but I sure had fun!

Alfred Budny

I remained pretty close with my cousin, though I think I annoyed him with my "manager", Charles the Bear. He's just jealous.

Activities:

- Saved up my allowance to buy a CD player and "borrowed" my parents CDs.

- Joined the school's choir.

- Got really into video games, mostly rhythm genres. I also liked horror games, much to my poor daddy's dismay.

Sean’s Game of Life

Chapter III: Childhood (Elementary School)

Kindergarten days soon passed and it was time for the children to move on to elementary school. All the kids their age moved on with them, but in elementary school they were met by a fresh group of faces. Children from many small neighbouring towns (and even some children from Twilight!) came to the Surreality elementary school. The children didn’t know it yet, but they were stuck with these same thirty kids for the next 12 years.

Maximillion’s shyness influenced his relationships with the girls in his class. Most of his interactions with girls were one-sided, coming from their side. Despite this reluctance to hang out with most girls, Weston and Kiara were his best friends. The three of them would form a tight clique during elementary school.

Hannah was a hard person to stick around to, but she managed to find people who could handle her sadness. Inigo and Tachi were her best friends, even if they didn’t like each other that much, but Inigo was the one she was closest to.

Weston was a popular kid, despite his preference to sit by himself and draw. He was close friends with Franz and Tachi, but Kiara and Max were the closest. The three of them would form a tight clique during elementary school.

Samantha had grown a lot when she entered elementary school. After learning how to lie she also learned how to charm people and could even run away if something didn’t work out. Tachi and David were her best friends, even if they didn’t like each other at all, but she was closest to David.

Inigo’s traumatic kindergarten days led to him learning martial arts and dancing. For a child, he had become a skilled fighter and no one was able to bully him any longer. At least not without tasting concrete. He hung round with a lot of people, but his best friend was Hannah.

Emma was a star in the making. Creative and with a distinct charm, but despite that she had only few real friends. Inigo was one of them, but she was closest to Franz.

Tachimitsu dreamt of building a robot. He was weird. His closest friends were Allie, Hannah and Weston, but because he and Max were indifferent Tachimitsu did not join the clique.

David hung out with a few other kids, but the only one he considered a real friend was Samantha. They got pretty close. David’s life took a turn for the worse due to his mother’s sudden passing. A tragic car accident with a drunk driver ended her life. The fact that he was the fastest kid in school was a sore consolation prize.

Kiara was hated by a lot of children during kindergarten and elementary school. She wasn’t much smarter or stronger than them anymore, but she didn’t relent. Which lead to her getting hurt more often than not. She was close to Franz and Tachi, but closest to Max and Weston. The three of them would form a tight clique during elementary school.

Allie was incredibly intelligent for her age. When entering elementary school she had already reached high school level with math and reading. She also developed a creative side during kindergarten, but none of this changed that she had but few friends. Other than Tachi there was no one she was close to or would even consider a genuine friend.

Kiora grew up to be even weirder. Raised in a pub and surrounded by adults she quickly learned how to charm people. As a result disliked hanging around with children, much preferring the company of older men. Eww.

Franz had grown closest to Emma, Weston and Kiara during kindergarten and he considered Weston his best friend, but Weston clearly preferred to hang around with Kiara and Max, which lead to Franz feeling slightly excluded. Like Tachi, he couldn’t become a part of the clique because he did not get along with Max, at all. Eventually he ended up becoming real close to Emma.

-----

Tell me about your elementary school days. Did you partake in any afterschool activities? Did you have any hobbies? I’d also like to know the 4 people you interacted with the most and the 3 most important activities you took part in.

(OOC: I don’t mind if you guys write a wall of text, á la DG/Ice, but could you underline the interactions and activities so I can find them easily.)

Elementary school was the time when my life began to change drastically. My mother and father finally chose to part ways with their marriage. Father moved back to Germany to find himself, according to what he described to me, and mother stayed here with me. Nonetheless, father wrote to me twice a month to update me and ask me how I was doing. We were far, but close. He told me...in the near future, you may choose to come stay with me for a time. Mother agreed that I should spend a summer or a Christmas with him. I decided I would when I was ready. I will of course go into detail of this trip once it comes up later in this portion of my memoir. Until then, I was growing up and my life was becoming quite a journey.

Emma

As the years continued she began to...stick out to me more. I had attempted to be friends with some of the 'guys', but it just didn't end up working well. Especially when the popular games of the class towards the later years began to become very...life threatening. I was no fool, in fact I recall a boy from our class dying because of the so called, "Fish Game" Which involved you staying underwater for as long as you could, even when it started to hurt. Oh, but I apologize for going into a dark corner there, this is meant to be about my history with Emma in this collection of years. She began to understand the music she so loved more and more, and I helped as best I could, as mother signed me up for Harp lessons and I grew fond of the instrument. We began having a connection when we would either listen to music or would simply be around one another.

The year we both turned 10 was the year I was to go to Germany for a summer holiday to see father and he told me to bring a friend if their parents allowed it. I jumped at the chance to bring Emma along. We left at the end of June and were there until mid-August. We stayed in my father's home in Dusseldorf, a beautiful place, and we would take walks almost everyday. I learned to speak German fluently while there, and I helped Emma learn to. But of course the night I remember most was the night my father took us to the opera in Berlin to see "The Magic Flute". An opera written by Mozart. It was a comedy and fantastical, so I enjoyed it very much, as I was still at the age where things like talking singing birds were mystifying to me. But of course this trip soon came to an end and when we parted ways upon returning home, Emma kissed my cheek and thanked me for a wonderful summer. It was the first time I think I felt that thud in my chest...the desire to be near her more. Other than that trip, our early school lives together were increasingly close and I would never trade those day for anything else...

Tachi

As we grew older, the only 'guy' friend I really had was Tachi. Arguably I wasn't truly part of the 'inner circle' of his group, but I hoped to keep at least one male friend for my school years. After all, what boy between the ages of 7 and 12 doesn't want to be part of a close-knit group of guys, riding bikes and swimming during the summers, and having snowball fights and sledding in the winter? Of course, I decided to branch out, and I actually ended up finding a friend in a new child who went to our school that was introduced in the latter portion of 5th grade. He was an exchange student from Turkey, his name being Hasad Demir. For the short time he was with us, I tried my hardest to welcome him to our country and make him feel welcome amongst us. He taught me a small amount of Turkish which I tried to retain as best I could, writing in Turkish during portions of my letters to him upon his departure. Nonetheless, I will get to Hasad. Tachi and I had an...okay friendship in the end. Someone you're happy to see and will gladly talk to and hang around with, yet don't mind saying good bye to. 

