Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HerculeHastings

Glasses and Astigmatism

7 posts in this topic

I just changed my glasses (they look bright red now, like Mirai's from Kyoukai no Kanata except lighter) but it seems they're either wrong for me or i haven't adjusted to them yet. My myopia hasn't changed but astigmatism in 1 eye has shot up 100 points to 200 now.

The first time i got the glasses it was downright off. Flat surfaces were sloping upwards for me. The odd thing, though, was that if i covered either eye and only looked through 1 eye everything looked okay, but once i used both eyes the astigmatism difference probably warped my vision. I brought it back to the optometrist and they adjusted the angle of astigmatism, whatever that meant.

So now the sloping has gotten better (but when i look down the ground beneath me still seems to be sloping a little) but i'm getting a light headache, and am feeling abnormally tired. I'm not sure if the glasses i have are still wrong, or that the sudden jump in astigmatism makes it hard to adapt to, or it's punishment for trying to be Mirai. T.T

it's punishment for trying to be Mirai. T.T

This

1 person likes this

This is the vengeance of the Megane gods.

I don't have astigmatism, but I really ought to change my glasses lenses. They're so scratched people wonder how I see through them.

(Truth is I don't, and I find my way around by echolocation. That's why I shout all the time.)

2 people like this

It might be the curve of your glasses. It took me a while to get used to my sunglasses, which had the same degree as my normal glasses, but the surface was curved.

If your glasses are causing you any kind of discomfort then you should probably arrange a re-visit to the opticians. 

Also in this situation, I guess you could say:

tumblr_mwqs70ZwoO1swvt6ro1_500.jpg

1 person likes this

It might be the curve of your glasses. It took me a while to get used to my sunglasses, which had the same degree as my normal glasses, but the surface was curved.

Mm it might be the other way around! My old glasses were curved but these are flat now. XD

Also wellllll I think it may be getting better. I kinda don't want to visit them so many times, sigh. I'm sick of them.

I too, have the astigmatism glasses ordeal. You'll get used to it in a couple days, though. It's worth it! :D