Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HerculeHastings

Review Panel 1

6 posts in this topic

Hoorah! Y'all should read it, because if you don't...

Taken-I-will-find-you.gif

It's actually a great review! I agreed on a lot of the points, particularly the plot points. They should have spent more time developing Edward's personal story. I feel like since they kind of half assed the assassin part, and half assed his personal story, it led to a disconnected plot. I think the Edward personal story parts were great and really fresh, but the pacing was all wrong. I did cry at the end though when what's her name is singing that song and they're sailing on the ship :').

Basically they should have just ditched the assassin stuff and let me buckle my swash quite contentedly. A pirate game is an awsome idea, the assassin part just didn't fit.

A great review and one I agree with on pretty much every point. While I agree that expanding on Edward's personal story would be a brilliant idea, I actually quite liked the half-assed Assassin bits. I mean, I expect it wasn't deliberate, but the fact that Edward wasn't actually an assassin as such and was really just moving through situations in his own way, was brought forward by the less-assassin focus compared to previous games.

On another note, I'm surprised you didn't mention the 'real world' parts of this game (as shoddy as they were) in the review.