Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HerculeHastings

EDM vs J-Rock Album Battle

EDM vs J-Rock   12 members have voted

1. 1. Which of these albums is the winner?

• Electronic Dance Music (Seanzilla)
    • Japanese Rock (HerculeHastings)
    • I don't know what to choose, they're both so wonderful~.
    • I don't know what to choose, they're both so shitty~.
    • Hi I'm a troll and I'll vote this to prove it.
    • I'm going to abstain from voting by voting this option to abstain from voting.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

31 posts in this topic

Give it a few days and you can edit a poll in. Everyone should listen to both albums before voting.

They say the best polls are comprehensive, therefore I've added a poll that covers all options imaginable!

What do you guys think of the music?

I think my favourite parts of the EDM album were the ones where there were people singing and it felt more like rock. XD DayDay advised me that EDM, unlike J-rock, isn't the kind of music where you drop everything you're doing and just listen. (I tend to not be able to do anything when listening to music -- not a "music in the background" kind of person)

DayDay advised me that EDM, unlike J-rock, isn't the kind of music where you drop everything you're doing and just listen.

I can't even keep myself from dropping my pants when listening yo EDM.

EDM, unlike J-rock, isn't the kind of music where you drop everything you're doing and just listen.

I could not disagree more strongly with that remark. EDM is great to just listen to. If it's not your thing then that's fine, but that doesn't mean that EDM is confined to being "background music". The clue is in the name, really. It's dance music, primarily the idea is to dance to it.

In regard to the J-rock album I have to say I didn't recognise most of it, however there were a couple that I knew. I used to be big into my J-rock when I was younger, and I have clearly gotten out of touch with it. It felt quite nostalgic and I enjoyed listening to it.

Still preferred the EDM album though~

I couldn't disagree more strongly with Kyo's face.

And hair.

And his general existence.

Haven't listened to the albums yet, but given my general preference, I'd say I'm more likely to enjoy the EDM album. I'm not usually a fan of music in another language.

Unless it's Rammstein.

Or Die En Grey.

Or some other foreign band I may or may not have listened to and possibly liked. 

While I agree with Kyo 100%, I have to admit that I mostly listen to music when writing, exercising or playing games and EDM tends to be the perfect type of music for that.

I tried getting through the J-Rock album when I was at the gym and it just... didn't really help with keeping me focused XD

Completely unrelated to EDM or J-Rock but when I'm at the gym, the music is the only thing keeping me going.

I need something with a good beat, which is why EDM and HipHop are perfect. If there isn't a rhythm I can work too I get annoyed and start slacking.

Which is also why J-Rock didn't work. I'll have to give it a try when I am just sitting in the train or something.

More people should be voting!

HH didn't vote, so I figured it'd only be fair if I didn't vote either :x

Thats not how voting works.

If I vote for EDM and she switches her vote to J-Rock it'll still be a tie

As a contributor I feel unqualified to vote.

Unless the EDM people have been voting for themselves, in which case I will enter the fray.

Well, Kyo and Demonic Gate have been voting for their own albums respectively.

And ahh, I'm not sure. Maybe I shall attempt to do nothing while listening to the EDM album again.

Well technically Wstie was going to vote, but it seems he didn't, so J-rock KINDA SORTA wins. >.> 

Okay now we SORTA win

1 person likes this

There are plenty of others that could vote. This should have a deadline in tbat case!

OKAY FINE deadline's tomorrow!

Everyone please vote!

EDIT: *coughs* The caps in no way imply I'm angry. It was more of a >.> expression.

And I think tomorrow should be alright? There's a day for newcomers to see this thread and listen to the music. If you guys need more time to listen to the albums do say so too. This is kinda more for fun than anything after all.

I was about to vote seriously. But the last two options were just too fun to pass up.