Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seanzilla

Sean's Game of Life

107 posts in this topic

Plans after high school

I didn't really have big dreams and ambitions like every one else. What more can I ask from the world, when it has already given me everything? I found myself idly palming an apple from the supermarket I was in and walking straight out of the store. I'll take everything this Earth has to offer, easy peasy. College... get a job... settle down?

Nah. Gonna live life free as a bird. College comes first, though.

Weston - Being all chummy with Tachi eventually exposed me to some of his friends in his circle. I was already acquaintances with Weston, but other than his obvious love for art, I wasn't aware of any other hobbies he had. Today, that changed. The three of us sat down and chatted about inane things, but it was an enjoyable experience either way.

Inigo - Inigo is shaping up to be the popular kid of Surreality High School. He's getting even better at spinning on his head his Hip Hop dance routine. Sometimes I'd attempt to join in and mimic his moves when he was out practicing during class breaks.

Kiora - I tried telling Kiora she could team up with Inigo and form a dance group, but she explained that she specialized in another type of dancing. Then she went ahead and showed off some moves to me. I suppose this emoji would sum up my reaction pretty well : O:

Sergio Giancarlo - By now, I'm already sorta kinda aware of what I'm getting into, and who I am hanging with. I don't mind though. Cool people will be cool people, irregardless of background. Giovanni kept opening doors for me, allowing me to peer into the shadier underbelly of Surreality. Saying I wasn't intriguied would be lying.

Naturally, the people in his family started noticing me too. And I don't mean his biological family. I was introduced to one of his friends - Sergio Giancarlo. A little older, a little bigger, but still smaller than Giovanni in rank. One would say he's pratically Giovanni's right hand man. He taught me much about his trade - each little scar had a cool story behind it. I found myself rubbing the little band aid stuck on my nose. Maybe I'll be as cool as them one day.

Waitress - Balancing so many plates of noodles while weaving through all these swarms of beefy men wasn't as easy as I thought. And I'm not even talking about getting distracted by the manly eye candy - they're practically leaving me zero space to squeeze through! Eventually I learnt the art of noodle balancing, and my confidence has soared since then.

Leading double life - My library lie can only work for so long. Naturally, my parents have started questioning my decisions and activities. Going out so late that often? Working as a mere waitress? Getting a what, a boyfriend? At this age?!  I did what teenagers did best, of course - lied through my teeth. Layers and layers of deception and trickery, designed to distance myself from my parents' probing. And boy, was I good at it.

Learning how to fight - Working in a questionable restaurant has it's downsides too; I got into quite a few potential scuffles while working there. A certain Mr Beefy McMuscle wasn't happy his noodles were lukewarm instead of piping hot - the way he likes it - and swung his beer bottle towards me. If not for Giovanni's timely rescue, I probably won't be here recollecting my memories now. I still got a slight scratch from the incident though - a little cut on the bridge of my nose. Fixed it with Tachi's handy little band aid bot, of course. Tried to pass the band aid off in school as a fashion trend. I think it's catching on?

Either way, that little scuffle opened my eyes to the meanies residing in this world. I needed to learn how to defend myself, and fast. So I did.

Chapter 5: Teenager (High School, year 1)
Dear D, 

It seems to me that the more I grow up and gain in experience, the more life speeds up. I wonder if it's just like these CUPs Allie sometimes talks about - that a fast processing speed means it goes through data more efficiently. I wonder if it's the same for everybody or if it's just me.

Allie
Allie and I are still exploring our relationship every day, discovering each other's idiosyncrasies and quirks. It's like what one of the characters on How I Met Your Mummy put it," A relationship is like taking a course on someone else's life. You learn all about him or her." Whatever fears I might have harbored about her receptiveness have largely dissipated; she's proving to be a really affectionate person and I'm always more than happy to reciprocate. ^^

Tachi
Tachi is the most popular person in class, and I was pretty curious to know why. Allie told me it's his thing with robots and anime, of which the latter seems to be the defining cultural imprint on our generation. I can understand the appeal here, so I tried to get into it a bit. I read a couple of wikipedia pages on these Gund*m mechines so that I could at least talk about them. 

Samantha
Sammie's started putting on make-up and gaining some notoriety around town. I'm trying to get her to teach me some of these parkour moves - the simpler stuff like handstands, mind. I'm not athletic at all, but am mighty endurable, as it turns out.

Emma
I see her mostly in music history classes nowadays, but occasionally when she had a jazz performance in school, I'd turn up to spectate and support her, with a bouquet in hand of course. But I always make sure to keep the bouquet small because every gentleman knows you don't ever try to upstage another fellow man when it comes to his girlfriend.

Activities:
1. Man, I love the humanities. Most of the homework isn't actually work at all - stuff like watching the entire Mad Women series or reading The History of Love. So I was extra diligent and enthusiastic about schoolwork this year.

2. I've started gymming in order to sustain some of the parkour tricks that Sammi is teaching me. It makes me feel more confident about my body too!

3. To complement my natural charisma, I'm reading self-help stuff like How To Talk About Anime You've Never Watched to try and cover my blindspots. 

Job
I'm still emceeing for charity events for free, but this year I've started branching out into emceeing for other student clubs and Surreality Secondary for a small fee. It can be terribly stressful being the face of an event, but I sense a certain affinity with the job so I'm trying to make it work. Fingers crossed!

Hanging on,

Inigo

I have decided that after high school I am going to apply for an art degree course at Surreal State University. I chose Storyboarding, Life Drawing, Location Drawing as my core subjects on the application form. I chose Marketing as an elective.

Franz - spending time with Franz makes me want to work harder. his drive to succeed is somewhat infectious.

Emma - She is a great girl, spending time with her has really boosted my confidence.

Kiara - my best friend at the moment. We are getting on very well.

NekoNyan280 - We've been getting on famously. She has been to several cosplay conventions. She says she will try to visit a convention near me at some point and we can go together.

Activities

- I am now acting as the teachers assistant in my Japanese class. I am fluent in reading and writing now. Hopefully I will be able to visit Japan one day and practice with real Japanese people.

- While at work I often draw some of the customers if it is quiet. I'm getting the hang of making coffee now and I enjoy talking to the customers and hearing their stories.

- I pulled some extra shifts at work. My manager caught a glimpse of some of some panels I was drawing for my manga on my break. He said if I complete enough to fill a tankobon book he has some publishing friends who can get it printed for me, and if it's any good he will sell it in the store and give me a cut of the proceeds.

Kiora would never get into University, even if she did have any desire to go, which she does not. She just wants to dance, so any future involved with that would be great for her. Until then, she'll carry on working at the pub. 