Hasad Demir

As I mentioned above, Hasad came to our school during our 5th Grade year. He felt extremely awkward in our country and many people picked on him for being strange. I refused to treat him as such and began to stick up for him when he got picked on. This ended with a few instances of being beaten up for getting in the way. It got to the extreme of getting a broken arm once...but I feel it was worth it. Hasad ended up sticking to me when I wasn't with Emma, and after some time, he would feel comfortable around her. Not so much so that they were as close as we were, but he had more than one person who would greet him and talk. During the final month of his time with us, he began teaching me how to talk and write in Turkish. It was much harder than German, but I gained a grasp of the basics and told him I would learn how to be fluent in the future. This made him very happy, and I'm glad I had the chance to know him in person. For the next several years we would only be able to speak through letter or an occasional phone call when we were both lucky. But I always tried to keep in contact with him.

Kiara

During our elementary school days, I became a little wiser as to Kiara's pranks on me and started to stand up to her when she asked me to do something truly stupid. I would still do dares sometimes, but only when I knew I could probably do it. We had a closer friendship than when we were kids, and I realized that she was quite important to me in a strange sense. She would 'protect' me, but I wanted to do the same for her. I know it wasn't a romantic sense, but more of a we have to stick together and help one another sort of sense. Like a detective and his partner, always aiding the other and making sure each other are safe.

Hobbies and Activities

As I mentioned before, I began playing the harp on a request of my mother. And I enjoyed it. I also enjoyed singing and dancing to Emma's other types of music. Jazz was one of my favorites, followed by Light Rock and Pop. Though my true passion in the end was classical and the like.

Another activity I began to partake in was a Debate Club. I got a taste for starting proper arguments based on facts and I was quite good at it. Our Political Studies teacher thought I was a natural and should think about continuing once I get into High School. Perhaps even try out for Class President if I felt comfortable with the idea. I was, and in our last year of elementary school, I tried out for the position.

I also became part of the Language Club and loved learning new languages and what countries they're spoken in. I had know English obviously and I learned and mastered German quite quickly. They said in High School we could start to take Language courses, and I was excited to start such. 

Truly my Elementary School years were the beginning of a great life I could learn and participate in to my fullest.

Weston - the boy had become my closest ally. While many seemed to desire his attention, over the years he had consistently stayed around me, for which I cherished when so many grew awkward of me.

Kiara - for a while it seemed that our relationship was beginning to fray. My apprehension towards girls was beginning to become more like a fear. However Kiara was determined to keep me close and eventually she became the only girl I felt truly comfortable with.

Jacob Moyes - I met this boy in elementary school. At first he seemed a little strange, a bit different from the rest. However I learned he shared my love of comics, but when I read his books they were all backwards facing and a little hard to read at first. I later learned that this form of comic book was called Manga, my first and greatest love.

Abigail Berry - Abigail was employed by my parents as a child minder when I started elementary school. She would pick me up after school and look after me for a few hours until my parents were home. Unlike girls my own age, she smelled like nice things and less like crayons. Also her hands were rarely as sticky and jam covered. She always treated me like a little prince.

Activities

Reading Manga

Watching cartoons (pokemon and dragonball were quickly becoming my favourite)

Drawing

Elementary school was the weird time when girls wanted to be friends with boys (sometimes competed with each other to do so) and among the girl community there was a lot of tension and competition. There was a girl named Clara who would bug me to play with her group of friends, and they would unanimously make me the catcher in Blind Man's Buff or the seeker in hide-and-seek. Once they put a dot on the Donkey card when playing Donkey and passed it to me, so that I would still hold the Donkey card by the end of the game.

I certainly didn't want to Interact with her.

My parents continued fighting at home once in a while. It usually happened once every few months, not too often I guess.

Inigo

Inigo was my best friend, which made a lot of girls jealous. They kept asking me how they could talk to him, and I said he likes befriending girls anyway so there shouldn't be a problem. So the girls would hang out with Inigo during recess, and it was very discomforting because I felt like an extra piece. But Inigo is the sort of boy who flits away, like a butterfly, running to different people everytime. So I would just patiently wait till he flew back to me again.

Emma

The only Music I knew was singing and then playing the recorder. I scored an A for singing, but got a B for the recorder because I didn't know the right way to use it. So I couldn't contribute anything to Emma's talk of her passion for music. However, she sat beside me in class one year, and people who sit beside each other naturally become good friends. One can't help it.

Franz

I was a careless girl in elementary school. I had very odd quirks, like needing tables to be aligned, or drawing a line down the centrefold of every book. A lot of times I left my schoolbag unzipped, and Franz would kindly tell me, or help to zip up the bag for me. I appreciated his help. There was a time when I had hives and everybody said I had chicken pox and wouldn't come near me, but Franz was nice and came up to me so I was very grateful for that too.

Kiara

We lost contact a bit during the kindergarten days, when she got busy playing with everybody else. But there was a party at her house and she invited me, and when I got there we talked a bit again and sorta rebuilt the old friendship.

Activities:

1. I joined the Science Club because I loved science, but it turned out to be a terrible experience. I couldn't follow instructions properly and the teacher would scold us. The only good thing I got from this was that I was able to lie to my parents that I had club meetings when I didn't, so that I could stay in school on my own and have some liberty to do whatever I wished. I lied a lot during those times.

2. I had a pet turtle and took care of it for a while. Franz gave me his own turtle to keep it company, but my own turtle got unwell and started developing white patches on its shell. My father threw out both turtles into a pond and I didn't know what to say to Franz so I kept it a secret.

3. I took part in, and won, a Storytelling Contest in school. Every class had to send out a representative to tell a story on stage. I practised hard and did pretty well, so the win did come meaningfully.

Inigo

As Surreality's a relatively small town, it seems like most of my kindergarten peeps got carried over and into my elementary school life too. I'm starting to get the feeling that I'll be seeing them a lot more often in the future. Inigo took up Hip Hop dancing, on top of other hobbies. I don't really understand the arts, but I can appreciate good moves when I see some. Some of his moves looked a bit dubious though. Is- is he trying to spin on his head?

David

David probably took the worst lot out of life's lottery draw. I'm not too good at consoling people, so I'd just sit down quietly beside him at times, with a fresh batch of chocolate chip cookies clutched in my hands. He was strong. I watched him break out of his grief and continued moving on with life, almost as if he's even more motivated than ever to get the most out of his years. I continued running though, even after he moved on to explore his other interests. Maybe I'd start taking off into the air if I ran fast enough.

Tachi

The eccentric toddler grew up to be an...eccentric young boy. I noticed he has started to tinker with a lot of gadgets. One particular creation of his caught my eye. It was a simple claw grabber, modified in such a way that every little spoke can be controlled individually. I'd borrow it to pick up erasers I accidentally dropped on the floor in class. Handy.

