Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seanzilla

[Discussion] Sorcerers II: The Sorcery-ing

131 posts in this topic

I don't know, perhaps you could also get a third Champion and an outfit that a sane human being can wear in places that aren't Comic-Con. XD

I keep wondering what kind of miraculous tailor helped Etiennette make her outfit.

-cough-

Remember, she deals in *illusions*. When she's around, always question your senses.

The character sheet asked for her appearance, as in, how she appears to others, not the truth. :D

Dude, you are way too powerful. Any one of the infinities would be powerful enough on it's own (especially Rebellion).

Pick one Strength and one Weakness and stick to those. Everyone has a few powers that fall under their non-Weakness abilities. Not only do you have an arsenal bigger than anyone, yours is more diverse than anyone's and even has one that uses a school your character is supposed to be weak in. 

He's a professional. It'd take more than that to stop him!

Like TWO naked redheads.

She can do that. :x

/y'all can now blame wst for eventual naked twin redhead cameo

That's why I jointly won Best RPer, by a whole three votes!

I have the best ideas!

Kay. I'ma scratch that character, but keep the champions. (just a note, the summons use the power, not him. And none of them fall into his weakness.) Anyway, I'll be searching for a new character now, so sorry.

Alias is a Prestidigitation based power, and so is Sin. Angel is also based on Transmutation, which he's stated to be so-so in.

That is psychic. I guess maybe we might have different ideas about what powers are psychic, but I always thought of psychic as using the mind to do stuffs, which A.) he doesn't use his mind for that. B.) he just channels the power to manipulate what people perceive as him. (generally used to confuse people. like illusions) Sin is just the embodiment of certain negative energies. And Angel, well I'm not sure what all transmutation consists of really, so I can't exactly refute that, but I saw it as more evocation. HOWEVER, I can see where transmutation might be "used". 

EDIT: again, he doesn't use the power. It's the summon using it.

The main schools of magic are Evocation, Transmutation, Conjuration and Prestidigitation.

• Evocation is the ability to summon and control energy. 
  • Transmutation is the ability to alter the properties of an existing object.
  • Conjuration is the ability to summon object out of nowhere.
  • Prestidigitation is the catch-all term for psychic powers

P.S.; Illusion is also a type of Prestidigitation.

EDIT: again, he doesn't use the power. It's the summon using it.

But if you say so, I can't refute it.

I think the word you were looking for is thank

You are aware that your Contender can order her around, right? If that's your preference. :x

All spells that specifically target the soul or the mind have to involve Prestidigitation by that nature. And Transmutation's basically manipulating the state of matter, in contrast to Evocation which is mostly about moving energy around, so healing is considered more a Transmutation ability since there isn't really a thing as healing energy -- Chi is more like mana, really.

I believe summons are all counted under the summoner's skills too. If a summoner is weak to a particular school, it seems understandable that he himself wouldn't have absolute power over summons of such a school. The idea is that if you have catch-all summons covering a broad range of schools, there isn't a need to stipulate strengths and weaknesses then.

If all the character can do is to summon, then what good is having said specialty? He can't have any kind of power if he couldn't double specialize, and my character himself is very weak. He has very little skill that comes from his own body, it's all his summon. He doesn't have high skill in evocation or transmutation, and has no skill in psychic. He's not super strong and doesn't have awesome weapons or natural skills. (Is super technology allowed, or no?)

He can conjure weapons? Or animals? Or whatever?

I don't think Conjuration means infinite superpowers by calling upon world-breaking angels/demons/whatever. It means you can materialize objects out of thin air.

The year's 2014, so super technology is only on the table if you cheat using magical enhancement like Elaine does.

Conjuration is a devastating power because you can fight and win by proxy -- even just placing non-combat familiars across town gives you a massive advantage in situational awareness that could win you the War. Also, you still have two schools of magic to play with, since Contender-level Sorcerers are still moderately skilled with the two schools that aren't their weakness.

Also, you could commit shenanigans like summon a whole bunch of chump-level skeletons and give them assault rifles. There, private army!

Also, teleportation powers are an offshoot of Conjuration, and teleportation is, like, the best power.

You have valid uses. I respiect that you could come up with certain things that my one track mind could not, but that doesn't comply with the character I'e been wanting to make. 

So if I have a technopathic ability it still doesn't give me the right to use far advanced technology?

If your power is strictly to control machines, you'd only have access to what is presently available in the modern day.

You'll need magic to actually go beyond that -- my character is basically a magical material scientist, so half my powers revolve around technology that we could construct in theory if we actually had the technical expertise.

Is it possibly a good idea for Shadow and Wstie to discuss this over PM? Perhaps there's some way you guys can come to a solution if you discuss it in earnest?

It's like I'm the leading authority on how sorcery works now.

(I totally am.)

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0