Tobias - her boyfriend. Kinda. Open relationship, so they have the option of sleeping with other people, as well as sleeping with each other. Who said romance was dead?

Franz - he continues to tutor her, and it's really helping. She does, however, feel as though his time could be better spent elsewhere, as she has no intention of being book smart, or going to college. He could be studying for himself - not that he needs it - or just enjoying his free time. 

Activities:

- Working at the pub. Pretty much what she's done for most of her teenage life so far. 

- More cheerleading, as always. Plus some gymnastics. Going to football games to cheer on the school team is more fun than she thought it would be. People get so excited about the parties afterwards, but she's used to being around alcohol, and therefore doesn't see the big deal.

- Sleeping with the football team, all at the same time. Jokes. It was individually. 

This year was pretty good for me. My step-father and my mother both got new jobs and started travelling a bit. So I was left to man the house for a week or so about 3 times a year. It was a nice feeling of responsibility. Not only that, but things between Emma and I have progressed even further...it's a little embarrassing to say in all honesty. I'll explain it when it comes up. But either way, I had my first glass of champagne this year during New Years which I spent with Emma, Max, Inigo and Allie. I had invited them to stay at my place for the night since my parents went out of the country for business. They let me open a bottle of very nice champagne which I think everyone enjoyed. I did feel bad for Max not having someone to kiss when the moment came, so instead we did a big group hug and later Emma and I kissed for good luck in the year to come. That year I decided it would be best for me to look into some colleges, which Surreality U. is just the simplest choice, but I'm hoping if my grades are high enough and they like me record of clubs and activities, I can get into an Ivy League school for International Peace Studies. I think I want to be an ambassador when I get out of college. I'd love to be an ambassador to a country like Turkey so I'd be able to see Hasad or to Germany to see my father more often. I haven't heard from my dad in a few months though, I'm hoping things are alright there.

Kiora - I started tutoring her a little less as the year went on because I needed to study a little more myself, but I continued to help when she asked. It's strange how she has the drive to study when I help, but still has little interest in it still...I know she's smart. Not like schools want her to be, but more like...just someone who has genuine intelligence deep down. A deep thinker who chooses not to think too deep. She's an interesting person and I respect her.

Max - Max and I are real close now. He opened up about his online friend NekoNyan and I was happy to hear he found someone to talk to with how much time he spends on his computer. She seems to like him a little from the messages he's shown me and I told him if he wanted me to help him arrange something when she was nearby someday soon, I offered to help fund a trip to a convention which I'd maybe wanna go with Emma too as well. 

Inigo - Inigo seems to enjoy hanging around me more often than he used to. Maybe we've finally warmed up to one another enough where we can call each other good friends. He's a real cool guy to be around and I find him to be a delight to be around.

Allie - Being around Inigo more has also brought me to be around Allie more. She's a very sweet girl and I think she and Inigo are lucky to have one another. They're inseparable.

Activities

Mayor's Office Job - Things have been pretty good at the office. I'm not just the coffee boy anymore. I've been asked to close up the office once or twice now and again which makes me feel I'm being trusted more. 

Swim Team - We went to State this year, didn't do terribly well, but our team seems to be getting better.

I found myself using the pool with Emma more and more and...as promised, here's what happened where our relationship progressed a little. I told her to meet me at the locker room one night for our night swim and I was changing when she walked in early and, well, saw me in the Full Monty. I don't think I was ever so embarrassed in my life. But after running to the showers she came after me and, walking backwards gave me my towel. We ended up leaving without going swimming that day, but we said we'd try again when we weren't so flustered. A week later I went to get ready and she was there, waiting, and she told me that she wanted to be more comfortable with herself and me, so she got naked in front of me and asked me to do the same. After that, we just blushed a moment but then started laughing. We hugged and that's when I got my first erection. We settled on swimming and I kept away slightly to hide the fact which ended up in a sort of tag game. It went away and we finished later and walked home hand in hand. It really shows how much our relationship has progressed, now that we're comfortable naked with one another.

Driving Classes - I got my permit, so now I had to take some Driving Courses. I decided to take a little time off from trying to run for Student Counsel, as I never won the vote. I focused real hard on these classes so I could get my license that way when I bought my first car, hopefully next year, I'd be able to drive it immediately.

I wasn't really sure what I'd go to University for seeing as how set I was to become the greatest musician to have ever blessed this small town. Either way, I decided it couldn't hurt to further my education so I took studying pretty seriously.

Samantha

I visited the pub more often and if I wasn't reading at the bar, I was chatting and playing pool with Samantha. It looks like she's really close the pub's family and they look a tad bit shady, but it wasn't any of my business.

Max

It's hard to believe that only a few years ago Max would suddenly run away from me in the middle of our talks. It's nice to know that he's gotten more comfortable around me.

Inigo

Inigo seemed like the Jazz Club's biggest fan! He was at almost all our performances and was a huge supporter. When some of us created our own band, he was the first to know and the first to receive our releases.

Jacob Moyes

I met Jacob through a combination of his father's music store and Max. Although it looked like he and Max weren't all that close anymore, he and I seemed to hit it off. We would sometimes get a good lecturing for wasting too much time talking to each other.

Activites

- I started visiting the library. I originally came for the poems but found myself reading more than that. What began as reading some poetry lead to me bringing home six or seven books everyday.

- I would try to squeeze in any shift I could at Moye's. It was a dream job where I could freely blab about music and play instruments during my free time.

- I formed a legitimate band with a few of the members of the Jazz Club. We've released a few EPs and demos through my old blog and at gigs we've picked up. Check out Charles The Manager, y'all!

Activities

1. I had the advantage of having a good voice, and so people weren't too angry at me when I phoned them up. I also learned the art of talking very quickly and getting to the point before they slam the phone down. However, what I learnt most of all was dealing with disappointment. It was a very discouraging job, being a telemarketer, but I stuck to it because I don't just give up easily on things.

2. While on the telemarketing job I learnt how to make promises without actually making promises. You twist your words in some way that gets people to put their names down for "further information only", and then leave it to the Sales Department to do the remaining work. I never know if Sales ever went through on anything I said to the customers, but the tenet is to not care.

3. Forums were starting to interest me, and so I began joining a whole spate of forums, not caring if they were good or active. I ended up in a Pokémon roleplaying forum, where due to my sheer popularity (and some unfortunate circumstances) I became a Global Moderator and then Head Admin in a matter of months. I thought I did fairly well at my role, and what I'm proudest of is being able to maintain a decent working relationship with all the members. I think that the most important part of work is fostering an environment of interpersonal trust and motivation, and this is what I shall always remember moving forward.

