Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Demonic Gate

Sengoku Wars Mafia Game Discussion [Closed]

14 posts in this topic

I shall create this for now. The game will not formally start until next week when the Singaporeans are done with their trip and after everyone has had a little time to recover from Sean's game. Hope everyone gets excited.

But yeah, if anyone has preliminary questions, I can post some stuff to help.

I don't know what to ask cause I dunno anything about the game x.x Except for the teams. I have finally learned the teams <3

I'll be setting up team chats sometime in the next day for you guys to 'get acquainted' with your teammates. That's when you'll learn your abilities.

Alright, I've been asked to give everyone the mechanics for the game so everyone can get the idea of how it will play. I'll repost this at the beginning of the game so everyone has something to work from. I'll also post Roles at this point as it would be harder for some to understand how some actions work or the goals based on simply how they are written. So you may start deciding your roles as well.

Roles:
Warlord - The warlord is the leader of the Faction. He gains an extra AP every time he Meditates, but cannot perform Koku during the day.
Heir - If the warlord should die, the heir will step-in as the new Warlord, thus prolonging the chances of the Faction's victory. Heir's heal 1 extra HP when they Rest.
Retainers - The retainers are the two most loyal servants of the Warlord and Heir. The retainers each have an individual effect that makes them differ from one another. When the Retainers are chosen, they will choose which of the abilities they get.

Special Role:
Ronin - If both the Warlord and the Heir are killed from a Faction, the surviving Retainers may choose to either commit seppuku and bow out of the game, or become Ronin and go on a path of their own. Their ultimate goal to see the end of the warring. Ronin also gain the ability to 'Wander' which is a Day Phase action. When it becomes relevant, I shall relay it.
-------
Rules:
1. There will be no speaking in the team chat during the Day Phase, nor talking in the thread during the Night Phase.
2. Obvious antagonistic tendencies of an out of character manner being shouted out in the Game Thread will not be tolerated. I do not want everyone pointing fingers at one another like this is meant to be a real war. It's a game people have some respect and have fun.
3. Upon choosing your action during the Day Phase, it is 'LOCKED'. No take backs, no do-overs. You have to plan and deal with the consequences no dick around flipping between choices.
4. Enjoy yourselves. This is my first time hosting a game, so feedback will be good.
-------
Actions by Phase:

Day Phase - During the day phase, Samurai Warlords and their retainers may perform from a small list of actions as well as possible special actions only they possess.

Strike - This action may be performed for 1 AP. When performed this action deals one damage to an adjacent rival of the player's choosing.

Defend - This action costs 1 AP per use and negates a damage that would be dealt to you from an opponent.

Counter - This action, unlike Defend, costs 2AP and will deflect 1 damage an opponent deals back at them.

Koku - This action is the Day Time equivalent of Meditate, however, it leaves the player open for Strikes without defense.

Scout - This action, which costs 3 AP permanently reveals the special characteristic of a rival player. When used against a rival player, said player can counter this move by paying the same AP cost. Scouting may also be used to learn of a Samurai's Basara/Musou, which requires 5 AP. Scouting requires the full concensus of the faction and one person will be designated as the scouter.
-------
Night Phase - During the Night Phase, personal actions may be performed as well as 1 of among 3 common actions.

Meditate - This actions gains the player 2 Action points.

Rest - This action heals 1 HP of the player. A player can expend 1 AP to boost the healing up to 2.

Sabotage - This Night action which costs 3 AP, negates the night action of a single opponent. The Saboteur will be known to the Sabotaged.  
-------
Special Actions:

Basara/Musou - Each player has a single use Basara/Musou Action which costs a larger amount of AP than all other actions.. However, this action alters something permanently to the game regarding the character in question. They may fully heal, they get a permanent buff to an action, or in a rare case, it may affect the entire field of combatants.
-------
Goal:

The last Faction standing wins, this is of course a simple goal in thought, but in action it is much harder a feat to obtain.

The Faction with the last remaining Warlord a/o Heir will reign victorious. This will be a 'somewhat' tricky feat as the roles for the 4 players in each Faction will be unknown to the other factions.

The Ronin's goal is to see to it that all Warlords and Heir are defeated.

Questions! ã—ã¤ã‚‚ã‚“ï¼

1.) How much AP do we start this game with?

2.)Is there a limit to how much AP one can stock?

3.)Will the day actions be made known through the thread, or by PM?

4.)How long will the day and night phases last?

5.)What is the "special effect" for retainers?

6.)[Extension of 5]  As in something that will be different for every clan, or will they be the same? Will they also be predetermined to be selected, or be selected to fit the individual?

That is all my good friend. ^.^ For now >.>

Good questions shadow.

1. Everyone starts with 10 HP(unless an ability says they get more/less), and everyone starts with 3 AP(Same this as I said about the HP).

2. AP has no Max volume, but HP maxes at where it started for character.

3. The day actions must be announced, in the thread unless you have an ability that says otherwise.

4. Day and Night Phases last for technically 48 hours. However, if everyone is content with the Day actions taken, it can be voted to press on. Same thing for the Night phase, if I get everyone's actions I'll ask if you wanna start early.

5. Special effects for retainers will be listed upon the retainers being chosen. Since choosing the Warlord and the Heir will be an important choice to begin with.

6. There will be enough of a variety to give each retainer in each faction possibly a different ability, depending on what they pick. I'm offering different things that aim for different play styles, and when one is picked, the other retainer has to pick a different one. The retainers will pick from the list when the Warlords/Heirs are chosen.

That answer everything?

And Ice, AP are Action Points. And they are gotten from the actions that say you get them right up there in the actions you can perform during phases. If you overlooked them. :v

I think that'll do. I can't come up with anything else at the moment. ^.^ Thank you for the swift reply as well.

I do apologize everyone, I was silly and forgot that one of the teams has mostly Singaporeans in it and we'll have to probably wait 'one' more day to start, I apologize if this is an inconvenience. And if our Singaporean friends come home early we'll be on track anyways.

I'd like to ask all groups to spend this next day deliberating your choices as to who you'd like to fill in the roles for each Faction. Obviously you'll post this in the Clan chats. I'll check on everyone's choices later in the day. We'll start either soon after, or the following day.