Loki

We Fled. We Prospered.

41 posts in this topic

Here is an idea I had for a few people! It could go a couple different ways, I think mostly drama/romance/action. Stick with me here:

The year is 2100. As the feminist movement gained real traction, powerful "men's rights" groups took serious action against the "female menace". Still in control of the majority of the armies of the world, a pogrom of never before seen proportions took place worldwide. Women were butchered outright, regardless of creed or color, and those fortunate enough to survive, fled. That was thirty years ago.

Society in the world is distinctly more militant, a constant witch hunt for "untagged" women, that is, women who are not owned by breederies or wealthy elites, and a swell of increased violence among the populace caused by general frustration. The birthrate among the male civilizations has been direly stifled. But this is not the story of the outside world.

Colonies of women persist, hidden away in the centers of deserts, or deep within forests. One in particular lives at the rim of a lake, from which no rivers flow, in a valley in the northern Vermont mountains. Though originally few, the small villages are rich with young women, born after the "War of Men" and the founding of the refugee village. After all, with the men enslaving the women, it only seemed right that they take a few captives themselves.

Two surviving men (of intact genitalia) serve as a seed supply for the village, though they are beginning to age. They suffer significant emotional and mental damage by now and are significantly passive to the women. Select young boys are being raised (like cattle) to replace them.

Other men born to the villages are arguably less lucky. Most young boys are discarded at birth, though some mothers, unable to cope with the loss of a child, chose to make their boys eunuchs instead. They have a subservient role in society.

Surviving women have mostly found love among themselves, but understandably, some remain unsatisfied. Loving eunuchs is not expressly forbidden, but frowned upon. Loving the male slaves, though...

The threat of discovery always hangs near to the women, but resources in the diminished world continue to dwindle, and with it the hunt for the women's colonies. A more likely form of discovery comes from a very grass-roots effort to restore the pre-war civilization, and that starts with individual men from the outside world hunting individually for the "free women". That is a group containing a million mixed motives-- the original feminist men, with the best intentions, lonely men who miss companionship, and hungry men who don't intend to keep all the free women free...

SO YEAH there's that giant bag of roles to play, and I think an interesting story could come from mixing some of the conflicting groups. Anything goes within the scope of this world, whether you want to be a gay eunuch or a dangerous colonist with a taste for male blood. Wide open~ jump on in with a character or a statement of interest or some neat ideas or whatevs~ Also the rating is totally up for change.

I'm going to keep my eye on this one. Very interesting.

Ooo. This is interesting. Might help me get back into RPing again too. I watch and see how big this gets before I decide. I be picky.

I had a party of three or four in mind, since I feel much the same about big groups as you my ackyboo~

I was thinking I'd take the role of a young lass who'd met an outsider, a man, and decided to take him in as a sort of captive/lover. She likes him, she wants him, she keeps him safe and hidden and he repays her with (seeming) kindness. She may or may not have already slept with the outsider. Depends on if someone else wants to play that sort of role, or I keep him on the side. An abundance of available roles for positions involved in my fair dame's life also exist.

Glad you guys all liked this idea <3

I'm not sure what kind of character I want yet, but I've got a couple of interesting ideas floating around my head at the moment.

Presumably this will be based around the villages in this lake-side colony? Unless I'm reading it wrong.

Yes, that's exactly right. Though it's more like a single village, that is the colony.

Makes sense. Looks like I'm leaning towards a "kill-all-the-men" type at the moment, with a hint of being a freaking nutter.

1 person likes this

This sounds uber interesting and... Slightly scary. I really wonder where people come up with their ideas sometimes ._.

Anyways, I'd really be interested if you have room! I may or may not be toying with a male political leader who becomes a redeemed villian of sorts *shifty eyes*.

If you're still looking for people, I'd love to join this one! (Have it be my first RP on this site!) 

I'd love to either play a young girl or a hardened older to middle aged woman. Like a political figure of sorts within the hidden villages. 

Go ahead! No one's actually committed to this RP yet, so if you want to write up a character blurb, I'd consider that official entry. Once I have a full party ready, I'll write the first post :3

So since the details are still a little vague, I did the best I could and this is totally up for edit. Just let me know if this falls into your little world. I had way too much fun creating this guy :D .