Dayvid

Dayvid and I became best friends. I told him about Inigo, and how I heard he kissed Allie somewhere. He didn't seem particularly proud of what he did, apparently, but what's done is done, isn't it? Dayvid is very patient and wise and talking to him is soothing.

Tachi

My Maths has always been bad, but it only got worse as I got into high school. I went up to Tachi one day and asked him to teach me Maths. His level was way too high for me to grasp everything he said, but I think we had fun and talked a lot more. In the end my results got better, but only slightly, but I liked the excuse to hang out with friends like him.

Samantha

As I got older, I realised that a lot of people around me were pretty bad at lying. I mean they weren't sophisticated liars. They would lie about petty things, and do a bad job of them. Not that I was really that great a liar, of course, but I somehow found solace in Samantha, that she was like me. She knew the right time to do the right stuff, say the right words. Her sleight of hand beat mine by a wide margin, though, and I'm not immoral enough to steal. But I appreciated her talents in the way a connoisseur would.

Kiara

Kiara doesn't know everybody, but the people she does know she knows extremely well. She hangs out with an impenetrable bunch of friends, but suddenly, somehow, I became part of her close friend circle too. I don't know how it happened, but I started to relax a bit and not get so uptight with her. She is a very nice person, and not a great liar at all, which means she wears her emotions on her sleeve. It must be a case of opposites attract, where her purity attracts me and perhaps she likes that I'm gentle and nice and wouldn't tease her.

Plans

It is never too early to start thinking of plans after high school. I thought about it for a while and decided that yes, I would pursue further education in Surreal State University. My family members would be very happy if I got a degree, and telemarketing has made me quite disillusioned about working life anyway. I would probably study Arts & Social Sciences, because I thought I had already learnt all there is to learn about the sciences in high school, and have no interest in working in a related field.

After high school, I decided to head on to apply to study Electrical Engineering in Surreal State University. It seemed like the most natural choice to me, since I had a natural interest in robotics.

Inigo

He tried to talk to me about G*ndams, but I think he must have gotten his information from some second-rate site, because he called them Gund*ms instead of G*ndams. Regardless, it was nice to talk to someone new about the matter for a change, and I found myself enjoying his friendship. Perhaps I could ask him how he was so popular with the girls!

Hannah

After the whole incident with her parents, we became pretty close as friends, and she even came up to me to ask me for some lessons. I felt that Allie would have been a better tutor, but I tried my best to teach her anyway. She wasn't very talented in Maths, but I could see that she had other talents elsewhere. She just needed to find them.

Max

I found his fluency in Japanese to be intriguing, especially considering that the Japanese dubs for G*ndam were almost always better than the English dubs. Wanting to find out whether learning Japanese was difficult, I decided to stick around him more often.

Franz

Franz seemed to be the kind of guy who'd go places, and I thought that it would be a good idea to get to know him better. I asked him about his dreams of the future, and he struck me as a very ambitious person. Perhaps I'll even see him in as the mayor one day!

Activities

• Most of my commissions for my software designing blog were pretty mundane, such as creating a server database for some company, or generating a data analysis tool. There were some interesting projects, too, such as designing a portion of a virtual world for an up and coming computer game.
  • I decided to read up on robotics, rockets and space travel, but as I researched, I began to sidetrack into the topic of cyborgs. It was postulated that humans with cybernetic implants would be much more capable of surviving in space, and besides, having a robo-arm sounded pretty amazing. Before I noticed, I had spent the whole day studying about cyborg theories.
  • Picking up on my old habits, I made a robotic dog that responds to certain external stimuli. It barks, walks, and wags its tail when someone goes near it. The project was complex, but also very fulfilling!

Inigo

Inigo's still super sweet. I go over to his house pretty often to do homework and stuff after school (especially since we're in some of the same classes), though I've usually finished any homework by the time classes end. So I mostly stayed with him just for the sake of it because boyfriends and girlfriends are supposed to spend time together, and he's really nice to be with. We go out on proper dates, too, whenever we can--mostly weekends and holidays because my parents don't want me out on school nights.

Franz

He seems to know what he wants to do with his life, and I think that's great. A little overly ambitious, maybe, but better to dream big than to not dream at all. New Year's at his house was pretty fun, though I mostly liked it because I got to stay out with Inigo later than I was usually allowed.

Miss Manx

Miss Manx is an adorable calico kitten that Dad bought for me. She's very sweet and affectionate, and she always follows me around when I'm at home. Probably because I'm the one who feeds her, but that's to be expected. She's just a cat, after all.

1337h4x0r

Some guy I met online, he really knows his way around computers. Even better than me, though he says I'm catching up really fast. We mostly talk about coding and making new programs and such. We also compete with each other to test and improve our skills.

Activities

- I'm still designing websites. They're usually pretty simple jobs, but I occasionally get some interesting ones that want some complicated formatting and stuff. Still polishing my graphic design through this, too.

- 1337h4x0r has been teaching me a lot about real coding to make programs. I've offered to include a couple of them on the websites I design--for a nominal fee, of course. They seem pretty popular. He says I'm learning fast, so he gives me a lot of tricky "practice." One of his favorite things is for us to battle to "hack" into each other's computers, though he wins eight times out of ten. Still, I'm doing better than I did at the beginning, when he won every time. I'm very careful to clean the computer whenever our contests are over, though. Not that I don't trust him; just in case.

- When I'm not spending time with Inigo (which I am, most of the time) or 1337h4x0r (I was very careful to let Inigo know about this guy so Inigo wouldn't be suspicious or jealous, hopefully), I'm taking pictures of and filming Miss Manx to post online. She's very popular. ^^

I also have to take care of her--feed her, clean her litterbox, groom her, etc.--as per my agreement with Dad to teach me "responsibility" or whatever. I think he's trying to make me spend less time with Inigo.

Future

Because Mother insists, I will be attending the best university I can to get my Ph.D. in something "useful." I think I'll do computer science. It's the one thing that really has no limits, I think, and making something out of nothing is turning out to be pretty fascinating.

Plans For The Future

Spots joined Patches, taken far before her time by a speeding car. I'm starting to realize what a fleeting, fragile thing life is -- something easily snatched away by the cruel jaws of fate, leaving nothing but memories behind. And even then, memories fade -- already, all the sunny afternoons I spent playing with my dear Patches, memories I once thought I'd treasure forever, are becoming harder and harder to recollect. I've resolved never to let oblivion take me without leaving a trace -- I shall make myself a legacy, and do something the world will remember. I shall create something that lasts, an enduring monument to my life -- the closest a mere man can get to immortality.

