Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seanzilla

[Discussion] Sorcerers II: The Sorcery-ing

131 posts in this topic

Well now I'm just pooling over what to do about a new character. I already said I'd scratch what I had before, but I'm having troubles coming up with anything else right now. 

Shadow you should come on Skype, so we can discuss this more effectively. It's definitely a lot faster than posting or through PM, and you wouldn't miss out on anything we discussed.

Two problems. 1.) I hate Skyping. 2.) I'm stupid and don't know how to use it x.x

It's basically identical to the dear departed MSN Messenger, despite all our harping that MSN was the superior client. What's so hard about it that puts you off?

I never used MSN. And the biggest issue I have is that I can't find previous chats, conversations, group chats, or anything else really. 

You can't find them? 

... Just what version of Skype are you using

What ever app you use for the windows 8 version.

Windows 8 app sucks, download skype for desktop.

I'm using the Windows 8 Skype and i prefer the aesthetics. Desktop version looks a little, well, like MSN.

And the chats should all be at the homepage. Just click on Recent or All Contacts to find everyone.

Alternatively, do you have WhatsApp?

I can't download skype via desktop. Tried before. And I do not have aforementioned app. I don't use apps, so ya.

EDIT: nothing is in recent I guess because I don't use skype, and I don't have anyone in my people really >.>

> No Skype

> No Whatsapp

Uh, guess it's PM or carrier pigeon then

You seriously can't use desktop Skype? What's the problem with your computer?

I dunno what's wrong. It's always given me an installation error when I tried downloading the desktop version. And I have no ideas for a character at all. If you guys are ready to start, you can just drop me if it comes to it.

Also, I'm not a social person, so I have little need for those types of things. I just use FB for talking to people when it's needed.

Kyo is also having a case of character idea deficiency, so we can wait. If you need an idea, I'm available too. Could help you hash out something.

You may think I've been dead, but I've been brain storming non-stop since the whole Shorne fiasco. I'm currently trying to figure out histories, personalities, and images to fit my setup. I have nothing in the way of champions right now.

I'm just bored and want to practice my OP character skills. Also pretty excited about my character in general. :p

Name: Azuma Rentarou

Appearance: Something like this guy.

Specialty: Prestidigitation- Tsukuyomi's Blessing: Rentarou was born with the blessing of Tsukuyomi, allowing him to wield the powers of the god. Illusions, things dealing with the mind, perception, and darkness. The night and the moon as well.

Weakness: Conjuration- Rentarou lost his ability to use this magic as part of the price to bring Ruri back from the brink of destruction.

Abilities: Hyper-Mind: All of his five senses and his mind go into overdrive, allowing him to think and perceive faster and with more efficiency.

Nightmare: Using his control over illusions and the mind, Rentarou manipulates the shadows and darkness people see to act as living things. Though they are illusions and cannot physically defend or attack, the ability effects the mind to thinking they can defend and attack. This is effective against magic attacks by cutting off the connection the mind has to the magic, but cannot stop something imbued already.

Endless Night: Rentarou uses Tsukuyomi's full power of the moon and creates an endless night where the sky is red the moon is black. In this, his power strengthen tremendously and his range of control extends to everything/everyone in sight of the moon.

Immortality: The immortality granted keeps the being from dying biologically. The person will regenerate rapidly at the expense of incredible pain so long as the flesh remains. Attacks to the soul or destruction of all matter of the body will result in a death.

Soul-Bound: The soul of one individual is bound with that of another through forbidden magics. The ones under Soul-Bound must remain close together otherwise the connection will slowly wither and break, resulting in death of both individuals. The Soul-Bound share fates with each other.

Personality: Rentarou is a very keen individual. He uses his brain in place of brawn everywhere he possibly can. In the past he was very skilled at strategy games, as well as war strategies. In modern day he is skilled with computers and greatly enjoys games. He in very introverted, but is easily capable of interacting with other people after over a century of time to learn how people function. He doesn't open up to people often, but is closest to his sister Ruri.

History: Rentarou was born into the Azuma clan with blessings from the moon god Tsukuyomi. He was the eldest son of the Azuma main branch was was thus the next heir to the clan. He was raised in the art of war and battle, learning many skills for assassins and warriors. He didn't excel like others did, but he would be raised to learn the ways of the clan until either his twentieth birthday or the current head perished. His skill with Tsukuyomi's power, though very powerful, wasn't a tangible item, and was thus written off as a phenomenon. 

When Rentarou was twenty, his sister fell ill with total locked-in syndrome. After close to a week of being locked in her own body, Rentarou found out. Using Tsukuyomi's power, he read her mind was was brought to agony and tears at the torture she was in. With total determination, he used the Azuma clan and hunted for a way to help her, all the while staying by her side and consoling her as best he could to put her at ease. After three weeks, Ruri was nearing death, only able to drink water through force and unable to eat. Finally, Rentarou summoned a forbidden creature and entered a 100 year contract. It bound his soul with hers and forced biological immortality upon them until the end of the contract. Rentarou was forced to relinquish his position as the next head of the clan due to his contract and instead both him and Ruri created a new position. Separate from the clan, but still part of the clan.

Skip to modern day, the Azuma clan has gone from war mongers and assassins to corporate guru's and high ranking officials in the Japanese government. Ruri and Rentarou spend their days enjoying each others company while avoiding social contact outside of necessity. They play games, visit local stores, travel the country, enjoy the merits of all expenses paid for and do things their own way. With the contract nearing its end, then have entered the magic war to find a solution to their problem before death.

Name: Azuma Ruri

Appearance: Close enough =.=

Specialty: Evocation- Amaterasu's Blessing: Ruri was born with the blessing of Amaterasu, allowing her wield the incredible strength of the sun goddess. She can manipulate fire of all nature with acute skill, breath life into the flames for a period, as well as use the flames special to Amaterasu herself. She can also use the sun and day as well.

Weakness: Conjuration: Ruri lost her ability to use this magic as a price for accepting the contract to be healed of her illness.

Abilities: Black Heat: This is a special flame from Amaterasu used to purge the lands of darkness after she emerged from long dormant period. This black flame targets only the existence of magic and things associated with it, leaving the innocent unscathed.

Eternal Flame: This is the living fire that formed when Amaterasu ascended to the heavens. This fire can only be put out and controlled by Amaterasu's power and destroys indiscriminately to protect its master.

Amaterasu Omikami: This is the physical form Amaterasu took when she visited earth to be among her people. Ruri can unleash Amaterasu's strength and take on the human/wolf appearance with all the strength of the goddess within her.

Immortality: The immortality granted keeps the being from dying biologically. The person will regenerate rapidly at the expense of incredible pain so long as the flesh remains. Attacks to the soul or destruction of all matter of the body will result in a death.

Soul-Bound: The soul of one individual is bound with that of another through forbidden magics. The ones under Soul-Bound must remain close together otherwise the connection will slowly wither and break, resulting in death of both individuals. The Soul-Bound share fates with each other.

Personality: Ruri is a total Kuudere and the only love she shows is and undying passion for her brother, though not quite incest yet. She is very anti-social and prefers not to speak to anyone other than Rentarou. She is level headed and intelligent, but not on par with Rentarou. Ruri, though capable of holding casual conversation, prefers to let her brother do the talking as he is far more eloquent she believes, and she in turn only speaks to him. 

History: Ruri was born into the Azuma clan the the blessing of Amaretasu, her ability to use fire apparent from a very early age. Because of this, she was put in line to become the next Onmyoji and temple priestess. She was separated from the head family and began to learn the ways of the Onmyoji, training her magic to become even stronger and learning rituals of divination prayer. She was very obedient and quiet in her studies, but when dealing with her magic, she showed her true colors and the power that resided within her. 

At age fourteen, Ruri contracted total locked-in syndrome. Trapped in her body and unable to communicate with anyone, she suffered horrible mental trauma. Unable to even look at anyone, she could only listen to talk of how to deal with her while someone forced her to drink every so often. After a week, Ruri was in the pits of despair. With only her mind and sound to keep her company, she quickly lost track of time and all sense of humanism. It was hell. Then, Rentarou appeared before her, and for the first time, someone was able to understand her pain and suffering. He began immediately to help her, staying by her side and talking with her, bringing her back to reality. It wasn't until then that she was aware of his powers.

After three weeks, she had begun to whither away and drew too close to death. Rentarou approached her with the idea of summoning a forbidden creature and using it to heal her. She agreed and they went through with the plan. Thanks to the plan, Ruri was healed of the disease and brought back to full health and entered a 100 year contract. It bound her soul to that of her brothers and forced biological immortality on her until the end of the contract. Ruri was forced to relinquish her position as the Onmyoji and temple priestess due to the contract and instead bother her and Rentarou created a new position. Separate from the clan, but still a part of the clan.

Skip to modern day, the Azuma clan has gone from war mongers and assassins to corporate guru's and high ranking officials in the Japanese government. Ruri and Rentarou spend their days enjoying each others company while avoiding social contact outside of necessity. They play games, visit local stores, travel the country, enjoy the merits of all expenses paid for and do things their own way. With the contract nearing its end, then have entered the magic war to find a solution to their problem before death.

If there are no further objections, I shall probably commence the RP this evening or so.

Because this RP is now mine, bwahahaha.

THUSLY IT COMMENCES

COMMENCE THE PLOT-THICKENING

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0