Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Salmane

Magical Trap?

27 posts in this topic

So I've had this idea for awhile and I really want to make it into a role-play. I need to work on the plot and stuffs but I still want to test it out... So if anyone's interested or has any ideas to add on I'd be willing to hear it... Here's mah Idea:

"Alright; There are three basic magical powers that some people in the world obtain: Karmics, Olare, and Tikola. In this world, when you are born, you are born a human, and you grow up as a normal human in the Planatarun till you're 17. When you turn 17, you are prompted to join a corps known as the L.I.T.O. which is pretty much the magical government who gives you these magics for some odd reason. These Magics are pretty much their way of control. When they give you these powers, you move to the city Salova with your now implanted powers and are forced to live out your live."

I know what the powers would do and I know what the cities look like but I don't know... Like I said: Volunteers or ideas please!

Sounds interesting. Can you give more details on the powers? ^^

Also, what's the point of relocation?

Well first the government implants these people with objects called 'offers,' they're things that woo one of the three gods who grant you the abilities.

Karmics are the ability to summon one special creature using a remote device they give you. The device reacts with the 'offer' inside these people's bodies and allows them to summon these creatures to fight. Some of the creatures have been known to have powers and such.

Olare is elemental, as in Water, Earth, Fire, or Air. Only one per one character. They can use the element in any way they choose.

Tikola are body enhancements, as in you're faster, stronger, those kinds of thing. Again, only one enhancement but these are some things you can get creative with.

---

They relocate because Planatarun is filled with people who have no powers. When you get these powers, you're being drafted into the army of a corrupt government without even realizing it. People who lived on Planatarun who were over the age of 17 at the start of the power enplanement  were not involved in this, so this is why there are still children being born on Planatarun. Eventually it will be empty and destroyed. So Salova is pretty much a city full of people who will eventually be put out to a dangerous war. (Haven't thought out who they're against in said war but you know.)

I haz question 4 u (that was painful to type, but I wanted to try):

• Elaboration on each type of magic.
  • As Alisyn kindly asked, the purpose of relocation.
  • Mystery? Violence?
  • Cast size; limited or sandbox?
  • Explain "forced to live out your life". o3o Is it like, "TRY TO SURVIVE IN SOCIETY NOW, FREAK." Or, "Act as if nothing happened." (which then would prompt my question of giving magic in the first place)

Damn, 15? That's huge. :o

Not sure I can handle something like that, personally. I prefer smaller stuff. :/

I say that's very ambitious, Sal. Unless it's a game, I've never really seen a lot of large roleplays. Especially when there's no plot seen yet.

Five is manageable. I've found the critical point to be a little more than that, though I personally prefer 1:1. Something like this is naturally bigger than that, though.

But yeah, we need plot. xD

You misunderstood me. I meant "Unless the thread (not specifically pointing at this) is a game, I don't see a lot of people in roleplay threads" is what I mean in general.

Let's flesh out plot. ^^

Like, you mentioned fighting. Maybe part of the training can be fighting each other etc.? It'll let them interact and get to know each better for... whatever they're doing in the future. Going to war, rebelling, whatever. :P

I'd like to know that it's going somewhere at least and has a chance of wrapping up. Open-end/sandbox is kinda meh for me because I get bored when it doesn't have a direction. ^^;

Maybe they should fight each other to the death for training.

And yeah it does have at least three types of endings, the good, neutral, and bad ones but I dunwanna spoil the ending ._.

If they fight each other to the death, how are we going progress the plot with our characters dying? ;_____;

As long as there's an ending and you can push us in the right direction, then, since you don't want to give out details.

OH! I'm stupid, I know where the plot is going though it depends on the choices of the characters. Again, three different outcomes.

(I thought you meant where I was gonna post the roleplay itself.)

You have to post it in Student Roleplay section until you graduate if that's what you don't know.

1 person likes this

Are you not playing with us and being the leader, since we have no clue what you want to do? :/

Well, I guess my problem right now is that I can make a character, but I'll have no idea where the story is going since you haven't outlined a plot. So it would be useful to either have more information or have a guide. :/

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0