Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seanzilla

Sean's Game of Life

107 posts in this topic

Dear D,

I’m graduating~ gra-, gra-, graduating!

About the Graduate’s Play~ Gra-, gra-, Graduate’s Play:

At first, I wanted to be the Mad Hatter to Hannah’s Alice, but Kiara beat me for the role at the auditions. Who knew that she could be act so well?  But she’s always had flair, and she could do cartwheels as the Mad Hatter. No one could beaten that!

So I told ol’ Teach to slot me anywhere, and she assigned me as the Productions Manager. That meant that, on the day itself, I had to wear a suit and bowtie and welcome the principal, the school’s Board of Directors (a bunch of old, white men who secretly control the school from behind the scenes!!), and other people who gave the school a lot of money for the play at the Front-of-House. And of course, I was the emcee that opened and closed the play!

A lot of grown-up women came up to me during the reception afterwards and said I look cute in that bowtie, but the men just sorta shooed me away. Booooo.

Allie - Romance

Since I didn’t have an acting role, I spent a lot of time backstage with the stage crew during rehearsals. I chatted with Allie a lot during these rehearsals, since she was stuck at the special effects room. Since she had just started reading Psychology, we often talked about that. After all, we were both interested in learning what people think about. She had the theory; I had the actual experience with people.

Finally, during one of our conversations, I looked her in the eyes and said,†Allie, instead of simply talking about the things people do or say, how about we try doing the stuff they do instead? Will you date me?â€

That was when she set the curtains on fire, so I’m still waiting for a reply. =|

Franz

We met on several occasions when he was on his publicity walkabouts and I was flagging for donations. On such occasions, I would hold out my tincan and he would donate some coins with a solemn expression. Then I would grin, give him a thumbs-up and we would continue on with our own business.  We scarcely spoke, but I always respected him for sacrificing his own time for the play.

Tachi

It’s kinda hard to be indifferent when everyone’s talking about the same things. These G*ndams interested me some, and Tachi would gush about them to anyone who would listen. I was more interested in the female pilots, but they were all a little too, uh, chesty for me. Surely real boobs don’t have that much bounce? So our conversations were always kinda stilted, but his gadgets are awesome. They were often a hit with the girls too, surprisingly.

David

I heard about his father’s demise from the other girls, so I tried to cheer him up sometimes by talking to him sometimes. We had trouble finding common topics to talk about at first, but once I saw that his love for cars wasn’t very different from my love for girls, we hit it off superbly. It also helps that the fastest cars often came with the most beautiful women models.

Activities

1. It occurred to me that emceeing is a pretty awesome way to put myself out there! So I decided to take up a few emceeing stints for Surreality Sharity as well to gain more experience on that front. It's a sweet gig; I get to call for volunteers to go up onto the stage and chatter with the audience to stall for time if a hiccup occurs. I usually pick the comely ones, of course, although my audience is usually composed of senior citizens. Ah, well.

2. Being a Production Manager meant that I had get a suit tailored, which was a first for me! I chatted up the seamstress and the wardrobe team during the fitting sessions, so I learned a thing or two about dressing to impress. Apparently, red and magenta makes it more likely for people to notice me (not that I need much help on that!), but women respond more positively to blue!

My new motto: If you're dressed to kill, you're dressed for success!

3. Read in Cosmopolit*n magazine that women like men who are handy in the kitchen, so I decided to try my hand at bakery and French cuisine in my free time. It was a great hit with the ladies; them girls seem to dig anything French! If I'm lucky, they'll come to associate the sweet rush of sugar with my company, heh.

Swagging Off,

Inigo

Sean’s Game of Life

Chapter IV: Teenager (Middle School, first year)

It was finally time for the kids to move on to Middle school. Their Surreality Middle School class had the same faces as the elementary school, so at least they weren’t separated from their friends, but before that, how did their last elementary school year go?

Maximillion’s part in the play was a small one that did not require him to go on stage. You’d think that it was perfect for him. He had the creativity to pull it off properly, but his lack of perception made him miss a few crucial cues. All in all he did a decent job and fared much better than he would have as an actor. After further developing his creative side he became a pretty decent illustrator.

Hannah had received the lead role of the play. Her ability to tell lies with a straight face translated well into acting, but she severely lacked the charisma and creativity to put up a decent performance. While believable, she lacked any stage presence. But there was something else that happened in the last year of elementary… Hannah got herself into a love triangle! She liked Inigo, but apparently the playboy had his sights set on someone else. To make matters worse, there were some domestic issues. Hannah's part dealt with some problems, which eventually lead to their divorce. There was an ongoing trial to determine custody of Hannah.

Weston had dedicated everything to set design, whuch suited him perfectly. He had all the creativity necessary to make it work and it allowed him to capture the feel of Wonderland perfectly. He picked the perfect part that didn't tax his lacking social skills. He even got a girlfriend! Former-bully and future-inmate Kiara! During the last year he had also fully developed his skills als an illustrator.

Samantha’s performance as the white rabbit was impressive. She had the acting skill to be believeable and the athletic ability to move frantically across the stage with ease. She may have lacked in charisma, but luckily she didn’t play a part large enough for it to be detrimental. Thanks to all of her running, jumping, climbing and falling Samantha became quite the freerunner. She also managed to land into a relationship with Tachi, but these kids were so different. Did they have enough in common to want to stay together?

Inigo served as the MC for the night, which suited him perfectly. He had no acting skills, but he knew exactly how to charm an audience and serving as the productions manager was the best available choice. He had also managed to get himself into a love triangle. Hannah had feelings for him, but he only had eyes for Allie, who in turn didn't care much for anyone. Such drama!

Emma managed to get the part of the Cheshire Cat, probably the most sought after part in the entire play. While she had an overload of creativity, it was charisma that truly mattered to pull off the part properly. While she did put up a respectable performance, her weird antics weren’t exactly what the teacher had planned. If it was any consolation, at the very least she had finally gone steady with Franz.

Tachimitsu’s performance as the King of Hearts was… lacking. While none of the fault laid with his creativity he was lacking in charisma or any acting talent to pull off the part. At least something went right after that disaster: he had managed to snag Samantha as his girlfriend. How he managed to pull it off was a mystery, but a certain Italian kid wasn’t entirely happy when he heard the news. Tachimitsu’s constant pursuit of knowledge also made him a robotics expert.

Kiara was a good actress, but she lacked any of the charisma or creativity required to be a successful Mad Hatter. While she wasn't shooed off the stage, the audiencr wasn't very impressed with her. Well, at least she managed to snag Weston as her boyfriend.

Allie was incredibly smart and creative, which was great for the part she got, but her lack of perception made her miss a few important cues. The general opinion was that she did 'good enough'. Somehow she had also managed to get into a love triangle. Inigo had the hots for her, but she didn't care about anyone. She also became a pretty decent designer through all her practice.

Kiora was a very charismatic child, which was great, but she lacked any acting talent to put up a decent performance. She also continued to be the child who grew up faster than anyone else, but if she had any actual parents they'd surely be worried that she was growing up the wrong way. What child becomes a temptress at her age?

Franz turned out to be a pretty awful actor. He wasn’t very believable and had trouble keeping a straight face, but luckily his part was small enough and he was charismatic enough to make up for most of his faults. Sadly he didn’t receive the praise a few of his classmates did. It has also been a long time coming, but his relationship with Emma was finally solidified as a romantic one.

-----

Surreality Secondary demanded two things of their students. First of all, besides the regular obligatory curriculum they had to decide whether they would take extra classes in Sciences or Humanities. Second, active participation in one of the school's clubs was also mandatory, but Surreality Secondary only offer Sport or Art clubs.

