Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shadow

OPEN Tragic Romance?

62 posts in this topic

Kay. So I've had an idea for a kind of RP I want recently. I really want to do a tragic romance thing. I don't really have any story idea to follow through with, but this is more of an interest thread really. I want to see who would be interested in fulfilling my wishes here . ^.^

Currently I know I want it to have prominent romance. I want the story to follow the characters involved as they uncover the secrets behind some kind of darkness or something. They aren't saving the world per-say, but they have powers and they fight something together, but not an organization, just a small group of whoever joins. I'm wanting there to be a clear end where one character (involved in the romance duo of course) to sacrifice themselves to save the others (especially his/her lover). 

(Cliche alert!) I'm thinking of playing the male lead who will be the one to sacrifice, but of course I'm open to ideas here. I also want the setting to be a strong, Japanese anime/manga school setting. Think Kyoukai no Kanata, Hagure Yuusha no Estetica, and the like. That's all I can really come up with right now.

I do have a character I've been thinking on, but I don't know if it's the best character to use for something like this, so currently I don't really have anything else for you guys to go on. So, any takers/ideas!?

I tapped tapped and pee'd on it. Mine mine mine mine mine....But it all seriousness I love tragic romances. My only fault is I have no clue about any of those mangas, or anime really. Drawn it but never really written it....but that being said it's always good to try something new. So yes maybe?

Well, i've never really RPed with that kind of thing in mind either. It's always been super sci-fi, or total fantasy. This will be a first for me as well. I've seen well over 100 different anime at least though, so I do have a really strong reference base to go off of. I'm sure we could figure out that much rather easily.

I'm adding on to my first post here EDIT: Ideally it would be 1 on 1 RPing, but if one or two more just HAVE to get in on something like this I could probably add a person to the group (love-triangle) and then maybe have a big-bad as well. 

Well since I'm guessing there won't be anymore takers, how about we get to figuring this one out then...so we need A story Idea, rules for the world, mostly involving the "powers" whether sci-fi or fantasy, and stuffs of that nature.

I feel fantasy would work better than sci-fi for this particular genre and plot we''re going for personally. So I looked at those two mangas you mentioned earlier, I was curious if you wanted to follow a similar plot that the two main characters are allies or if you would rather they be enemies for the long haul but they do have an attraction.

I also had a question, the rating is NC-17. What exactly are you looking for especially with this being a romance and and the fighting as well if there is any?

I just picked that since it was a high rating. to be on the safe side at least. There's no hidden meaning behind it. 

And those were just examples for the kind of setting and maybe the story type to follow. I think the characters wouldn't be enemies, but maybe one of those things where the girl doesn't reciprocate? (not necessarily tsundere) 

We could do girl moves in with guy. Guy chases after girl. Girl secretly likes guy. Guy protects girl. Girl gets guy involved in crazy shit. Both get involved at the same time. First meeting and the girl "doesn't like guy". They aren't involved with each other until they get powers. The list is endless. 

Oh, and I agree. I'd much prefer magic in this kind of scenario.

That plot sounds cool to me. So are we looking at high school school setting or college school setting? Where would this be located? Real place or fictional? What kind of magic powers should we do? Elemental powers? Summoning powers? Like regular magic spells?

Sorry I tend to ask a lot of questions before I get started on my character.

Not at all. In this case I'm glad I'm not the only one who wants to know these things. It will be high school setting. I'm thinking of making my character 17-18. It will be a fictional high school in a fictional place based on "anime Japan" type thing. I'll try to include the name of the city, school, and things of that nature. As for the magic...hmmm...Not elemental...Summoning is an idea. I don't have anything set in stone after all. 

I recently started writing a novel where there is an academy for college students who have psychic powers to fight the sins. Clearly not everyone will know about these powers and it's just a "normal" high school, but we could do that, or if you want everyone to have a very specific power based on personality or something that works too. We could also do have the Big-Bad actually be the seven deadly sins and then there are other demons that popup and stuff based on the seven sins.

Regardless, what thoughts do you have for the powers and enemies?

I really had no thought or plans I was just thinking incantations (like witch's tale if you ever saw the game, where the person has to do the incantations physically) and summoning would be kinda cool. And I like the sins idea, if you want cliche the summoning powers could be the virtues or those could be usable weapons. I don't think we should have set powers just more we are learning them kinda and just happened to be good in particular areas just like regular school and academics.

Now for the characters would you be alright with them about the same age or would you rather an age gap, more specifically between yours and mine. I mean I would prefer an older gal but I'm flexible. 

Well being in high school you couldn't really be any older than 18. So we'd end up being around the same age unless you went for a younger girl. And I decided I'm going to do magic for my character, but then he also "inherits" a "gift" that grants him another ability. Idk what exactly it'll be yet, but I know it'll be his right eye and give him a secondary powerful magic and allow him to summon something, like maybe spells or weapons. I dunno yet.

And awesome. We'll have the sins as enemies. XD Question. Do you ever RP in first person?

Sweet and actually I can roleplay in either first or third. They are about the same to me. Which would you prefer? And as for magic I'd probably do incantations. Don't know if I'd do weapon summoning I may actually do like animal summoning but that wouldn't be till later

Either way is fine. We can just have our own special powers and whatever reasons we decided behind why we inherited whatever power and blah blah. And I can RP in both equally as well. I've only RPed a very little in first person though. I really only write stories in first since people don't seem to like it much for RPs. I have ways to transition between the two as well, so you can pick which ever you'd prefer. 

EDIT: One question though. A silly one maybe, but are we going to do names and such in Japanese as well? Like for characters and the location and pretty much everything else?

I switch between the two so I'm good with whatever. Now to answer that question uh..... I don't really know. I was just gonna kinda cheat and be a transfer from America. I know nothing of Japanese names, places or the like

I don't either, but I can conjure up lots of stuff thanks to my anime background. (^.^)b hmmm...I guess for convince for you, the naming system will just be whatever, but I'm going to make the place a fictional place in Japan because I can do that. ^.^

Here is my character so far. I'll fill in any blanks before we start, but this is what I could manage to put into words for now. Feel free to use this as reference for the world and such, and pleae pardon me if my character seems a little over the top. I felt it was a good contrast and would add tension to his personality and the story.

Name: Hakuya Toshiro

Appearance: 5'11 http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/23300000/Hijikata-Toshirou-anime-guys-23377142-1200-845.jpg

Powers:​ Hakuya has very little affinity for normal magics. His highest proficiency is for that of illusion magics. However, he inherited the Nine Infinities. This grants him the power to summon the power of the Nine Infinities alone or in combination. (still trying to figure out what those powers are) This manifests itself in his right eye. When used, a black spell traces on his eye in clear sight.  

Personality: Hakuya has two faces. Most people see him from the outside. A cool, handsome man who can claim the hearts of girls with just a glance. He's very smart and always doing the best in everything. He places in the top ten with exam scores every time as if he weren't even trying. He also has an amazing physical record. Although he's never taken an interest in sports, he's been harped to join several team since freshman year. He has a great background in martial arts as well. He is also a total gentleman. He always helps someone in need, Whether is be someone struggling with bullies, or someone simply can't find something, he always takes a moment to aid them. Though this has landed him in the office for fighting more than the average person, he still has a good standing with teachers. Altogether, he is the idol of the school.

All of this, however, is one half. The truth is that he is totally selfish and lazy. Those who get close to him understand, and are often amazed by how uncharacteristic he is at school. He hardly even lifts a finger to feed himself most of the time. He lives like a slob and eats junk food all the time. He rarely does anything productive outside of school especially with anyone save his close friends. After school activities? Never. He would rather waste money at a local arcade, or go home and lay on the couch watching reruns of anime and soap operas. Despite his great appearance, he doesn't do anything for anyone but himself.

History: Hakuya was born and raised in the bustling city Kuriyama, Japan. He grew up leading a rather normal life until just before high school. His mother had lived with a heart condition most of her life, but despite this, she lived very strongly. However, the winter of his last year in junior high, she came down with an illness and began to slowly wither. January 1, Airi Toshiro died of heart failure. Despite the death of his mother, Hakuya maintained his grades and composure. This was around the time he began to make a facade at school. His father, despite the death, still had a transfer to Tokyo for work. 