==========

Name: Henry Wilks

Occupation: Secretary of State (or equivalent position, essentially he’s the diplomacy and foreign affairs guy for the messed up make-shift man country)

Sex: male

Personality: Attractive, young, arrogant and intelligent Henry is the face of the Men’s Resistance Movement. Henry is extremely charismatic and is much more focused on power rather than actual conviction. Henry enjoys moving through the shadows, saying what people want to hear to earn their allegiance through charm. Because of his success and overall intelligence, Henry is convinced no one can out do or out smart him. Ambitious to the bone, Henry will stop at nothing to get what he wants… Or so it seems.

Of course this guy has a nice little soft side, buried somewhere deep, where attachments are still possible and good and evil still have meaning.

Appearance:

otg39j.jpg

Biography:

Henry was born in the city of Bristol, England. His parents split when he was young and he was primarily raised by his father, a successful entrepreneur who enjoyed the “quiet†of Bristol between his trips to London. For most of Henry’s life, his father was absent as he was usually on business in London. As a child, Henry would complain that he would rather be with his mother and, finally, one day his father let him know the real reason for his mother’s absence; she had left to join the feminist movement in America. They never spoke of her again.

Henry seemed to have a natural charm that drew people to him.  As person after person disappointed him, however, he became less worried about making friends and more worried about how to use them. From an early age Henry showed above par intelligence, however his father was never impressed with even his best efforts. As he reached secondary school, Henry used his charm and smarts to see how much he could get away with without his father noticing and without his grades dropping. Henry challenged himself, dipping into the school drug networks while also being on student council and jumping into university at the age of 16. As he gained in popularity he realized another gift he had was manipulating, making people do exactly what he wanted them to.

Henry was a very solitary child, but only one person seemed to break through his solitude; a young neighborhood girl named Lucy. Lucy and Henry were near inseparable during primary and secondary school. Lucy could see past the charm and see the darkness in him… and embraced it. She was his right hand person during “business†deals and his closest confidant.  Henry told her everything, about his father and mother and his dreams as she did him. Even as the world closed off to her as men began to dominate, Lucy never gave up on fighting for her own freedom. Henry didn't really understand, or chose not to, but he defended her when she needed defending. Toward the end of secondary school, as Henry was completing his bachelor’s degree simultaneously, Lucy was murdered and, just like that, she was gone. Her own father was the killer, though Henry never knew why. Somehow he forced himself to finish his degree and then, without a word to anyone and with the drug money he had made, he fled to the United States for the sole purpose of building an empire. After the political and social catastrophe from some years earlier, few spoke of or visited the United States. Henry, however, saw a distinct opportunity to make himself powerful and fill what Lucy had left behind.

Feigning a conviction about female “monsters†and using his own mother’s abandonment as leverage, Henry quickly climbed through the political ladders despite his lack of a proper education (i.e. a masters degree). Through fraud, money laundering, and other side dealings, he gained wealth to run his campaigns and continued to say and do exactly what the public wanted him to. His confidence, ambition and warm charm led him to the most powerful seat in the government: not the president’s office, but the office of the Secretary of State.

Seems like I'll have my character up tonight... Probably

Nice character, rippernik, although I'm not sure I'd call Bristol a 'Coastal City'...

So here is my character sheet so far. I have not decided on her position/rank yet. I was thinking she might be some kind of warlord or Head of Military Operations within the female colony. But that may depend on who else we get and what fits best. :)

---

Name: Christina "Christie" DeLeon

Sex: Female

Personality: Christie is a strong willed, hard-headed woman. When she makes a decision, she has every intention to stick by it. Her unwillingness to yield has gotten her into trouble a lot throughout her life, but it has also helped her earn all that she has earned today. Beneath her rough exterior is a genuinely curious, caring, and loyal woman who would do anything for those she loves. Her mother and father instilled in her a great sense of general equality, which she still keeps to heart today deep inside. She keeps these feelings relatively hidden because of her position. She has been hardened by this war on women and the things she has seen. She has little sensitivity or sympathy for individual men, despite believing as a whole they should all be equal. They are the ones fighting her, right?