Kiora

Accidentally went too close to the 'forbidden areas' when I was out exploring my little neighbourhood. Chanced across the bar Kiora was always chilling in. I wasn't sure what was running through my mind at that point of time, but I think it was an important moment for me. Little Samantha finally stumbled across the secret adult world! Considered going into the bar and saying hi, but I chickened out and walked back home.

Activities

• Took up parkouring.
  • Stole a bit of my parents adult beverages. Sniffed them a little. Frowned.
  • Tried to replicate the cool gadgets Tachi made with my lego.

Dear D,

Inigo here! I can write in my own diary now, dad said. There's so much from before. Mum and dad really wrote down everrrrrrrythingggggg. Anyway, today I want to tell you about the girls I've met in school!

Allie Sanchez-Wu

She's into computers now, and she's good too. She beat most of the boys at Maths Blaster, including both Tachi and Weston! Now that's brains for you, plus she's pretty cute too. It's hard to impress her cuz she's so good at what she likes, but once I spelt "3177460^34071" on the teacher's t1-84 calculator and showed it to her. She laughed, but not before blushing! ^^

Emma Boyd

Emmy's a really big fan of music now. She shares the songs she likes with me sometimes, and in return, I try to teach her some of the hiphop moves I've been learning. She learns fast and she has flair. We might make a dancing idol out of her yet! She's fun to be with, but I think she might have the lovey-eyes for Franz! D:

Samantha

Sammiiiiii! It's been years since we last played together. She let me treat her to cake last Wednesday! I had to survive on biscuits the following week… but it was worth it, being able to see her again! I'm treating her to macarons this Tuesday, hee.

Hannah

Hannah's opened up a lot more over the years. In fact, we no longer play psychiatrist anymore! These days, we sit on the same bench and tell each other stuff, so I get to talk too. She also lets me read the story she's writing too, but I had to promise I wouldn't comment on it at all cuz she's sure it's terrible. Between you and me, D, the only thing terrible about it is her handwriting. The story itself is great. It kinda reads like Harrison Jones!

I gave her an origami flower on Valentine's Day, cuz small things like that make her happy. I couldn't afford a real rose cuz I had spent all my money on cakes for Sammi. >.<

Activities

1. Spending time with Hannah has made me decide that I want to use my talents to make other people happy too. So these days, I volunteer for charity! I'd sign up for flag days and try to get strangers to donate to the poor and needy. It's scary asking for money from strangers, but they're usually nice if I smile and ask them nicely. Mum and dad are proud of me. The girls seem impressed too when it comes up during introductions. ;D

2. Besides talking to strangers, I've also befriended many other volunteers. Most of them are girls around my age (hooray!), but there are some adults too. For one, the founder of the charity network's a really rich man, but he often comes down to volunteer in person too. He's pretty awesome and looks out for us. 

3. I was the class rep in the second and third year of elementary school! A few of us were nominated by the class and then everybody voted on it. I won all the female votes and there were more girls than boys, so...

Signing off,

Inigo

Somehow, I became fairly popular during elementary school. I had no idea how that happened.

Max

Despite our differences, Max, Kiara and I somehow gelled together well. He didn't have that many other friends as he didn't talk to people much, but one does not simply forsake their bros to solitude.

Kiara

Over time, she started mellowing out a little, mostly because she got beaten up more often. However, her hijinks (and eventual comeuppance) remained a frequent source of amusement. Good or bad, there was never a dull day when she was around.

Tachi

We got into a big fight one day about whether Str*ke or Aeg*s G*ndam was the superior machine, and it escalated to me accusing K*ra Yam*to of being "a shit" and leaving me with a black eye to show for it. However, we're still cool -- even if you agree to disagree, it's nice to know someone on the same wavelength.

Allie

There was this weird girl I met while feeding cats. She was very clever, but she seemed... weird. I later learnt that her only other friend was Tachi; birds of a feather, I guess.

Activities:

- I joined the Science Club. Hannah was there too, but I didn't see her much as she kept skipping sessions. I participated in a school science fair, but only came in 3rd and left a fresh new set of scorch marks on my kitchen ceiling for my trouble.

- They started showing G*ndam on the Saturday morning time slot. I learnt from Max and Tachi that there were many other cartoons and comics out of Japan, and they were interesting even if all the Japanese read their books backwards. Maybe I should visit that country someday; I wonder what it is like.

I asked Max "what's yaoi?" in class one day, and immediately he froze up in horror. I wonder why.

- I continued to draw stuff. I couldn't get the hands to stop looking like bananas though.

Life was getting difficult for Kiara as she began losing her crown. She noticed her friends were dying down, too. Her father knew she wasn’t in her best spirits so he encouraged her to try doing some activities in school.

Activities

-Gymnastics. She had wanted to do cheerleading but her father assured her that wasn’t something she’d want to learn to do. He said all the best ninja spies could do gymnastics and the movies can’t lie.

-Kiara loved playing outside and they had a few large trees in the backyard. After watching one of her spy idols do a backflip from a tree, she attempted it. After falling and bleeding, she decided to stick with just climbing the trees for now.

-Hide-and-Seek was becoming one of her favorite games. Sometimes she’d hide and you’d seek. Sometimes she’d hide expensive watches and you’d seek.

Tachi

Tachi was beginning to become really close friends with Allie. Now, she didn’t hate Allie, but Kiara wasn’t too fond of having someone steal someone she liked. Whenever Tachi would go play with Allie, Kiara would purposefully try to ruin their game and pull Tachi over to play with her. It was a constant struggle, though, and it was beginning to always end up in her tears.

Weston & Max

Kiara began getting a strong bond with these two mostly because they were some of the few who didn’t leave her. When Kiara began having her little cries when Tachi refused her, the teachers usually took care of it. But soon enough, Max and Weston began coming over to her first. They would talk with her and get her to play with them, often times doing funny things to make her laugh. This was something she enjoyed to feel and it wasn’t too long before Kiara quit chasing Tachi. Instead, she would always go to her best friends to play with and be partners with in groups. Weston seemed to enjoy her company and Max was finally seeming to think of her as a friend in return.

Hannah

Hannah had become kind of distant from Kiara over time and Kiara hadn’t really noticed. However, when Weston and Max began becoming disinterested in her “girly gamesâ€, she unconsciously began craving a female friend. When her mother had asked who she’d wanted to invite for her party, she had a very very short list. Hannah had made her way on that list as Kiara had sat and thought. She was so excited when Hannah came over for the party that she ignored most of her other guests to chatter away and play with her. It was then that she noticed how much she missed Hannah and pouted when she had to leave. She made sure to spend a lot more time with Hannah at school after that.

Poor Weston and Max hadn’t been able to come to her party. Weston had been busy with his parents and Max had been sick.

Tachi

I don't know why the other kids don't like Tachi and think he's weird. He has such good ideas--better than everyone else's. Maybe even better than mine. I think (I hope?) that he liked the K*rios robot that I kinda made for him. It's not a G*ndam, but maybe I'll be able to make one for him soon!