How did your first year of Middle School go? What classes and what club did you pick? Which three activities and whic four interactions stood out the most?

Middle school was an exciting time. Not as tumultuous as TV made it out to be, since it was the same bunch of faces again, but it was a new environment with more fresh things to see and do. I was contemplating taking humanities, but after my father pointed out that the guy who had just passed me my cheeseburger was probably top of his class in Russian Poetry or something, I decided sciences was the way to go. I decided to go with the art club after a tryout for the sports club ended with a frisbee beaning me in between the eyes.

Social Links

Max: He was already my closest friend and we found even more reason to bond thanks to our common interest in drawing. He had this other friend who shared a similar interest, but I might have inadvertently insulted his "waifu", whatever that was. Said blasphemer with shit taste "friend" won't talk to me now.

Tachi - There wasn't so much to talk about G*ndam now that we'd all seen it twice to thrice already, but I found this other thing with giant robots that I suggested we watch together. It had some pretentious sounding name, "Evan Jelly Lion" or something.

When we reached the ending, we were both very confused, and a little horrified. We should have stuck with that Robot*ch thing instead.

Kiara - We still hung out a lot, though sometimes I found myself at a loss as to what things she liked. She didn't seem altogether that interested in our so-called "cartoons".

Perhaps I ought to take up some sort of sport we could play together.

Hannah - Hannah seemed sadder than usual nowadays. She didn't smile so much any more since her dad and mum said they didn't love each other any more. I was worried she'd leave the town with her mum, so I spent more time with her in case she left for good.

Activities

- My parents brought me hiking in the countryside. It was tiring, but I felt a little tougher and I got to see the beauty of nature -- I would probably have appreciated it more if I hadn't come down with a rash from that poison ivy.

- The internet's full of wonderful things! I can learn so much about so many different topics from astronomy to zoology, it boggles the mind- oh god why is that bearded lady spanking the fat man why can't I unsee it arrrrrrghhhhhhh

- I kept drawing, inspired by my favorite anime. But slowly, as I learnt more and more through my reading, I began to realize how superficial, how hollow, how boring this small town, this mundane, magic-starved world was compared to the vast seas of fantasy. An idea slowly wormed my way into my mind -- what if I wasn't just Weston Wolfenstein Finagle, bored, awkward kid who sat quietly at the back of the class... But something greater?

I must admit that I heaved a sigh of relief when my parents divorced at last. It had been painful when my father threatened that he would kill my mother and all her family too, if she took me away and left him. But somehow with the help of lawyers, it seemed to work out and I looked forward to a more stress-free life.

But it turned out the battle for custody was just as taxing, and took a long time, and I became even sadder than before. People thought it was because my parents didn't love each other anymore, but I knew better than that. I knew my parents had never loved one another.

Surreality Secondary was exciting! However, it also left me with many unclear choices. I liked both Sciences and Humanities, but which should I pick? In the end my mother advised me to go for Science, because in her opinion people who took Humanities were weird moody people. I found myself scoring better in Sciences too, so I went with that.

Clubs was also a hard pick, mainly because there were so vexingly few of them. I hated both sports and art with equal passion, but it was compulsory to go for one of them. In the end I went with Art Club, hoping that Drama would be part of it. I wanted to be in Drama, because I did like acting as Alice very much, even though I wasn't very good at it.

Activities:

1. Even though I joined an Art Club, my mother wanted me to toughen myself up in sports, much to my chagrin. I picked up all kinds of sports, like swimming, bowling and rock climbing. I didn't enjoy any of them, but I guess it was still experience.

2. I became the English Monitor in the class! It was a pretty minor role -- just collecting books from my classmates during English lessons, but I was quite proud of myself for taking this tiny step. Someday I will become more assertive!

3. I've often travelled to different countries, but this time I had an 8-day trip to China -- my first time going so long -- with my mother. I learnt a lot about China during that trip, and had a lot of fun.

4. A red blob appeared on my pants! I had my period!

Interactions:

Inigo told me one day that he had a crush on Allie. I was so shocked that I choked on the water I was drinking. Why Allie? She was just... well I didn't know her that well, but she seemed really boyish. It seems odd that Inigo, a guy so well-liked by girls, would happen to pick the one who was least feminine. I wished him all the best, and said I would help him woo her, but I don't know her that well.

Samantha

Ever since my broken heart, I decided to hang out more with girls to make myself feel better. Samantha had been my friend back in kindergarten, and I saw her around Surreality Secondary a lot too, and so we got to talking a bit. She told me about Tachi, which made me sad, but since Tachi and I were rather close friends I do believe the 2 of them are cute together. Our conversations sometimes revolve around Tachi, and other times to rock climbing, which she seemed to enjoy more than I did.

Kiara

Kiara had been friendly to me during elementary school, and she's really comfortable to be with. She doesn't put on airs. I like such people, though I know I can never be like them. I'm not so sure enough of my own personality yet, so I'll always put on a façade to try to look cool enough to befriend. But I'm sure she would like me for who I am.

Kiora

Kiora seems so different from other people. She looks really sophisticated and mature. My father advised me against befriending me, but she was nice and I could hang out with her after school when I didn't want to go home. My father caught me playing with her and scolded me really hard, and told me not to be with her again, but I still remained friends with her, naturally. She would teach me things and perspectives about the world that I never knew, and I think I became a wiser person because of it.

Max

I've always watched some anime now and then, but I realised Max was way above my level. We had never chatted before, mainly because he seemed to be afraid of me for some reason. He still does keep his distance, but is much much nicer to me now -- in fact, so nice it's a little disconcerting. But it's good to get to know more people, to get my mind off Inigo.

I outgrew my clothes again.

Yes. It's happening. Little Samantha is now Medium Samantha. Now I'm happily studying in the Surreality Middle School, along with the rest of my childhood peeps. Yaaaay!

I decided to take up Sciences as my major. I know. I know, I know. What's an unscholarly little monkey like me going to do in a laboratory. I've no idea either, to be honest. Found myself throwing a quick glance at my brand new band-aid robot, then at the crude Robo-Claw I recreated from Lego. Maybe it's because of that.

Minors go without saying. Freerunners gotta freerun. Yo. ( In case that wasn't clear, I took track and field. Sports club. )

Hannah

Brought Hannah to have some ice cream. I didn't steal the treat this time round. Got reminded of David - more specifically - the time when I was quietly sitting beside him with my cookies. Foods really do bring people together! Brought out a jar of cranes I folded too - 1000 cranes in total. Told her it's good for one wish. Hopefully she'd use it to wish her troubles away. 

Yup. I'm lame.

Tachi

I'm finally getting some legit help with homework. He still wouldn't let me copy anything, but has instead gone above and beyond, and took up the role of a tutor. I'm not sure if I'm learning anything so far though. Spent most of the time just grinning at him.

David

Sent a message to his phone, inviting him to hang out some time soon. Where did you disappear to, dude?

Giovanni

"The world is your oyster!" He proudly proclaimed when I visited the bar again. With a casual flick of his hand, he dipped it into a neighbouring patron's open purse, and fished out a $50 bill with ease. "Or more like a cookie jar, in your case. Want juice?"

Activities

- LOCKED MYSELF OUT OF THE HOUSE!!! Arrrrrgh. Managed to pick my way back in with my bobby pins. Embarrassing. Need to talk to my parents about the integrity of our house locks, too.....

- Became the leading runner in Track and Field. I'd better be. Worked my butt off for it.

- Mother asked where I've been going after school. I said library. She bought it. Actually I didn't go to the library. Hehehehe.

