Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TriOctium

Swarm Mystery 3 [Signup Thread]

64 posts in this topic

“The war with the aliens has brought unprecedented dangers to our people, our planet, our very way of life… But it has also united us as a species. Never before has the world stood together against our common enemy, pooling our resources to create the strongest army ever seen in the history of mankind. And now… the deciding moment has come. The fate of all of mankind rests in the hands of these capable men and women. I can only pray that nothing will go wrong.â€

- Lieutenant-General Richard Stark, Chief of the United Earth Planetary Defense Force.

jeByxNI.jpg

Swarm Mystery 3: Solus Imperium

A Game Co-Hosted by TriOctium and Ice

It has been three long years since humans had their first encounter with the nefarious alien organisms known only as the Swarm, as well as their mysterious, technologically advanced counterparts, the Zeta. Since then, the three factions have been locked in interplanetary combat, the various countries on Earth uniting their armies to face the alien threat. Due to a successful expedition deep into enemy territory a year ago, the humans gained vital knowledge from the corpse of the Swarm Host - the location of their home planet.

Before an attack could be launched, however, a humongous spaceship materialized in orbit around the Swarm home planet, sending a video recording to the human leaders. “I am Nihilus, the Brilliance of the Zeta,†the figure introduced himself, shining as bright as the sun. “I represent my people in coming to the humans. We offer that which you do not have: the power to destroy the Swarm, once and for all. Send your soldiers into the Swarm home planet and they will die by the thousands before you can even set foot on solid ground. Gain our help, however, and not a single drop of human blood needs to be shed.â€

“I call for humanity’s greatest warriors, scholars, poets and thinkers to come aboard my mothership, the Eternal Blaze. They are to impress me with their intellect, their wit, their capabilities. If I deem them to be worthy, the full might of the Zeta will be yours in your campaign against the Swarm. If not, then we will withdraw from this conflict permanently.â€

“The choice is yours, commander. I hope you make the right one.â€

In response to the Zeta’s call, you and your team have been assembled in preparation for the meeting - Earth’s very finest, each one of you honed to perfection in your area of expertise. Your performance in this meeting could very well determine the outcome of this war - and perhaps the fate of humanity. But you are the best, after all. Nothing could go wrong… right?

Game Information

There will be three factions in this game: The Humans, the Swarm and the Zeta. Unlike in the previous two Swarm games, this time, the Zeta player's identity will be known from the very beginning. He is Nihilus, the Divine Emperor of the Zeta, and intelligence suggests that his role in the Human-Swarm conflict is a neutral one - he is not actively supporting either side, even though he takes interest in certain individuals. You also have intelligence that a few of your team members are also considering betraying the humans and joining the Zeta, but you are not sure who or how many. Finally, the Swarm will have a presence in the game as well, just like in the previous games.

Each faction will have their own win conditions. Humans and Swarm have conflicting win conditions, but the Zeta do not. This means that there could be up to two factions winning by the end of the game (Zeta-Human or Zeta-Swarm; Human-Swarm is not possible). Each player will have 3 Traits, as usual, which may or may not change upon being Assimilated. All Trait information will be revealed upon player death. There will be player skills that allow for the revival of players, but even so, the revived player may be at a disadvantage due to their Traits being revealed. So try not to die :)

Day Actions (may perform as many actions as you wish):

• Vote to Exterminate: At least half of the players need to vote for the same target in order to pass this vote. Eg: In the case of 12 players, if 6 players voted to Exterminate the same person, the vote gets passed and the person gets killed.
  • Vote to use Lie Detector: This is a new system that will be introduced in this game. Similarly, at least half of the players need to vote for the same target in order to pass this vote. More information below.
  • Converse with another player: Like in Swarm 1, Conversing is your main way of learning Traits from other players. Two people must agree to Converse with one another for the action to take place. Both players will then exchange knowledge of their Traits, starting from top to bottom.

Night Actions (choose 1 to take each night):

• Inspect a player: Reveals their Assimilated status. If the target was Assimilated in that Night Phase, the result will show up as innocent (not Assimilated). This is because Swarm actions take place after Human actions.
  • Message: Send a Message to another player. The Message will be sent at the end of the Night Phase.

Lie Detector

Your team is armed with the latest technology in Lie Detection. At least half of the remaining players have to vote for the same target in order to activate the Lie Detector. It has up to 3 uses for the entire game. The Lie Detector targets posts, not players. When activated, it will respond with two possible responses:

1. Yes, this post has at least 1 lie in it. OR
  2. No, this post is completely truthful.

SIGNUPS ARE OPEN!

Any Questions?

PLAYER LIST:

Wstfgl

Shadow

bon00b

Demonic Gate

HerculeHastings

DayDreamer

DreamyLane

Kyo

Ethereal

Seanzilla

Noia

VoidMole

vtechondaguy

HEEEEEELLLLLL YEAAAH! LET THE GAMES BEGIN! Of course, I'm totally in for this one too. I really enjoyed the second, so I don't even have to second guess my decision here. ^.^ Also, first to join!

I wanted to save you all the headache, but I am being coerced into joining. Expect gratuitous bitching.

Looks like I'm popping in too .

ᵒᴥᵒ

The roles will be sent out shortly!

I am the world's greatest soldier!

cardboard_box_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

Sasuga Wst, giving away his secrets before the game starts XD

I am the world's greatest leader!

2995261-3381520196-tumbl.jpg

(Sticking to the Metal Gear theme)

I am the world's greatest Detective!

Hercule.png

Meet Hercule Barton from Tantei Opera Milky Holmes!

1 person likes this

I am the world's greatest Detective!

Hercule.png

Meet Hercule Barton from Tantei Opera Milky Holmes!

Eww

Well at least I didn't link the picture with the moustache.

I'd really much prefer to be the real Hercule Poirot, of course.

poirot.jpg

1 person likes this