Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wstfgl

Waifus

46 posts in this topic

Okay, so how far can we take these characters? Clearly nothing that is hella OP (Altruis) and nothing that is painfully destructive. Is there anything else I should be aware of before I begin concocting mah Waifu?

No items that would be unobtainable by an ordinary high school student unless there's some extenuating circumstances. Close-ranged combat will probably be the focus. Also, try not to make a character too similar to another one in the RP, as the whole point of harem series is diversity.

Any kind of origin for your superpowers (e.g. miko, werewolf, wizard, secret alien observer, super-soldier trying and failing to blend into society) is probably acceptable since this is a huge ripoff anyway.

Name: Erize Umeda
Appearance:

FymKSiy.jpg

Personality: Shy and introverted. In matters of his true love, however, he bursts open - it is his life's dream to rid himself of the curse, and so all notions of anxiety or apathy vanish when the stakes rise to that level.

Bio: A curse was placed on Erize upon his birth, dictating that his genitals could be viewed by nobody, under pain of lasers, until he received a kiss from his one true love. He was always scared of other children, having witnessed one boy pulling another one's shorts down, and realizing if that occurred to him it would mean death for anyone around him at the time. He became a recluse, scared of his vast powers. He focused himself on working on eventually winning his one true love. When he found that developing muscles didn't work for him, and he didn't go out enough to get tanned or develop confident social skills, he decided to pursue a more feminine image and perfect that instead. Staying inside a lot turned out to help keep his skin pale and smooth, protected from the harsh sun. He practiced and developed his cutest looks by practicing with a mirror, and even learned to control some of his laser residue to create a shimmering effect around himself. He would weaponize his shyness, turning it into cuteness. He truly mastered his craft.

And so he became the trap that this RP deserves.

When he learned that there was an unusual concentration of girls converging on one unremarkable high school student, he researched the target, and found himself also enraptured. Convinced this was the power of his one true love, he donned his best skirt, practiced using his lasers for offense to fend off competitors, and switched schools to be with him. Nobody will stop him having his true love and curing his curse.

Abilities/Skills: 

PRIVACY LASERS -- Anyone who glimpses Erize's panty area takes a laser or lasers to the face, depending how long they try to look. There is perpetual bright light there, so even if one tries to peek despite the consequences, they will never actually see anything. Erize can also cause the lasers to shoot outward in specific directions as he desires. The Lasers, when concentrated, pack enough force to also launch him off the ground, enabling him to gain some (limited) airtime and rain lasers down from above. He can charge the lasers for more powerful effects, but that of course takes more time.

Miscellaneous: He doesn't yet realize that the kiss from his one true love will have to be planted on a more thematically appropriate location than his lips.

1 person likes this

Name: Kurosawa Aiko

Appearance:

773830607_1038177.gif?4

Powers: Hyper-Mind: A form of controlled synesthesia that can both heighten the senses as well as blend them together. This increases the speed at which information is processed and stored, resulting in heightened perception. This condition was discovered early in her childhood. Though he eyes sight is fine, glasses help to control the condition.

After Image: The ability to move the body at inhuman speeds, or split into several instances at increased speeds.

Personality: Frank and straight forward. Aiko-chan doesn't exprvess much emotion well when she speaks and acts. When she speaks of serious matters like love, people think she is joking because of the lack of emotion and her straight forwardness.

History: Kurosawa Aiko was born to the average family. Though born with it, her parents didn’t realize Aiko had Synesthesia until her teacher caught her saying strange things about seeing sounds and colored letters. She went to hospitals across the country for her condition soon after and was subject to all manner of tests and brain scans to determine her condition and the degree of it.

At the age of ten the buzz of her Synesthesia had calmed down, though left her with unpleasant memories. Over the years, she went back on occasion to test her condition and see if it was having any negative effects, though it only helped her. Aiko took up swordplay early on and has trained at it in school as well. Passed down since the Sengoku period, her family owns the Kage no Ha Setsuna

Miscellaneous: She met hayato-san when they were first years. He asked to see her sword and she cut two inches off his hair, only to find that they would sit next to each other in class.

I am going to bow out of this one. I am having trouble thinking of a character I want to play and I am sure I could force myself to hash something out, but whenever I do that I tend to lose interest in an RP really fast. And I'd rather not be the reason for your RP to die.

Pffffffftttttt

Okay

I'm not planning on closing this RP though, so feel free to drop in any time.

I'm not sure if I'll jump in right away but I wanted to at least throw my profile in...!

Name: Yuya Kanzaki

Appearance:

wJM6c0Q.png

Not your typical megane school doctor, oh no. 5'11" and totally sigh-inducingly ~*kakkoii*~. There's rumors that he used to be that one guy in that one really popular band. Remember them? Or was he that guy your aunt once saw at the host club? In any case, what the hell is he doing as a school doctor?