Inigo

Inigo's funny and nice. It seems like a lot of the girls like him. I think what he wrote on the calculator isn't actually true, but it made me feel happy anyways. The only other people who have said that to me are Mommy and Daddy. He's also really cool when he fights people.

Kiara (-1? xDD)

I don't know if it would be right to say I hung out more with her when she was always hanging around me. Or Tachi, really, I think. She would always come over when we were playing together to kick our toys and pull Tachi away. She also used to pull on my hair when the teacher wasn't looking, until I started crying one day and the teacher found out and punished her. Except later, Kiara hit me for being a tattle-tale.

Michael Beaufort

One of Mommy's students, he'd come over to play with me sometimes. I liked him because he gave me a snap-circuit kit to help me learn electrical engineering. He also helped me read and understand the textbooks because they had a lot of words that I didn't know, and Daddy didn't know them either.

Activities

- Because classes were boring and easy, I started studying textbooks on Basic Electrical Engineering, Algebra, and Physics with Michael in my free time. I didn't tell anyone else, though, because I didn't want them to make fun of me. And they probably wouldn't understand.

- Worked on a couple practical projects, like a K*rios toy for Tachi. Daddy helped buy the plastic figurine and take it apart, while I put the wires and stuff inside before he put it back together again. It was capable of simple movements, like walking back and forth, raising and lowering its arms, and even making fighting noises.

- Mommy started giving me hard puzzles to figure out. Not math puzzles either, which I liked, but ones like finding your way through a maze of arrows or ones with a lot of words that you had to figure out the answer.

1 person likes this

A lot of people have been coming to talk to me about all sorts of things, and it's weird cuz I don't really go and talk to them myself. Maybe they want to get to know the future pilot of the Megazord? Well then, I don't really blame them. With my limited time, however, I can only choose a small team for my future Power Ranger squad, and they are as follows.

Kiara

She's behaving less and less like a Yellow Ranger recently, and more like a evil bad guy. She would come in and disrupt my playtime with Allie. She's quite friendly when we're alone, though, so maybe she's fighting with her evil side. I think I'll go up to her and try to ask her what's wrong. I don't want to lose a good friend to the forces of evil!

Allie

She made me a K*rios robot! It's just like the real thing, with the scissors shield and the wings and everything! This is the coolest present ever! 

Weston

He's been hanging out a lot with that boy named Max recently, but he still watches G*ndam, so he's cool. Maybe I'll show him my K*rios toy!

Samantha

She really likes my Robo-Claw. For some reason, having other people use my gadgets makes me happy deep inside. I made a pencil box that pops open into 5 different compartments for her the next day, and it seems she really likes it too! Is this how the Power Rangers feel when they help people in need?

Activities

1. I got permission to use mum and dad's computer! They even bought a fancy new robotics set for me. It connects to the computer through lots of wires, and then by clicking and dragging a few things, I can change how it moves! I'm gonna spend lots of time playing around with it.
  2. Dad insisted that I pick up a sport, so I started to play badminton. He says it'll make me stronger like Red Ranger, so I'll work hard at it!
  3. Finally finished reading the new encyclopedias that dad got me. It had lots of interesting information inside, but too bad there wasn't much about Megazords!

The more I became obssessed with music the more I realized that not everyone wants to hear me go on for an hour about it. However, I began feeling more confident to share my music and talents than my favorite artists and genres. I considered joining the school's band once but found myself uninterested in doing what the teacher wanted me to play. I socialized plenty, but was picky of who I considered my friends.

Franz

Not too long before summer vacation came, Franz invited me to join him in going to Germany! My excitement was almost came to an end when daddy insisted I was way too young to go to anywhere by myself, let alone out of the country. However mom came in like an elegant heroine and finally convinced daddy to let me go. Franz and I had an amazing time and he treated me very well, taking me to shows and even teaching me some German. It was a bit hard; I couldn't understand all these accents and why they can't just say "apple" instead of "apfel". Eventually, I warmed up to it and decided that I would go back to Germany one day along with other countries of the world. I bought a few knick-knacks with the money my parents gave me but secretly spent most of my money on music. Daddy even found my Rammstein CD and almost had a heart attack for some reason! Geez, Daddy, calm down. It's just music and I don't even know what they're saying!

After the trip, Franz and I were practically attached to the hip. Whether or not he had the greatest patience of anyone I ever knew, he was always there to listen to me rant on and on about my music and I returned the favor when he would teach me about other countries and their languages. Every now and then I would hear people snicker that we were an old married couple but for some reason I didn't mind it.

Inigo

Inigo made me realize that there was much more to music than just music. There was also showmanship! Every other week I picked a song and came up with a dance routine to show him. He wasn't always impressed but would give me a few pointers. Every now and then I challenged him to a dance-off, something that soon became an event other kids wanted to join in on too. None of them were quite as good as us, though. All the crazy moves he knew didn't really help them either.

Hannah

Hannah and I sat next to each other and class and I was quite surprised of how chattier she was compared to before. Every now and then we would get in trouble for talking too much during class (even though I did most of the talking). Other than Franz, she was the first person to receive my debut mixtape (see below), even if it wasn't all that great.

Tachimitsu

I started trading games with Tachimitsu. I couldn't bare to part with my rhythm games even for a few days so I lent him my horror games and he let me play with some of his mecha-themed games he claimed to have beaten it within a few hours. I found it really fun but clearly not as much as he did! How did he finish these so fast though?

Activities:

- Asked mom for music theory books for Christmas instead of the usual clothes. Also asked her what a music theory is. She decided to hire a music tutor for me instead and I learned piano, guitar and drums.

- Daddy told me "you got some great beats, baby girl!" and bought me a tape recorder. I recorded my very own songs and gave copies to the kids and teachers in school.

- Enter the school's talent show, but the junior magician beat me out of first place. He honestly deserved it for making all those bunnies appear out of thin air!

Sam is the only child brave enough to approach me so far, so she gets kudos for that. No idea how I feel about her, as she seems a bit wary, and shy people annoy me. 

Pub peeps. Regulars of the pub keep me company outside of school, and help me with my homework/do it for me. When I'm a bit older, they said they're going to let me have alcohol. 'Mom' and 'dad' who own the pub said they're okay with that. Should be fun.

Activities:

- Dancing class after school. I'm gonna be a cheerleader, duh!

- Entering the talent show with sexy dance. Got disqualified, and then got yelled at by those bastard teachers. {I hear that word a lot at home}

- Learnt how to pull a pint

Chapter IV: Preteen (Elementary School, final year)

These children grew up fast. It seemed like it was the day before yesterday when they were born and now they were in the final year of Elementary School. Surreality Elementary had a tradition of putting up a magnificent play with all graduating students; a yearly show attended by people with or without children, but before we get to that, how did these children adapt to elementary school?

