Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wstfgl

Waifus

46 posts in this topic

Introduction

I hadn't known that that chance meeting, a fleeting moment insignificant in the grand scheme of things, would have torn my life apart just like that.

I'd been roused 15 minutes late, the feeble bleating of my alarm clock woefully insufficient to tear me from the Sandman's clutches. I was going to be late on my very first day of high school, and there was no way I was going to allow that. This was the first trial on a journey of a thousand days -- if I messed this up, even if the world might forget, I would never forgive myself. Hurriedly, I changed, grabbed my bag and rushed downstairs, plucking a slice of toast from the table and holding it in my mouth as I sprinted towards school, feeling the wind rush through my hair and sweat bead up on my arms and back.

Then, as I rounded a corner, I noticed, far too late, that there was a boy walking at a leisurely pace straight in my path, oblivious to my approach thanks to the earbuds jammed into his ears. My eyes widened and my breath caught in my throat as I tried to swerve, but inertia was a cruel mistress. There was a great crash, and my toast and the contents of my bag went flying into the air, spilling across the pavement. When I finally stopped seeing stars, I looked upwards -- only to see that this pleasantly bland young man had picked up the scattered books and files in my bag and returned them, and was proffering this bag towards me. Gratefully, I accepted it with a mumbled 'thank you', and carried on my way. I thought that nothing more than a minor hiccup, just another blip in the day-to-day life of a bright-eyed, fresh-faced high school freshman... but I was wrong. Unbeknownst to me, I was being watched.

I learned that the hard way on my way home after a long day of commencement speeches, awkward self-introductions and other such pleasantries. It was almost sundown when I set off on my way home, and the streets were mostly quiet at this time, save for the occasional distant barking of some family's hyperactive dog or the passing rumble as a car went by. Then, this silence was suddenly broken by the whoosh of rushing wind and a thump -- and the next thing I knew, I felt the cold steel of an honest-to-goodness katana pressed against my throat.

"Wh-what's going on?!" I squeaked in alarm.

"Don't you know?" the older girl accosting me growled. "You set a flag. You're in The Game now -- and I'm here to eliminate a competitor."

"W-what?! Flag? Game? I have no idea what on earth you're talking about!" I protested, trembling as I looked down at the cold steel just an inch from my neck.

The other girl cursed under her breath, regarding me with the look of a cat staring down a mouse. "You're a newbie? You've got no idea how this works? Well, I'll do you a favor and give you the low-down.

"You were late for school, and collided with a certain second-year student. Is that right?"

I nodded frantically in assent, and she continued, "In other words, you've made contact with him -- and now, your fate is irrevocably entwined with him. That was the flag that you set... and now, you are part of The Game. You see... the two of us are far from the only ones to have set these flags."

"I... I don't quite get you... so those in The Game are supposed to fight each other?" I asked, and she wordlessly nodded.

"But why?" I pleaded, my vision blurry from the tears rolling down my face.

"Because there can only be one."

Setting

Yokoso, waga tomodachi yo.

This RP is a contemporary fantasy set in modern Japan... except with some differences. Most pertinently, when a random middle-schooler suddenly strikes a pose in the street and declares that they'll unleash their Azure Grimoire, they just might be serious.

So, our story revolves around a really bland-looking guy. Somewhat like the one down here:

nisekoi-episode-3-subtitle-indonesia.jpg

He might or might not have magical powers, and he might or might not actually be a great hero with a secret destiny. However, all this about his life is inconsequential, because this is not his story.

What's most pertinent is that this young man has an uncanny ability to attract girls (and the occasional boy) of every kind, and yet has the even more uncanny ability to be completely oblivious of their advances -- the result is a harem of over a dozen people pining over a single man... and to these girls (and boys, if appli- bah, you get the idea), sharing is not an option.

And so begins The Game. During the day, they remain civil to each other, chit-chatting with each other, talking to said oblivious guy and generally being polite, civil and wonderful, promising model students -- but when the sun goes down, all hell breaks loose. The town becomes their battleground, and they battle each other in a no-holds-barred battle royale, aiming to defeat the others to prove their supremacy -- to be the fabled Best Girl who shall claim this unwitting Casanova's heart.

This battle has been at a stalemate at all too long... but now, with the start of a new school year, perhaps a twist of fate will bring this war to its inevitable conclusion.

Details

Basically, you play as one of the twenty-odd people who have been drafted into The Game for whatever reason. You don't even have to be a girl, just as long as you've somehow triggered an event that could lead to you falling in love with that dreadfully bland, indecisive chap seen above (Bonus points if you're some kind of anime stereotype or a variation thereof). It's probably best to be a high-schooler to maximize social interactions outside combat, though it is by no means necessary.

Feel free to use any kind of origin for your fighting skills -- this is a fantasy kitchen sink, so pretty much goes, as long as you don't go overboard with the power levels -- the participants of The Game would all rank as Heroes in the Dimensional Schism tier list at most. Also, since all this fighting is in the real world, no blowing up the town or otherwise causing excessive property damage if you don't want the school to close, the town to be evacuated and for everyone to get the Bad End. So... I hate to say this, but you got to minimize or exclude guns and explosives. Hitting each other with swords is A-OK, though.

So... Basically, Highlander crossed with a harem comedy. Have fun, and may the best girl (or boy, if applicable) win.