But first, I'll worry about getting into university. Few men have risen to greatness from behind the counter of a Taco Bell, after all.

Social Links:

Samantha -- Well, I certainly didn't know that arguing which end of a chocolate cornet was the head would be such an amusing diversion. She's fun to hang around with, even if the very nice people from her workplace seem a little shifty.

Hannah -- She somehow insinuated herself into my group of childhood friends, and it was only natural that I got to know her better. Even though we're sort of polar opposites in our personalities and strengths, it's easy to see that she's got her own unique talents, even if she hasn't quite fully harnessed them.

Franz -- I used to hang out with Franz when I was little, but we drifted apart since then -- however, after getting to know him better now, he's a whole different person. He's got a whole lot of ambition; I hope it works out well for him. 

Inigo -- I saw his 'slick dance moves' and was pretty impressed. Maybe that's why he's such a hit with a ladies. He apparently likes G*ndam too, but he keeps calling them Gund*m instead -- he's doing it wrong, man. Doing it so terribly, terribly wrong. G*ndam is serious business, people.

Activities:

- The library was a decent place to work. Not much stress, and generally, the clientele wasn't a pain in the ass, unlike those stories about other jobs I'd heard of from my friends. Well, except for those parents who bring in their screaming, frolicking children thinking this is some kind of playpen. This is a place of learning for civilized people -- if you're going to act like a hooting, slovenly throwback to the Neanderthals, I'm going to have to ask you to step outside.

I managed to squeeze in some time to read about things that interested me during lulls -- and being a library in a small town, there were always some lulls.

- I scrounged up a bit of money and bought a few G*ndam models to put in my room, but I got rather dissatisfied with the lack of detail on the cheaper kits and decided to put my artistic muscle to work and do my own conversions. I'm pretty sure Tachi is going to call heresy over my latest kitbashed creations, though -- perhaps combining a magical girl model kit with a G*ndam wasn't the most well thought-out of ideas... but it looks pretty hilarious anyway.

- After all those hours reading fantasy and sci-fi novels at the library, a spark of inspiration struck me -- what if I wrote my own? I gave it a shot, and promptly realized the horrors of writer's block. While I threw out almost everything I wrote as garbage, I finally wrote a short story I deemed passable by my standards, and promptly posted it on some forum on the internet. I hope I don't get flamed too hard, but knowing the internet, I shouldn't get my hopes up.

Dear D,

I have never realized it before now, but this world is so… big and so… vast. Complicated. Rich. Conflicted. I'm, like, whoa. So much has already been written about this world and our history on it. More is being written still, and more will continue to be written. None of us will ever be able to experience the world in its entirety, and that's a tragedy. Life is a tragedy.

Allie

Allie and I have been watching a lot of movies recently - what better way to learn about people and love than from the movies? Plus the darkness was great for snuggling too. Anyway, one of these movies was Her by Pikes Jonze. After the movie, I joked that the movie was loosely based on Tachi's fantasies; the female AI's name was Samantha after all. Then, I told her that I was glad I was dating her instead of an AI.

"Because you can't do things like this with a computer."

And I pulled her closer for a kiss. 

Kiora

I met Kiora while performing as a back-up dancer for a couple of revues at the bar. I didn't recognize her at first; she was just the girl I sweet-talked into getting the group of us drinks even though we were technically underaged. It was only during the third or fourth time when I recognized her as one of my play-mates from infant hood. It's a small town, Surreality. In any case, Kiora was a great dancer, even if it was for money. 

Hannah

Hannah will always be my best and closest friend. We kept each other updated on our lives from time to time. We were each other's anchor in the sea of events that was our life; always in the background, and never quite coming to the fore. I would take her out on pseudo-dates from time to time, because she didn't quite know what it's like to date a boy. It took a lot of reassuring to convince Allie that things still are platonic between Hannah and me.

Emma

Emma was really making waves in the local music scene and even beyond that now. I make sure to be there at her performances to support her, and sometimes I'd bring Allie along too, even if music wasn't really her thing. I still laugh when I recall that this was technically the first girl I had ever confessed to loving with that cheesy love poem all those years ago. 

Activities

1. I was scouted by a talent agency and am working on being an idol now. This meant plenty of modeling work, which can be pretty grueling because I had to change in and out of clothes for them to snap me in. The long hours meant that I had to cut back on my emceeing, but I do want to see if I have what it takes to be an idol so I do my best.

2. It's not enough for an idol to look handsome. I've started taking singing lessons too.

3. With Hannah and Allie both so deeply into the Internet, I've started exploring blogs and online communities more and more too.

Future

I really wanted to continue with university, but it seems that I might have to forego that if I do intend to become a full-time idol. It's a dilemma, to be sure, and I ask everyone I know for advice on this subject.

Allie&Inigo

She got a Psychology class with these two and damn, did Allie get good grades. She could take these tests in her sleep. Kiara tried talking to them a bit, as they were always together, in the hopes that she could understand psychology a bit quicker.

Franz

Her go-to lunch buddy. He was the only one she was friends with; all her other friends had different lunch periods.

Mrs. Walters

Her science teacher. She was one of the few teachers who seemed to show any kind of kindness towards Kiara.

Activities

-She began meeting with Mrs. Walters after class to get a few recaps on some sections and even getting to be taught the sections they'd be skipping over in class.

-Her boss seemed pleased with her. No matter how irritating the customer, her boss seemed to trust her with either calming them down or escorting them out.

-She stayed in her archery club even when other members began finding 'more adult' clubs to join and she practiced as often as she could. Those bullseyes were becoming easier and easier.

Future

Kiara loved her dad but she felt her future may be better spent elsewhere. She found it hard to get along with others so maybe being shipped off to training was what she needed and, though sad, her father supported her decision. Her goal was to join the army.

Chapter VII: Teenager (High School, year 3)

It’s time for the last year of High School. The last year of the greatest years of your lives… or that’s how you’ll remember them. But how did the second year end?

Maximillion had spent a lot of time at his parttime job. His exposure to different kinds of people and his experience drawing them have made him reach the pinnacle of perfection when it comes to drawing people. He’s a bonafide portrait painter. It’s almost too bad that he wastes his potential on drawing manga. The school encouraged Max to go for an art degree!

Hannah became a high level wordsmith: not paying attention at her choice of words could prove annoying!  She also learned how to charm people quite easily, you might even say she’s quite the charmer. The school was glad to hear that Hannah planned on putting her skills to work at SSU.

Weston time in the books made him a trivia geek. If he ever were to participate in one of those shows, he’d surely win! The school knew that Weston had the talent and the ability to soak up information like a sponge, so they recommended he look into an Ivy League Scholarship or applying for SSU’s advanced classes.

