Valentine

Playstation 4

75 posts in this topic

I enjoyed GTAV somewhat, but I wasn't super excited for it. The game looked okay at the time, or at least I thought so, but back then I wasn't really aware of the difference in graphics between current and next gen. Looking at the comparison there, its just as striking as some of the other games i've been playing lately. They did a really nice job updating it. I'm not sure if i'll get it right away though.

Still bumming around Chicago as the Vigilante Watch Dog (That's what I call Aiden when I'm bombing around in my stealth car); mostly interfering with convoys. Subduing them instead of killing them is such a pain in the arse! 

I don't get UFC until friday! Friday!

Ah yeah, Watch Dogs is pretty great. I understand people's complaints about it being 'downgraded' but personally, I think it still looks just fine. Not the most incredible looking game, like say Second Son, but still very nice - especially when its night/raining. Very pretty. Fun game too, although i'm trying to play a good vigilante, when the story is over and whatnot, I think i'll switch to no longer giving a toss about the pedestrians and i'll just mow shit down. lol

Watch_Dogs is currently my Numero Uno game on PS4 at the moment (not including re-releases from pre-gen) but Second Son is a close second. I'm playing the 'whoops I'll try not to kill you next time!' type vigilante at the moment. I found out driving full speed down the pavement/sidewalk blaring the horn tends to get the majority of civvies out of the way; anyone dumb enough to remain in my path deserves being flattened in my opinion. :)

Nice. I'm also super excited for all the PS4 exclusives in one form or another. Either indie, or full game, exclusive to PC/PS4 or just to the console. There's a lot on offer i'd love to get. Bloodborne, Don't Starve!, Outlast, Deep Down, (is Phantom Pain coming to the xbone?), InFamous, Uncharted, Little Big Planet, Killzone. Xbone is fine an' all, but the only thing that looked decent to me was Titanfall, and i've since played it and it was ooookaaaay... lol. Microsoft can keep their Halo and Gears, can't be bothered with them. 

By the way, Dead Nation and Flower are on offer on the store from today/tomorrow I believe - i'll probably pick up Flower cus i've heard good things about it. And this would be a good place for us to tell each other when things like deals are on, what the free games of the month are, etc.   :3

I've heard nothing of 'Flower' but Dead Nation is awesome fun.

As I've mentioned previously my list of games to get is ridiculously large and the majority of them will be for PS4. I have got a Xbone as well but that's only for exclusives; like Ryse (a brilliant game) and Dead Rising 3 (also a brilliant game, although for different reasons.) I still need to get Forza 5 and Forza Horizon 2 is also on my list to get.

Dead Rising was always too silly for me. I like my post-apocalyptic worlds to be hopeless, more or less. lol. I'm getting The Last of Us Remastered when it comes out - Never played it for PS3 but i've heard it was one of the best exclusives (or indeed games in general) on the console. With it being 1080p, with updated textures, lighting, etc. running at 60fps and boxed with all the DLC that had been released for it, seems like a pretty sweet deal. As for Dead Nation, i'm not sure about it, I know it would only be a couple of quid on the sale, but it just looked like one of those 'waves' game, where you just fight off hordes of enemies and there's nothing deep about it, no crafting or survival or anything that I enjoy.  

Dead Rising 3 is a major step above the previous incarnations; I played both and never got on with them. I played it purely for the opportunity to rage through a street packed wall-to-wall with zombies armed with a battle axe and I was immensely satisfied. The Last of Us is a brilliant game in almost all regards (in my opinion) and the DLC is great as well; I probably won't be getting the re-mastered edition though. Dead Nation is pretty much a 'waves' game so if you're not into those, I'd advise staying away. I played it co-op which was a bonus.

Hmm, well, with co-op it might be fun. And as it's on sale, I might pick it up. The zombie game i'm looking forward to is Dying Light. That looks really, really good. 

Dying Light is one of those on my list of 'Get-it-you-fool!' and it does look very, very good.

Been playing the new UFC all day. Currently 12-0 in Career Mode; wasn't until my last 2 fights that it was actually challenging. I almost went down in both of them.

Also, Game Face doesn't work that well with UFC. This is what it was supposed to look like (which is surprisingly accurate) and this is what it ended up looking like.

No.

I guess the Character Creation assets used for UFC are different from the other EA Sports games... which sucks.

Is UFC as good as it looks? Because I'm still having to pee around on the demo! Friday needs to come around quicker.

It's fantastic! A lot better than the THQ games (I never played the first EA MMA game, when it didn't include UFC fighters). The new submission system is great, albeit a bit weird, the visuals are fantastic and I love the way career mode is set up.

...I just think it's a bit too easy. I'm currently 19-0 and after the two matches that gave me trouble my stats were so high that I have been knocking everyone out in 2 minutes. I think I'll have to set it on the highest difficulty or something. 

New Sky Hub (router) arrived - didn't do shit for my wireless signal, I think i'm gonna have to convince my folks to let me run an ethernet cable all the way up to my room. Otherwise, I won't be online any time soon. Really frustrating. I just wanna get online and download some games, play Battlefield 4, watch Netflix, etc.  *sigh*

Got UFC today, it's freaking excellent. Currently sitting at 12-0-0 in career; I woul agree that it seems to be too easy.

I finished my carreer 39-0-0. By the end I was just sandbagging in order to extent the fights in an attempt to get Fight of the Year, but I never got it :(

I have learned that fights that last till the last round are likely to get the Fight of the Night reward, but I have no idea what to do in order to get FotY, cause I did everything!

Instead of repeatedly punching them in the face I did leg kicks, body kicks, various clinches, wrestling, ground and pound, intentionally failed a few submissions and I got knocked down twice (unintentionally, I let my guard down >__>) and let it go till the end of the last round. I thought it was a pretty great crowd :(

BUT FUCKING ANTHONY PETTIS GOT FIGHT OF THE NIGHT EVERY YEAR

Good news and bad.

The bad news is that I can't get wireless internet working with my PS4, apparently the signal strength isn't good enough for a next-gen, and to be fair, my wireless signal IS garbage. It's like 24% in my room, but 100% down near the router. *eye roll* BUT, the good news is that I AM getting an ethernet cable fed into my room, so i'll be able to hook up my PS4 to a wired connection. Which is arguably much better.

Also, when I took my PS4 downstairs temporarily to check the connection, I linked my console to my account and activated my PS plus, so y'all are free to add me now, which would be great to come online (in a few days when the cable arrives) and accept all you lovely folks. Lookin' forward to joining you guys online   :3   Here's muh thing:   The_Kiriyama

8266128_orig.jpg

I'm finally (and permanently) connected online via my new ethernet cable, so if anyone hasn't added me... add me! Also some moooore good news.

The free games on PS4 for PS Plus subscribers are Strider (a single player metroidvania-style platformer) and Towerfall Ascension (a multiplayer pvp/co-op 2D brawler... thing).

Both look really good, so download them from the 1st of July, they're available for around a month.

PS4 Update guys - Abe's Oddysee is coming late July, it's not an HD remake, it's a completely re-worked game from the ground up, if you've never played this game (which many of you probably haven't as it was made in the 90's), you HAVE to get it this time around, you would be doing yourself a great disservice to miss out on this fun platformer/puzzle game with a really cool story and a great sense of humour. I know, I should get paid for this advertising, but seriously look (skip to a minute in for gameplay, then six minutes (if you wanna skip the chat)) --

I like that they understand that doing digital download doesnt warrant a 60 buck price tag. Looks very promising.

Updating this thread because I bought myself a PS4 for Christmas. Definitely need some buddies to play with!

Add me on PSN: Mystic-Purge