I knew I was never going to be an actor. I suppose I just wanted to try my hand at it once. Mother and father still enjoyed it, and mother got married to her new husband, Theo Forscythe. He's a great guy and he got me my first job as a document runner at the local mayor's office. I seemed to be good with organization and such. And all the workers there said that I had a great air about me. I'm not entirely sure what it means, but they said if I worked hard I might be able to get an internship at the governors office over my first summer in high school. Something to strive for definitely. Theo was impressed with how much effort I was putting into the job and everyone in the office started saying hi to me when I would come in. Maybe it was because I was still a kid, or maybe they actually liked me, either way it felt nice to be recognized by more and more people. Not to mention I was getting paid for this!

Emma

We started going 'steady' as they called it last year, but it wasn't until this year that we really understood how a relationship worked growing older. We had gone to see a movie about some couple who worked hard to always be together with one another and the effort it took to make something like that work. And after that, I told her I would do that for her. She smiled and nodded and I actually gave her my first present. I saved up a lot of money working at the office and the first thing I got was a series of charms and a charm bracelet for her. I picked out some nice charms I thought. One was a music note, another was a little cassette, one was a heart, and the last one was a little German flag. A lot of nice memories to put into such a little thing. That night I walked her home and before she went inside I made a move...I didn't know if it would work or not, but I kissed her on the lips like they do in the movies.

Max

I started trying to be around Max more. I really loved reading manga now and he was always in fresh supply. And I knew to keep them in good shape. So he trusted me with them a little more than some others. We really started to hit it off I thought, and he started opening up about 'moe' stuff he liked. It was kinda funny, cause all I could think about while he was saying it was of Emma.

Inigo

I never thought we would be friends. This wasn't like some look back at who we were, but just in general. He was the most popular guy in school and he started to hang around me more. I would hang with him sometimes too, but it was just surprising. Ever since last year he and I have been slowly getting to know one another. I suppose when you're around girls so often, you strive for a guy's attention now and again, but I guess it was just surprising that it was me.

Hannah

After she confessed to Inigo and he turned her down, she seemed down herself. I tried to open myself up some time to hang with Hannah now and again. She easily deserved it, she's one of the nicest people in the world. Thankfully she can't stay sad forever, and she didn't. I'm glad she's alright now.

Club and Class

I went with the Sports club in a heartbeat. I knew wasn't very...artistic, though I was starting to enjoy sports more than I thought I would. I of course aimed to take swimming, but I also ended up trying Tennis and Golf. They were all real great things to do and I don't think I could've made any better choices.

As for my extra class I took Humanities. While a lot of my classmates went with Science, I went with stuff like Psychology, Conflict Management, Leadership, and Public Administration. I got to learn about Politics more so than I knew before, and I got to learn how to understand someone's mind more and more. So I strove to use that when I campaigned again this year!

Activities

I never quit the Harp. But I took a hiatus from it to focus on my campaigning. I tried more than ever to get out, not only in my school, but in our community. I would get more votes for having a connection with things I was willing to aim to change. I think it made a big difference this year.

With some free time now and again, I practiced my swimming. I was getting faster and I'm glad, since I think I actually wanna continue doing this into high school.

Like I mentioned at the start, I got a job as a junior document runner for the mayor's office. It took up my free time on weekdays during the summer and over longer breaks. But it never lasted as long as it seemed. And I was making money, which felt really nice. I bought Emma her charm bracelet with some money, but I've saved up another $300! I'm hoping to keep saving for something in the future that I'll want.

Because Science would be boring since I learned it all years ago, I decided to take more Humanities courses. Sports sounded horrible, though, so I joined an Art club.

Inigo

Oh my. Inigo asked me out on a date! Except I was busy putting out my fireworks-finale fire, so I didn't get to talk to him. I did tell him yes the next day, though, and went to the library to check out a ton of books on Relationship Advice. Dad got really weird when he saw all of them, but he was okay after I talked to him? In any case, one of the books said you should spend time with your boyfriend and gifts should be personal, so I decided to make him a website (FREE!) where he could post pictures and videos of himself and write whatever he wanted, because I think he'd like that sort of thing. And to spend time teaching him how to use it. This won't make him jealous like Tachi, will it?

Hannah

I never really talked to her before, but she's one of Inigo's best friends, and the Relationship Advice book said that you should try to become friends with your boyfriend's friends too (but not the boys too much or he'll get jealous), so they're not uncomfortable when he brings you along with them. Except I think Hannah is uncomfortable anyways because a lot of the other girls said she liked Inigo, but Inigo is dating me. The book didn't tell me how to handle these kinds of situations. I hope I'm not making her sad.

Tachi

When I play with Tachi now, I try to lose to him sometimes. Like, about half the time. Or a little less. Maybe he'll be less jealous now!

Michael Beaufort

Michael finally graduated, too! But that means he's spending less time with me now since he has a job, so Mom can't just bring him home to teach me. We still keep in contact through email, though, but I think I'm good enough to teach myself now, so we just talk.

Activities

- Dad was worried, so he took me to a psychiatrist to talk to her. The woman said that I might have mild Asperger's. It sounds like "ass burgers," so I'm not going to tell anyone or else they'll probably make fun of me. But I have to see the woman every week to work on my social skills or something.

- I started to design my own websites! My favorite one right now is one that has a lot of cute and funny cats, pictures and videos. I'm working on another one for dogs. And I'm making some money selling designs to people.

- After the Elementary Play, I realized that people like funny videos. So I started to carry around a handheld video camera from Dad and just record stuff to upload. Most of the stuff I found was boring, but I did film Emma singing sometimes, and Inigo or Kiora dancing (Dad won't let me upload Kiora's though, for some reason) and other fun stuff. ^^

Interactions

At the beginning of the year I had a little falling out with Jacob. His taste in manga is a little immature. I feel I have outgrown him. Not to mention he's started spending more time playing video games than reading manga. Son, I am disappoint. 

Weston

My best friend and I are still doing well. Weston started dating Kiara, and I'm pretty happy for the both of them. However this development meant I spent a little less time with Kiara. It wasn't due to a falling out, I think it was just her and Weston's relationship budding. I didn't mind though, I still saw her often enough, and I was busy getting used to secondary school. 

Hannah

Hannah started spending some time with me. I was still pretty nervous around girls but I forced myself to try a little harder. It was difficult for me to express myself around her so, instead, I gave her a collection of Shojo Manga that I thought she would enjoy reading. I think she tries quite hard to make people happy. She makes me happy, at least. 

Franz

I wasn't sure about Franz at first. However he returned the manga he borrowed from me in pristine condition. This boy is clearly on his way to becoming a fellow purist! Sometimes I asked him about his relationship and what it was like. I hope he doesn't get the wrong impression, I just don't know how he can be so himself around a girl like that.

NekoNyan280

I met a girl! (on the internet). She reminded me of Kiara at first because she's not like most girls, but she's quite different from Kiara too. She likes drawing manga girls and sending me them. I think her drawings need a little work, but I tell her they are good anyway. Maybe I'll send her some of my drawings. I'm a little worried it will make her jealous. 

Clubs and Classes

I'm not very good at science so I decided to take Humanities. Maybe learning about different people will help me understand women. Additionally I took Art Club because I love drawing. Sports is just too much like hard work!

Activities

• I took part in an online drawing contest. The winner gets a paid trip to Japan to go to the Tokyo Animation (or ToAni as us fans call it) studio in Japan. I don't think I'll win but I can't help but get my hopes up!
  • On top of reading manga and watching anime I have started drawing my own manga comics. I usually get bored after a few pages and change my mind, then start again. I have tons of idea...I just seem to lack the structure I need to do this seriously. I guess I just have to keep practising. 
  • Now that I'm getting older my dad decided we should do some stuff to try and bond. We started going to japanese language classes once a week. At first this was fun but I'm struggling a bit with the different characters they use when writing. Also the instructer said that I over-emphasize too much and I'm picking up bad habits from watching anime. Apparently real Japanese people dont talk like that. 

