Kyo

Surreality Themed Profile Event

54 posts in this topic

Surreality Themed Profile Event

Those of you who have been with us for a long time will surely remember our themed monthly signature/avatar event that went on in previous incarnations of Surreality. Now we're not exactly going for monthly themes but we are bringing the idea back. So for those who are new, or perhaps some of you oldies who need a little refresher, here is how it works. 

What is a Themed Profile Event?

A themed profile event is when for a set period of time the members of the forum change their avatar, signature and cover photo to represent a chosen theme. For example; if the chosen theme is Disney character's then one member may change their profile to represent Mickey Mouse, or Donald Duck, perhaps Cinderella, Simba, etc, etc, you get the idea!

Do I have to take part?

No, of course not! We would very much like you to take part though. It's all the more fun if everybody gives it a go! And I can't promise that I won't pester you and make snippy comments about you being a spoil sport! No, seriously I won't pressure anybody! (I totally will!)

Why should I take part?

Because it's fun! Everybody will be doing it! You'll be the odd one out! Those are all fantastic reasons! An event like this is all about coming together as a community and celebrating something we all enjoy. If you are new and don't know many people it might be a chance to step out there and show off your interests and perhaps find something in common with someone. Even if you have a bunch of old friends on the forum, what better reason for you guys to team up and combine your themes! Sticking with our Disney hypothetical, we could have 3 members posing as the Hyena Trio from Lion King, or The Mice from Cinderella, the list goes on! Ultimately this is an opportunity to have a bit of fun. If you don't want to play nobody will force you but we will be extra loud about the fun we're having and you'll probably feel bad! (see? Pressure!)

Is it every month?

Not at the moment. For now we are going to keep this on a sort of every-other-month kind of deal. We appreciate members like to have their own personal touch to their profiles and we don't want to keep pushing for you to keep with a theme all of the time. That being said you guys have a say in this! If we find that the members simply love our themed events and want it to be happening all of the time then it is definitely something we can look at doing. If any of you have any ideas for tweaks or changes please do not hesitate to come forward and pitch it to me. There's also a Site Suggestion Page where you can give some input! Anyway on to the event!

The Chosen Theme Is...

Light-bulb-moment.gif

LIGHT BULBS

This theme was suggested by Neferteri on our Facebook Page. The idea behind it is that we're all so full of great... well... IDEAS! So, light bulbs!

Any questions please ask. Also feel free to share your excitement within this thread. 

Might also add that this is a perfect opportunity to take advantage of Valentine's Sig Shop if you would like a cool set up and don't have the talent or effort to knock up your own. I'm also available for commission but I haven't got around to setting up a shop thread yet. 

P.S. Dibs on Krookodile. 

This was clearly only revived so we are forced to pay Val in chicks and blow due to demand.

Also dibs on the Typhlosion.

1 person likes this

precisely why I'm offering my own services to dilute the market. Otherwise Val is gonna go all Heisenberg on our asses. He'll be cooking meth sigs all day!

1 person likes this

precisely why I'm offering my own services to dilute the market. Otherwise Val is gonna go all Heisenberg on our asses. He'll be cooking meth sigs all day!

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Now, i'm just gonna take my sign and leave if you don't mind.

methsigs_zps079c6a48.png

PS. James of Team Rocket is mine. Because reasons.

Aw crap, who's my favorite Pokemon right now... It usually coincides with what deck I'm running at the moment. Good thing I have a whole month to figure it out!

Thanks for bringing this back, guys! :)

I'll attempt and I guess feature another one of the newer Pokemon. I call Sylveon

1 person likes this

As a boy who grew up with the Pokemans, I am obligated to participate.

Now who to choose....   *ponder*

Eevee I choose you! :D

Now to find Eevee related banners/stuffs

Ah finally the day is upon us. Swadloon, I choose you!

LWztV_zps2c496a60.jpg

1 person likes this

I still have no idea what I want to do. T___T

was so busy making other people's I forgot to make my own. I'll sort it tonight!

How could I not participate in anything pokemon? Although I like all my pokemon on my team equally I chose my Magnezone Luxus as my representative in this event.

Yeah you guys did a good job with all these wonderful Pokéthemed sigs but you ain't got nuttin' on Team Rocket, yo!

2 people like this

Not you guys again. Don't you ever give up?

1 person likes this

Never! Now let's catch that Pikachuuu!