Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TriOctium

Swarm Mystery 3: Solus Imperium [SWARM VICTORY!]

294 posts in this topic

There's no need to protect me as long as Wstie's dead, and Wstie's basically screaming out "suspect me!" with his move here.

Given the ability doesn't kill instantly, but can afterward, I imagine he might be intending to plant a seed to be able to kill the target easily in future if they do turn out to be assimilated. Even if HH isn't now, she might be in future, given the detective role usually being an important one.

Although we can just as easily vote off any assimilated we discover. While it may allow for 2 exterminations in one day, that won't be doable until the day after tomorrow anyway, since anyone assimilated in the next night phase isn't inspectable until the one after.

I don't think if he's guilty he'd so openly attack... but then if he is assimilated, this may be him sacrificing himself to take down an important innocent along with him while he can. Especially if its a 2-turn setup, he'd be useless if he was discovered tonight. But now, yeah, he could potentially kill someone before being exterminated if we decide to wait and inspect people in the night.

I'll put my vote to Exterminate Wst anyway, since he hasn't even tried to give a reason yet.

Also somebody converse with me. I wanted to act as ambassador to our gracious host but I see the psychic has beat me to it. Surely someone would like to discuss politics? I know lots of scandals and classified stuff~

I highly doubt Wstie's so forward-thinking. It's more likely the Swarm Host instructed him to attack, and it does make sense to Assimilate the Soldier, since it's likely the Soldier has the ability to kill people. A killing ability would definitely be more beneficial to the Swarm Host than to us, because the Host wins with everyone dead, whereas we don't have perfect knowledge and may end up killing the wrong people, like how Ether nearly misled us last game.

Okay, I'll defend my case here.

Basically, my Shoot is not an instant-kill, but it means that if I shoot her again next turn, and next turn only, she dies. Basically, she's one of the more likely assimilation targets, so I'm taking precautions by ensuring I could off her if she does turn out to be an Assimilated. You could use your votes on something more productive, like attempting to throw the Expedition Captain out of an airlock.

Wait, we don't have an Expedition Captain? Never mind, then.

If I were an Assimilated, I would have far better things to do than red-flag myself by setting up an insta-kill ability that I'll never get to use, by virtue of everyone voting me off in that very round. And frankly, the Detective and/or the Psychic are the most probable first assimilation targets, not me, because they're the most dangerous to the Swarm Host directly. I'm a liability in a sense, because I can't even kill people instantly. It's actually fairly trivial to forestall me for the entire duration of our stay here, since anyone can take the bullet -- with 11 other people here, it would take me 12 turns to actually kill anyone if you all were feeling particularly public-spirited. Basically, I would be nothing but a nuisance to the Swarm Host if I attempted to kill someone right off the bat, since I'd be wasting one of his/her precious turns.

So, yeah. Don't exterminate me, I'm just doing my job here.

We can vote her off next turn if we find she's assimilated. There wasn't a need to shoot yet. That is what is fishy to me. It's not like the votes are anywhere near to possibly being tied either.

We're to trust you to kill her instead of us voting for it.

Yeaaaaaaaah if you're Assimilated this Night Phase the Swarm Host basically gets to have you and also conveniently kill me without much effort at all.

In that case, one of you just needs to take the kill-shot for her, which would leave you bloodied and vulnerable to a next kill-shot (which would never come), and you can vote me off because I've shown my true colors. Seriously, for the world's best soldier, I'm terrible at shooting anyone to death.

Let me describe my Shoot ability: I can shoot people. This leaves them with a sucking chest wound that makes you scream like a little girl, but because Customs only let me bring this teeny-tiny Walther on the ship, I can't actually kill anyone unless I shoot them twice -- and even worse, said sucking chest wound heals within a day, so it only counts if I shoot you twice in a row, one in each Day phase. In addition, anyone on the ship can take the bullet for my intended target, which results in both of them getting wounded, in addition to the original victim's wound not healing -- so as long as people are willing to take the bullet for her, I can keep shooting and nothing much would happen, other than y'all bleeding over Nihilus' carpet.