The class in Sciences sounded perfect for me to learn more about the structure of robots and how they work. My Science subjects have always been relatively more successful than my Humanities subjects, anyway. As for the choice of clubs, it was unfortunate that we didn't have many choices available to us. I debated going to either club, but eventually decided to improve my fitness in the Sports club.

Social Links

Weston - I introduced him to an online game I saw while surfing the internet, and the two of us have been hooked onto it ever since. Playing games with friends is definitely more fun than playing alone!

Samantha - It soon became clear that the two of us didn't share many common interests, but I satisfied myself with spending the time tutoring her instead. After all, opposites do attract. I'm sure we'll work this out somehow.

Hannah - Even though I didn't really talk to her often, the news of her parents' divorce caught me off-guard. I spent some time sitting with her for lunch, just talking about things in general. I didn't really know how to approach the subject with her, but I read somewhere that the best way to help a friend is just to be with them.

Allie - I had a new idea for a complex robot which I shared with her. Looks like the two of us will be involved in a project that might last until the end of the school year!

Activities

• Tutoring Samantha was hard work, and I realized I didn't know a lot of the more in-depth concepts in the textbook yet. I spent many hours at night randomly searching through Wikipedia just to increase my general knowledge in these matters.
  • I picked up chess against my dad. It was a nice, intellectually stimulating game, but somehow I never managed to win, even if he gave me a piece at the beginning.
  • I've finally started to pick up some G*ndam songs on the piano. The mood is very different from the classical exam pieces that I'm so used to, but with a bit of practice, I should be able to handle it.

Dear D,

Damn, D. New uniforms! So much seems to have changed over the hols too. Some of the girls are actually taller than the guys now (including me in some cases, tch). A couple of us have gotten together too, it seems. Almost caught a black eye from a guy the other day when he noticed me talking to his girlfriend, and I wasn't even hitting on her, honest! Them boys be overprotective, man. Gotta tread carefully now; the playing field's just become a minefield all of a sudden.

About the Classes:

I didn’t want to spend four years of my life studying some highly technical subject that I likely wouldn’t even discuss with your average bimbo layperson, so I decided to take up Humanities instead.

Allie

Well, SHE SAID YES! Which was really awesome. What was less awesome was her dad calling my house the following week and the long conversation he had with my dad. After he put down the phone, dad sat me down and asked me if it was true that I was dating Allie al-Sanchez. When I said yes, he chortled and slapped me on the back, calling me a “young Casanovaâ€. Then his face turned serious and he told me that Allie has something called a mild… Asparagus Syndrome, or at least that’s what I think he said. He made me promise not to do anything to upset her, like I would ever do that to her.

That aside, despite my reputation as the campus flirt, I was surprisingly bereft of experience when it came to actually dating a person, and so did Allie. She had her textbooks, of course, but those heavy books didn't actually tell you the important, practical stuff like where to draw the line for the first date. Is it okay to hold hands or is that jumping the gun?

We (or more specifically, Allie with me looking over her shoulder) did a quick search on those forum-thingies, but the posters couldn't seem to agree on anything. One of them commented," Drawing lines ?????? are you going on a art or a drawing date?", but Allie said that that was just a troll (which I took to mean that the dude's ugly as hell, poor guy).

Allie seemed nervous about going on a date with me, and I knew that it could end up being really awkward if the two of us just started going to places. So instead, I invited her over to my place and we baked a chocolate cake together. After all, she’s always liked using her hands; I remember her messing around with arts and crafts when we were younger.

It seemed to work too; Allie was much less self-conscious when she had a task at hand, and it was totally un-awkward.

To top it off, I found a bottle of rum while going through the cabinets, so we added it to the ingredients for the cake! But not before we had a sip of it too. It makes you feel all warm and giddyyyy. We couldn’t stop giggling too afterwards. It was the first time I had alcohol, and I think it was Allie’s first time too. That’s something special, right?

Mum was there at home at the time, but she made herself scarce up on the second storey. That, by the way, makes her the best wingmum everrrrr. But she came down eventually and saw the empty rum bottle along with two tipsy kids, which made her exasperated. She was really apologetic when Allie’s parents came to pick her up, and made me apologize too. I grinned and waved gaily at Allie before the car drove off though, hehehe.

The next week, I went over to Allie’s place so she could teach me how to use the blog she’d created for me. But her dad was there the whole time keeping an eye on us, which was a bummer. It wasn’t until the end of first year before we finally went someplace on a date together by ourselves, but by then we were comfortable with each other’s company. =D

Max

We shared a couple of classes together, so our paths crossed quite often. I didn’t quite understand his obsession with those “2D waifus†though; how could those two-dimensional characters possibly compare with the real thing itself? You couldn’t get them to laugh at the things you say, nor did they exhibit all those little quirks and mannerisms that we learned about in class.

Franz

Man, Franz has a kind of intensity that draws other people to him. While I was a dilettante determined to try out everything, he was a specialist with an absolutely singular focus. Since I was taking Humanities classes as well, our paths often crossed. He was the kind of friend that you could count on in a pinch though, even if we didn’t find much common ground outside of the classes we shared.

Hannah

Hannah started avoiding me shortly after I began seeing Allie, which bothered me a lot. I hadn’t realized the romantic nature of her feelings towards me before; the other girls had been hinting and teasing the both of us for ages of course, but thinking back on it, perhaps that was precisely what desensitized me to clues regarding her affections. Regardless, this was going to cost me my dearest childhood friend in this world unless I did something about it.

A direct confrontation seemed like it would intimidate her, so I opted instead to pen my feelings down on a letter instead. In the letter, I wrote:

Dear Hannah,

I’m sorry things turned out this way between us. I’ve been a complete idiot (albeit a very handsome one) about your feelings. I do not love you the way you wish me to, and that is something I cannot change. But I have infinite tenderness for you. And I always will. All my life.

Talk to me, Hannah. I don’t want to lose you.

Inigo

The letter seemed uncharacteristically formal, but what’s a guy to do about it? They sure didn’t teach us how to apologize for scenarios like this in school. =/

I called Allie immediately after finishing the letter and told her about the contents of the letter. Wouldn’t want this to come back and bite me in the butt with a misunderstanding with Allie.

Surely it’s not too difficult to see that there’s more than one way to love a person?

About the Clubs

I prefer beauty and brains over brawns, so I went with the Arts clubs. I was particularly interested in the photography club, because I wanted to be able to snap better photos to put up on the blog Allie made me. Also, it gave me a perfectly legit reason to be taking photos of, uh, beautiful things.

Activities

1. I attended quite a number of etiquette workshops organized by the French Club, because how can I properly call myself a gentleman if I didn't know how to interact with the fairer sex in a formal setting?

2. I've started helping out in the Surreality Soup Kitchen this year as an apprentice cook. I figured that it's a great way to hone my culinary skills while doing good. Plus, while I'm handing out hot soup to the poor and needy, I'm earning brownie points with whichever cuties happens to chance by and see me in action. I'm starting to make a name within the welfare community, I reckon.

3. Digital Photography is my hobby of choice this year, and I dabble in it whenever I can, with some help from Allie when it comes to Photosh*pping them. I try to get her to be my model too, but she's still a little too shy about that.

It would be obvious to say that as soon as I entered high school I joined an art club. The Jazz band offered the instruments and environment I was the most interested in and it felt amazing being around so many other junior musicians. Of course that meant I also picked humanities as well.