Samantha spent a lot of time at her new parttime job. All the exposure to the seedy underbelly of Surreality (no matter how small the town truly was!) forced her to gain some skills she never had before. Who would’ve thought she’d become the best fighter in her high school? Luckily she had the common sense not to beat up random classmates. The school approved of her idea to go to college and recommended SSU!

Inigo quit being an emcee and started working towards being an idol. Being an idol in the western hemisphere would prove interesting. At least he had a performer’s charisma and stage presence. The school wasn’t happy when they heard, however.

Emma practiced a ton with her music, but she was still a ways off from the next milestone. The school was also extremely happy to hear that Emma was taking school seriously and would go to college! They recommended that she sign up at SSU.

Tachimitsu further specialised in robotics, reading as much as he could about cyborgs. He got so confident in his skills that he even advertised himself as a cyberneticist. The school expected Tachi to go to college, but were surprised he was only aiming for SSU. They recommended that he try applying for an Ivy League Scholarship or the advanced classes of SSU.

Kiara finally put her strong points to use and discovered that she was a closet brainiac. While not as smart as someone as Allie, she at least showed that she had the potential. While the school always encouraged its students to continue their education, they could not argue with Kiara’s will to join the army.

Allie had trained a lot to become a competent graphic designer! Her intelligence was so apparent that the guidance counselor even recommended that she look into applying for an Ivy League Scholarship or the advanced classes of SSU.

Kiora’s time at the bar has made her a great smooth talker, mostly due to all her interactions with the patrons. Her interactions with the football club, however, have lead to the captain of the team giving her crabs. The school was unhappy with Kiora’s decision to stay out of college, but they knew very well that they could do little to change her mind.

Franz had developed into a people pleaser and a decent swimmer, but the school’s guidance counselor was worried that Franz was aiming to high with regards to his future decisions. To make matters worse, one day the Mayor’s Office was ransacked, leaving the place in shambles. With no one else to blame they decided to fire Franz, claiming that he had let his friends in, but that wasn’t all…

Like any hormonal teenager, Franz had trouble dealing with everything going wrong, which lead to him being severely depressed and putting a lot of strain on his relationship with Emma. This was a lot to ask of a sixteen year old girl. Eventually this would lead to the two of them breaking up before the start of the third year. At least they were still friends.

-----

There are several important decisions that have to be made. You let the school know your plans last year, but this year it is time to finalize. What are you going to do after your last year of High School? Due to the high amount of pressure on seniors, you will have littly time for interactions. This turn you are allowed one interaction and five activities.

However, if you choose to interact with someone and (s)he chooses you as well, you have a chance to raise your relationship level to 10.

Weston - I chose to spend the little time I had with my oldest friend. After all we might not see each other as much after high school.

Activities

- I finally finished enough chapters of my manga to make a tankobon. My manager at work sent it to a publishing friend of his. Im really hopeful that it gets published. Maybe I can make some money out of it.

- at work I have learned to appreciate good coffee. I took a training course and now the shop has a proper espresso bar that I manage.

- oone of my favourite manga artists did a signing at the comic book shop. I made him a coffee and got him to sign a couple of my first editions. He was really impressed at my fluency of japanese. I also showed him some of my comic panels.

- I decided to knuckle down at school and do some studying. I may not be the smartest kid but hopefully I can push my grades up.

- I spent a lot of free time doing location drawings to increase my skill at drawing buildings and nature.

I decided to apply for a degree in art with a accounting elective. If im going to run my own business I should know about book keeping.

Future Plans

Inigo had decided to pursue his passion to become an idol! I was happy and envious of him at the same time. Idols had to put in a lot of hard work, but they would be so well-liked. It suited Inigo perfectly. From then on, I also decided on my future career. I would become a TV host in the future, and one day I would be able to interview Inigo. Not only that, I might be able to meet my J-rock idols. The thought of it motivated me to pursue a double major in SSU, in Communications and Psychology. Psychology had been Allie and Inigo's interest, and I had also developed an interest in it from their conversations. I didn't want to intervene at the time, but Psychology would be of great help when I deal with people in my future line of work.

I would be staying at home rather than on campus, though, because I had heard horror stories of people in dorms staying up waaay past midnight.

Inigo

I knew going out with Inigo was going to upset his relationship with Allie, so I decided to put a stop to it. I went up to him and said that since we were going on completely different paths now, we should stop meeting anymore, and that I had a crush on Dayvid Dorrimer anyway. I think he believed it, because he is a lot more gullible than I am, and I made sure that every gesture and expression of mine fitted in with my lie.

I was a little moody after that declaration, and didn't quite feel like talking to Dayvid after the shame of making use of him without his knowing. So I lay in bed and tried thinking of the new friends I would meet instead in university. I would surely forget all about Inigo in no time. Surely.

Our friendship has ended, just like that. Maybe the next time we meet will be when Inigo becomes famous and I fulfil my dream of interviewing him.

Interactions:

1. My parents told me (separately, of course) that I should stop working once I entered SSU, for fear of affecting my grades. So this would be my final year as a telemarketer. I was starting to get pretty good at the job, but I'm still not sorry to leave it. I don't think it's a job that makes anyone happy. I certainly disliked telling people to buy things they didn't need. That said, I did my best in my final year here, and managed to get quite a number of leads.

2. It had been a long time since I last wrote anything. I found a poster advertising a Creative Writing Competition and decided to take part. I didn't win any of the top 3 prizes because my writing had gotten really rusty (and I had never been as creative as people like Weston anyway) but I used the chance to practise and my teachers all commended me on my improvement.

3. I picked up a new hobby again, much to my mother's chagrin. This time I became absorbed in card games. I wasn't as tactical as a lot of people, but I was enthralled by the cool art and, more importantly, a new social community that I could get into. I started to gain more foresight and consider strategies, and felt that I was getting kinda smarter. Soon I shall be champion of M*gic!

4. I started to become more savvy at office politics. It really is a matter of saying the right things to the right people. It occurred to me that forums had their own political culture too. I began to observe the behaviours of people, and swore never to be relegated as an outcast. However, I also tried to make everyone feel comfortable, even if it would make me a hypocrite. Gradually everyone began to like me, even if they hated each other. It was a fine balancing act not unlike my own family situation. The good part about this is that I wielded the power to make people in the office and on forums do what I wanted, which made work a lot easier.

