Sicariote

Salvete~!

13 posts in this topic

Before I even begin, I want to say the layout of this forum is . . . utter joy to me! So miminalistic, clean, sharp. Kudos on whoever did that~

As it were...

I know most people are like "My name's..."; but you can just refer to me by my user name (Sicari, even).

I'm in my early twenties, and have spent a lot of time on different sites: forums, chats, creative writing blogs, and tabletop gaming. There's only been one place I've really stuck around through all those years, ironically, one of the first places I stumbled into. That's a short history, and sets up -why- exactly I'm looking for (perpetually) a new environment to branch out into. I mean, I love where I came from, as a writer, and have many good friends there -- but I'm searching for something... else. Perhaps I don't even know yet myself. However, I do know that out of a many handful of forums I've poked around and perused, this one has caught my eye.

Eitherway -- I guess I can lay down some boring stuff. I basically live right dab in the middle of the States, work two jobs, and am attending university. A lot of my life revolves around science: biology and chemistry. If it is any surprise, my social life is (others would say lacking) unimportant and indubitably optional to me. I also have a young daughter who basically keeps me on my toes, anyways.

Hope to see many of you around.

Bonjour. Hope you like it here. HA. I BEAT YOU ALL TO THIS NEW LOVELY.

That means if she breaks anything, she's your responsibility Rose. Have fun with that :p

Anyway, welcome to Surreality. I'm Ice and I'd like to say I'm glad you stumbled in. You'll be greeted by quite a variety of people and though we're quite playful, writing is something we all take seriously. Sometimes I just like to read some roleplays I'm not even in because I just love the stories some people here can weave. You should try it sometime, to help see the different writing styles and who you might mix well with.

I do hope you enjoy it here and, if you need any help, just contact the blue-tagged....... DAMNIT SEAN YOUR COLOR CHANGED; WE CAN'T SAY THAT ANYMORE.

Uh. The turquoise-y blue names. There are 3: the Kindly Scholars(TriOctium, HerculeHastings, and Raine Bell).

I hope things go well for you. Enjoy~

Just call us the Kindly Scholars. :D

Welcome to the site, Sicariote! Feel free to PM me if you have any queries about the site.

Hello~

I'm Wstfgl, and I'm not actually anyone important. But we can be friends anyway.

Have fun!

Hi Sicariote! Indeed, you must be careful to identify the right blue names. We're the darker ones. The light blue Seanzilla is a terror to behold.

Other than that, welcome and thank you for the praises! If you like tabletop gaming (are you referring to RPGs?) we run DnD games here, whether on the forum or on roll20/Skype. You can see them in Role Playing Games.

Anyway I'm HH, and I'm most certainly Kindlier than Octy, though I don't deny he may be more Scholarly. Heh heh. But basically our job is to act as guides to newcomers, so please just PM any of us if you need anything.

Welcome to Surreality, Sicari! 

If I may ask, what does your username 'Sicariote' mean? It piqued my curiosity, but Google didn't turn up anything.

Hi there. Yes feel free to pester the people with darker blue names. I do wish to know more bout you since you said in the smack dab middle of the states. Kinda like a stones throw from me, not really. Texas gal here

1 person likes this

Salve!

I believe 'salvete' was my own intro thread title if I recall. Its been years since my Latin courses. I so miss the language.

Welcome to S*T.

1 person likes this

Welcome aboard, I'm glad we caught you're eye!

I'm sure you'll make friends fast here as we're all friendly people. Please give our social sites a look and if you'd like to be added to our Skype group, send me a PM!

Hi Sicariote! Indeed, you must be careful to identify the right blue names. We're the darker ones. The light blue Seanzilla is a terror to behold.

Other than that, welcome and thank you for the praises! If you like tabletop gaming (are you referring to RPGs?) we run DnD games here, whether on the forum or on roll20/Skype. You can see them in Role Playing Games.

Anyway I'm HH, and I'm most certainly Kindlier than Octy, though I don't deny he may be more Scholarly. Heh heh. But basically our job is to act as guides to newcomers, so please just PM any of us if you need anything.

Yes, RPGs. : ) Mainly DnD (3.5, Pathfinder), but I realllly do love the setting of World of Darkness (Changeling and Mage being my favorites). I've worked around a bit with GURPs, and I enjoy older TB games like Ars Magica (especially love this one because it has a lot of historical notions of the Levant regions). Shadowrun and Warhammer also have a special place in my heart. : P I'll make sure to take a good look at the RPGs here.

Welcome to Surreality, Sicari! 

If I may ask, what does your username 'Sicariote' mean? It piqued my curiosity, but Google didn't turn up anything.

Oh wow, I did my own google search for "Sicariote"... and found a picture of myself in the images. Creepy google spies. : O Haha. Well, Sicariote is a play-off of Iscariote, which comes from Iscariot (Judas Iscariot). There's a lot of speculation/debate behind the origin of his last name, some say it is a place of origin (Kerioth), and others say it came from old-school assassins (or as they say "revolutionary party") of Judea. Sicarii is latin "to slice".  It was also hypothesized Judas Iscariot belonged to this particular group. Eitherway, I just kind of mushed the two together and came up with 'Sicariote' -- also sounds more feminine to me. : )

Salve!

I believe 'salvete' was my own intro thread title if I recall. Its been years since my Latin courses. I so miss the language.

Welcome to S*T.

Due to a very sympathetic ELP teacher, I was able to take Latin as an alternative language during highschool. Given I knew I would be pursuing a medical career, it has served me well.

Thanks for the warm welcomes, everyone! Been peeking through roleplays, and am anticipating collaboration with you fine folks.

GASP I LOVE WORLD OF DARKNESS TOO. But it's been rather hard to do a proper WoD roleplay on the forum for some reason. We're kinda stuck on one currently (the Pleasant Glen one) and we completed a Geist one. I really love Changeling too though, as do a number of people here.