Jazz Club

As mentioned before I met a lot of fellow musicians. Some were worse than me, some were better than me, and Logan was the best of them all. Some people thought he could even play with his toes!

Franz

My relationship with Franz wasn't anything like it was before. Franz bought me an adorable charm bracelet and I couldn't have thought of gift that could best it. Then that night, he kissed me! A "real" kiss! I felt my face immediately turn as red as an apple and I ended up being too awkward to him before he finally left. I felt guilty that Franz probably thought I hated it but he didn't realize how much of a gooey mess my heart melted into. The next day before classes started, I returned the kiss and he acted the same as I did the night before. We couldn't help but laugh about it.

Max

Franz and Max hung out a lot so I saw Max more often. He seemed more comfortable around me with Franz there, so it was easier for me to get along with his more natural self.

Hannah

Hannah was having a lot of family troubles so I reached out whenever I could. Even though I knew it was incredibly stressing on her, she was handling it a lot better than I would have in the same situation.

Activities

- My music teacher became my mentor. I spent a lot of time in her classroom, learning about music composition and famous and inspiring artists from many genres. She never left any of my questions unanswered, in and out of class.

- I also went to the music room often where I had free reign over many different instruments and equipment. Guitar, percussionpiano and keyboard, basses, and even a little of saxophone.

- I played in a lot of talent shows, most of which I helped promote. On top of that, Daddy recorded all of it so it was easy for me to review my own performances (like the adlib I did when I forgot that verse...).

Middle School was beginning to change things for Kiara. For example, her gymnastics squad was beginning to get a little… bitchy. Her father explained to her it was because of some *insert fatherly menstruation discussion here*, but that wasn’t a real excuse to her. If you have something you need to do, do it, regardless of how much it hurts. So when a girl who had continued antagonizing her finally said she couldn’t do a certain formation for practice because she hurt, Kiara promptly punched her in the face. And got suspended. Her father had to explain to her how suspension was so bad.

But she was otherwise a good student, preferring to take Science classes over Humanities. She also found it useful to sign up for some Sport Club, thinking it would help calm her disruptive thinking by being active.

Activities

- Homework was beginning to become more of an actual load, so she had to begin devoting time to it.

- They offered archery as an extracurricular activity within her P.E. class and guess who was excited to join~

- West kissed me! My first kiss!

Tachi

I’ve been wondering how Tachi has been. I haven’t seen him, let alone spoken to him, in quite a while. I’ve been a bit too tied up with West. And though I don’t see that changing, I still wonder. I dislike losing, let alone losing people I know. It makes me sad. Maybe we’ll get a class together next year and we can try talking again?...

Max

Best friend, as always. My friends kind of mock me cause my best friend is a guy and not a girl but I don’t really care. I think best friends should be those who care about you and want to know you, regardless of gender.

Hannah

We have lockers side-by-side! And right before lunch, too! We will stand at our lockers and just catch up every day. It’s so interesting, it seems like she’s starting to really open herself up to me!

Franz

We are taking swimming together. It’s a lot harder than it seems! Did you know it takes practice to hold your breath for longer amounts of time??? Some things are difficult for me to do but Franz helps me when I’m flailing :p

Kiora chose Humanities, simply because it doesn't sound quite so intelligent as Sciences. They're probably classes she'll end up bunking anyway. She already gets in rather an impressive amount of trouble regardless, so what's a bit more? She also chose to join the Sports club, seeing as she can't draw for shit. Participating in sports is also something she enjoys, and is good at, as she's physically fit and does intend to be a dancer in some way in the future. 

Hannah has turned out to be a surprise. She did quite well as Alice, and she didn't seem quite as scared of her as everyone else. They'd hang out a few times a week, and interactions like this made her realise how different her life is to everyone else's. Still, it was nice to have a new friend outside of her own social group. 

Sam hasn't been around so much lately, but Kiora still sees her at school sometimes. She and Hannah are some of her only female acquaintances, which is nice, even if they are completely different from her own group of friends. 

Aiden & Tobias Two guys from her group of friends, one of whom was her first kiss - Tobias. They're slightly older, but she's known them a long time. They're both sons of pub regulars, who she pretty much grew up with, but didn't get closer to until the last few years. Now they're all in Middle School, they can hang out more. 

Activities: 

• Joined the cheerleaders. Got to step up her gymnastics, but it shouldn't be too hard. She's only little, so she'll likely be a flyer.
  • Almost got suspended for starting a fight with an older girl, who tried to bully her. One black eye, and a few lost teeth later, the girl won't ever bother her again. She managed to sweet talk her way out of suspension, but did get a week of detention.
  • Started to actually pay some attention in class, as all the teachers tell her constantly that she'll never amount to anything if she doesn't try. 

Chapter V: Teenager (High School, year 1)

The middle school years weren’t very eventful.

Maximillion’s obsession with Japan filled with brain with knowledge about their culture, turning him into a bonafide japanophile with extensive knowledge of the most useless information. He also took his art to the next level, turning simple illustrations into manga; he even started calling himself a mangaka.

Hannah was actually happier than ever when her parents divorced. Custody was assigned to her mother, who remained in Surreality. Her father moved to Twilight.

Weston had been filling his brain with information whenever possible and became known as an egghead.

Samantha's relationship with Tachi was still going strong. They started having more things in common; she had taken an interest in Science and he had started running with her.

Inigo developed into a gentleman. Maybe it was because of Allie? Either way, he had become a well liked young man.

Emma’s talents as a musician developed. While she wasn’t that quick with her fingers, she did learn how to work a crowd and became a great performer.

Tachimitsu's history with sports and his recent running dates with Samantha had made him a decent athlete.

Kiara had little common sense, even by a 13 year old’s standards. At least she was having fun.

Allie had been diagnosed with asperger's. What kind of strain would that put on her relationship with Inigo?

Kiora was hanging out with people her age more. Progress!

Franz delved into the world of politics and everyone could tell that this is where he was destined to be. He also gained quite some skill as a politician.

-----

That is enough about your past; let’s talk about the present. You are now 16 years old, about to enter high school and finally old enough for a proper part time job.

Tell me about your plans! What four people do you want to hang out with? What three activities do you want to focus on during high school? What kind of part time job (if any) are you going for?

(OOC: From this point on, results of events are decided through RNG. So if you tell me you want to apply for a job at the supermarket, a roll of the dice decides whether you get the job or not. Also, relationship gains have been doubled, as you are old enough to understand the value of a meaningful relationship.)

Tell me about your plans! What three people do you want to hang out with? What activities do you want to focus on during high school? What kind of part time job (if any) are you going for?

Kiora

Girls still gotta do girl things. She introduced me to the colourful world of cosmetics. Beautiful. I can't imagine how I have lived life without it before. Who doesn't love piling creams and powders on their faces. Don't even get me started on those amazing hair curlers...

Emma

Bumped into her while hanging in the bar one day. We knew each other existed before, but didn't bother to push interaction beyond that. I'm not sure if it's the relaxed ambience or the drinks, but we ended up chatting a little that night either way.

Tachi

Brought him along on one of my secret stargazing trips. Kinda just sneaked to his apartment and lured him out through the window, but let's not bore people with trivial details. He was sure one day technology would advance enough to allow him to fly all the way up there.

"In a giant robot suit?" I remembered asking him.

"In a giant robot suit." He answered.

I suppose it's still cooler than my idea of climbing up to the skies.

Giovanni

I think we're close enough friends to warrant some probing now. Finally worked up some courage and asked him about his background. He just told me he'd be heir to his father's famous restaurant business. Apparently the restaurant offers world famous fried noodles. I asked him about education, but he'd only say he's being homeschooled right now.

At least that explains why he's always hanging in the bar.