5. I was getting very good at dispensing advice to people, including my mother. She said I had always been a mature person since young, and as friends around me started getting into their years of young adulthood and felt confused about various issues, I would be around to listen to them and talk, and everyone ended up quite glad of my advice. They had no idea how glad they made me feel, that I was helping people in my own little way.

The counsellor told me I should dream big, and that's what I decided to do -- Ivy League, here I come! Weston's moving up in the world! 

I decided I'd aim for a scholarship to the Ivy League schools to study Physics, and spent plenty of time working on my applications.

Max -- Fate may send us on separate paths, but I'm not going to forget my oldest friend just like that. I decided to treasure what time we still had together.

Activities:

- This might be my last year working at the library, depending on where I manage to make it to. I continued to spend time reading when time permitted, but I hunkered down and started reading up more on physics, the field I found myself increasingly interested in.

- I took Advanced Placement classes for Physics and Math at school in hopes of getting a head-start when I entered college.

- I spent a bit less time on my hobbies this year thanks to the workload, but with what time I did have, I continued to practice drawing. I'm not going to lose to Max without a fight!

- The internet's full of interesting things to learn about. You learn something every day... except when you click the wrong kind of link and fill your computer with spyware. That totally didn't happen to me, and I totally didn't wheedle Tachi until he helped me out a little. Completely avoiding such a harrowing experience left me more savvy about computer-related matters.

- I spent several late nights alternately studying for exams, catching up with assignment deadlines and agonizing about what to write in my college application essays. 

What are you going to do after your last year of High School?

Started the enrolment process for SSU. Didn't want to disappoint parents. Degree certs bring in the dough, after all. (But I suppose they aren't aware of the reasonably thick stack of cash I've saved up over the months) Applied for a course related to my major - Mechanical Engineering.

INTERACTION - TACHI

Decided to engage Tachi in one of those 'serious talks' when I was chilling over at his place one day. Rumors about my second career path were already running rampant in the school any way. I see it as living an alternate lifestyle instead of dabbling with the 'bad' stuff in life, but I wasn't sure if the rest of the people can see it my way. Parents aside - Tachi's opinion about this issue probably mattered the most to me. Could almost visualize the crossroads popping up behind my eyes. Being absolutely honest is actually kind of terrifying.

FORTUNE TELLER WANNABE

I figured out a way to earn more tips. 'Interpret' all the fortune cookie fortunes the customers' noodles came with. It's genius. Is it accurate? Nope. Of course not. I'm just a hack. But whatever, my wallet isn't complaining~! Earned a reputation as a 'fortune teller' in time. Sometimes I'd even sit down in a little corner of the restaurant during the break and take on clients.

UNDERGROUND POKER RING

Sergio decided to bring me down to an underground poker ring one day. This... is the real deal. Players aren't using peanuts and change as stakes now. Money - cold, hard cash - being thrown all around, like it doesn't even matter to the people there. I found myself sighing a little. Who needs degrees when you can just play for cash here?

OJ, PART 2

Chilled around with Gio after work. Managed to fish a $50 bill from his pocket without him noticing this time.

"Want orange juice?" I asked.

He rolled his eyes.

TACHI TIME

You thought I didn't do anything to prep for the bomb dropping session? You thought wronnnng. Made a lunchbox, complete with hotdog octopi! Drew his favourite anime characters on the serviettes. Romantic. Kinda. Of course it may all go to hell after the main event's over, but at least I tried.

MECHAS

The anime characters weren't going to draw themselves. My mother was actually a fine arts major, so naturally... I turned to her for guidance again. Sewing, drawing, crafting... what can't she do. Seems like she figured out who I'm drawing all these stuff for, judging by the way she's smirking at me.

Interaction

The school counselor had most of my time. She helped me get everything lined out for my army-life I wanted so I had barely any time with anyone else.

Activities

- It was time to finish up her archery. She went with a team to their last competition.

- Finishing up with the burger place. 2-week resignation letter has been sent.

- Keeping her grades up. Studying and working hard.

- She got in touch with her general(? dunno how this works but I had one call to recruit me before so I assume this is right) and will go to them right after graduation.

- Working on upper body strength. Push ups and some smaller weights. She doesn't wanna embarrass herself in her ranks.

This was no doubt a dark time in my life. I had fallen into a deep depression, I avoided everyone, I contemplated suicide many a time. My mother and step-father going away often left me alone so much I just felt secluded. I told Emma after a large...argument we had about my depression that, to avoid hurting her, I thought it would be best to spend our time away from one another. I hope to fix this someday soon...

Activities

Swimming - The only time I was usually around many people was when I was swimming, and I shut them out. I focused on being better, and I ended up being faster. But I just felt like I was swimming away from my problems. I didn't care at the time.

Studying - I studied. And studied. The counselor told me I wasn't enough for what I wanted to be, so I simply focused solely on doing my best at everything, no matter what.

Cram School - Studying wasn't enough anymore. I had to really focus on this. I started going to late night cram schooling to start doing more and more work. I decided I would go to Germany for college. I sent an application to the University of Dusseldorf where my father lives, and supposedly my grandparents. I'm hoping my studying will let me go there for Political Communications...

Tutoring - I stopped tutoring other people as it didn't give me a chance to get the help I felt I needed at this point. I asked for tutoring and they set me up with someone I don't know, and don't very much remember. I didn't care enough at the time to remember his name, but I simply made it another reason to get better...

Psychologist - My mother didn't seem to care much for me being the way I was. I feel like my step-father is...making her think she doesn't want to deal with me anymore. It hurts me to think of such. But I decided to be proactive about this. I went to a Psychologist to talk about my current standings at home and school and she told me that it all piled on so fast it was simply overwhelming, but she told me to take a minor anti-depressant to help with the stress. We met twice a month for the year and at the end of the year, I worked up the courage with her help to apologize to Emma for everything, and I asked her if, in the near future, if she felt she could, we could try again...I still love her...she's...all I really have in terms of someone I know I feel loves me back...after apologizing I also gave her a letter explaining that if I get accepted to Dusseldorf, I probably won't see her for a year or so. But I will come running if she needs me. I actually sent a similar letter to Max and Inigo...it took me a while, but...I miss them.

Language Studies - I took every language class I could this year. Japanese, French, Spanish, Portuguese and Mandarin Chinese. I want to know, talk fluently, and write in at least ten languages by the time I finish college...

Inigo

I'm surprised and happy that Inigo is still hanging out with me. We don't get quite as much time together because he's so busy with his idol job, but I'm okay with that. I always liked going to the movies and snuggling or watching Emma perform when he had the time to invite me. It's also kinda sweet whenever we celebrate our birthdays--we don't necessarily bake a cake anymore, but a cup of alcohol behind our parents' backs never goes amiss. It's tradition~~~!

