Rhythm

[Private] Poltergeist in My Bathtub

5 posts in this topic

For those of you who noticed that I've opened so many threads these few days, rest assured, it'll be the last thread I open .. for this week.

- - - - - - - - - - -

|| Themes ||

Modern, supernatural, school, romance(, reverse harem).

|| Warning ||

Semi-nudity, poorly depicted textual jump scares, and taboo relationship between human girl and ghost boy.

Possible exorcism if said ghost boy is irritating enough. Who knows.

Read at your own discretion.

|| Plot ||

Set two years after the first season of 'Free!'.

Ghost!Haruka is a spirit summoned whenever it rains in Iwatobi Town, disappearing whenever he stays away from water for too long - and strangely, it seems to be exactly what he wants; to be gone. During a school trip, Sayuri Hiroka gets separated from her team and seeks shelter in an abandoned chapel during a violent downpour. How will she deal with being haunted by a ghost who has failed in moving onto the other side?

|| Rules ||

This is a CLOSED thread.

Madi (BlindxObserver) knows the rest of how this works.

And that's all that's necessary for this to work.

(I'm horribly lazy, I'm aware and I apologise.)

It seemed to be just another ordinary school trip in the small town of Iwatobi. Or at least, that's what she thought.
Despite the heavy rainfall, the fog, and the mud forming on the ground from the rain, Sayuri was having a nice time with her classmates. She just wished that the teacher could have at least checked the weather for that particular day, though, as the rainfall was quite bothersome. Oh well, it's not like it could be helped.

She looked down as she walked, pale grey eyes watching as her shoes stepped in the mud. She seemed to be lost in thought, actually. However, a rumble of thunder and a lightening bold cracking through the sky caused her to look up... Where did everyone go?.. Frantically glancing around, trying to squint through the heavy rain and fog, her efforts proved to be useless. There was no use in yelling for them, either. There was too much noise for her to be heard. She would have gone to search, but it was particularly hard to see through all this. Another low roar of thunder made her jump, and she realized that there was really no way she could stay outside safely. Searching for the others probably wasn't such a great idea, either, as she didn't want to get even more lost. So, she did what, in her mind, was the next best thing- Seek shelter.

Sighing softly to herself, she sluggishly trudged through it all, constantly trying to squint through the haze the rain and fog created. She really needed to take cover- She knew that anywhere was safer than where she was at at that moment. Which is why she almost jumped for joy at the sight of a large structure. Running carefully through the mud, she approached the building. "A chapel, huh?" She mumbled to herself. It seemed safe enough.

Shoving open the doors, she stepped inside. It was dark, quiet-- the only noise was her shoes tapping against the floor-- and cold. This caused her body to tremble a bit from the chill. After all, her uniform was sopping wet, and the water from it dripped onto the dry floor. She reached a shivering hand up to brush her wet bangs from out in front of her eyes, letting her eyesight adjust to the darkness. It looked pretty abandoned.. Still. It had a creepy feeling to it, something seemed off. But, there were no such thing as ghosts, right? She didn't believe in them. It was probably just her imagination getting to her. What could go wrong?

If only she knew. 

// Forgive any typos- I typed this terribly quick, but I proof-read it like, 50 times. xD Hopefully I caught everything that needed to be fixed. //

It was happening again. The feeling of hands; gripping onto his neck before they wring him.

I should be used to this by now.

Came the involuntary struggle for breath. For a brief moment, who he was didn't matter as the focus was all spent for the biting need to break away from the cold, unforgiving hands he couldn't even see - and he was the one who's a ghost!

That's right. He opened his eyes, blue irises reflecting in a flash of light before he heard the angry roar of nature outside. His surroundings painted in black. His mechanism was suddenly kicked into full gear as panic attempted to overtake him.

Haruka Nanase had learned to tame these trivial fears long ago out of obligations ..

Easily getting up from one of the pews - he drifted over to the storage room on two feet, his body lighter than he was pre-mortem, finding the stray matchsticks he had placed together in a pile for his own convenience. He fiddled with one and rubbed at the phosphorus end with his thumb. In his mind, he saw red eyes and someone calling for his name. It echoed and sounded more distant, then came to a halt as he found himself back in the same old room.

He heard a spider clinking its legs against a piece of hard material against the wall.

Plastic?

Paying the critter no mind, he exited the room just as quietly as he entered and headed out towards the pews. He was about to strike the flammable head against the scratchy wall when he felt a presence. It was impossible. Even if he had lost his sense of time, it had been forever since he saw another person. Crudely, he wondered if he was going out of his mind. Do ghosts drive themselves crazy, too? He turned to face the great empty space that was the hall and saw that it was already bathed in dim light from outside the storm, although, seeing how dark it was, he surmised that night fell.

He saw a figure smaller than his standing on the dusty carpet between the benches. Pews. Whatever. His mind was in a buzz. He missed seeing people, but ..

The lean male lowered his arm and gave it a thought before emerging from the hidden corner towards the girl. She was browsing around in confusion, it appeared, eyes - colours he couldn't see given the lighting - probably looking around, yet not seeing anything. He moved closer to her as silently as he could, and came nose to nose with her, a mere few inches between their heads.  He really wanted to see her face - would she have those red eyes he couldn't stop thinking about? Amidst his obsession, he had dropped the matchstick next to one of the pews. It hit onto the carpeted floor without a sound.

He exhaled sharply when he saw an ash colour instead of crimson. Haruka was disappointed; his already grim expression soured even more with the corner of his lips plunging down.

He had forgotten, that though he was invisible, his still affected the space his body occupied. A wisp of cold air had teased her face.

...Something didn't seem right. She felt as though she was being watched, and although she couldn't see anything, she felt as if eyes were on her. Then, when she felt cold air dusting her face, it caused a shiver to run throughout her entire body. If that weren't creepy enough, to top things off, a bolt of lightening and a rumble of thunder suddenly sounded out. This almost caused her to scream, however, she clapped a hand over her mouth before she could. Well.. She could only hope that things didn't get any worse.

She wrapped her arms around her shivering form as she wandered off deeper into the dark chapel. Each step was slow and careful, as to make sure she didn't step on, or trip and fall on anything. She continued to glance around with wide eyes, however she spotted some pews when lightening flashed through the window and illuminated everything momentarily. Making her way over to the pews in the back row, she took a seat. Might as well sit down for a little bit, she thought. They'll come looking for me, and they'll find me eventually..

He thought of leaving her be, because he hadn't been waiting for her. She wasn't ..

Yet, the very idea of not gawking at a living person when she's right there before him was unappealing all the same. It would have been a waste of opportunity - what were the chances that he'd see another person in the future? What if, after this incident, he would truly be destined to spend eternity in solitude?

He sat down next to the girl, feeling less than certain with his face turned towards her, cerulean eyes wide and peering at her. His shoulders face the front. Haruka wondered where she could be from; the uniform looked familiar. Then again, it was also generic. Growing frustrated with unease, he folded his arms and observed her up close.

They waited until the rain let.

// Pardon for the lack of words and tardiness of my reply. //