Maximillion had stumbled upon what would become his true love, but at what cost? Already a shy child with a lack of social finesse when interacting with women, dedicating all his time to reading stories that glorified them would surely give him a wrong image of the other sex.

Hannah began to become a bit two faced. While regarded as cute and melancholic she had developed a dark side. She had become an extremely proficient liar and had no issues keeping secrets. Add to that that she had started developing a creative side and you understand how frightening she truly was.

Weston started expanding his horizons, becoming interested in anime, manga and science. His varied interests in flourishing creativity would lead to teachers praising him for his art, but they would also be worried that he didn’t spend as much time with friends as they’d like. To make matters worse, Weston’s favourite cat (and best friend) got sick and had to be put down.

Samantha started playing outside a lot. Climbing, running and jumping. Sadly she wasn’t as athletic as she thought she was and often came home with torn clothes, bruises and cuts, but it was pretty obvious that if she kept this up she would be able to climb anything.

Inigo became quite the smooth talker. Whether is was due to the confidence he had gained through martial arts and dancing or not, he had started interacting with a lot of people and became quite popular. Especially with the ladies.

Emma was quite the musician. She even made her very first mixtape and was the first child of her age group who started to gain some fame. Even though she hadn’t achieved anything spectacular yet, everyone in town knew of the 10 year old who had made her very first mixtape.

Tachimitsu was shunned by the kids who were mature enough to realize that we was living in a fantasy world, but that didn’t stop him in his pursuit to become a Power Ranger with a Megazord in the shape of a scantily clad Gundam that could throw galaxies.

Kiara had become increasingly unpopular outside of her small group of friends. The teachers hoped that she would become a bit more humble now and they were glad to find out that she was putting her energy into other activities than bullying. When they found out that it included stealing and hiding other people’s property, she was punished harshly.

Allie continued to learn and quickly surpassed Highschool level in maths. She was quite the mathematician and had now started developing her skills in computing and robotics. Despite her creativity she was still socially awkward and could only become close friends with the equally awkward Tachi, but she did start hanging out with Weston.

Kiora continued on the road no parent wants their child to  walk. At least she almost made a friend, but everyone wondered how she would do in the last year of elementary school.

Franz started to develop an interest in politics and even ran for student council president, sadly it was not meant to be and he failed to get reelected. According to one of the teachers he did not connect well with the other children.

-----

This phase is going to be slightly different. You are now of an age where you start to become interested in boys or girls. I’d like to know which one of your advanced friendships (5/10 or higher) was more than just a platonic relationship.

Also the “Graduate’s Play†has always been a big deal in Surreality and many activities that took place in this year were related to this play. This year’s graduating class had decided to perform Alice In Wonderland. What part did you receive in the play? What three activities did you partake in? (One of these has to be related to the play.) Which four people did you hang out the most with?

When the school play came around I was originally interested in the lead role, but reconsidered. I studied the script intensively and put all my effort into my new character, the Chesire Cat!

Romance

It's a secret mom and I won't tell daddy, but I have a boyfriend! Mom never forgets to remind us of how cute we are, but I guess you can't blame her. When Charles went missing one day, I came to Franz crying. He bolted off telling me "no worries, dear!!" and before lunch was over, they both came back to me!

Alfred Budny

Alfred and I spent hours a every other day playing video games together. We would even agree who gets what game so we could play as many of them as we could. He wouldn't shut up about beating me in fighting games, but he was the one crying when he watched me play my horror games. Ha!

Allie

Allie seemed like a really smart cookie so I went to her to see if she could teach me anything about computers. Sure enough she introduced me to this new, amazing world I had no clue existed. I'm sure I got on a nevers maybe a little probably maybe, but I made sure to show her how grateful I was to her and even dedicated a song to her! "Bring Your Own Broadband". Had to ask Daddy how to spell broadband.

Max

I've always known Max as a nice-though-shy guy but recently I couldn't tell if he was playing some weird game with me. Though our intereactions with each other seemed genuine, every now and then he would run off on me! Mom explained to me that he meant no harm and was just shy, so I started getting used to this habit.

Kiora 

I'll never tell my parents of the night I went to multiple pubs in search of Kiora. I wanted advice for my role and she seemed just the type for that, but I was too afraid to approach her at school. Don't ask me why I thought her "home" would be any better, but I managed to find her and cry like a scared baby. Long story short, it went much better than I expected! Kiora was definitely different than any other kid I've ever known but I actually found her really interesting and whole lot of helpful.

Activities:

- Ditched my tape recorder and started using my parent's computer to record music instead.

- Convinced the teacher to let me (as Cheshire Cat) play a few silly songs during the play.

- Started preforming guitar at the school playground. Kids aren't really good at leaving tips...

Romance

I started to become very close to Inigo as we grew older. It was just so easy to talk to him, and gradually girls were saying I must like him, right? Because I would blush everytime his name was mentioned. And then they would tease me about him all the time. "Oh look, Hannah, Inigo just walked past. Hee hee hee!" or "Awww, Hannah, you're going to sit with Inigo for lunch again, aren't you?" I got so embarrassed that I would walk in the other direction whenever I saw him in public, so that people didn't start teasing again. I would only talk to him properly when we were alone.

But it's probably okay, since he doesn't like me anyway. He has all the other girls.

Digression/Goal

That's when I started thinking seriously that making people happy is my forte. When people were happy I became happy too. People always said I was a kind person, who would lend them stuff if they didn't bring them, and I didn't join in to bully people despite peer pressure. Yes, maybe I'm good at making people happy. And if lying to people made them happy (which was entirely necessary at home) then I would work hard at telling white lies that don't harm people.

And the first thing I wanted was for Inigo to be happy.

Play

"Hey what role did you apply for in the play?" a classmate asked me one day.

I looked down on the ground and swallowed embarrassedly.

"Er... nothing much... I'll probably end up as 1 of the Red Queen's soldiers anyway," I mumbled.

The results for the play were soon released and my eyes brightened when I saw I had been given my first choice, Alice! But I couldn't look too happy. I might look stuck-up then.

Activities:

1. I didn't know how to prepare for a play, but my parents forced me to rehearse often in front of them. They would then give me feedback. As expected of my parents, their feedback tended to be contradictory and I shelved them in my mind to consult selectively.

2. I started to like play-acting. I would sit down with a friend, YS, during recess time and we would take our stationery and make stories from them. The stationery had pretty in-depth personalities. YS had a correction tape that was very intelligent and perceptive, and she and the stapler were childhood friends (they were Lightning and Thunder and had such respective powers too) and most of the time the 2 of us (the "giants" according to them) were also part of the story. YS and I would sometimes act as other characters too. It was really fun but we got teased for playing with stationery and being immature. Pffft. They were the immature ones.