Appearance:

2daktfp.jpg

Biography: Christie was born in New York City to her two loving parents. Her mother and father were active voices in the feminist movement, lending their voice to rallies and debates. They raised Christie under their system of belief, that all people, regardless of gender, color, or creed, should be treated equal. She lived an extraordinarily ordinary life while she was young, happy and content being the spoiled only child to her parents. They lived in a high rise apartment in New York City with a strong sense of community within the apartment. She knew all her neighbors well, and they all loved her like a second daughter.

When she was about five years old, things started to change. Her parents began to whisper around the house and have impromptu meetings with others within their building. Christie was just old enough to sense something was wrong. She caught bits and pieces of the story on the news before her parents would notice her and quickly change the channel. There was a program developing to eliminate the “female menace.†Soon after, her parents took her out of school for her safety, so they said. One night, she awoke to the sounds of a struggle in her apartment. She peeked out her door, only to observe the brutal murder of her parents. The murderers spat terrible things about her parents as they dragged their bodies away, “female terrorist,†“terrorist supporter.†They did not know or think about finding Christie, to her luck. So when the men left she fled to her next door neighbor, an elderly widower, and told her all that she had seen. The two quickly joined a group of refugee women and escaped to a colony deep up in northern Vermont. The journey was perilous; the old woman Christie had taken refuge with did not survive. But Christie and many others within her group made it.

Over the past thirty years Christie has lived within this colony, helping to develop and grow the small civilization. Within the colony she was educated by refuge teachers, and learned to stand on her own two feet. When she was old enough she quickly rose among the ranks within the political sphere and now stands at the very prominent position of Commander of the Militia. Christie has refused to mate with any man and bear children. Despite her hardened resolve towards the opposite sex, a part of her still holds onto the belief her parents instilled in her so young. Everyone should be equal; we should not be forcing ourselves on one another for any reason. So despite the pressures that she should bear a child to carry on her strong genes, she refuses. Many within the upper ranks are wary of her blatant refusal and worry she may not be on their side.

1 person likes this

Snappy guy, rippernik! A touch of edit to his past: Lucy never would have been allowed to be in a position of power, even one as mundane as student treasurer. Women in man-world were raised to be very reserved, trophy wives; he isn't old enough to have gone to school in the pre-war era. The getting murdered is very realistic here, though! Did you have a thought as to how your character would get involved in the Women's colony? Does he have a good reason to go there? Because my character would love to meet him...

Excellent lady there, Heels. I'm not sure "military" is the right word for what the females have... but a militia, sure, go for it :3

Here's who I'll be:

Name: Gina

Role: Medic's daughter/apprentice

Sex: Female

Appearance: Flaxen blond hair with a light wave, and a trim, healthy body. She's on the short side, about 5' (but, she insists, still growing!) and has particularly slender fingers that her mother adores for helping surgeries. Her breasts are modest, easily hidden under slightly baggy clothes (which is a lot of what she's left with to wear) and she's notably popular among girls her age for that boyish touch to her appearance. Older women have been less kind about her lacking curves.

tumblr_n7yj1lWCum1sd2w23o1_500_zpsc28361

Bio: Gina was born after the women's colony had grown to stability, and her earliest memories are of a peaceful, natural place. Gina has always loved the picturesque lake, the adventurous walks through the woods, the quiet nobility of eating what she grows in her garden. These are facts of life for her, and she does not mourn the loss of supermarkets or general electricity. She doesn't realize her medical education is far more specialized knowledge than girls her age used to receive, and she doesn't think her role as nurse at just 16 to her mother's doctor is as unusual, or crucial, as her mother knows it is. And she's never asked about a father, never inquired about the other half of her genome even though her mother taught her when her bleeding started how a human life was made. After all, it was just a pig-man from the breeding den. Why would he ever have a role as parent in her life?

