Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seanzilla

Surreality's Role Play Carnival

13 posts in this topic

Surreality Role Play Carnival

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to the July’s Role Play Carnival! Summer is the time to kick back, go to the beach and enjoy cocktails with your friends. However, we, as a community, hate shit like that. We refuse to go to an actual carnival and dance the samba with pretty girls. We prefer to sit behind our PCs are write about fictional adventures that take place entirely within our minds. The RP Carnival is the perfect opportunity to take the best of both worlds! Events Master Sean, how are we going to do that? Well, Timey, here’s how!

Awards ceremony

Nominations: 1st July to 15th July

Spotlight: 8th July to 15th July

Voting: 16th July to 23rd July

Awards ceremony: 26th July

Award List:

• Best Roleplayer (can be in terms of quality, niceness, willingness to take on any genre, posts punctually, easy to follow)

• Best Roleplay (not as stringent as Legendary Roleplays obviously, and values over-the-top coolness)

• Best Roleplay Post (for an individual post that's packed with greatness)

• Best Character (for any reason)

The RP Awards has four separate phases. For the two weeks we are accepting nominations within all the categories. When nominating something, I ask that you give a brief explanation why you feel that it is deserving of the award they are competing for. This is to help me when it is time for the spotlight!

The spotlight week is the last week of nominations. Every day I will put various nominees in the spotlight and briefly highlight the qualities that make them deserving of the award! So if you really want your nominee to shine, give me something good to put in the spotlight!

After that voting commences. I will set up a poll and ask people to vote for the nominees they feel are deserving of the titles, but I will also ask everyone to give a brief explanation for their votes! It isn’t an inquisition, but it is simply to prevent this turning into a popularity contest and to add some discussion into the mix!

Character Panels

Character interviews will be slightly different! Instead of setting up interviews similar to press conferences, we are doing them panel style! Everyone can rent a room in the luxurious Surreality Grand Hotel and set up a stage with themselves and all of their characters present. Anyone who would like to ask your characters a question can attend the panel and let loose! (Think of these as Comic-Con style panels!)

The Panels will run for the entire duration of the Carnival

Team Roleplays

Team Roleplays will be similar to an ordinary roleplay. Roleplayers will group into teams of 3 and will begin a Role Play. However on each day of the roleplay there will be a restriction in place. For example on day 1 it might be that "The characters must have a meal, each character must provide at least one paragraph describing the flavours they are experiencing while eating". Obviously people may get busy and it might not be possible to post every day. However if roleplayers miss a certain amount of days there may be penalties in place. This exercise is a great way to exercise your creative writing muscles by working within certain parameters that may or may not be outside of your comfort zone. On top of the daily restrictions, there will be an ultimate goal set for the roleplay, such as "1 character must experience self-actualization". These restrictions will be made by the helpful staff listed below.  

1st July to 9th July: Event begins. People form teams and make preparations for their roleplay.

10th July to 25th July: 1 restriction per day; players have to finish by the last day of prompts. Finish is achieved by completing the restrictions as well as completing the overall RP goal.

In-Character Games

During the RP Month there was a weekend wherein we all took our characters into the OOC section of the forum! This was extremely fun, but mostly just random spamming. For the RP Carnival We are hosting games for these characters! Imagine playing Mafia, Taboo, Truth or Dare or 2 Truths 1 Lie as your character. These games come with two rules that I will uphold at all cost: no breaking character and no drama mongering. Shawn Zimmerman will be keeping close watch on the games.

The IC Games will run for the entire duration of the Carnival

Character Diaries

These diaries, written IC by your character, will be the center of another event during the Carnival! Every few days I will paint a scenario and every participating character will have to find a way to deal with the scenario! I will do my best to make them as annoying to deal with as possible.

The Character Diaries will run for the entire duration of the Carnival

Weekly Challenges

Every week there will be a new event that’ll run over the entire week! I will ask questions with regards to the theme and you’ll have to think of an answer fitting for your character.The first week will be Music Week. Everyday I will post a scenario and you will think of the background music that would play as your character deals with the situation!

The other weeks will be Video Game Week, Sports Week and Holiday Week.

The Weekly Challenges will run for the entire duration of the Carnival

Bachelor/Bachelorette Auction

The first ever Surreality Bachelor/Bachelorette Auction. Everyone can submit their characters for auction by PMing me, as I will serve as the Auctioneer. These characters will be introduced and then auctioned as bachelors/bachelorettes and ‘given to the people who won them’ for a day to do whatever the winner wants them to! Buyers will all participate in the auction with a limited amount of total funds ($100!), so think carefully when you bid or you might not have anything left to win the one you truly want. I will also ask all bidders to state what intents they have with the bachelors/bachelorettes, which can be as humiliating or perverse as you'd like.

If the owners of the characters are open to it, they could even write out the events that transpired during their day in captivity!

The Auction will run for the entire duration of the Carnival

Talent Show

Does your character have any interesting talents? Show them off at the Surreality Talent Show where he will get judged by a panel of expert judges! Winner will receive bragging rights and maybe a kiss from one of the million anime girl characters I have thought of (if they’d like~).

The Talent Show will run for the entire duration of the Carnival

Masquerade Ball

During the weekends, the Masquerade Ball will take place! During the Masquerade Ball everyone will pose as someone else’s character in a thread made specifically for the Ball. You will get informed if one of your characters gets played, but we will keep the identity of the character and the person playing it a secret and at the end everyone gets to guess which character of theirs were played and by who!

Pat on the back if you can accurately guess your character and pat on the back if you can accurately portray someone else's character to the point that the original owner identifies him (without explicitly saying I am the Vice-President of the Student Council that hunts demons at night.)

The Masquerade will take place every weekend during the Carnival

The hype is strong with this one.

Yeah. Hyped to the max.

The first ever Surreality Bachelor/Bachelorette Auction. Evey can submit their characters for auction by PMing me, as I will serve as the Auctioneer. These characters will be introduced and then auctioned as bachelors/bachelorettes and ‘given to the people who won them’ for a day to do whatever the winner wants them to! Buyers will all participate in the auction with a limited amount of total funds ($100!), so think carefully when you bid or you might not have anything left to win the one you truly want. I will also ask all bidders to state what intents they have with the bachelors/bachelorettes, which can be as humiliating or perverse as you'd like.

If the owners of the characters are open to it, they could even write out the events that transpired during their day in captivity!

I'll be in the audience... waiting to purchase my new pet...

1 person likes this

Hmm this is quite interesting now that I finally have an awesome character to RP with...

The first ever Surreality Bachelor/Bachelorette Auction. Evey can submit their characters for auction by PMing me, as I will serve as the Auctioneer. These characters will be introduced and then auctioned as bachelors/bachelorettes and ‘given to the people who won them’ for a day to do whatever the winner wants them to! Buyers will all participate in the auction with a limited amount of total funds ($100!), so think carefully when you bid or you might not have anything left to win the one you truly want. I will also ask all bidders to state what intents they have with the bachelors/bachelorettes, which can be as humiliating or perverse as you'd like.

The Auction will run for the entire duration of the Carnival

The first ever Surreality Bachelor/Bachelorette Auction. Evey can submit their characters for auction by PMing me, as I will serve as the Auctioneer. These characters will be introduced and then auctioned

Evey can submit their characters for auction by PMing me

evey-hammond-mobile-wallpaper.jpg

Not even gonna correct it now.

2 people like this

Well, in case you guys haven't noticed yet...

The RP Carnival has begun!

That is the Carnival's Official Theme Song from now on.

Yes, I know it is an entire album.

The entire album is our Theme Song.