Marathon 

My mother left a pamphlet on my desk one day.

'Surreality Marathon 2014 - Run for Charity!'

Eh. Why not.

Parkour Group

My reputation as a good runner spread pretty quick. Eventually found myself chilling among a group of like minded people. We'd do cool stunts, shoot them in slow-mo, then put them on youtube. The police weren't too happy with our shenanigans, but we just out-ran them every time they popped by. The rush you feel as you leap from wall to wall - it's almost like an addiction. Sometimes I'd perch myself on the highest roofs in the little town and just stargaze the night away.

Poker

Tried my hand at poker after seeing the bar patrons having fun with it. I've noticed psychological warfare plays a big part in it, on top of having a good grasp of the game mechanics. No worries though - I'm getting good at tweaking and controlling every little bit of my body language. Attaining good luck, on the other hand...

JOB - Waitress

Giovanni recommended me an odd job at his father's restaurant, as a waitress. The customers look more threatening than usual; heavily tattooed and beefy guys would march in and hang out for hours. But hey - his father's offering me pretty good rates! Scary or not, I'm not gonna pass up a $9/hr job. Will be going in for a quick interview soon.

My days in middle school quickly shifted to the "golden" years of high school. For the first time, I felt that my obssession with music was becoming a true talent, especially with my dedication as a member of the Jazz Club. My relationship with Franz was also stronger than ever, more notably after I surprised Franz with tickets to our favorite band (something we both equally raved about) which was as fun as it was passionately romantic between the two of us. With help from my parents, I applied for a job at the local music store. Along with music and instruments, they offered tutor lessons and while I was far from great my goal was to eventually move up into that position.

Jazz Club

Many of the old members of our middle school club banded (hah!) together to migrate the club to high school. Half of our time was spent practicing, preforming, etc while the other half was spent chatting. Of course the teacher would only come by when we were chatting but at least we had the results to prove we weren't just hanging out.

Max

I got really into shoujo manga, indirectly through Max. He would sometimes roll his eyes whenever I amusingly fangirl'd over the lead sempai who had too much of troubled past to appropraitely display his affections to the heroine and I returned the favor with his massive harem collection. Either way, he was the first to tell me of any the new trending shoujos, followed by a "baka".

Kiora

I started spending more time with Kiora and visited her pub often. She knew how to relax, she knew how to party, and she was a pretty seductive dancer for her age. Sometimes I felt too immature for her and she often got in fights but she really was a great person. She even gave me my first taste of alcohol! Don't tell Daddy.

Hannah

Practically half of my classes I shared with Hannah and I was glad for that. She was always so happy and bubbly that I never really had a bad day and of course being the girls we are, we gossiped a lot.

Activites

- The jazz band did a lot of performances, so we practiced constantly. I mostly played piano, guitar or sang so I focused my energy on those.

- We also held competitive play-offs within the club in a dueling-banjos fashion to help us learn how to recreate music on the spot. I was always a little slower but I was getting the hang of it.

- I was in charge of writing lyrics for the band. Even though there were hardly any lyrics that were needed for a jazz band, I became pretty self conscious of my writing and ended up reading a lot of poetry for inspiration.

The first year of high school was an entryway to some amazing experiences in my life. I ran for Student Council President once again, and was slowly getting more and more recognition. Emma surprised me with tickets to our favorite band which was amazing, and after we rocked out to the point of us both sweating and a hair a mess, we just...started that next step and instantly started making out. It was easily one of the most epic, passionate, and gratifying moments in our life when we both started laughing afterward. Other than my relationship flying so well, I applied to actually work at the mayor's office. I wanna start saving up for a car!

Max

I finally started to get into some manga he was showing me. And I actually went out and found some on my own. I enjoyed detective story stuff, and got real into Case Closed. But Max and I slowly were becoming thick as thieves. He's the first guy friend I could call a best friend. I spent about as much time with him as I did with Emma, and they liked hanging out now together! We're becoming a three man band, haha.

Kiora

I didn't really start hanging out with her. I signed up for a tutoring position at our school, and they paired me with Kiora, whom I hadn't interacted almost at all with for most of my life. I think I got a bad interpretation of her. She's nice, and she's actually smart, she just doesn't wanna do a lot of the work sometimes, which is understandable. But I've been helping her with her school work, since I don't want her to feel like she isn't worth anything like the teachers tell her. Everyone is worth something.

Inigo

I ended up being around Inigo a lot more than I thought I would once again. Which made me start to realize that, he's a super awesome guy to be around. He has passion and it shows. I'm hoping he might like to join my slowly enlarging group of friends. We have a lot of fun and I feel he and Allie would enjoy being around us.

Allie

Being probably one of the smartest people in our class, I started to do some study sessions along with some tutoring with people, and I started studying with Allie. She helps me figure stuff I don't know out, which helps me do my tutoring. Plus she's really nice and I hope she and Inigo wanna hang out with Emma, me, and Max every now and again.

Activities

As I said earlier, I decided to sign up as a tutor for someone in my class, and I feel this was a good chance for me to not only learn a little more and meet new people, but to understand others more. I feel like I haven't given everyone a fair chance and want to be more open to who I can call a friend. Tutoring really is a great way to do all that..

I took as many Languages as I could my first year. I started Spanish and French, and was slowly learning more and more languages. It was actually kinda fun one night when Emma and I went for a walk and I said, "I love you" in French in her ear. The red in her face was the best.

Surprisingly, no one in my Swimming Club wanted to step up as Captain. I decided to take on the position. I was still not the best swimmer, but I was getting good, and I was good with organization and such. So I was given the Captain's position which made me work even harder at the club. I actually got a key to the locker rooms, which has a back door. Emma and I started to sneak in every once in a while to go swim at night. We liked to keep it secret. Plus I never did many 'bad' things, so it felt a little invigorating to do something like that.

I am no longer Weston Finagle! I am the Black Mage-Knight of the Ebon Abyssal Flame of Darkness, KURO NOIR! Be annihilated by the Stygian flames of the universe's twilight!

... I'm going to spend the rest of my days trying to forget my middle school days.

Interactions:

In the course of middle school, I got to know the fellow students in the science class better, especially Hannah, Samantha and Tachi, and I stuck closer to them in High School too. They know me a tad too well, and they will never cease to remind me of my first kiss -- that is, when I planted a wet sloppy kiss on Kiara's lips before declaring, "You thought that your first kiss would be with Weston, but it is I, Kuro Noir!"

I must find Tachi's audio recording of it and destroy it. There is no other way.

Kiara was pretty embarrassed by those shenanigans, and I paid her more attention in hopes of someday making it up to her.

Activities:

- My science teacher suggested I read up more on topics that interested me. I have to say that quantum physics is fascinating, even if there's good reason why Feynman said "If you think you understand quantum mechanics, you don't understand quantum mechanics."

BOSONS. HOW DO THEY WORK.

- Max got even better at drawing than I did -- clearly, he'd been getting a lot more practice. I couldn't afford to fall behind, and resolved to practice more until I could figure out how to draw passable feet.

- On a whim, I entered a trivia competition in school. I probably ended up clinching second place because the competition was as dumb as rocks.

Job:

I decided to try my luck at applying for a job to help out at the local library. It didn't pay much, but I was hoping I'd get to read all the books I liked during lulls.

1 person likes this

Weston

Well, we had our first big fight. We quit talking for a couple of days but we’re good now. Holdin’ hands and makin’plans~ We’ve been going on dates, now that we have a little money to spend. It’s nice. I couldn’t ask for a better boyfriend <3

Max

Through thick and thin, he’s always there and that didn’t change when Weston and I took a break. He was there for me and helped me get through it. He even took over walking me to my classes and listening to me bawl. Embarassing x.x

Hannah

We have classes together, eeeeeek!!! Starting to get into trouble for chattering in class but I don’t much mind. The teacher isn’t that strict anyway.