3. I did unexpectedly well in my exams! I was so surprised, but I think it was because I put in a lot of work too. After that year my results slipped a bit, but it's alright. At least I did well once.

Interactions:

Inigo

I had always loved cartoons a lot, and in my preteen years I got to know a lot of great cartoons, so I would chatter all about them to him in a fangirlish way. I particularly loved Teen Titans then and would telephone him everytime the show came on to ask him if he was watching, and what did he think? I think doing anything is only better if you have somebody to do it with you!

Tachimitsu

I was starting to get quite alienated from Tachi because I didn't like robotics. I did my best to watch G*ndam, I really did, but I couldn't derive any enjoyment from watching a bunch of robots fire off different-coloured smoke. I was quite sad that I would lose Tachi as a friend as a result but he said it didn't matter, because not everyone was destined to be a Power Ranger. It sounded a bit demeaning but I guess it's true. I don't want to be a Power Ranger. It sounds like a dangerous job, and it's not as if I was that good at sports.

But at least Tachi didn't distance himself from me because of that. And I'm happy if I can support him in my small civilian way to let him be a hero.

Weston

Weston was the person who encouraged me to try drawing, but it didn't work out very well for me. I told him his pictures were great, but he pointed out the fingers were like bananas. Mine looked more like snakes, which I think is worse. At least bananas retain the shape. However, I would sit close to him while he was reading, and surreptitiously turn my head so I could read whatever he was reading too. When he noticed me peering, he would ask me if I wanted to read it. I would hurriedly say no, then continue peering behind his shoulder. I wouldn't want to deprive people from reading their own books, but they did pique my curiosity.

Franz

I went up to tell Franz that I thought he would have made a great student council president. I personally didn't have such ambitions, but I think that nobody likes to fail at something, and I wanted to motivate him. I also told him I would definitely vote for him if he tried again. It's not a question of whether he was suitable or not, but a person with dreams should be supported. That is my role in life.

PLAY - The White Rabbit

I... got the Rabbit. I don't mind him, I guess. He runs a lot. Just like me. He's quite intelligent... Well I guess he's not really like me then. I remembered investing hours into the script, making sure I got every little bit of his dialogue right. It's kinda tough, and I didn't really enjoy the spotlights beating down on me. Made a mental note to never take part in a play voluntarily again.

Weston

Ooh, he was good at drawing! I suppose you don't have to be athletic to be good with your hands. Seems like he's helping a little with the set design. Gave him a box of pocky biscuits. Got the feeling he'd enjoy pocky biscuits. 

Tachi - Romance

That pencil case was THE BOMB. I watched him help out with some of the prop creations while I was in the corner putting up some finishing touches on my rabbit ears. Despite my indifference for class plays, I noticed team spirit really did shine through during situations like these. We're different but not so different after all. I guess.

Kiora

Sneaked back around to the bar again, after one of our rehearsals. I've got no idea why I'm getting attracted to this strange place. Stepped right in this time round though, and managed to attract quite a few looks, despite my attempts to keep to myself. Some of the regulars seemed to put two and two together and called out for Kiora. I suppose that became our first real interaction with each other.

Giovanni

Decided to leave the bar after doing some light chatter with Kiora, only to be stopped by the bartender. He slid a glass of OJ towards me, while nodding a little towards my left. Followed his hint and turned around in curiousity, only to notice a slightly older boy smiling back at me. Huh. What's a kid doing here. What am I doing here. Either way, people there turned out to not be that scary, actually. Just weary adults taking a break from the rat race. Picked up some funny PG jokes from them! Here's one :

A horse walked into the bar.

The bartender asks : "Why the long face?"

Horses are actually incapable of understanding human speech, so it just pooped and left .

Haha!

Activities

Seamstress - On top of playing my part as the White Rabbit, I decided to help out with the creation of the costumes too. Threading a piece of thread through the needle's eye was way tougher than I imagined. My mother ended up taking pity on me and teaching me a few tips and tricks. With her help, we eventually managed to finish the job, and even had the time to fix some extra bells and whistles on the costumes.

Stunts - I couldn't tell if I was doing a play or performing a running circuit. Had to duck and leap through props, running circles around the stage as Alice chased after me. Curiousity kills the cat,I thought, as I weaved between a pair of shoddily constructed trees, trying hard to not lose my breath. Don't follow random animals around, children. It's not cute.

Wall climbing - Took up wall climbing too. Weeee! I can't run to the sky, but I can at least attempt to climb up there!

Play

My mother was elated when she heard that I got the role of the Caterpillar in our Alice in Wonderland play. Personally, I was more excited that Emma got the role of the Cheshire Cat. Ever since I lost the chance to be Student Council President, Emma's been very supportive to me. But of course I'll get to that. I had some of the guys in class help me design the Caterpillar's hookah. We put a few toilet paper tubes together and used yarn to connect it to an old lamp that we took apart. Then we got permission from the science lab to use a piece of dry ice inside it and it made it look like I was smoking from the hookah. I thought it was quite clever. Otherwise we used Styrofoam cut into circular shapes to make my fat parts and I used a simple blue hoodie with little black stalks to finish the appearance. My mother liked the show, and I was surprised when it happened, but my father came to the play as well! He came to see the play and to see my graduation. They were both so proud...

Romance/Emma

After trying out for the Student Council and failing which my teacher told me was...because I didn't connect with enough of the kids, I felt very bad...but there she was, Emma...she hugged me and told me not to worry. That they were missing out on good representation. Then she laced her fingers with mine...and I guess from then on we were boyfriend and girlfriend. We would hold hands all the time, and every now and again, she'd kiss my cheek, but only when we were alone. She showed me more and more types of music and I spread my thoughts out, finding great enjoyment in pretty much everything she played. She started getting really good at playing the instruments she enjoyed and when she made her mixtape, I was the first one to get a copy. She even let me watch while she did part of it. She blushed a little bit when she did...which was weird since she never blushed when she sang or played for me before...but...I blushed back.

Hasad

It had been a while since Hasad had left the school and we were stilling sending letters often. He told me more and more about his country and told me sometime during either high school or after that his family would love for me to visit them. According to him they wanted to, "Meet young boy who accepted everyone". He told me he laughed since their English wasn't great but that they tried their best. He continued to send small pages along with his letters with the Turkish spelling for a word and how to pronounce it, sending a new one every time. We tried to keep in touch as much as we could, though our letters did get spaced a bit farther each time, as life in Turkey is very different compared to here.

Hannah

Hannah was extremely supportive during my 'campaign'. She gave me a lot of confidence in that, even though I didn't do well 'this' time, that 'next time' I could win by a landslide. And that helped me a lot. Her words made me realize that I needed to work on relating to others and give 'others' confidence like she did for me. From there on I tried talking to more people and I actually went to a counselor to understand what I guess I was doing wrong. She told me I just needed to broaden how many people I knew and how I saw them all as equals even if other people told me not to go near them. I was hesitant but I listened. Either way, it was because of Hannah that I was able to take that step forward.

