Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KillerNinjaKitty

Far from home...

19 posts in this topic

So I read you must have a good understanding of grammar? * Laugh nervously and hides.* It's not a perfect understand but I guess it's okay. To be honest it's never been one of my strong points, I've gotten better though. So moving on from that. I'm a random chick....My characters tend to be a little like me, which is bad. Very bad. My characters don't have a consistent personality; they can go from being happy to sad in mere seconds. I hate it. It something that needs to be worked on. 

What I mean by far from home... I mean it. Since a certain website called Tinnier Me shut down, there hasn't been a (in my opinion) good role playing website that sticks and keeps me interested.  Then again literate writing was somewhat non-existing. There was one group that was a literate role playing, however that group was a bunch of sex-fueled snobs who only loved to put everyone else down instead of helping them. Like seriously they would come over to another group, start trashing talking us. As you can tell they were so nice... Some were. As I was saying, literate writing was non-existent, getting way with writing little to none was perfectly fine and it created... well people like me. In a sense. No one was there to try to push us to be better writers or understand the mistakes we made. There was a chick who wrote so bad I needed someone else to help me figure out what the hell she said. Dark times existed, my friends, dark times. Coming from that site to this site, makes me a somewhat nauseous. Not that it's this sites fault but other sites were bad. Gaia, for me was one of them. A lot of negative comments and thoughts shoved on to me, made me feel even worse about my writing. Some actually put me down again. My confidence level in writing is low. 

If you can't tell by my profile picture I'm a huge Naruto fan. Stayed caught up on the manga so I know what's going down recently. I love Tobimara, he's a total bad ass and a dick. Anything that has to do with that Anime/manga I'm game. I like other various fandoms and such. 

Certain things get on my nerves. Being asked a question multiple of times counts as getting on my nerves. I hate it. Don't do it! Calling me a lair or accusing me also pushes my buttons.

Pretty laid back about things, for an example a person I might be role playing might not answer me for a year I'd still wouldn't be mad at me. I'd be upset and sad but those feelings go away pretty quickly.

I love cats.

So yeah. That's all I really have to say. Hopefully I can make new friends. Start up role plays, can't wait. You'll always be in Cthulhu's thought. Goodbye and have a good day or night. OR middle day. Noon. 

I love cats.

We can't be friends.

Welcome, though!

1 person likes this

Don't listen to Sean. He hates almost everyone.

Mr. Grump aside, welcome to Surreality!

Welcome welcome. I hope you enjoy it here.

Birds are best, it is fact. :) Welcome!

1 person likes this

I love cats, and since Nikkia is my goddess, I love birds too(Actually I have two).

On another note, the biggest key about Surreality is that you have to WANT to write better. If you're perfectly happy being not so great at thing, Surreality may not be the place for you - not to scare you away, just trying to be honest. A lot of the writers here have their issues, I certainly have trouble with words and grammar but the difference between me and your average Gaia rper is that I WANT to do better, I try and I work at it, and since I joined this community... I have no idea how many years ago, over 5 years ago at least - I've most definitely improved. We're not just roleplayers here, we're story tellers, we write novels among multiple people. The appeal for us isn't just to make and play a character of your design, but to write a story with depth. This means sometimes our characters aren't all powerful, sometimes bad things happen to them, sometimes they lose, and in extreme cases... sometimes they die. To be fair, in all the years I've roleplayed I think I've only ever killed one character, but it was all for the sake of the roleplay, because it made a better story, because a happy ending simply hadn't been an option for that one. 

Welcome to Surreality, I hope you will stay with us and flourish into a beautiful writer. <3

1 person likes this

Well hi there and many welcomes. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. You seem awfully adorables...I think I'll keep you and claim you as mine.

Yes welcome welcome. I'm the self-proclaimed wraith of the site. I do hope that you'll find our community a great place to be and that even if you don't stick around for long, you still become a wonderful writer. But you should stay.

Definately. Then we could RP together someday. :3

Hi there, newbie. I'm Wstfgl, and I hate everything that isn't exploding right now. That's why I'm Sean's bro for life.

I'm here to welcome you anyway, since I was feeling like being a little nice for a change.

I've never been to Gaia or those bigger RP sites, but I heard terrible things about them :X Well, I hope you like the environment here more, in that case. We aren't perfect of course, but we try.

Except me, I'm a shining paragon of grammatical impeccability. Bow before me and exult in my presence, for I am The Lord of Proper Apostrophe Use. (Just kidding. I hope.)

Have fun!

> inb4 someone misuses apostrophes to rile me up

Well, it's always great to see new faces in the site! If you have any questions about how things work around the site, you could always ask me! I won't bite. Honest.

> inb4 someone misuses apostrophes to rile me up

Hi and wel'come to Sur'real'ity KillerNinjaKitty! Sorry f'or b'eing so late with the wel'come -- I was a little oc'cu'pie'd these past couple of days.

... I don't think I did that right at all. It's rather irritating.

But haha yes I'm HH, the last Kindly Scholar of the trio. If you need help just speak to us. Roleplay Discussion is where you check for new roleplays to join, or you can start one yourself too if you've an idea! Or you can always PM a Scholar and shoot an idea. We'll always try to help you out in any way possible.

(though a handful of us will be away in Japan from 4th to 9th June; do look at the Farewells sub-forum. XD)