Tachi

We got a class together. I’m nervous on how that will go but excited to talk to him again. I guess I’ll find out….

Activities

- I joined the archery club!

- My parents said they’d help me pay for a car so they’re helping me study for my driver’s test.

- Homework, homework, homework! Along with the stress of new people and a new school. Eeek! Acne x.x

Job

Unfortunately, with so many people looking for jobs, not many were hiring. A fast food joint was, though, and she promptly put in her application before they changed their mind.

Art Club - as High School began I kept going with my art. I'm thinking about moving to Japan one day and getting my own manga published. I finally came up with a really great idea for a manga.

Kiara - with Weston going through his chuunibyou phase he was getting a little hard to be around. I found myself spending more time with my old friend Kiara.

Franz - we are becoming really good friends. He seems like he can get on with most people, and integrates with their interests quite naturally. I enjoy hanging out with him and Emma wasn't that awkward considering they were dating. They were a good couple, they didn't make me cringe like most young couples do.

Hannah - I kept hanging out with Hannah and often brought her shoutout manga to read. I found one for her about a boy who wishes to become to to a fictional host school and become the greatest host in Japan, but finds himself having peculiar feelings for a boy in his class who is a bit of a jerk. I didn't really get it, I suppose that's why it's aimed at girls.

Emma - Somehow I have found myself having more female friends than male. Girls don't really scare me as much. I have realised that they have just as weird preconceptions about guys as we do about them. I don't think this is a bad thing though. We are all entitled to our fantasies. I am beginning to realise that I might never have a romantic relationship with girls. I'd much rather live out my fantasies than become what others feel is normal.

Activities

- I have finally got to work on my own manga comic. It's about 4 high school girls who secretly have magical powers and fight rival magical girl gangs from other schools. My favourite character I have created is a talking cat that always says perverted things.

- I've bumped my Japanese classes up to twice a week now. I'm starting to get the hang of it. Speaking the language is almost becoming second nature but I still need to work on my writing. We are starting to look at cultural differences and how to behave in social situations in Japan. I long to visit there one day.

- I have been invited to become a moderator on a manga and anime discussion forum. Since I am one of the more well informed members and I am active quite a lot they decided I would be best for the position.

Part Time Job - I've applied for a part time job in a comic book store. It mostly deals with western comics but there is a small manga section. I suppose that is sort of irrelevant though as the position is to work behind the coffee bar.

Inigo

I heard that Allie had Aspergers, but she and Inigo were as happy as ever. They had been together for so long, I was starting to forget I ever had feelings for him. Maybe it was just some kind of passing crush.

Then again, I hadn't met anyone else who was better than Inigo. He continued to be nice to me in his own Inigo way, but I was careful not to seem too enthusiastic. One cannot be too friendly with guys who are attached, after all. And so I danced around trying to be friendly but avoiding at the correct moment. It was tiring to me and I don't think Allie even cared very much. She isn't the jealous sort of girl. I still continued my behaviour, though. It's sorta for my sake, to remind myself not to lose self-control, ever.

Dayvid

It was during this time that I went online and made friends there. I saw Max doing it, in some anime site. While I wasn't too interested in anime fandoms, I did find other forum communities for my other interests, and soon I befriended a guy whose real name was Dayvid Dorrimer. He lived in Twilight and seemed rather nice.

Allie

Since Allie looks to be Inigo's steady girlfriend from now on, I did my best to get to know her better too. She was very receptive to that gesture, which made things much easier. She's really smart, and Inigo's often praising her for her tech smarts and how she helped him decorate his website and everything. It reminded me of how very inferior I was, but I succeeded in looking eager to learn. I was very bad at technology so I often couldn't keep up with her. But it was a new topic to talk to Dayvid about too. He seemed pretty alright in such stuff and taught me some of the parts I didn't get from Allie's lessons.

Kiara

I couldn't believe it, but it looked like Kiara really liked being with me! I would have thought we were very different -- and she had so many friends after all -- but she would catch up with me and chat almost everyday, and we would talk about all kinds of things. I didn't have very much to offer (I didn't know as much about technology, or anime, just yet) but it was fun even chatting about mundane things. And to have somebody to pair up with if we had group projects in class and all that. Also, I am good at giving advice, so Kiara would ask me what to do about issues in life, dilemmas about which course to take, and I would impart some of my opinions.

Activities:

1. I started to watch some anime I liked. I wasn't very fond of Max's shoujo stuff, but one day D.G*ay-Man (any meaning derived from this is purely unintentional) was aired on TV and I got hooked. From then on I began researching about anime on my own, and soon I was clued in on most of the anime trends.

However, the more important thing was that I discovered my love for J-rock. Anime would always take second place to my first love for Japanese music. Unfortunately Emma was not very interested in Japanese rock music (she liked music in general, but not specifically J-rock). I became well-versed with the J-rock industry (but no, I still can't play music).

2. I volunteered to be an usher at the National Day Parade. I would learn to deal with difficult people (I wanted to do my best to pacify them, but unfortunately some people just couldn't be pacified no matter what) and make the experience enjoyable for them in my own little way. It was nerve-wracking dealing with a bunch of strangers who all wanted the "best seats", but I had an entire team of people to help me so I wasn't as scared.

3. I started to speak up more in class. I would do my homework promptly and raise my hand to ask immediately if I had any questions. I would also make wisecracks in class and let everyone laugh. In fact, I was just starting to become more comfortable around people in general. It felt good considering I was such a shy young girl in the past. However, lessons were getting very difficult in high school so I got into this mysterious state where I looked like some kind of top student in class, but whenever exam results came out I was actually quite lacklustre.

Job

I really just wanted a job, any job, so when I saw an opening for telemarketing I tried for it (not knowing that it is one of the worst jobs in the universe).

Samantha

After my little stargazing rendezvous with her, I began thinking about the future. After all, who would build a giant robot suit that could fly to the moon apart from the people in my generation? We were going to be the next pioneers in science and engineering. I decided that I'd one day make something amazing like that. And then, perhaps I'd take her to the moon with me.

Allie

Even though our little robot-building 'competitions' continued, I started to feel less jealous when she would come up with something amazing. I began to accept that there were bound to be people better than me in what I did. Instead, I began to discuss with her my plans for building a G*ndam that could go to the moon. She looked at me as though I was insane, but then again, only an insane person could come up with ideas like this in the first place. Still, she offered to help should I ever start on the project in the future. I'm glad to have friends like her.

Kiara

It seemed like we were placed in the same class this year, and I couldn't help but think back on our toddler days. Since when did we stop talking so much? One day after class, I asked her to play ninja spies with me, which she seemed to love very much. Her love for ninjas reminded me of mine for robots, and we talked about cyborg ninja robots late into the night.

Max

Since I was hanging out with Weston and Kiara a lot, I decided to get to know Max better as well, since he was best friends with them too. He seemed like a really nice guy, but when I began talking to him about G*ndam he suddenly went into a long rant about how inaccurately the 'oppais' of the female cast were portrayed, even though it was pretty great to watch them bounce. It was a refreshing yet strange discussion, and I felt weirdly enlightened afterwards.

Activities

• In high school I aced a test to 'accelerate' our learning, which meant that I could study subjects one year in advance. It was tough, but I think I learned a lot of useful knowledge and taught myself how to be disciplined.
  • I began composing my own piano pieces that sounded strangely like the ones from G*ndam. Perhaps it was a sign of where my inspiration came from. I played one of them to Samantha, but I was so nervous that I screwed up at quite a few parts. Still, she told me that it was great, which made he do a dance in my head.
  • I took some lessons in drawing from Weston. I'm not much of an artist myself, but at least now I can draw things other than stick men!

