Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DayDreamer

R [Open] Bank Heist Discussion

13 posts in this topic

So the idea behind this RP would be a team of characters robbing a bank, or at least attempting to do so. The factor of interest is that the characters will have formed a group by random assignment - still pondering an explanation that would be most feasible, such as organizing their group online or being assigned together by the criminal organization they're a part of.

The main point is the characters will not know each other prior to meeting to plan the heist. This means they cannot trust or rely on each other, they won't be a well-oiled team, so there's ample room for complications. There could be a character who intends from the start to screw over the rest of the group and make off with the money. There could be an undercover cop as part of the team, ready to bust them all. I'm personally considering a character who lies about his criminal experience, desperate for some quick money, and causes stupid mistakes during the job.

I don't intend for much planning of how things will turn out, I think it'll be more fun to throw characters in and we each can come up with things as the situation dictates. I fully plan on the possibility that the heist will end in complete failure, and the deaths/arrest of all the characters.

So that's the idea, if there's interest then we'll proceed to details of characters and where to begin etc.

Excellent. I had envisioned a few participants, but in the event nobody else joins up, do you want to go ahead with just us two?

And also how do you feel about character sheets? I personally don't find much need for them and would be content to just jump straight in and define the character through the course of the RP, but I don't mind working with them if that's what others prefer.

I say give it some time, because it would probably work really weel with three or four people, but just us two would be fine as well. Also, I don't think we need character sheets all that much.

Although I know of Reservoir Dogs I knew nothing of the plot, and now that I've looked I am amused at how much this resembles the starting premise indeed. I think we'll go with that explanation for being strangers too - the characters have been assigned to this job by a criminal boss.

We'll give it a little bit longer, while in the meantime get characters ready and such, and make a start I think. As far as where we'd start, I'm thinking we'll all have been told to meet at a designated safehouse, where the characters can meet and work out the plan for the heist.

When I read this, I envisioned The Departed for some reason, and I'd love to throw down on that undercover brother (read: cop) character.

Excellent, with four people I think we've got the numbers to make this interesting now. I'll get the actual IC thread started today or tomorrow.

I'll just start it arriving at the meeting place. We'll say our characters were assigned to this job by whatever branch or contact they're under in the criminal world and have little information about each other.

Very good. The IC thread is in existence now, I'm sure its easy to find in the Realistic RP section. I also notice since I used mostly the same tags, its the first item on the list of topics sharing the tags, at the bottom of this page.

Also I apologise for the utterly bland choice of RP name but evidently my brain decided to go out for ice cream and left me to fend for myself. If it matters enough to anyone, any suggestions are welcome and I can always change it.

Otherwise, dive on into the thread whenever you're ready. No rush though, I'm very patient.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0