Gina's had a casual girlfriend for about a year. Casual, because as much as cuddling and kissing with anyone can make a teen happy, Gina can't help but feel the girls in her life aren't exactly what she wants. Boobs just don't do it for her, and there's a certain sort of itch that a skilled pair of fingers only starts to scratch... If only something like the pig-men existed who were more like the women, like her?

(I'd just like to say that because of the inclusion of my pedo-crush as a character I will have to follow this RP now)

2 people like this

Ta da, my character. I hope all sound with it...

Name: Marcella

Appearance: Standing a couple of inches short of 6 feet, Marcella is lithe and athletically muscular with a hint of skinniness. She has dirty blonde hair that runs to her shoulder, the right hand side of which is lined with multi-coloured beads; her eyes are sea green.

Personality: Stubborn and hard headed; when Marcella gets something into her head, she does not waver in it. Whether that be on a personal opinion on a matter or the fate of a male breeder attempting escape. Marcella isn’t a smiler, her face has two states; impassive, angry. She tends to ignore advice, even if she herself has admitted to its merits, and tends to do entirely her own thing most of the time. This attitude leaves her as a loner within the community. Most importantly, her thoughts on men are murderous in all aspects. She holds no regards to them as breeders, slaves, eunuchs, or anything. If they are male, they should be dead according to her.

Role: Sentry Captain – Self-proclaimed, Marcella took it upon herself take control of the sentries that watched the settlement for intrusions. With a few exceptions, most of the settlement let her get on with it.

Bio: Marcella’s memories revolve around wandering the wilds of America as the world of men went crazy around her. She doesn’t remember her parents, she doesn’t remember where she grew up, and she doesn’t care to remember. All she knows is she has lived without a permanent home for a fair number of years. Although tough, she was never without food, stealing it where she needed, and she learned to maintain a constant vigilance on her surroundings lest she be caught by the unsavoury males of the country. When she was 14 years old, she met another girl called Sarah and they immediately bonded. It was Sarah, older than Marcella by a year, who instilled in her that the males of the world deserved to die. 4 years later, Marcella’s views on this would be set in stone.

When she was 18, Sarah 19, they were captured by a band of males and over the course of 4 days, Sarah was murdered while Marcella was forced to watch. They laughed in her face at her misery and when they came for her, she snapped. What felt like seconds to her later, the men was dead and she was covered in blood. Soon after this event, Marcella came across the settlement and decided she had had enough of wandering. She built a small hut on the outskirts and simply started living alongside the women already there. The settlers accepted her, but Marcella chose to remain on the outskirts as this was the only way she could live there without killing the males that also lived there.

All these characters seem so interesting!!! I'm really excited about this.

Loki: aighty I will fix that error for sure. I didn't know if it was just the US that was having this big war or of it was a global thing. I will adjust my bio accordingly.

I do have a vague sort of plan, which will hitch on him discovering why Lucy was killed (which has some huge roots in the movement) and why her father was never convicted. Henry has sort of built this name up for himself and isn't really pro violence, he just wants political power and has turned a blind eye to the suffering of people. However, Lucy's memory will all begin to change that. As far as details go, I'm not entirely sure but as te story progresses, I'm sure it will come. Also, working in the foreign affairs department starts to create questions that he slowly begins to explore.

That's fine Nik, I'm only concerned that you'll be writing a lot of separate stuff if your character is too far removed from the local setting. If you don't mind that legwork, that's fine, I just think you'd have an easier time if your character's quest could be satisfied by, say, finding/sneaking about/interacting with the female colony. If that was what you'd planned the whole time, pardon my misunderstanding. It just sounded like your guy was further removed because of his man-government post.

Hrmmm that's an excellent point. Well at the beginning of our story, he could discover the information about Lucy which kind of makes him want to investigate more of what's at the root of this conflict and why his closest friend was a victim to it. I don't mind being on my own for a little bit, I could use the time to kind of bring detail and structure to the male conterpart. I've got more ideas in my head on how to make it all come together, he won't be separated from you guys for too long don't worry ^^.

I think I'll be reading this one, but won't be joining. I look forward to seeing what this becomes!

I figured, when we hit the 4 man mark. ((But hey RP with me something else soon hey ok my Daisuke-chan~~?))

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead