Bleck

...and it made me frown

866 posts in this topic

But the thread thing sucks. That's the last time I buy a $1.00 cross stitch project on clearance. It came with so much floss in colors that aren't even large areas of the pattern, and not enough of the stuff I actually do need. This will be the third time i have to run out to get extra to finish this thing. xD

My mother always has me driving her to go get more thread for similar reasons. So, by extension, I know the pain of repeated trips to pick up more thread. How about those times when you can't find the exact colour you need and spend ages comparing threads to try to find the next closest thing?

My frown is gonna be that I hate uni referencing systems. So much time wasted trying to configure titles, authors, publishes, dates, pages, volumes, editions, translations, places, URLs, databases, commas, full-stops, italics, quotation marks, capitalization, abbreviation, blah blah. And why does there have to be so many different styles for arranging all of those, and they can't even decide on their names. Course guide says to use MLA. The library site with all the citation guides titles that one Harvard. Then inside the actual guide it refers to itself as MLA again. Who cares how the stuff is presented, as long as its present. It'd be a hell of a lot easier to just be able to fill out a form with all the relevant fields, it's surely just as hard sometimes discerning the details when reading a reference entry as it is to write it all out in proper order and formatting.

The ankle I hurt in a car crash at the start of the year has been sore lately.

I hope I don't need more physio

:/

There is a house down the street that has had Christmas lights up for two weeks now.

Those tacky sons of bitches.

1 person likes this

There should be a law against that, Mystic....

Seriously...

I am unaware of any such law(s), but in any case, it looks pretty bad.

Unfortunately there are no legal repercussions to having lights up too early...  or even keeping them up all year (one of my neighbors did that a few years ago.  i think they still have a half-broken reindeer light-up thing still sitting on their lawn...)

Some homeowner societies or neighborhood communities might have rules governing them, but theres no "law" in that sense of the word.

Personally, I think its bad enough having christmas stuff in stores this early, let alone having the halls already decked. Wait till damned Halloween, at least!

I don't mind Christmas  or anything, but the whole idea of shops going crazy and people being way too excited already starts to annoy me.

So I've been single for about two months, managed to stay away from alcohol in non-moderate amounts this time though. Tomorrow I take my dog to the vet and Ive been stressing about it for weeks because the ex rarely gave him his heartworm pills. I fell, twisted my ankle, and messed up a knee already in pretty bad shape. And now Tom Clancy is dead.

Sorry to hear all that, Brutal. I hope your dog checks out OK tomorrow! I'll send all my positive vibes your way!

Roland (my 9 lb Irish Rathound) has a completely clean bill of health! Swelling in the ankle and knee are down, but stairs still present a problem.

None of that help with Clancy's unfortunate passing. Brilliant author and excellent businessman, guy had his own island and one hell of an armory. I'll be lucky if I ever do half as well as Tom.

I just had a woman connect to me through the live help thing at work, only to tell me that she thought I was a scammer trying to steal her credit cards or whatever.

I don't know if I'm going to have the wherewithal to continue in this job for very long, unfortunately.

I just had a woman connect to me through the live help thing at work, only to tell me that she thought I was a scammer trying to steal her credit cards or whatever.

I don't know if I'm going to have the wherewithal to continue in this job for very long, unfortunately.

I hate people for reasons like this, 

I know its not quite the same thing. But I hate it when people make accusations about things - when they have no idea how something works. People do it to me on Battlefield. I get a bunch of kills on them with a crappy gun and they start calling me a hacker.

After that caller I had four more callers that were all terrible in some way or another. I'm going to go lay down and die, now.

Well, Bleck, I hope things turn up for you eh? Nothing worse than a shitty job. 

Soldier-Comforting-Dog-There-There-Hoomi

Soldier on, bud.  :3

1 person likes this

I wanna watch Korra but I can't and now it's sleepy times =(

Getting stuck behind a learner driver on the way home. I know everyone has to start somewhere, but going 35mph in a national {60mph} just takes the piss. The person teaching them should know better.

Plus, I dunno if they were distracted, or just shit, but they almost drove into the side of the road SO many times. And they drove over a kerb going around a corner.

-.-

A friend of mine's wedding is this weekend. Not only is it on the day that Pokemon X and Y come out, but it's also Thanksgiving weekend - it's unfortunate that it's not at all surprising that they'd go out of their way to plan something so big and inconvenient on what is otherwise the busiest weekend of the year (travelwise).

1 person likes this

I absolutely hate how I have ADD. Not sure I do, but it fucking feels like it. I'm productive now, but it took 5 hours of my work day to wake up. =_=

I absolutely hate how I have ADD. Not sure I do, but it fucking feels like it. I'm productive now, but it took 5 hours of my work day to wake up. =_=

I don't know much about ADD, but I would have thought it would stop you from remaining in bed, not the other way around, no? When I was a kid, I was taken to a doctor to check to see if I had OCD, but the tests werent free on the NHS at the time and would have cost a lot of money, so I couldn't take them. Went back a few years ago and tested positive for it. Slightly frustrating. It's not severe, but it can be over-bearing at times. But i'd appreciate an explanation of what ADD means exactly, because if its anything like it is for me, I could understand how frustrating and tiring it can be.   >_>

I don't know much about ADD, but I would have thought it would stop you from remaining in bed, not the other way around, no? When I was a kid, I was taken to a doctor to check to see if I had OCD, but the tests werent free on the NHS at the time and would have cost a lot of money, so I couldn't take them. Went back a few years ago and tested positive for it. Slightly frustrating. It's not severe, but it can be over-bearing at times. But i'd appreciate an explanation of what ADD means exactly, because if its anything like it is for me, I could understand how frustrating and tiring it can be.   >_>

common misconception that people with ADD or ADHD are hyperactive or struggle to sleep. Mostly it's just very difficult for them to focus. They struggle to pay attention, keep themselves motivated on a particular task, etc. And it's not even as simple as just a lack of attention. It's like a physical struggle to keep focused at times. It's also less noticeable in adults because we all develop coping mechanisms. I'm not an expert on it by any means but it's far more complex than how the media portray it, which is essentially just hyperactive 8 year olds who are usually hyper because they are 8, not because of the ADHD they suffer from. 

That sounds nasty, like the other extreme from mine. Balance. Balance would be nice.