Activities

- I spend a good amount of my free time with Inigo. I think we've grown much closer, though it still makes me blush when I think about our first kiss. Dad's pretty much resigned to it now, I think, so we can go out more often, and I try to do things that I think will make him happy. For his birthday, I bought Inigo a very nice and expensive watch that I thought he'd like with some of the money I made through my commissions.

- Since Inigo said he wants to be an idol now, I want to do my best to support him. As such, I'm doing a lot of studying about acting, singing, and modeling. Not because I want to tell him how to do it, but so I can understand what it's like and not stress him further. It seems like he's working really hard and getting very tired, so I'm happy to just be by his side if he needs me.

- Web design is starting to get a bit boring for me, so I'm studying more complex stuff than just HTML and CSS. While I still take commissions and do my best to fulfill and exceed my customers' expectations, I've been more seriously studying programming, from C to Java and some of the newer languages that are coming out.

- 1337h4x0r is still helping me practice and develop my programming skills. So far, he's taught me how to make a virus, a worm, and Trojans, as well as how to get rid of them. I *might* have accidentally released one on the school system, but I quickly crossed it to extinction before anyone noticed, so they're all none the wiser about a program that would have made all Internet searches redirect to one of my websites.

- I've expanded my knowledge base to include Sociology, including studying various surveys of people's interests and such by trawling through online data (some of which might not actually be publicly available ;D). I'm trying to find trends and make predictions on where fashion and such will go in order to get more hits on my sites.

Future

After a huge argument with Mother, who wanted me to go to MIT or Harvard, I eventually settled on advanced classes in Computer Science at SSU. Sure, it's not as prestigious, but it's not like there's a lot I can't learn on my own. So I'd rather keep my friends and relationships.

Dear D,

This year's been the busiest year of my life so far, by far! It's strange how little time I had for friends. It was as though the universe was conspiring to pull us apart; Hannah and I went our separate paths this year despite my best efforts to maintain the friendship. But I believe that our paths will cross again someday. It's a small world and Surreality is a small town. And there's also that quote by Sky in K*ngdom Hearts: 

"Although my heart may be weak, it's not alone. It's grown with each new experience. And it's found a home with all the friends I've made. I've become a part of their heart, just as they've become a part of mine. And if they think of me now and then, if they don't forget me, then our hearts will be one. I don't need a weapon. My friends are my power!"

Even if I feel lonely at times, it seems that I'm a source of strength for many of my fans! I get fan-mail from them all the time saying exactly that. Yay, go me!

Interaction

Allie

One thing I'm really relieved about is that I'm an idol in a Western realm and not an Asian one. Asian idols are apparently not allowed to date anyone unless it's another idol that's been approved by the fans or something weird like that. As it is, we can rarely stroll along public places on our dates anymore since we got mobbed by a group of giggling fan-girls that one time; I had to call my manager to bail us out with the company limo, the cost of which was docked from my salary for that month. Bummer. =.=

Instead, our dates have become rather clandestine events in which I'd dress up in various wacky disguises so that I wouldn't be easily recognized. It wasn't long before Allie started dressing up and disguising herself as well, which totally cracked me up. We've started a private album of photos of us going on our secret dates in our crazy costumes. I had been worried about how idol-hood would affect our relationship, but it seems that our bond is even stronger than I had thought. 

For her birthday, I got her a charm bracelet with two charms on it. The first was a jeweled clown's face - that was the very first disguise I had on after the mob incident.  The second was one symbolic of the first get-up that she had on. So now, whenever we clasp hands together, I could see the watch on my wrist and the charm bracelet on hers. It's one of my favorite mental picture to think about when we're busy apart, and it makes me grateful for having Allie by my side.

Activities

1. Man, being an idol is tough work. I have to watch what I eat and do. I have to practice singing and dancing on top of school work. It's rather time-consuming and tiring, but all the fan-mail I get more than makes up for it. I am making a lot of people happy in my own way, which is exactly what I had wanted to achieve when I set out on this career.

2. I've started gymming again ever since I took up that advertisement for Alligatorade. My manager said I needed to broaden my target audience and try to capture some of the male population too, and sports products were the way to go apparently.

3. Having to rehearse songs and go for modeling shoots meant that I had very little time for studying. Fortunately, I'm dating one of the smartest girls in school, so I've been taking plenty of tutorials from her. We start our best to focus on studying during these tutoring sessions, but we don't always succeed. =p

4. I'm scheduled to act in an idol drama soon, so I've been watching plenty of romance movies for inspiration. I watched The Fault In Our St*rs with Allie the other day and we both sobbed buckets. That's the kind of acting I want to achieve...!

5. I've gotten back to volunteering with Surreality Sharity, but mainly I help with the behind-the-scenes, heavy-duty stuff like shifting boxes. I get enough people interaction from my modeling work, so this is a break from all that.

Back to the Future 

I've decided that I couldn't afford to neglect school, so I'll be continuing on to SSU. Besides, Allie will be headed there too, and I know I'm at least partly the reason for that. I'll be staying on campus to ease the burden of having to travel back and from school every day, but I'll pretty much be a phantom, I suspect.

Alfred

My favorite cousin, Alfred, had always been the brother I never had, but after my first breakup left me utterly destroyed, he proved to be even more important to me than that. Despite how busy we were with college preparations, jobs, etc. we spent a considerable amount of time together.

Activites

- The band didnt't have enough time to do live shows as often as we liked, but we managed to release a couple of EPs and an LP.

- I wanted to get used to writing essays like I expected to be doing in college, so I started writing music reviews. I went through my own collection and even the Music Shops collection researching, comparing and coming up with a "fair" judgement.

- My time in the library turned into major study sessions. I rented textbooks, took mock exams and wrote all the notes i could before my fingers fell off.

- Whenever I had free time, I would do exercises on my guitar and keyboard. Despite how much my fingers hated me, I would usually stay up late at night doing this.

- I filled up a horde of notebooks full of poems, lyrics, and music notation, all crowding up Daddy's "man cave".

I prepared myself to apply for SSU. It took a bit convincing from Daddy to take all this college stuff seriously. I assumed "whatever, musicians usually drop out anyways" but I didn't just want to be a musician. I wanted to be the music guru. Or at least I could become a renowned and respected tutor/teacher. Either way, I decided to take electives in Music and Creative Writing.

After High School

Due to the recommendations from my teachers, I decided to honestly attempt at going for one of the Ivy League schools to study Electrical Engineering. If I did manage to get in, that would be a huge bonus for my plans to become mankind's first cyborg and reach the moon one day.

