vplx

In Cold Blood [Discussion]

14 posts in this topic

"Skyrim, also known as the Old Kingdom or the Fatherland, was the first region of Tamriel settled by humans from the continent of Atmora: the hardy, brave, warlike Nords, whose descendants still occupy this rugged land."

- Anonymous.

This roleplay is based in the universe of the Elder Scrolls series. More specifically, the fifth installment, Skyrim. It takes place during the events of the game, which includes the dragons, the civil war, the Dragonborn, etc. The month is Sun's Dusk (November).

We will begin in Solitude. 

"Solitude, is the capital city of both Haafingar, Skyrim, and the Imperial Legion in Skyrim. Ruled by the current Jarl Elisif the Fair, widow of the late High King Torygg, it is the headquarters of the Imperial Legion stationed in Skyrim. The Thalmor have an embassy hidden in the nearby mountain.

Part of the reason for this is the eminently defensible nature of Solitude itself. Set upon a great stone arch that towers above the mouth of the Karth River, the city is surrounded by the soaring peaks of the nearby mountains. Solitude is both a reinforced and breathtaking stronghold."

(From the ES Wiki.)

It's also notable that Solitude houses the Bard's College.

I'm a bit fuzzy on what the plot should be, but that will come with discussion!

All I have so far is that our characters meet together in Solitude, gang together somehow and start adventuring.

I'll set the cap at four or five people. It depends.

Also please, I encourage you to discuss ideas in the thread.

Ah, one last thing!

I'm allowing werewolves and vampires in this rp, but there's a limit of one werewolf and one vampire.

Also this probably goes without saying, but your character can not be the Dragonborn. They also can not be the leaders of any guilds.

(Werewolf is taken!)

P.S. Please tell me if I forgot anything Q.Q. I'm pretty rusty ahah.

Skyrim Map

Dibs on Manly Viking Warrior

I would ask if mods are allowed, but I remembered this was a Skyrim RP... Roughly what level are we starting at, anyway?

Just throwing in my interest! *Throws it.* There.... I gatta go for the night but I'll be happy to help formulate ideas tomorrow.

@Wstfgl I'm using Skyrim as a setting, but I'm not using the mechanics of Skyrim. So levels don't really come into play.

But if you want to use levels, just go with whatever level fits your character, I suppose.

@Erogenous Enigma *Catches interest.*

Also since we have interest (yay!), I'll begin typing up the RP thread.

It's not so much the levels as how strong our characters are allowed to be, so we could decide what kind of adventure we could have.

Like, if we're neophyte adventurers, we can't do anything that involves Dragon Priests, giants or bears.

Ah, I see. Sorry I misinterpreted that haha.

Anyway, I think it would be interesting to have characters of varying skill levels. But anywhere from neophyte to advanced should be fine. And by advanced I mean "could win a battle with another person" and not "could take down five dragons and a giant while balancing on their head and playing the lute". But we'll be staying away from dragon priests and giants, for the most part.

Also your signature is... hypnotizing? I had to take a break from my typing just to look at it.

Oh my.

Okay, so no porting my actual Skyrim characters in, because I'm fairly sure I could make them actually do that.

Let's go fight bears. They're terrifying enemies. (On a more serious note, good places to visit from Solitude for the party would be Wolfskull Cave or perhaps the Shrine to Meridia. The latter might be good as we could go on a tour of Skyrim looking for that vexing beacon (first play through, I ended up finding the beacon before the shrine...)

Let's head for Wolfskull cave first, and then the Shrine.

We'll fight some spooky, scary skeletons!

(I'm sorry I just love this song too much.)

EDIT: 

http://www.surreality-rp.com/topic/937-in-cold-blood-a-skyrim-roleplay/

It begins!

Please ignore the awkward changing of tenses and choppiness- I'm rusty as hell.  

Sorry for the delay in posting, I'm in a place without regular access to a computer, so any posts will be slowly, laboriously typed on a teeny tiny little phone screen.

In other words, Ero should totally go first.

If I get a chance I will but I'm off work for the next two days and generally avoid the internet when I'm not at work.

It's alright, there's no need for either of you to post if you're inconvenienced atm.

We can wait.

*Jeopardy music plays* 

I had actually forgotten about this, I'm sorry, but I have posted and hopefully it'll help us get going. 

Since we have two warrior characters I'm going to be changing mine to a mage. More balanced, and more fitting to her character anyway.

So ignore the aforementioned swordplay. Also I'd post tonight but I'm tiirreeddd. I'll get to it in the morning. :3c

Hey, guys. I've recently been introduced to this site by vlpx n' stuff, so I'm going to be in on this relatively soon.

I'm going to build myself a welcome wagon in the meantime.

All aboard. 

P.S Werewolf ties in my character, so I'm callin' the dibs as it were.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead