Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Demonic Gate

Sengoku Wars [Night Phase 5]

240 posts in this topic

The land is in turmoil.

Those who would seek to claim it rise.

The peace and harmony of old must now make way for the age of the Warring States.

The reign of the old Shogunate is over.

And I, Matsunaga Hisahide, watch as these puppets dance before me.

Let us see what these 'Warlords' can make of this land.

Rules:

1. There will be no speaking in the team chat during the Day Phase, nor talking in the thread during the Night Phase.

2. Obvious antagonistic tendencies of an out of character manner being shouted out in the Game Thread will not be tolerated. I do not want everyone pointing fingers at one another like this is meant to be a real war. It's a game people have some respect and have fun.

3. Upon choosing your action during the Day Phase, it is 'LOCKED'. No take backs, no do-overs. You have to plan and deal with the consequences no dick around flipping between choices.

4. Enjoy yourselves. This is my first time hosting a game, so feedback will be good.

Actions:

Day Phase - During the day phase, Samurai Warlords and their retainers may perform from a small list of actions as well as possible special actions only they possess.

Strike - This action may be performed for 1 AP. When performed this action deals one damage to an adjacent rival of the player's choosing.

Defend - This action costs 1 AP per use and negates a damage that would be dealt to you from an opponent.

Counter - This action, unlike Defend, costs 2AP and will deflect 1 damage an opponent deals back at them.

Koku - This action is the Day Time equivalent of Meditate, however, it leaves the player open for Strikes without defense.

Scout - This action, which costs 3 AP permanently reveals the special characteristic of a rival player. When used against a rival player, said player can counter this move by paying the same AP cost. Scouting may also be used to learn of a Samurai's Basara/Musou, which requires 5 AP. Scouting requires the full concensus of the faction and one person will be designated as the scouter.
-------
Night Phase - During the Night Phase, personal actions may be performed as well as 1 of among 3 common actions.

Meditate - This actions gains the player 2 Action points.

Rest - This action heals 1 HP of the player. A player can expend 1 AP to boost the healing up to 2.

Sabotage - This Night action which costs 3 AP, negates the night action of a single opponent. The Saboteur will be known to the Sabotaged.
-------
Special Actions:

Basara/Musou - Each player has a single use Basara/Musou Action which costs a larger amount of AP than all other actions.. However, this action alters something permanently to the game regarding the character in question. They may fully heal, they get a permanent buff to an action, or in a rare case, it may affect the entire field of combatants.

Factions:

The Oda

Oda Nobunaga, The Demon King {Day}: A vicious man who will do whatever it takes to rule the Land of the Rising Sun. Equipped with a Longsword in one hand, and a Shotgun in the other, he is a scourge on the battlefield.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130822152645/s__/sengokubasara/images/e/e0/Nobunaga-sb4.jpg

Oichi, The Battle Flower {HH}: The beautiful younger sister of Nobunaga, and a loyal servant to her brother and her husband Azai Nagamasa. She is a timid woman and a possesses a radiant beauty, and is also one of the kindest people around. Equipped with duel Chakram, she helps her Faction with all her might.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131115030504/dynastywarriors/images/b/b4/Oichi-sw3-art.jpg

Mitsuhide Akechi, Bringer of Peace {Eth}: One of the mightiest generals in the Oda Faction, Mitsuhide is loyal to only his master, Nobunaga. Equipped with a Katana, his iaijutsu style is precise and to be reckoned with.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131115030010/dynastywarriors/images/5/51/Mitsuhide-sw3-art.jpg

Mori Ranmaru, Young Lion {Dreamy}: The most loyal of all the Oda, Ranmaru serves Nobunaga with utter surety. Often mistaken for a young girl, his looks deceive many into a false sense of security, as he is also a model samurai, willing to give his life for his lord. Equipped with a large Great Katana, his swings are true no matter what.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131115030455/dynastywarriors/images/4/45/Ranmaru-sw3-art.jpg

The Tokugawa

Tokugawa Ieyasu, Champion of the East {Tri}: Ieyasu is a feisty yet respectable young man, who desires the people of the Land of the Rising Sun to unite with the bonds of friendship and peace. His words, however, fall upon deaf ears most of the time and he is prepared for not only denial, but retaliation. Leading the honorable soldiers of Mikawa, he aims to bring peace to the Warring States. Equipped with his mighty Fists, he can smash anything with enough power.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130924041646/s__/sengokubasara/images/2/2b/Ieyasu-sb4.jpg

Honda Tadakatsu, The Unparalleled {Wst}: Tadakatsu serves the Tokugawa with the most loyalty out of any in the Warring States. He is an indomitable warrior who is known throughout the Land of the Rising Sun as one of the greatest warriors to ever come upon the land. Armed with his mighty Drill Spear, Cannons, and Jet Propelled back, he serves not only as Ieyasu's greatest asset, but also his kick-ass robot taxi.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130924041802/s__/sengokubasara/images/9/99/Tadakatsu-sb4.jpg

Ina-hime, Tadakatsu's Pride {Ice}: Ina is a filial daughter who is proud of her family, father, and lord. Despite her high-class upbringing, she is eager to show her own worth as both a warrior, and a noble successor to her father's legacy. Though respectful of her father's wishes, she is independent enough to act upon her own volition. Equipped with a large Bow, she is a danger from afar.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140324115144/dynastywarriors/images/2/25/Ina-sw4art.jpg

Sasaki Kojiro, Mortiferous Grace {shadow}: Kojiro is the eternal rival of famous swordsman Miyamoto Musashi. He is a sadistic narcissist who loves to kill and prove his strength with his sword. Scouted by the Tokugawa for his prowess with a blade, he serves for the chance to face his rival. Armed with his famous "Drying Pole", he is precise and agile, like a sparrow taking flight.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140324115939/dynastywarriors/images/0/03/Kojiro-sw4art.jpg

The Date

Date Masamune, The One-Eyed Dragon {Kyo}: Hot-headed yet cunning, Masamune is a natural leader. His charisma emboldens his troops to strive for victory, and his brash nature often causes opponents to foolishly think him to be no more than a thug. He is, in reality, one of the greatest samurai to have ever lived, in both strength and mind. Equipped with his Six Claws, he ravages the battlefield like the dragon he is.

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131113023626/s__/sengokubasara/images/c/c6/SB4_Date_Masamune.png

Katakura Kojuro, The Dragon's Right Eye {Sean}: Level-headed and calm, Kojuro is a skilled strategist and the most trusted member of the Date Faction. His determination to defend his lord, and his love for the people of Ouushu make him a favorite among the people of the land and the warriors behind him. Equipped with a Katana and a Wakazashi, he strikes true no matter what.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130822152720/s__/sengokubasara/images/8/84/Kojuurou-sb4.jpg

Saika Magoichi, Fiery Crow of Saika {Nikkia}: A proud woman, Magoichi is known to be blunt and offers her expert mercenary troops only to those worthy of them. Masamune, being somewhat of an old friend thinks highly of her and knows her to be a deadly woman. Equipped with various firearms ranging from her signature Magnums to her Machine guns, Shotguns, Grenade launchers, and Landmines, she is deceptive yet upfront about her tactics.

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131017143143/s__/sengokubasara/images/e/e5/Magoichi-sb4.jpg

Maeda Keiji, The Vagabond {Noia}: Keiji is a high-spirited man, travelling about befriending many. Caring deeply for those he sees as his friends he goes to great lengths to end things in a peaceful, but is never afraid of a rough housing battle. A heavy drinker, lover boy, and all around partier, Keiji has a reputation not only as a great man, but also a wild one at that. Travelling with his loving pet monkey Yumekichi, he is equipped with a massive Nodachi.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140116191643/s__/sengokubasara/images/b/ba/Keiji-sb4.jpg

INB4 MITSUHIDE TURNS TRAITOR, THAT SLY DOG

THE ENEMY IS AT HONNOUJI

> SAMURAIS

I SHALL DESTROY YOU FOR YOUR PLURAL MISUSE

The land is in turmoil.

Those who would seek to claim it rise.

The peace and harmony of old must now make way for the age of the Warring States.

The reign of the old Shogunate is over.

And I, Matsunaga Hisahide, watch as these puppets dance before me.

Let us see what these 'Warlords' can make of this land.

Obviously Matsunaga Hisahide is the true villain.

Let's all gang up on him first.

Tadakatsu's passion is admirable! However, it is entirely misplaced.

LISTEN TO MY GREAT LIEGE TOKUGAWA-SAMA

HE SPEAKS TRUTH

Ieyasu-dono is causing trouble for the sake of trouble. I may be a man of passion but I raise my steel with honour.

DID I HEAR YOU DISHONOR MY LIEGE

I SHALL NOT TOLERATE THIS DISRESPECT AGAINST HIM

It seems things are already off to a healthy argument. ^.^ I must side with my lord Tokugawa. Matsunaga is the true villain here. He must fall!

THE ONLY WAY TO DEFEAT MATSUNAGA IS TO DENY HIM HIS AMUSEMENT

I NEVER KNEW I WOULD SAY THIS, BUT THE ONLY WAY IS TO LAY DOWN OUR ARMS

COME, JOIN ME IN CONTEMPLATING THE MYSTERIES OF KOKU

1 person likes this

Tadakatsu seems to have a bipolar disorder. I'll keep this in mind.

Everyone, oh, why are we fighting? Why is the world so dark and evil? *starts sobbing dramatically*

(this is the impression I get from Oichi)

Also, all Japanese words have no plural. Rule of thumb.

(I'm not sure about that... Is 'ninjas' grammatically correct, I wonder?)

I SHALL TOLERATE NO DISRESPECT OF MY LIEGE, BUT HE HAS DECLARED MATSUNAGA AS OUR ENEMY. WHAT SEPARATES US FROM THUGS IS KNOWING NOT JUST WHEN TO STRIKE IN ANGER, BUT WHEN TO KEEP OUR SWORDS IN THEIR SHEATH. SQUABBLING NOW IS FUTILE.

Tips head to ina-hime. Greetings ina.

Hello there, darling.

The plural of 'ninja' is 'ninja' I do believe.

What is all this about Japan?

A WILD GAIJIN APPEARED

DO NOT LET HER LEARN OUR SECRETS

I am simply a bystander. Pay me no heed and I will pay you none in return.

That sounds like you want to follow up with 'but if you bother me I will end you'