Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TriOctium

Swarm Mystery 3: Solus Imperium [SWARM VICTORY!]

294 posts in this topic

"Foolish is the one who steps into the light without recognizing the dangers of the darkness." - Zeta Proverb

Yu0ewSJ.jpg

Swarm Mystery 3: Solus Imperium

As the time approaches for the meeting to be held, humanity's representatives assemble at the deck of the battlecruiser, anxious as to what may happen to them. Without warning, a blue light suddenly surrounds all of their bodies, and with a flash of light, they find themselves teleported into the Eternal Blaze. All about them is strange, alien architecture, otherworldly technology that none of them have seen before. Before them stands Nihilus, a blazing aura emanating from the Zeta's body, intimidating anyone foolish enough to stand near him. "Welcome to the Eternal Blaze," his voice booms all about them, despite him not having a mouth. "Today we will be playing a game that I'm sure all of you are very familiar with already."

"I have invited a very special guest with us today. One of you is the Swarm Overlord, the hive mind behind all your troubles. Kill it, and humanity will have won this war without even having to shed a single drop of blood. I will be a participant in this game as well, and for the sake of fairness, let me assure all of you that I do not know which one of you is the Swarm Overlord either. Amuse me with your intellect, humans."

"The game begins... now."

GAME INFORMATION

Day Actions (may perform as many actions as you wish):

• Vote to Exterminate: At least half of the players need to vote for the same target in order to pass this vote. Eg: In the case of 12 players, if 6 players voted to Exterminate the same person, the vote gets passed and the person gets killed.
  • Vote to use Lie Detector: This is a new system that will be introduced in this game. Similarly, at least half of the players need to vote for the same target in order to pass this vote. More information below.
  • Converse with another player: Like in Swarm 1, Conversing is your main way of learning Traits from other players. Two people must agree to Converse with one another for the action to take place. Both players will then exchange knowledge of their Traits, starting from top to bottom.

Night Actions (choose 1 to take each night):

• Inspect a player: Reveals their Assimilated status. If the target was Assimilated in that Night Phase, the result will show up as innocent (not Assimilated). This is because Swarm actions take place after Human actions.
  • Message: Send a Message to another player. The Message will be sent at the end of the Night Phase.

Lie Detector
Your team is armed with the latest technology in Lie Detection. At least half of the remaining players have to vote for the same target in order to activate the Lie Detector. It has up to 3 uses for the entire game. The Lie Detector targets posts, not players. When activated, it will respond with two possible responses:

• Yes, this post has at least 1 lie in it. OR
  • No, this post is completely truthful.

Win Conditions
Humans:

• Kill the Swarm Overlord.

Swarm:

• Assimilate enough players such that it is impossible for the Swarm Overlord to die by voting.

PLAYER LIST:

Kyo is Nihilus, Brilliance of the Zeta

Wstfgl is the World's Greatest Soldier

Shadow is the World's Greatest Gambler

bon00b is the World's Greatest Scientist

HerculeHastings is the World's Greatest Detective

DayDreamer is the World's Greatest Politician

DreamyLane/Echelon is the World's Greatest Engineer

Ethereal is the World's Greatest Artificial Intelligence

Seanzilla is the World's Greatest Leader

Noia is the World's Greatest Psychic

VoidMole is the World's Greatest Pilot

vtechondaguy is the World's Greatest Magician

DAY PHASE 1 [48 HOURS]

ASSIMILATED: 1/12

DAY PHASE 2 [ASSIMILATED: 2/12]

DAY PHASE 3 [ASSIMILATED: 3/12]

DAY PHASE 4 [ASSIMILATED: 4/12]

So Kyo doesn't have a mouth!

DDDDDD:

This is my useful observation for the day. Alas, I am a true detective indeed!

If that's the case then we are all likely doomed. x.x

Our race has long since evolved past the needs for a mouth, or vocal chords. It is a rather crude method of communication. 

Nonsense, they still bleed when they're shot at. If shit hits the fan, we'll be fine.

Trust me, I know a guy who knows a guy who knew a guy who totally shot one to death.

We should worry about the FILTHY PINKO TRAITOR who has infiltrated this fine crew.

The soldier cannot confirm that statement to have even a shred of truth. However he is correct, perhaps you should worry more about the Swarm Overlord in your midst and less about whether I have a mouth or not. 

1 person likes this

It would be unwise to execute someone now.

Even though some might see it as good sport. A high-stakes gamble, one might think.

Perhaps you might wish to partake in conversation with a being far greater than yourself. You will most likely never have such an opportunity again. 

Everyone should write a post with just: "I am not the Swarm Host." and the, we should pick someone's post to Lie Detect.

Hey guys.

Psychic, checking in.

I can say with full certainty, that at least 80% of you guys are 100% wearing underpants!!

Everyone should write a post with just: "I am not the Swarm Host." and the we should pick someone's post to Lie Detect.

See the latest post in the Signups thread~

Everyone should write a post with just: "I am not the Swarm Host." and the, we should pick someone's post to Lie Detect.

The Lie Detector is unable to detect the Host. This was put in the other thread.

EDIT: awwww so slow

Couldn't we just foil the lie detection by telling a blatant lie in every post. 

such as:

I actually love humans and I really hope that they are going to win. 

Hellooooo, everyone! I'm your friendly, friendly, friendly neighborhood AI! Put on a Zig, and join me for a tour around this impressive battle-cruiser! Not that I'm scared of going around alone, of course. That's why I have this spear with me, see? Let's see, I do this with it, yes? *thrusts with the handle*

Couldn't we just foil the lie detection by telling a blatant lie in every post. 

such as:

I actually love humans and I really hope that they are going to win. 

You totallllyyy could! But we won't bother scanning a post like that! Hope that doesn't hurt your feelings, Zeta sir.

It's a Daddy-bot :OOOO

1 person likes this

Actually, the title on the Personality Module here says, "Wheatley." 

But let's just say I'm my own person put on a Zig, okay? Say "okay". Oooooo-kaaaaayyyyy.

Well we all know what happened when someone trusted the last artificial intelligence named Wheatley. Food for thought, humans. Food for thought.

Nothing could possibly go wrong, trusting AIs to control our thoughts and our memes.

La Li Lu Le Lo.

It's fine, it's fine, it's fine! I only inherited his personality! Nothing else from this Wheatley person! It's like the Lord Genome bio-computer in Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann put on a Zig! *nervous fidget*

But the reason Wheatley was terrible was because he was an idiot. 

So how indeed can you be the worst greatest AI?