Job

I liked the idea of flexible work hours, so I started to advertise myself as a software designer on my blog. Hopefully some commissions will start coming in soon!

Inigo

Rum tastes soooooooo good. And so does rum-chocolate cake. My first date with Inigo was amazing; he was so nice and thoughtful. And the rum was sooooooooo good. I'm really glad that we found it, though Dad seemed upset. Mom said it was "just kids," though, and calmed him down.

We had lots of good times besides that. It was kinda awkward because we weren't really sure how relationships worked. I was the first to hold his hand, though (well, it was because I put my hand over his on the mouse to show him what to do), and I gave him some kisses on the cheek. It might have been "too fast," but he didn't seem to mind.

Tachi

Tachi seems to be less jealous now, so I'm happy. He said he wants to go to the moon with his G*ndam, though, but that's going to be hard. I mean, they need rocket scientists to shoot things into space; how could we come up with their synthetic materials and everything? Well, if we work together, maybe we'll come up with something that won't kill him when he goes up. Maybe we can use rats as test subjects or something to make sure it's safe. Maybe he should try to become an astronaut first?

Hannah

I think Hannah and I are friends now. I showed her some stuff on the computer, and she seemed interested in it. She was a little slow in picking up some parts, but that's normal, I guess. Inigo was the same when I was teaching him how to blog. She's still kinda weird sometimes when we hang out together, even though I told her I'm happy that we're friends and that she's friends with Inigo and I liked all of us being friends, and I won't be jealous just because she knew him longer than I did.

Franz

I started hanging out with him because he wanted me to explain class stuff to him, and I didn't mind. He's pretty cool, I guess. I don't really know him that well; I think we used to play together when we were little.

Activities

- After discovering the wonders of rum, I used the chemistry equipment my mom bought for me and instructions from the Internet to make my own. The first bottle I gave to Inigo, so he could replace the one we drank. It wasn't quite as good, but Dad put his foot down at buying oak casks and storing them in our basement for a couple of years. I made a video of the process to post online, too!

- Franz convinced me to join him in tutoring. I guess it's pretty easy for me, and it's great to be able to help other people. I used to not explain very well, but when I spent more time with the people I'm teaching, I got a better understanding of how they learn and the best way for me to help them. ^^

- I'm still reading a ton on all sorts of subjects. I just really love learning, so there isn't a lot that can bore me. The Internet has SO MUCH INFORMATION. And puzzles. I do more than a dozen logic puzzles, cryptograms, number games, etc. a day. They're so much fun!

Job

I figured that with my practice in graphic design, computer programming, and website creation, I could start earning money from it. So I started to advertise online with a portfolio of some of my other sites--the really good thing about the Internet is that people don't know you're only 16, but they judge on quality. I'm hoping that means I can get some commissions!

Job

Kiora works at the pub, obviously. Not serving drinks, as she isn't legal, but she's been helping out for years now, and gets an allowance for it. Not anywhere near as much as the posh kids at school, but it's enough for her. Those twats couldn't pour a pint to save their lives. Or drink one, for that matter.

Activities

• Cheerleading. She became friends with the Captain, and is now finding that she's considered 'popular'. Apparently being a cheerleader at highschool requires being fake and bitchy, but she doesn't comply with those 'rules' and still hangs out with her other friends too. Double apparently, this makes her 'unusual', and not hated {much} by the other students. She's always been a bit strange though, in other people's eyes, so she's used to it. 
  • Losing her virginity to Aiden, which annoyed Tobias, so she slept with him too. Having sex definitely made her life even more fun. 
  • Doing school work. It's dull mostly, but she gets tutored now, despite not really needing it, and having someone push her helps keep her motivated. Besides, it's keeping the teachers off her back a bit too.

Interactions

Franz - Her tutor. Someone she's never noticed before, but he's sweet, and very clever. He barely knows her, and yet he seems to believe in her abilities, regardless. He's smarter than she is, but he doesn't flaunt it. Her grades are definitely improving because of him. Hopefully cheerleading practice won't clash too much with their sessions. 

Emma - She seems really innocent and naive, but she's okay. Drinking alcohol was obviously a bit deal for her, but Kiora won't hold her naivety against her.  She's aware that everyone else's upbringing was different from her own, and her home aka the pub, is a novelty to other people as well. Emma's free to keep coming around, but Kiora's not sure where the 'friendship' will go. Then again, she's been meeting so many new people lately, who knows?

Amber - Cheerleading Captain. Tall, thin and blonde, naturally, but her choreographer needs some work, in Kiora's eyes. Not as hot and amazing as she likes to think she is, but Kiora has chosen to watch from the sidelines, waiting for her downfall, instead of bringing it about herself. She's too young to step up as Captain right now, but maybe in the next year.

Sam - Sam seems to come and go. Perhaps she's scared? Either way, Kiora is slowly teaching her more about the fun of being a girl. Why is everyone so sheltered around here?!

Chapter VI: Teenager (High School, year 2)

The first year of highschool was over and everyone managed to find a job.

Maximillion became a barrista at a… comic book store? Well, at least he was having fun.

Hannah somehow thought that she would make the world a happier place by learning everything there is to know about J-pop and telemarketeering. Made made dane.

Weston’s skills as an artist developed into him becoming a fine artist thanks to his attention to detail. Whether he actually was one was debatable (so was whether if it was his chuuni acting up or not), but he sure fancied himself a scientist. He also somehow managed to secure a job at library. Imagine all the disappointed men hoping for a hot librarian, but instead they get Weston.

Samantha continued training. Her skills as a freerunner were already good, but she had now become a well rounded athlete. She also turned into a great con artist. She also managed to get a job at the restaurant, but it doesn’t seem like she works there because she likes noodles…

Inigo spent his time with Allie, Tachi, Samantha and Emma. He also spent more time on his schoolwork and less time on charming people. (Job is pending)

Emma continued developing her musical talents. Being able to play instruments is great, but the ability to improvise without sounding stupid was a talent on its own. Emma had become great as a musical improviser. A job at the music store was great for her; even if she spent 80% of the time sitting behind the counter.

Tachimitsu’s skill as an artist developed to the point that he became a capable designer. He also put these skills to  work in his job as a software designer.

Kiara had reached the point in her life where she had to start working towards her goal. Instead of doing that she spent time worrying about her driver’s license and getting a job at a burger joint. Cutting burgers is almost the same as cutting people?

Allie studies have lead her to become a self-proclaimed psychologist. Even if she didn’t have the academic credentials, she was sure she understood other people. She also had a lot of fun designing websites for other people.

Kiora’s reputation was tarnished by Tobias and Aiden. Two boys who she didn’t share any meaningful relationship with, but had still slept with. She learned that teenage boys are idiots and can’t wait to boast about their conquest. Kiora was now known as an easy lay. At least they didn’t give her crabs. Oh! And she became quite a great dancer.

Franz continued with his ordinary life during the first year. The only excitement he had this year was the job as a coffee boy at the Mayor’s office. He hadn’t gotten to meet the mayor though.

-----

Now it is time to start thinking of your future. Besides your three activities and 4 interactions I would like to know what you plan on doing after you finish high school. Are you going to Surreal State University? Are you going to get a job? Are you going to slack on the couch all day? What is it going to be?

(OOC: With regards to jobs. As long as you are employed you have to spend at least 1 activity on your job every chapter. Failing to do so will mean you lose your job. You are free to spend more than 1 activity, if you so desire, and you get paid per activity spent doing your job.)