Max

After I went to the counseling session I tried to broaden my friend pool. I thought making newer friends who I didn't hang around before would make me seem less of a closed in person who only had a few friends. Max was my first try at such and I thought it was successful. He introduced me to a lot of interesting stuff like 'anime' and 'manga' which were actually really interesting. I liked comics to a degree, but these were slightly more my age and weren't just focused on super heroes. Like, some stories would be about kids in their everyday lives and those connected to me the most. He was a really great guy and I think I started to act more like a guy my age. Though I was still me, and spent the majority of my time between my lessons/clubs/with Emma and now I was making a little room now and again to see if I could hang out with my friend Max. He had a weird view of girls though and I actually tried to understand why he thought of girls the way he did. I actually tried to hang out with him and Hannah so they could hang out too and he would be less shy, but she seemed to like Inigo much more, like all the other girls.

Activities

This year I was getting better at the harp than ever before. I even participated in Band towards the end of the year for a few songs. It let me hang around with Emma too, since I got to be around her the most and we would actually sneak holding hands during breaks or inbetween songs...

Another thing I ended up doing besides my participation in the play was to advertise it around town. I thought it would help me get, not only the show publicity, but allow me to get better at 'selling myself' to the people. As the Debate Club Supervisor told me. When you're in a debate or in a political standpoint, you have to sell yourself to make people like you. But it can be used by people that sell something or advertise for something, so I took advantage of it, and I got a lot of people to come! They said I was very convincing. My mom's new fiancee told me that he was impressed by my dedication and told me that when I turned 13 I could try spending some days during the summer in the mayor's office or something to get an understanding of politics and the like. He was a pretty nice guy, and my mom seemed to really like him.

This year the Language Club disbanded from lack of interest which saddened me, but I took the opportunity to take a sport. I wanted to do something that would keep me in shape and the best thing for it was Swimming. I learned when I was younger thankfully, and so I ended up trying out for races now and again but otherwise having fun. I wasn't 'that' good, but I thought after the year of swimming, I was getting a little better.

The Play

Fortunately for Max his teacher realised he was too shy to perform. Instead she gave him a special role as a directors assistant. He found this tough, as it meant he would have to be somewhat assertive, but in practice mostly he was just being encouraged by his teacher, and with her help he managed to accomplish the task to an acceptable degree. 

Moe Is Life

Max has discovered his passion for moe. As puberty comes along steadily he realises that he does not fear women because he dislikes them, but because they are amazing, truly amazing creatures that he cannot hope to contend with. Max vows to overcome his crippling fear of women, in order to meet his future 3D Waifu. 

Weston

As always, Weston is my true friend. We're still going strong. 

Jacob

Our friendship is growing but has had it's first stumble. When I let Jacob borrow one of my manga he returned it in a shabby state. Clearly he is not a purist like myself. I feel like I have surpassed my mentor. Also I find he doesn't get as angry as I do when anime do non canon filler episodes!

Emma

Emma was someone who had interacted with me a few times over the years, so I considered her a relatively safe venture. It was difficult to talk with her forthe most part. I often stuttered or made silly comments and then got embarrassed and ran away. I really wanted to be her friend, I just had to keep trying. It's really hard though, I was so nervous!

Kiara

Kiara was the only girl so far that I could talk to. I wasn't going to abandon that friendship. I tried to keep my friendship with her going strong, which perhaps meant I spent less time with Weston than usual.

Activities

• Teacher allowed me to help her make ammendments to the script in the school play. I began to realise that when performing, it is important that the role is pleasing to the audience, and not the actor. Those who perform need someone to guide them, someone who knows what people want, who can show them how to be the ideal character. 
  • Manga and Anime are still a huge part of my life. This will never change. I have grown to become fascinated with Japanese culture. Did you guys know they have cafes in Japan where you can read manga and pretty girls serve you drinks and talk with you?
  • My parents allowed me to use the PC this year, so that I could study for school. The fools don't realise that there is a treasure trove of manga scans and anime on the internet! What's more I have spoke to a few people  from other parts of the world who share my passions. Talking with people on the internet is so much easier!

Romance

The warm fuzzy feeling that came with making things for Samantha remained in the few years that I got to know her better, and I often wondered what that meant for me. Out of the three girls that I regularly talked to, it seemed that Samantha was the one who admired me the most for who I was. Allie was really fun to hang around with as well, but somehow I wasn't as interested in hanging out with someone who could build better robots than me. It led to her criticizing my creations at times, and I didn't really like that. Tomorrow, I'm going to give Samantha a robot that she can pull along after her by a string when she runs, and dispense band-aids at the press of a button. That should help her whenever she gets hurt!

Play

I had no interest in plays, but I suppose participating was necessary for graduation. I didn't really try for any role in particular, and ended up playing as the timid little King of Hearts. I found myself growing to dislike the role; how could someone who was a King be so submissive to his wife, especially an evil wife like the Queen of Hearts? I thought that men should stand up for what they believed in.

Weston

I was going to make fun of A*hrun Z*la to him, but when I saw how downcast he looked from the death of his cat, I couldn't help but change my mind. I went to his house the next day and spent the whole day watching G*ndam with him so that he'd feel better.

Samantha

I didn't want to come off as too eager to talk to her, so while she was crafting her rabbit outfit I hung around nearby and helped with some of the prop creations. I saw her looking at me, though, so that's a start! I felt more emboldened after the incident, and decided that I'd make the finishing touches on her new robot when I got back home that night.

Allie

We got into a little competition to see who could build the better robot. Mine could move and follow a line and lift its little robot hands, but hers could beep and send out light signals! I felt a bit disappointed that she won. Nevertheless, I enjoyed my time playing around with robotics with her, even if she was a little harsh with her words at times.

Kiara

She's beginning to ignore me nowadays whenever I try to talk to her. I don't know what could be the matter. Did I accidentally do something wrong to offend her? She seems especially angry when I play with robots with Allie, or gives one of my gadgets to Samantha. Is she trying to spoil my friendship with both of them?

Activities

1. Apart from tennis, I also decided to pick up running like Samantha so that I could run with her one day. With hard work comes results!
  2. Filled with determination to beat Allie in her robot building competition, I delved into reading about new and more advanced techniques to program and build robots. I think I'll need a bigger robotics set; I'll ask dad if he can get one for me soon.
  3. I managed to pass my Grade 5 piano exam. Classical piano pieces are really tedious and boring, but I'm motivated by the thought of being able to play G*ndam music one day. Some of the tracks are just so good!

Kiora got the role of Queen of Hearts, as she's so confident and loud. This gave her a chance to interact with some people she'd never really noticed much before, particularly Tachi and Hannah, who play the two characters she interacts with most on stage - the King and Alice, respectively. 