If not for my other tricks, I'd say that a certain two people were playing a very cruel joke on me when they handed me my service pistol.

I think her/anyone else's status will be negated if you don't deal the killing blow by next phase though.

I got your skill description since we conversed last night.

Is it against the rules if i just copy/paste the info in here, Time?

AI speaking here! I'm all for keeping the Soldier alive today and letting him mark the Detective Bloody. If he Shoots to eliminate her tomorrow without a plausible justification, we'll simply put on a zig and vote him off!

I'm considering the fact that we can't identify the Swarm Host decisively, so even randomly killing off characters helps us trim down the list.

In any case, we ought to put people to Scan Wst, HH, Noia and DD tonight. HH and Noia for being HPTs, DD for coming to HH's defense, and Wst for bringing out his big gun! 

If someone takes the shot, both remain wounded until next phase (and this carries on ad infinitum as long as I keep shooting and people keep jumping into the way), because apparently you can only get better from gaping bullet holes if you aren't being traumatized by the sound of people shooting at you.

I conclude that the whole lot of you aren't actual people but Call of Duty characters.

Also, this gun of mine is hardly big at all... unless the whole lot of you are suspiciously bulletproof.

Seriously, nothing of what Wstie said has negated anything I just said. He can still be Assimilated and used as a tool against me, if not now, then this Night Phase.

If we want to kill someone random, I still say we should kill Wstie.

Also Ether's the one who labelled Noia and I High-Profile Targets. He seems to be suspiciously pinning attention on us.

I think her/anyone else's status will be negated if you don't deal the killing blow by next phase though.

I got your skill description since we conversed last night.

Is it against the rules if i just copy/paste the info in here, Time?

Nope nope, copy/paste away!

The point is, I can't kill you with my shooting even if I were assimilated, since I'm sure someone would be willing to take a non-lethal blow for you. 

Also, I frankly don't see what the bot's doing wrong, his choices are reasonable. If anything, you're the one acting suspiciously here by trying to cast doubt on anyone who isn't you.

His skill description's as follows:

1) Shoot - You possess the ability to Shoot players once per Day Phase, like in Swarm 2. The first time you shoot them, they will be Bloodied. If you shoot a Bloodied player, you kill them. If the Bloodied player is not shot by the end of the next Day Phase, his Bloodied status is removed. Another player may choose to “take the shot†for the target instead. If this happens, the second player will gain the Bloodied status, and the first player retains his/her Bloodied status. Both players’ Bloodied status remains until the end of the next Day Phase. This stacks on as long as there are people willing to take the shot for others. Unlimited use.

If it helps. 

â”( ̄ー ̄)┌

Okay i concede wstie's right. But i still feel uncomfortable about him for some reason.

Also since seanzi's abandoned me i shall Converse with dayday then.

I'll Converse with anyone who wishes to put on a zig! Except for the Soldier, since I already know his first trait. No hard feelings… even though I'm hard all over! AHAHAHAHA!

I'll have to find a new conversation partner, then.

I must warn the Leader about the threat the La Li Lu Le Lo poses to all of us.

Yeah. Totally let her get shot today, scan her tonight, if she's clean, take the shot, scan West the next night, and hope nothing big develops before then. It's all about the risks baby! Also, I can converse with the AI. Tell him to shit the hell up about zigs! *digs through bag and pulls out playing cards* Anyone?

To help Shadow clarify: his Gamble needs someone to accept, just like Converse. Once you accept I'll PM you telling you what you need to do.

You're on. ASCHENTE!

(So incredibly happy about that right now)

If my quick scan is correct, the only two verified conversations are:

The Leader with The Engineer(Sean and Asura/DL)

The Psychic with The Zeta(Noia and Kyo)

I-I think that the soldier and, uh, the AI are conversing...

Er... Do we need to upgrade the AI's RAM? It s-seems he has occasional memory bugs....