Anyway, underneath his obligatory white doctor coat, he's impeccably dressed. Waistcoat, nice watch, two-tone Oxford shoes. Sassy, almost.

Personality:
In contrast to his pretty and delicate appearance, he is a notorious pervert who has no concept of boundaries. He has a thing for gratuitously groping examining adorable boys. Girls, not so much—he tends to be rather annoyed by them. He has a quick and ugly temper that blows up over the stupidest things. Who keeps taking his pen! Why are you bothering him during his coffee time! Get out, you damn brat!

Bio:
No one knows anything about him except rumors. His medical skills are pretty dubious. No one is sure how he landed a job as a school doctor. Sometimes even he isn't sure why he's hanging out in the infirmary all the time. He does think he looks really cool in a white coat while lounging in an office chair. It's a job perk, along with the student groping examining.

Abilities/Skills:
Jigoku Optometry: A scary glare. Lowers the defenses of his target.

Hyper-Physical Examination: Berserker attack mode where he throws a flurry of punches and kicks too fast for the eye to even see.

Su-bara-shii Rose: Rose petals rain in all around him when he's being particularly bishie. This is a completely, utterly, stupidly useless ability.

Miscellaneous:
He actually does require glasses but being as vain as he is, he wears contacts. Megane doctor trope, averted! Kind of.

Okay, approved on one condition -- he must have glowing nipples.

RP will begin when I can be arsed to write stuff.

1 person likes this

No hurry, you got time. 

On another note, I'd be pissed as hell too if some asshole kept stealing my pen! That is a completely logical fury there.

If y'all don't mind, this should probably show up in Student RPs, just in case any of them want to drop in for whatever reason.

I might work up the motivation to get that post out later.

ALSO, STEALING PENS IS A CARDINAL SIN

Name: Tina Bradford
Appearance: vocaloid%20hatsune%20miku%20blue%20eyes%
Personality: Cold, aloof and unfriendly, she barely recognises anyone around her as being worthy of talking to her. Of all of her schoolmates, she treats Hayato the worst, constantly picking on him even though she secretly cars for him deep down in her heart.
Bio: Born into a rich American family, Tina migrated to Japan recently due to her parents' office being relocated into the country. Soon after, she was transferred into the high school where she would eventually meet Hayato. As she was constantly brought up in an isolated environment, she views anyone poorer than her as being inferior, and will barely bother to even talk to them in school. Her interest in Hayato emerged when she was almost mugged while going home from school one day, only to have him come to her rescue. She has since then claimed him as her minion, and will not allow anyone else to come close to him.
Abilities/Skills: Frozen Heart - Tina is capable of summoning an icy storm around her that instantly freezes anything that enters within and slows down anything that does not get frozen. Due to her magic she is capable of slowing down even immaterial things such as light or sound. She is also capable of firing icy projectiles at her enemies or creating huge ice blocks to use as shields.
Miscellaneous:

IT BEGINS

For introductions, narrating the first day at school would work. Feel free to interact each other and/or Hayato, and if you want to write lines for Hayato, all you have to remember is that he's a nice guy with pretty much zero personality beyond that two-word description.

Ooo, I'm gonna join!

Name: Kaoru Kintoki

Appearance: Teddie from Persona 4 

Persona_4_anime_Teddie_.jpg

Personality: He's pretty stupid, but can be really charming. He often just tries to be friends with everybody. He cares about his style and looks more than most other things.

Bio: He was born and raised in Japan, living with only his mother and older sister. Because of this, he's always cared a lot about his looks and style. He attended school, like any other child, but wasn't bullied that often. When he was, he would just charm the bullies, making them give up bullying, or, in extreme cases, even turn them gay.

Abilities/Skills:

Charm: He tries to charm his opponents to distract them for a small amount of time.

RoseBu-: He makes the opponent smell his rose, coated with chloroform, to knock them out

Ice Shards: He fires a shitload of pointy ice at his opponents. Like, a lot of ice.

Miscellaneous: He met Hayato at a bus stop and thought he looked cute. He proceeded to constantly hit on him, but it didn't really work. He did get his phone number though (by "borrowing" his phone for the day and then returning it) , so that's a plus.

Hayato sure has a lot of dudes trying to hit on him...

Sure, feel free to pop in.

(Inb4 Sono attempts molestation)

1 person likes this

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY GUYS

Do I just bring the yaoi in with my very presence?!

Yes

Your mansmut brings all the pretty boys to the yard

1 person likes this

I guess it can't be helped, being as fabulous as I am.

tumblr_lnm6hvuxos1qhrxos.gif

1 person likes this

This RP has transcended mere waifus

Time to rename it "Gratuitous Romantic Comedy Battle Royale: Ultimax Suplex Hold Edition"

Um, there kind of is a problem with ThatOneRoleplayer's post, in that school hasn't ended yet. Carry on after the first post, not the introduction -- that event isn't supposed to occur until later on in the day, if it does.

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0