Hakuya stayed behind it Kuriyama and his father moved for work. The money began to roll in as predicted and his father sends him a large sum for living expenses. Because of this, Hakuya has been living alone for several years and has adopted his lazy ways and bad household habits of junk food and fast food. He does live on the third floor of a nicer apartment complex, but the inside is a wreck after years of slow mistreatment by Hakuya. 

Now in high school and over the grief for his lost mother, his facade turned from a front against his grief to his way of living. His good looks only helped add to his duality as well. Despite his good looks and frequent confessions, Hakuya remains single and is only truly close to a few girls. His popularity among the males is surprisingly high thanks to respect for him, but he does have more close friends in that crowd. 

So here's my basic rough draft of my character. Needs work but good for now I feel.

Name: Amarante Hyata

Appearance: Fairly petite standing no taller than 5 ft. 3 in. which truly contrasts with her figure seeing as she is quite curvaceous for her size. (I’m gonna draw up a picture soon and post here). Extremely long blue green hair either in pigtails or just down in general.

Yay crap picture for reference: Amarantecomplete_zpsf3722e8d.jpg

Powers: Well-versed in incantations, able to cast a spell using just a single symbol and currently working on animal summoning through blood magic.

Personality: Amarante is quite the trouble maker, loud, opinionated and not easy to please. She’s the kind of gal who knows what she wants and gets it whether it be by luck or force. She tends to be a loner and does not have many friends. Most girls can’t stand her and while most of the guys may stare at her they don’t approach her. Being a rebel Amarante is fine with her social status and has come to welcome the whispers and odd glances. However as tough as she is on the outside near animals she is completely gentle and caring, treating them much better than she would most people. Overall Amarante is a good person; it just takes a person with a fair amount of patience to see it.

History: When Amarante was younger she was the complete opposite of how she is today. She was soft spoken, curious, innocent, obedient, and respectful. Never caused a problem. That however changed when she traveled overseas when she was fifteen. She returned closed off from the world, fighting with her family and society every moment she got. No one knows what happened on her trip as she refuses to speak of it and she plans to keep it that way. On what seemed to be tenth relocation in the past two year because of her behavior her parents gave her a choice. Either Amarante changed her act for the new city or she stay and learn to take care of herself. Now currently on her own Amarante needs to figure out what to do with herself.

I like it. I can already feel the tension between our characters here XD All right. Is there anything else you can think of before I type the first post?

Also, here is the listings for the Demons of Sin:

Manifestations: These form from  intense cases of one sin from a human. Weaker and without "physical" body.

Lesser demons: Pure heart, weak willed people consumed by sin. They are stronger but generally don't have much of a "physical" body on this plane.

Greater demons: Strong willed, corrupt humans given into sin. They are again stronger, only they are known to both have and not have a "physical" body on this plane. On occasion they are known to have sentience and sometimes even a humanoid form.

Arch demons: These are people who wielded powers against demons once who gave in to sin for power. They generally have a "physical" body in this plane and take on their human form. These are sentient beings who serve the Sins.

Seven Sins: These are the total embodiment of the Seven Sins beyond the Event Horizon. In descending order they are:

Sloth-Female

Gluttony-Male

Greed-Male

Wrath-Male

Envy-Female

Pride-Male

Lust-Female

That pretty much covers that. I'm still trying to think out how we fight these things without others seeing and all that stuff. In the original novel, there are two planes of existence. Human plane, and spirit plane. Anything without a physical body couldn't be seen by someone without psychic abilities. Anyway, if you are fine with what we have, I'll try to finish up my character today and get the pilot post in hopefully by tomorrow.

I finished my character profile so I'll start working on the post sometime...it should be finished by tomorrow night x.x

So hey, you don't care if I control your character completely during my first post do you? I'm going to set things up for us to both get out powers at the same time, OOOORRR, Does your character already have her powers from the start and have skill using them?

I do not care if you control her. I had originally planned that she learned of them at 16 but never did anything with them tried to pretend they didn't exist kind of thing

hmmmm....Kay. I'ma go with the original plan then.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0