They seem nice, although Tachi isn't someone she'd really talk to normally. He takes school really seriously, he's all intelligent and shit, and she just wants to have fun. 

Activities 

• Still more dancing, dancing, and more dancing. The classes aren't always to her liking, but she does it anyway. 
  • Started playing pool at the pub. She's not the tallest child though, so she finds it difficult sometimes, and uses a step.
  • Had her first kiss.

Romance

Lolno. Allie may have the mental capacity of someone twice her age, but her social/emotional development is that of someone half her age.

Tachi

Tachi doesn't seem as enthusiastic when we play together anymore. My psychology textbooks suggest that he's exhibiting symptoms of jealousy, but it doesn't really tell how to cure that. I think I should try losing to him sometimes. Or stop building robots for him? I'll be really sad if he stops being my friend, because I don't really have anyone else. :(

Inigo

Well, I'll have Inigo, but I don't think he actually really cares about me. More than he cares about the boys, but that seems to be simply because I'm a girl. I mean, I don't mind, because he's still really nice, but I think if I were a guy, he wouldn't look twice at me.

Emma

I never really talked to Emma before, but she came to ask me about computers once, so I showed her a lot of things. She even wrote a song for me! She seems to be really interested in music, which I don't really understand, but I think a lot of her songs and stuff are good.

Michael Beaufort

Michael's still helping me and teaching me a lot, and he's very nice about it too (not like my Graphics Design teacher, who I think doesn't believe I'm taking the class seriously, so she's mean to me sometimes). He's not very good at programming, but other than that, he's helped me learn much faster than I would have been able to by myself. We're doing differential functions now!

Activities

- As I had the talent and interest of a rock in the school play, the school agreed to let me be in charge of the lighting and effects. That was fun, especially setting off the fireworks at the end. Setting the curtains on fire was an accident, but tons of people liked the video when I uploaded it to Yout*be.

- After I talked to him about Tachi and Inigo, Daddy told me that I should try to understand people better, so I started to study Psychology and Sociology. He seemed a little disappointed, but I'm not sure why.

- When Mommy bought me a computer and I started playing with it, I realized my Graphic Design was lacking, so I signed up for a course on that and Art Theory before starting to design my own websites.

(So many people posted so Ima make another post rather than edit my last one)

Everything she did, everything she liked, she seemed to get in trouble for. She couldn’t understand it, but it was alright. No matter what, her father was always on her side. The teachers tried explaining to her that stealing was wrong but she never understood it. All of her t.v. idols stole and the stories always ended happily. Why was it wrong for her to steal? Finally, her father explained it to her in a way that made sense. Stealing from good people was bad. The spies were always stealing from bad people. Simple. She tried it. Still got in trouble. So she decided it was time to try being a ninja instead. They were so noble- and they never stole.

The Graduate Play was also going on and everyone had to participate. Not that she minded. She was beyond excited for it. She had no fear in leaping into new things and having a script to learn was exciting for her. She got The Mad Hatter. This was originally a boy’s role but Kiara begged until she got it. He was her favorite character.

Activities

-Learning her script was going very well. She was an exceptional learner. It took her only a couple times to remember her words and to fit into the character. She found it very easy to slip into a fake persona and recite her script to her father without flaw.

-Hide-and-seek had turned into a bad game she’d learned. Whenever she brought home anything lower than an A on any of her homework, she’d go straight to hiding and her father would have to find her to console her. The older she got, the more difficult it became. She once got away with hiding for 3 hours- she had finally finished crying and fell asleep, so didn’t come out any earlier.

-She stuck with her gymnastics team and they were starting to work on some bigger stunts. They were beginning to be assigned things like running objectives and things like climbing a rope attached to the top of the ceiling. At first, Kiara didn’t understand but after feeling how sore her arms got after just trying one time, she figured it out.

Romance/Weston

It was bound to happen. That’s what her father always said. Kiara always invited Max and Weston over and, besides Hannah on occasion, they were it. She he expected her to fall for one of them. She never believed him but she always went to him when she wasn’t feeling well-like when she wanted to invite Weston over to play then suddenly her stomach felt funny. Recently, she had to have her father call Weston’s parents to invite him over for her and she’d started acting shy around him, always feeling her face go red when she saw him and oddly worrying about her hair. It was thanks to Max that she went up to Weston after class one day, fiddling with her hair and not knowing where to look, feeling the hot red on her face. “W-we….I-I….†She closed her eyes tightly and clenched her fists, quickly saying timidly: “I like you, Weston!â€

Maxy

Max was the only one she trusted enough to go to about Weston. Her father had convinced her she liked Weston so she went to Max and spoke of her worries. “He won’t be my friend anymore if he knows I like him! What do I do?†Unfortunately, Max wasn’t hugely certain on any advice to give her but he did reassure her Weston would still be her friend. He also assured her he would handle it if Weston was mean to her for it. She couldn’t ask for a better friend.

Hannah

She still liked inviting Hannah over sometimes and even spent some recess time with her. She loved talking to her and Hannah always seemed to understand her.

Franz

Kiara began realizing she had been a tad too mean to Franz and she got the urge and strength to go apologize to him and try hanging out again. She got him to play with her group at recess sometimes and she was beginning to get used to him being around.

Thought of the day: Can love bloom, even in the schoolyard?

Activities:

For the school play, I ended up helping on set design, since I got stage fright and fumbled over my lines. I didn't get any of the glory the stars did, but I knew I'd done my part and that was enough. Thankfully, none of the sets fell apart on stage.

- My parents got concerned that I was spending too much time indoors and got me to try taking up a sport. I learnt to ride a bicycle, and while the first few tries were a tragedy of skinned knees and humiliation, I eventually got the hang of it, and the thrill of speeding down the streets got me kinda hooked.

- In the last year of elementary school, I learnt of this thing called Wikipedia. The first time I accessed it was kind of a blur to me; all I remember was waking up with my face on the keyboard at 2 pm with the computer still running, strangely more knowledgeable about the moons of Saturn than before.

Social Links

- Romance/Kiara: Ehhhhh? It's... It's not like I like you t-too... D-dummy.

I h-helped you with your homework because I-I didn't want to see the teacher punish you again, s-so d-don't get the wrong idea, o-okay?!

- Max: Thank you, for opening my eyes to the power of Moe. Moe is love. Moe is life.

- Hannah: I tried to get her to hang out at Science Club meetings more, promising to help her out so the teacher wouldn't scold her. While I never quite got her to attend regularly, she didn't play hooky so often anymore, and that was enough.

- Tachi: He cheered me up after Patches died. I was sorta friendly with lots of people at school, but aside from Max and Kiara, he was the only other person who cared. I won't forget that any time soon.