Samantha

When she came clean with me about her plans for the future, I can't say that I was very surprised. Even before this, the rumors that had begun to circulate around her allowed me to piece together a pretty complete picture of the puzzle. The lunchbox bento with the anime serviettes was a sweet gesture, but I didn't need that to help me say what was already on my mind. "If you're going to walk down the path of darkness..." I said to her as I held her hand and smiled, paraphrasing from one of the anime series I've watched, "then it seems that I will have to be your evil mastermind. The bad guys always have robot minions anyway."

Activities

• My talk with Sam caused me to rethink the way I was spending my time. Instead of reading about cybernetic enhancements purely for the sake of interest, I now started to look into exoskeletons that could enhance bodily strength and capabilities. Perhaps my view of criminals was tinted by the anime that I watch, but then again, some of these exoskeletons looked very useful for a growing master criminal couple.
  • If I were to keep up with Sam, I had to make sure my body was fit enough. I began to take on a serious training regime on weekdays, taking a run around Surreality before heading to the gym for a workout every morning.
  • I still continued to research on rockets and their feasibility to head to the moon. Who knows? Perhaps Sam and I will build a moon base one day, like the one in G*ndam X.
  • On top of all of this, if I were to get into an Ivy League school, I had no choice but to excel. I spent whatever free time I had studying, aiming to top my class, if not the school.
  • I drew up some designs of my own cybernetic arms and legs, trying to think of an angle which hadn't been explored by researchers of our time. I added an elbow cannon to one of them; I thought that was hilariously ridiculous, but hey, it worked in C*de G*ass.

Mr. Diggery - Kiora's main interaction is with this man, who thinks she has great dancing potential. He's an occasional visitor to the pub, and he always talks to her when he stops by, full of charm and wit. He's in his late twenties, but he obviously has money, and the tips he leaves her are ridiculous. The club he owns sounds interesting. He keeps hinting that she could work there once she's left school, promising a good wage and amazing tips. He's slightly vague about the details, but she's interested, despite being too young. Apparently, it wouldn't be hard for her to slip under the radar, and fake ID is easy to come by. Sounds much, much better than silly old college.

Activities:

- Some minor studying by herself. A rough fifteen minutes a day {in the week, never the weekend} are used to glance at her school books. Without her tutor anymore, she doesn't quite have the same motivation.

- Partying. Exam stress is hard on the students, meaning many, many more parties. As a cheerleader, she's invited to them all, and it would be rude to down them down.

- Cheerleading. It's such good dance and gymnastics practise, and she's actually going to miss it when school is over. Hopefully this dance club or Mr. Diggery's will work out, so she doesn't become rusty.

- She'd had to go to the sexual health clinic, to get rid of the crabs, and she'd given the football captain a punch in the face for good measure. She's a bit more careful about her sexual partners now, but she's hardly a saint. 

- Swimming. With cheerleading, dance, and gymnastics, Kiora is already really fit, but swimming is fun, and it works pretty much all your muscles at once. Besides, she never hesitates to show off her body in a bikini.

Chapter VII: Young Adult (College Years: 18-21)

High School has come to an end and it is time for you to start your real life!

Art Department of SSU

Maximillion and Weston have formed an unbreakable bond. Max was accepted into SSU and started his art degree as well as his accounting elective and also became a top tier barista. Max moved in to the SSU dorms.

Emma formed and unbreakable bond with her cousing and went off to the SSU Arts department to study Music and Creative Writing. She had already developed as a songwriter, but chose to further expand her knowledge of the field. She moved in to the SSU dorms. She met a young man called Shawn at the dorms before the school year had started.

Humanities Department of SSU

Hannah cut off all ties with Inigo, wasting all of the years of hard work in one go. She also quit her job and developed her skills as a liar. At least she started to understand how people worked on the same level as an actual psychologist. Hannah stayed at home.

Shawn was a resident of Twilight and Criminology student at SSU. A city boy who had never taken the time to visit Surreality was introduced to a new world when all of the smalltown residents came over for the start of classes. He had gotten acquainted with Emma, Samantha, Allie and Max prior to the start of the year through the SSU dorms.

Sciences Department of SSU

Samantha and Tach had formed an unbreakable bond. It was only thanks to this bond that their relationship persisted despite Tachi going to MIT and her getting in to SSU. Somehow. She probably lied her way through the interviews. It helped that she was an indecipherable enigma, but at least she didn’t put her skills as a legerdemainist to rob everyone in the office. Samantha moved in to the SSU dorms.

MIT

Weston and Max had formed an unbreakable bond. He had also managed to get a scholarship for a Physics Program at MIT! While not technically an Ivy League school, he wouldn’t get any better! People even started calling him a physicist due to all the books he had been writing and after becoming a great artist he even worked on becoming a great author. Weston moved in to the MIT dorms. With Weston moving to the dorms and Kiara preparing to undergo basic training, they realized that their relationship would likely not survive the separation and hardships. The pair decided to break up after graduation.

Tachimitsu and Samantha formed an unbreakable bond, but someone had to tell him that there is nothing romantic about calling someone a robot minion. In the meantime he had developed his skills as an engineer and inventor. Tachimitsu joined his friend Weston at MIT; while not technically Ivy League, it provided the best Electrical Engineering program in the country.

Allie went to MIT. She already had skills as a programmer and even learned enough to be known as a decent sociologist, which made her perfect for the MIT.

The Army

Kiara followed her dreams and joined the army. Her training with the bow had made her a decent sharpshooter and she was physically fit enough to pass all the tests. She moved into the the barracks at a base located on Surreal to undergo her Basic Training. Basic training would demand a lot of her and she knew that she would not be able to keep up a long distance relationship with Weston. The pair decided to break up after graduation.

Surreality

Kiora remained in Surreality and despite her cleaning up her act a bit it did seem like she wasn’t there yet! Which was a shame, as she was a very intelligent brainiac. Kiora still resides in Surreality.

Abroad

Franz spent a lot of time studying in order to become a brainiac. He left home to go to college in Dusseldorf.

-----

Inigo died in a car crash.

-----

Tell me about your College Years. What three activities and four interactions stood out among the others?

(OOC: Starting here interactions will be limited. You can only interact with someone if one of the following applies: 1) Your relationship is 5/10 or higher, as this would mean that you have a reason to maintain your relationship despite the inconvenience.

2) You fall under the same department, meaning that everyone studying at the Art Department of SSU can interact with each other, etc.

3) You reside in the same place; everyone staying in the dorms can interact with others staying at the dorms.

4) You both have a mutual 5/10 friend, but this can only be done if both of you also interact with this friend on this turn.)