This RP is open to all, but if you can't post regularly, please let us know. And I'll make your role tangential to the actual plot

Character Sheet (not stolen from Sanzi honest)

Name:

Appearance:

Personality:

Bio:

Abilities/Skills:

Miscellaneous:

I. I'm interested. I said I would stay out of everyone's RPs but.... >__>;;;

In a blatant bid to attract attention, I've decided not to close this RP even if I somehow hit a certain number, but to let people drop in if they're interested. After all, harem series introduce new girls all the time.

Might get a character up, if I've got enough time after painting Sanger.

Lol. I'll take the blame for that one proudly. And after reading it, this might not be too bad. Kinda interesting to me. 

EDIT: I've never REALLY Rp'd with West before, but I give you great props on that intro post. That was quite eloquent good sir. *tips hat*

I promise I won't troll you even if you play Ember

I thank you for that, (not sure why you would though XD) But I'll try not to play Ember. I feel I need a different character for something of this nature. Bwahahaha! (won't be OP like before. Promise :)

If you aren't a blatant animu stereotype, you're doing this wrong~

Currently, dibs have been called on:

Yandere

Cross dresser

Because it's me I want to play a guy.

I'm thinking pervy school doctor who seems cool on the outside but is really a pathetic doofus. Does that work out?

All characters have to be in The Game though -- basically, your character needs to be interested in Bland McBoring or there isn't a point.

No objections if it's a gay doctor trying to keep all them stinky waifus away from his man, though.

He'll never reciprocate your affections. He'll never reciprocate anyone's affections.

I'll step in just to say that I shall reserve the role of Tsundere. I might take a while to post, though, because I still need to catch up on my other RPs (see: Rules of Nature, Fuyukaba).

If you foresee yourself not having the time to post, just throw a fight with another character and you'll be excused posting by virtue of being hospitalized.

On an unrelated note, I just learnt my phone almost autocorrected "hospitalized" to "Goa'uld", and I don't even watch Stargate...

DIBS LIST

Tsundere

Yandere (possibly childhood friend)

Crossdresser

Pervert Doctor

On the topic of pervert doctors...

Yathink.png

Of course, of course~ What else is the pervy doctor going to be good for besides obnoxiously perving on McBoring-kun?

What? Helping injured students? Who cares about them.... Get out of my office!

Breaking News: School Nurse arrested for engaging in illegal after-school grudge matches with female students

And now I imagine Sono playing this fellow...

vlcsnap-2013-11-08-19h11m51s30.png

1 person likes this

Dangit. The jerk took my Tsundere! I'll play the Kuudere girl then. Always been a crowd favorite.

I don't think there's enough nipple glow in this thread

1 person likes this

If only I could be so grossly incandescent

Can I be tomboy competitive girl who kicks most guy's asses and is pretty much female delinquent? Is there an idiom for that?

You can, but I can't remember what that's called.

"Hisako"

"Only exists to lose to new villains"

Just wait for the next mission to start...

Payback.

Hisako is getting some.

First up, let's start with our utterly generic and forgettable main character.

Name: Hayato Yuuki
Appearance:

nisekoi-episode-3-subtitle-indonesia.jpg

Personality: Bland, forgettable and incredibly dense, to the point that if a girl tore off her clothes and started rubbing her breasts on his face, he would deem the girl as being "fond of playing around" and leave it at that. It is a miracle that all the girls seem to want to get in his pants, considering that his utter lack of comprehension of romance is an impregnable fortress against their efforts. 

He is, however, a nice, kind guy. Or something. It's hard to tell when he's practically part of the background.

Bio: An ordinary second-year high school kid with an utterly generic background and the ISO-Standard Shonen Hero Family Background of a dad who is perpetually overseas on business, a strangely attractive and young-looking mom, and a generic imouto. Nothing to see here.

Abilities/Skills: Irrelevant. He might turn out to have them, but that's none of our business.

Miscellaneous: NPC character, and the so-called 'Holy Grail' our characters are all fighting for the right to date. He's going to break so many hearts~

The first Waifu has arrived!

Name: Mutsuki Kongou

Appearance:

Ny9xwxi.jpg

Personality: Excitable, energetic, optimistic, possibly a little fight-crazy.

Bio: A freshman at Kawashiro North Municipal High School, a bog-standard high-school in a bog-standard Japanese suburb... well, except for that whole 'high school girls beating each other to a pulp' thing. She is excited about starting a new chapter in life in high school, with interesting extracurricular activities to join and meeting fascinating new people and falling for irresistibly handsome senpais waiting to whisk her away for a doki-doki springtime romance adventure...

Well, two of three out of the above ain't bad.

Abilities/Skills:

GOD HAND -- From young, Mutsuki learnt martial arts under the tutelage of her grandfather. While Ranma 1/2 lied to us all and you can't actually gain superpowers just by working out a whole lot, it transpired that Mutsuki was a latent psychic, and instinctively channeled her abilities through a form she was familiar with. Mutsuki can use telekinesis to a degree, but her ability to control it is limited; her main use of it is unconsciously strengthening herself and softening the force of blows thrown at her. This effect is particularly pronounced on her right hand (insert masturbation joke here), which can strike with immense force -- and has been reinforced to be near-indestructible to withstand the impacts of her own strikes. She has yet to fully master further applications of her power, but may be able to with appropriate tutelage.

Miscellaneous: The uninformed newcomer to The Game, if a very enthusiastic participant.

IT IS ON NOW

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0